A Casual Attack on Your Backlog

4 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I wanted to join in this season, but I forgot to check back. Sign me up for next season then. I should have a few new games for Christmas.

A lot of people have been dropping in mid-season, albeit several have never been seen again xD . This season has barely started anyway, so I think it would be alright for you to join.

@gernboes correct me if I'm wrong though.

As for updates, I managed to make some progress so far.

In Earth's Dawn I defeated a bunch of bosses and am currently stuck at the 7th. Once I grind a few missions, I should be able to get past him without problem though. Speaking of missions, that's basically all the game is. A mission-based 2D hack and slash with silly character models. You get missions ranging from fetch-quests to kill X number of enemies. Depending on your rank you get rewarded with new skills (usually you need an A or S rank to get those). You also get materials to craft new weapons and armor by defeating enemies during the missions.

For some reason the devs though it would be a good idea to implement a timer in this game. Essentially after every 4th or 6th mission you are forced to do the boss mission of the chapter. It's a stupid and pointless mechanic and 2 out of 3 times you won't be able to get a high rank on that mission or even fail to complete it because you are underleveled.

Anyway, the game is fun, but has it's annoyances.

I'm almost finished with Apotheon now. I only have to defeat Zeus and probably do a few side quests in the final area.

It's a metroidvania that looks like ancient Greek pottery. You do quests, get a ton of weapons and defeat the Greek gods. It is also a lot of fun, but has really annoying issues. The hit detection is absolutely atrocious when it comes to melee weapons. Furthermore this game crashes uncontrollably, especially when looting chests. It's beyond me how this has never been patched. Not to mention the times I got thrown into the environment, becoming stuck in the walls or the floor.

I also made a little bit of progress with Ray Gigant. This one is a dungeon crawler in first-person.So essentially you'll be searching a maze-like dungeon for the exti/boss, while killing enemies along the way. You get to level up and improve skills by collecting a bunch of orbs and assigning them respectively to the character/skill. I don't like that leveling approach whatsoever, as it feels like you're going to have to do obligatory grinds just to try to keep all characters at the same level.

Anyway, the combat is turn-based and dependent on the action speed stat (which is one of those things that need to be leveled up...). There's also2 other modes that can be enabled during combat. One is a mini game and basically works as the special attack of the game. Shame that it takes almost an entire dungeon to build up in order to enable it. Then there's also parasite mode or whatever it's called, that I don't know why it's in the game really. It can't really be controlled as it seems to build up every time you go into combat, and when it activates all your attacks cost health. Maybe I'M missing something, but so far I've not seen where that is supposed to be useful in any way.

My progress basically consists in defeating the boss in chapter 2, which was giving me trouble because I was trying to keep all 3 characters alive. He went down easy once I only focused on 2 of them. Then all I did was search for the bloody save point in the chapter 3 dungeon, because I was tired and wanted to go to sleep.

I'm starting to get really disappointed every time I pick up the Vita, because I'm reminded with every game I play there, how fucking dumb developers are that don't seem to realise that any game on a portable device needs an option to save at any given time. What is so difficult to understand about that notion? It's portable ffs, meaning you play it on the go, which by extension means you will have to be able to turn the system of at any moment to avoid potentially losing hours of progress. People don't always have the time to run around like idiots looking for a save point. This should be common fucking sense really.

• Like 1

Quick Update.... decided to add Lego Pirates of the Caribbean to my list, as it's a game I've got on ps now (which I've got for free) so I figured it may as well be added as I'm gonna be doing it now regardless.

I might also be adding Uncharted 2 Remastered to the list, but by Sunday I'll be sure as to whether it is or not :D 

Edited by Wxddlindan

Personal Update: I finished Punchline (for someone which failed to complete the proposed games, it is a good start...).

