Account stolen

Dycof

Hey everyone

Today i wanted to log on store on my PC and it said i was giving a wrong email or password.

Now i checked my email after a couple of tries and saw a email from playstation, it said that my email ID was changed to another one i didn't do this or it didn't say to which one.

Is somebody who had the same issue ? is there a solution ? :(

Greetings 

You're probably going to have to go through customer service and prove its your account.

Playstation Live Customer Service:800-345-7669 (800-345-SONY)
Mon – Fri, 8AM – 8PM Pacific or Sat, 7AM – 6PM Pacific.

So looks like its closed today, so try fist thing tomorrow!

• Like 1

Same thing has happened to me before, tho I was given an option saying something like "It wasn't you?" and it being a hyperlink. I clciked it and was allowed to change it.

well yea this link does not work for me it gives me a 404 error

Not very helpful, but I'd just disconnect any machine that you have games downloaded onto the fuck off your internet, at least then if you have been hacked or something and said hacker hits the option to remove all your machines, you can keep your games active while Sony sort you out.

• Like 1

Not trying to be that guy, but this should be a reminder to all to activate 2 step authorization, if you have not already done so.

This. For those that haven't set this up, if you value your account take the few minutes to do it. It is very simple and makes your account much more secure. 

Parker

• Like 2

A similar thing happened to me about a month ago. Luckily for me, they didn't change my email; they only deactivated my devices and then activated their ps4 as my primary ps4. I made a thread here to warn people about it and to encourage them to activate 2-step and change their passwords.

My advice to you is to call sony or go on their live support website. I'm not sure if the Belgian phone number or website is different, but if you send a tweet to @AskPlaystation then they'll direct you to the correct place.

• Like 1

until you lose your phone service and cant access your account at all :/ that would suck

Except that you only need 2 step authorization to access your account through a PC/web browser.

I'd rather lose the ability to log in on my PC, than lose the ability to use my PS3/PS4/Vita

• Like 1

Not trying to be that guy, but this should be a reminder to all to activate 2 step authorization, if you have not already done so.

This. For those that haven't set this up, if you value your account take the few minutes to do it. It is very simple and makes your account much more secure. 

Parker

Do any of you know if we can connect two profiles to one mobile phone? This profile is secure, but not my other one (where I deleted credit card information the other day just to be sure).

Parker

This is actually not as safe as you'd think, because it's a backdoor!

• Like 2

Except that you only need 2 step authorization to access your account through a PC/web browser.

I'd rather lose the ability to log in on my PC, than lose the ability to use my PS3/PS4/Vita

You also need it to log in to your consoles. You can generate a code through the website that lets you bypass doing this every time, though.

Hey everyone

Today i wanted to log on store on my PC and it said i was giving a wrong email or password.

Now i checked my email after a couple of tries and saw a email from playstation, it said that my email ID was changed to another one i didn't do this or it didn't say to which one.

Is somebody who had the same issue ? is there a solution ? :(

Greetings 

My account was hacked last year, because of the 2015 PSN Account dump (don't bother searching, still incredibly private), but I just contacted their chat support, and told them my serial id and email used to make the account. They reset it quick. 

Do any of you know if we can connect two profiles to one mobile phone? This profile is secure, but not my other one (where I deleted credit card information the other day just to be sure).

I believe you can. That said, I used a second phone for my wife's account. I do have a couple of out of region accounts, I should try it on one of those. Unlike the email you use, I don't believe there needs to be a unique phone # for each account.

but dont you need the phone sevice to also add your acct to new systems?

Don't you need a phone in order to set it up and use it? If so, then those who don't have a phone are screwed.

You also need it to log in to your consoles. You can generate a code through the website that lets you bypass doing this every time, though.

Yes, you need a phone in order to be able to use 2 step. I would assume most people now have one, or at least have access to one. Once set up, you use your mobile once to get a one time code to use on your console log in, in place of your usual password. After that, you only use the mobile to generate a unique ID each time you use a web browser to log into your account, or to add a new console.

Thanks everyone for the suggestion and tips but i made my call this morning and got my acc back :) thanks

I'm glad to hear it was sorted B)

• Like 2