PS Plus: Free Games for December 2016

Aranea Highwind

Which is the similar game to Transistor? Not Invisible Inc. surely? They're both isometric camera games, sure, but Invisible Inc is turn based and focused on stealth. In Transistor, queuing up attacks was an option, but not a requirement and there were plenty of viable builds that didn't use it. There were also none of the roguelike elements (e.g. permanent character death) which I gather are in Invisible Inc. Having played Transistor and (so far) only read/heard about Invisible Inc. the two games strike me as being very different in their mechanics. 

Or are you on about Stories?

Obviously there are some differences, but theyre more similar than they are different.

With Xbox GwG you get:

• XB360 games that are compatible with XB1
  • The XB360 games are free, even after your sub expires
  • Most of the 360 games have been optimized to play flawlessly on the XB1

Don't talk about something if you don't have or know much about it. PS+ isn't bad, but comparing it to something like GwG is pointless now. Also why are some of you talking about the old days? We are talking about now, not 2011. You saying to me that some of the GwG games have been on PS+ before is redundant to me, especially when the PS3 version of some games didn't even run half as good as the XB360, how do you think they stack up against the XB1 version? 

Having played Sleeping Dogs on both the 360 and PS3, I can say that it plays the same on both systems. (I actually got the 360 version from Games with Gold back when they started GWG.) I haven't played the definitive edition on PS4 or XBox One yet, so I can't speak for the quality of either current gen version yet.

Edited by Urushiro
  • Like 1

With Xbox GwG you get:

• XB360 games that are compatible with XB1
  • The XB360 games are free, even after your sub expires
  • Most of the 360 games have been optimized to play flawlessly on the XB1

Don't talk about something if you don't have or know much about it. PS+ isn't bad, but comparing it to something like GwG is pointless now. Also why are some of you talking about the old days? We are talking about now, not 2011. You saying to me that some of the GwG games have been on PS+ before is redundant to me, especially when the PS3 version of some games didn't even run half as good as the XB360, how do you think they stack up against the XB1 version? 

You've convinced me to question my entire way of life. It's time to see how amazing GwG really is.

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition: went on sale for $5 in October. PS3 and Xbox 360 version both given for free in years past. Savings of $5 if you didn't pick it up during a sale. WOOF THAT VALUE THOUGH.

Outlast. Free with PS+ back in February 2014. Often goes on sale for $5. 

Outland. An Xbox original arcade game launched back in 2011. $10 value, hasn't gone on sale because it sells so amazing that it never needs to be on sale.

Burnout Paradise. A highly loved racer that released in 2008. It has since been inexpensively had over the years. I'm sure all 10 Xbox fanboys are extremely gleeful to play this very old game on their Xbox One. $15 value, but can be had for $5 very easily. Let's give it the full $15 value, just to be nice.

GRAND TOTAL VALUE:

$35.

This entire month of games just screams we already played this shit. Where's the new experiences? Great if you're an achievement hunter, I guess.

I'm sorry, I'm really failing to see the value in Xbox. The ONLY thing it has going for it is the cross platinum gimmick, which isn't possible with PS3 > PS4 due to the PS3's cell processor. I find it amusing that people never seem to understand this, and continue to rub Xbox's chubby and do their job for them. If you enjoy GwG, cool, good for you. You get some really fun games that are very old, and you can play everything on your newest console.

Oh no, I talked about something I don't have and "don't know much about". Comparing the two services is completely logical since Microsoft flat out copied Sony by offering free games back in 2013. So, any Xbox fanboy should be thanking Sony for giving their customers the service. Lord knows Microsoft doesn't create anything themselves. The only hard work they do is spend money and copy better people's hard work.

• Like 2

Lord knows Microsoft doesn't create anything themselves. The only hard work they do is spend money and copy better people's hard work.

This is more or less common business in many industries. If one competitor sees that people like a feature from a company they might implement it. See Sony who saw the platform-based achievement system of the Xbox 360, which was more or less the first one that wasn't tied to a single game or game developer, and implemented something called trophies. ;)

• Like 2

I could care less about AAA, don't put me in the same bag as everyone else.

What I ask is "good" games. And it seems that almost 90% of the people over there thinks that the games shown are not "good" games.

I was talking about the number of dislikes on the video you posted not you. Sorry if that caused any confusion.

They (the idiots that down-voted the video) think that these games are "not good" because they aren't "AAA" that's why, which is sickening to think that people can't accept the idea of indies being good, which they, in fact, often are.

They also cannot accept the fact that "AAA" titles are often NOT good either.

But the internet is the internet. Nature of the beast and all.

Not to mention, when a AAA game DOES appear for free, it's value is pretty much shot down the shitter immediately. Why? Since it was free digitally for a month, I EXPECT it to be $5 from here on out!

There are so many entitled people out there, it's absolutely sick. If you actually worked and did your job as well as you bitch online, you would be able to afford as many day 1 pieces of shit, sorry, AAA titles as you see fit. But no, continue to bitch about PS+ like it's the worst thing in your life. First world problems much.

And the PS+ team is like:

"What, you don't buy these AAA titles but expect them for free on our inexpensive yearly subscription? No? Then we don't care either.

Another problem with having "AAA" titles on the service is the fact that they would often "hog the spotlight", so to speak, from the other titles.

People would only focus on that game and complain when they don't get more like that, even considering how difficult it must be for Sony to get those games on the service to begin with.