Season IV

• Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of The Mysterious Book || Goal: Story Complete || Current Progress: Early days
  • Madden NFL 11 || Goal: Platinum || Current Progress: 85%
  • Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch || Goal: Story Complete || Current Progress: 5th Chapter
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 (PS4 - EU) || Goal: All Obtainable trophies (30 of 41) || Current Progress: 13 of 30
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 (PS4 -NA) || Goal: All Offline trophies (30 of 41) || Current Progress: 16 of 30
  • Punchline || Goal: Platinum || Current Progress: 100%
  • Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves || Goal: Platinum || Current Progress: 4%
  • Tour de France 2014 (PS3) || Goal: Rank A || Current Progress: 17%
  • Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered || Goal: Platinum || Current Progress: 4%

EDIT: plz include Madden NFL 11 on my Season IV list (I'd forgotten to put this game before starting Season IV - I put Madden NFL 11 on the list above).

Edited by JoaoQuique

I like the thoughts, and will add a list tomorrow of my games to move off my backlog by Christmas.

On 29/09/2017 at 10:15 AM, gernboes said:

For my list for S4, I have decided to make it Halloween based, so all games I would normally carry over from S3 I will consider suspended for Halloween and add only to the list when I finish something from my primary ist, which is as follows:

On 29/09/2017 at 10:15 AM, gernboes said:

Until Dawn: I should really play this too...

Oxenfree: Looks like a fun spooky story, should play this too.

Layers of Fear: Not sure what to make of this one, although it does speak horror/suspense.

SOMA: Supposedly a very good horror title, not sure if I'd want to try it.

The Evil Within: It gets much easier in the second half ironically, so if you try doing the no upgrade run on easy you can knock that out too.

Among the Sleep: I have the same vibe about this as Layers of Fear, it just doesn't seem to grab me.

SAW: Terrible controls and some annoying puzzles, but you never know.

Weekly Update #5

A very productive week, although it doesn't look that way looking at my backlog list. I've found a Payday 2 group and made notable progress on it (however for now it's going to remain off my backlog list due to its unpredictablability) as well as starting my Unity nostigna puzzles (about a third of the way through) and only having 4 missions of sync points to collect for the platinum, which leaves just the dlc. I've also added 3 new games to my list Lego pirates of the Caribbean, Lara Croft GO and Uncharted 2 Remastered, all of which I intent to platinum (and get the U2 DLC). I've also made some general progress on DA:I and even cleared up some minecraft DLC.

Season 4:

Dragon Age: Inquisition - Platinum (58% 35/51)

Infamous Second Son - Platinum 

TWD: A New Frontier - Platinum

AC Unity - 100% (77% 46/58)

TWD: S2 - 100%

Minecraft Story Mode - 100% (19% 11/51)

Mafia 3 - Plat , Perfect Playthrough and DLC Progression (69% 59/86)

Lego Pirates of the Caribbean - Platinum (6/41 8%)

Lara Croft GO - Platinum (0%)

Uncharted 2 Remastered - 100% (17/53 23%)

My intent for the upcoming week is to platinum AC Unity, as well as make significant progress on Uncharted 2 and potentially platinum the other two games added to my list, however with Payday 2 most nights progress on other games could slow down :D 

Edited by Wxddlindan

On 9/23/2017 at 2:16 PM, dadoudelidou said:

Pre Season 4 Update:

- Finshed the Last of Us DLC : Left Behind.

I've decided when they announced the second one to replay this masterpiece.

Yep, even after all those years, this game is still in my opinion one of the best story out there. 

- Got some good progress on Assassin's Creed Revelation .

I just can't believe it. I'm probably one of the biggest fan of that franchise and I just realised that I never seen the last few sequences of Revelations ?!?!?! 

Great game to finish the Ezio Auditore di Florenzia story ark. 

Can you imagine if Ubisoft would have made a proper remake/remaster of the trilogy with good controls ?  

If I had to rate the AC games .

- Black Flag : the most fun to play

- Revelation : Best story 

- Unity : most beautiful world (post patches)

S4 backlog:

- AC revelation / 51% / Story + 75%

- Last of Us / 15% / Story + collectibles

- Final Fantasy XV/ 0% /Platinum

- Batman Arkham Asylum / 0% / Story

- Skyrim / 78% / finish DLCs

- Rise of the Tomb Raider / 0% / Plat

I will make one slight change to my S4 line-up

Rise of the tomb Raider: I will change it to only complete the story for now.

I attempt since more than a year to convince my girlfriend that gaming isn't a waste of time and is a fun activity.

FINALLY ! She found a game she likes ! 

This one ! So we will play it together and don't bother for now with the difficulty settings, collectibles,etc...

Eventually I will come back to it to get the Platinum ;)

Id like to join but I guess I missed the deadline for almost 2 weeks ?
However, I host a similar challenge on a german PS4 board so I could copy and paste my goals in here and Id have double ambitions to fight my backlog :D

I think I could already give some updates on sunday 

Well, depends on if you let me join or not then :D 

In case its accepted that Id like to join Id like to post my goals already

Spoiler

#1 Earths Dawn (Plat - 6% 4/21 [currently inactive])
#2 Murdered: Soul Suspect (Plat - 36% 18/49)
#3 Stories: The Path of Destinies (Plat - 27% 16/38)
#4 Mafia 3 (Story Completion - right after the first meeting with everybody)

planed:
Child of Light (100% - 0% 0/20)

Edited by slaaack1

Hmmm, having made pretty much zero progress in Season III it looks like I’ll just be rolling the list over into Season IV...

Season IV

• Mass Effect 3 || PS3 || Start 0% (F) || Goal: Story Completion+ Rank A || Current: 1% (E)
  • Assassins Creed || PS3 || Goal: Story Completion ||
  • Frobisher Says || Vita || Start 10% (D) || Goal: Rank A ||
  • Dead or Alive 5: Last Round || PS4 || Start 8% (E) || Goal: Rank A || Current: 37% (C)
  • NCIS || PS3 || Start 52% (D) || Goal: Platinum ||
  • Tropico 5 || PS4 || Start 6% (D) || Goal: Story Completion + Rank A || Current: 17% (A)
  • Shadow of Mordor || PS4 || Start 1% (E) || Goal: Story Completion + Rank A ||

Eliminated from Backlog

• Assassins Creed IV Black Flag || PS4
  • Ghostbusters || PS3
  • Mass Effect || PS3
  • Contrast || PS4
  • Mass Effect 2 || PS3
  • Motorstorm RC || Vita
  • Little Deviants || Vita
  • Outrun || PS3
  • Game of Thrones || PS4
  • Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse Episode 5 || PS3
  • The Secret of Monkey Island || PS3
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, slaaack1 said:

In case its accepted that Id like to join Id like to post my goals already

Hide contents

#1 Earths Dawn (Plat - 6% 4/21 [currently inactive])
#2 Murdered: Soul Suspect (Plat - 36% 18/49)

planed:

As a heads up regarding Earth's Dawn. Use the longswords as soon as it becomes available, as grinding the necessary 8000 attacks with it is exhausting. You will need to get 8000 attacks with swords, pistols, longswords and "arrows", as they are tied to the getting all skills trophy. If you leave it for post-game expect to invest about 1h extra for each 5000 attacks (you can just do the attack motion, and don't actually need to hit anything).

• Like 2

Got a good amount of progress done by getting the plats in Apotheon and Earth's Dawn. I'm adding Dishonored 2: Death of the Outsider to the list, for a bit of genre variety.

Season IV

• Earth's Dawn - plat
  • Apotheon - plat (started in S3)
  • Ray Gigant - make some progress (currently in chapter 2)
  • Okage: Shadow King - finish story
  • Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - try out the game
  • Dishonored 2: Death of the Outsider - finish story

With that out of the way, I made at least some progress in 4/5 of the games. There isn't really too much to say about the games, that I didn't say before.

Earth's Dawn was more enjoyable than I thought it would be. The art style was what made me skeptical about it, but once I started playing it, it didn't really bother me any more. Had a good amount of fun playing through it  Most missions are fairly short, taking between 5-10 minutes each, the main missions usually take longer. There are about 100 missions, most of which you'll need to play through 2 or three times to get the skills tied to the missions. Only things I didn't like about the game was the skill system, which ends up in a clusterfuck later on. The mandatory boss fights after every 5 side missions are annoying a well, as often enough you won't be able to get high enough rank for the rewards due to being underleveled/undergeared .

Apotheon was pretty good, but riddled with minor annoyances. The hit boxes are all over the place, with attacks often not connecting for some arbitrary reason. Then there are the constant crashes and the issues with getting stuck in the environment. Other than that, the art style is neat, the story is alright and the game is fun. The boss fights are all interesting and original as well.

Didn't make a lot of progress in Ray Gigant. I'm currently in the chapter 3 dungeon and already found the location of the boss. I'm aiming to clear out the remaining enemies in the dungeon before taking on the boss though. Kind of starting to be in two minds about this game, as there are a few mechanics that I really dislike.

In Okage I also only made minor progress. Just got the 3rd party member in chapter 3 and been hunting down collectibles for the most part. This is another game that I only find to be decent so far. There's too many things I don't like about it unfortunately.

• Like 1

I assume that I'm allowed to join here since its written in the OP that one could join everytime... :D  So Id like to post some updates:

#2 Murdered: Soul Suspect (Plat -  52%  28/49) (+ 16% +10)

After a while I started again to play the story a little and got some of the many collectibles (:rolleyes:)... Guess I dont plat it this weekend tho due to Bundesliga and NFL. :D 

Spoiler

#1 Earths Dawn (Plat - 6% 4/21 [currently inactive])
#2 Murdered: Soul Suspect (Plat - 52% 28/49)

planed:

2 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Earth's Dawn was more enjoyable than I thought it would be. The art style was what made me skeptical about it, but once I started playing it, it didn't really bother me any more. Had a good amount of fun playing through it  Most missions are fairly short, taking between 5-10 minutes each, the main missions usually take longer. There are about 100 missions, most of which you'll need to play through 2 or three times to get the skills tied to the missions. Only things I didn't like about the game was the skill system, which ends up in a clusterfuck later on. The mandatory boss fights after every 5 side missions are annoying a well, as often enough you won't be able to get high enough rank for the rewards due to being underleveled/undergeared .

I guess I have to play it more intense soon... Atm I lost my interest in that game altough I really wanted to buy and play it... I guess its because I dont dig that kind of playstyle what makes it even harder to beat bosses and maybe I was underleveled. :D Seems like I just have to grind through this for the plat when I feel motivated to do so. I agree on the art style and the somehow strange skill system.

24 minutes ago, slaaack1 said:

I assume that I'm allowed to join here since its written in the OP that one could join everytime... :D  So Id like to post some updates:

#2 Murdered: Soul Suspect (Plat -  52%  28/49) (+ 16% +10)

After a while I started again to play the story a little and got some of the many collectibles (:rolleyes:)... Guess I dont plat it this weekend tho due to Bundesliga and NFL. :D 

Reveal hidden contents

#1 Earths Dawn (Plat - 6% 4/21 [currently inactive])
#2 Murdered: Soul Suspect (Plat - 52% 28/49)

planed:

I guess I have to play it more intense soon... Atm I lost my interest in that game altough I really wanted to buy and play it... I guess its because I dont dig that kind of playstyle what makes it even harder to beat bosses and maybe I was underleveled. :D Seems like I just have to grind through this for the plat when I feel motivated to do so. I agree on the art style and the somehow strange skill system.

About halfway through the game, it becomes quite easy to go through the missions, even the bosses are easy enough to get S ranks on for the most part. It took me less than 20 hours of playtime to get the plat and I idled a few times, so the game isn't overly long.

• Like 1

On 29.9.2017 at 6:02 PM, ArdorTichy said:

I'd love to take part in Season 4. My games are the following:

- Beyond two Souls -> Plat  (currently 45%)

- South Park: Stick of Truth -> Plat (currently 31%) DONE

- Until Dawn -> Plat  (currently 0%)

- Dishonored 2 -> Story 

- Doom -> Plat (currently 39%)

- Dark Souls 3 -> Plat (currently 54%)

- Little Big Planet 3 -> Rank A (currently E)

First update:

Just platted South Park today, the next Task will be Beyond 2 souls. Besides South Park I also managed to Plat Teslagrad, Monster Jam and Handball 16. Im also still trying to beat Ornstein and Smough from time to time so I can plat this monstrosity in 2017 as well.

• Like 2

*Update #4*

Just completed The Evil Within! It was great game though it dragged out at certain parts. I'll be going for the Platinum for Until Dawn next. It might take me a few playthroughs, but it shouldn't be too difficult. 

1.) Horizon Zero Dawn - Platinum 

2.) Dishonored 2 - Platinum 

✅3.) Costume Quest 2 - Complete  Story 

✅4.) Evil Within - Complete Story 

5.) Until Dawn - Platinum 

Edited by Firefoxie
  • Like 2

Weekly Update #6

A strange week to say the least, one which has been extremely busy, stressed and trophy wise backloaded, and yet I've earned quite a few notable trophies towards the end half of the week; some of the hardest trophies on Payday 2 Crimewave edition,  finished up the crushing playthrough for Uncharted 2 and started up Wolfenstein The New Order (My new rental) as well as starting Uncharted Drake's fortune (a favourite of mine :D).

Season 4:

Dragon Age: Inquisition - Platinum (58% 35/51)

Infamous Second Son - Platinum 

TWD: A New Frontier - Platinum

AC Unity - 100% (77% 46/58)

TWD: S2 - 100%

Minecraft Story Mode - 100% (19% 11/51)

Mafia 3 - Plat , Perfect Playthrough and DLC Progression (69% 59/86)

Lego Pirates of the Caribbean - Platinum (6/41 8%)

Lara Croft GO - Platinum (4/18 22%)

Uncharted 2 Remastered - 100% (24/53 39%)

Wolfenstien: The New Order - Platinum (11/51 17%)

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - Platinum (1/48 1%)

So whilst I've continued adding games to the backlogue, and I'll admit it looks bad right now, however I've got a weeks holiday coming up, and consequently the last 5 games on the list, as well as AC Unity and MC Storymode should get finished up, meaning the list should shorten down significantly :D✏️?

• Like 3

Pushed through the 256 floor dungeon in Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God finally, and grabbed five trophies on the way up - 75% monster data, 2500 monster kills, 5000 monster kills, 20 skills learned, and upgrading an item to +99 (a shield). That's all the easy ones, really - still 4,100 kills away from 10,000, many weapons to upgrade to fill up the item book, and 12 skill upgrades needed to max out all skills. They should all come with time.

Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PS3) | Goal: Platinum | Progress: 26/46 - 42%

Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & The Monster Seal | Goal: Story completion | Progress: Chapter 7

One Piece: Unlimited World Red | Goal: Story completion | Progress: Chapter 4 completed

PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate | Goal: Platinum | Progress: 17/27 - 45%

Rainbow Moon | Goal: Platinum | Progress: 39/53 - 58%

Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God | Goal: Platinum | Progress: 27/34 - 58%

• Like 3

End of Season update done!

Please, as always check your entry if i made any mistakes!

L6f36e3.png

I should have been done with the DLC, but i missed one(!) collectible by going through a door that locked behind me... So i need one more playthrough, although at this point, that shouldnt take much longer than one hour or so...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Arctic Cress said:

Pushed through the 256 floor dungeon in Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God finally, and grabbed five trophies on the way up - 75% monster data, 2500 monster kills, 5000 monster kills, 20 skills learned, and upgrading an item to +99 (a shield). That's all the easy ones, really - still 4,100 kills away from 10,000, many weapons to upgrade to fill up the item book, and 12 skill upgrades needed to max out all skills. They should all come with time.

Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PS3) | Goal: Platinum | Progress: 26/46 - 42%

Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & The Monster Seal | Goal: Story completion | Progress: Chapter 7

One Piece: Unlimited World Red | Goal: Story completion | Progress: Chapter 4 completed

PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate | Goal: Platinum | Progress: 17/27 - 45%

Rainbow Moon | Goal: Platinum | Progress: 39/53 - 58%

Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God | Goal: Platinum | Progress: 27/34 - 58%

Dungeon travelers...i feel your struggle

*Update #5*

I just got the platinum for Until Dawn. A great game and a lot of fun! I think the next game I'll be playing is Horizon Zero Dawn. I'll probably be playing other games in between though cause I'm not sure how long this game's platinum will take me to get. 

1.) Horizon Zero Dawn - Platinum 

2.) Dishonored 2 - Platinum 

3.) Costume Quest 2 - Complete  Story 

4.) Evil Within - Complete Story 

✅5.) Until Dawn - Platinum 

Edited by Firefoxie
  • Like 2