Nothing that interests me much this month.  Will probably add Stories to the "purchased" but not downloaded list that keeps on growing.  Not every month is going to have something I want to play and there is nothing wrong with that.  I am sure if I added up the IGC titles and the extra discounts on sales, PS+ has been more than worth it for me in 2016.

You've convinced me to question my entire way of life. It's time to see how amazing GwG really is.

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition: went on sale for $5 in October. PS3 and Xbox 360 version both given for free in years past. Savings of $5 if you didn't pick it up during a sale. WOOF THAT VALUE THOUGH.

Outland. An Xbox original arcade game launched back in 2011. $10 value, hasn't gone on sale because it sells so amazing that it never needs to be on sale.

Burnout Paradise. A highly loved racer that released in 2008. It has since been inexpensively had over the years. I'm sure all 10 Xbox fanboys are extremely gleeful to play this very old game on their Xbox One. $15 value, but can be had for $5 very easily. Let's give it the full $15 value, just to be nice.

GRAND TOTAL VALUE:

$35.

This entire month of games just screams we already played this shit. Where's the new experiences? Great if you're an achievement hunter, I guess.

Amazing.

You keep on talking about the old days like they are significant to us now in the present. Someone getting those games before is redundant to me in the present, why keep on referring to it? Also, those 360 games I own those after my sub expires and that would benefit me more than just being tied to my PS+ IGC. 

Plus with the ratio of dislikes compared to likes on the Xbox Dec GwG, I don't think any XB1/XB360 gamer is moaning about what was offered to them. 

I'm sorry, I'm really failing to see the value in Xbox. The ONLY thing it has going for it is the cross platinum gimmick, which isn't possible with PS3 > PS4 due to the PS3's cell processor. I find it amusing that people never seem to understand this, and continue to rub Xbox's chubby and do their job for them. If you enjoy GwG, cool, good for you. 

You've already shown your bias in previous Xbox related articles, so I'm not surprised to read that you see no value in Xbox. Also, I doubt the cell processor is the main problem for BC, streaming is a new thing for them and they want to push that. They didn't buy Gakai for nothing. If they were concerned about BC in any form, they would have at least given owners of PS2 games on PS3 a chance to upgrade their ports to the PS4 version for a discount price. 

You get some really fun games that are very old, and you can play everything on your newest console.

What's wrong with that? People love consoles that fully make their old ones redundant. I don't want to clog up my TV stand space with multiple consoles when a single console can do everything.

Oh no, I talked about something I don't have and "don't know much about". Comparing the two services is completely logical since Microsoft flat out copied Sony by offering free games back in 2013. So, any Xbox fanboy should be thanking Sony for giving their customers the service. Lord knows Microsoft doesn't create anything themselves. The only hard work they do is spend money and copy better people's hard work.

Did you see PS2's online infrastructure? It was very basic compared to XBL and I'm happy that Sony took some ideas from it. Sony saw the rise of achievements and took the idea and perfected it. Sony aren't above taking ideas from others and trying to perfect it. I mean, did you see the amount of Zelda clones supported on the Playstation?

To the people reading my posts

In no way shape or form am I complaining about PS+ IGC, there is nice things about it. Comparing it to GwG is pointless, GwG provides for me as an XB1 owner, the full experience whereas it would be impossible for a PS4/PSVita only user. Both services have gone different ways and its clear to see. If you want to experience nearly everything on the Xbox brand, GwG. Can you say the same for PS IGC+? 

Don't take my posts as complaining, its criticism and nothing else. 

Having played Sleeping Dogs on both the 360 and PS3, I can say that it plays the same on both systems. (I actually got the 360 version from Games with Gold back when they started GWG.) I haven't played the definitive edition on PS4 or XBox One yet, so I can't speak for the quality of either current gen version yet.

Sorry Urushiro, I seem to have missed your post, lol. As I said, it would be for the games that were multi-platform which ran better on the XB360. Sleeping Dogs, I don't know which version is better, but I'll look on Digital Foundry to see which one performs better. 

Here's the frame rate performance video for Sleeping Dogs on the XB360 and PS3:

I really can't tell who won to be honest.

Edited by FlareXV
  • Like 2

Amazing.

You keep on talking about the old days like they are significant to us now in the present. Someone getting those games before is redundant to me in the present, why keep on referring to it? Also, those 360 games I own those after my sub expires and that would benefit me more than just being tied to my PS+ IGC. 

The old days are prominent in the present, especially if Microsoft's reaching down the barrel and every single game is a 3+ year old game, LOL.

And then add in the fact that the one redeemable quality Xbox has is its backwards compatibility, which lets you replay those 8+ year old games you can't let go, LOOOOOOOOOOL.

Xbox is literally relying on being a back-to-the-future machine in order to succeed. The PS4 is able to dominate the market by pumping out great game after great game.

"Also, I doubt the cell processor is the main problem for BC"

You really have no idea what you're talking about. The difference between the Cell processor and the x84-64 architecture that they have in the PS4 is absolutely GIGANTIC. They couldn't be more different. The PS4 operates as a mini-PC. The PS3 has its own unique processor that is programmed entirely different.

It's impossible to get it to be backwards compatible, outside of what you mentioned, their purchase of Gaikai, which we now know as PSNow. 

If you seriously think it's as easy to make any game backwards compatible, because they can stream games on PS Now, and because Microsoft has figured a way to do it (not difficult since the architectures of the 360 and Xbox One are much closer than the PS3 and PS4's.

I dare you to take three years of advanced programming, and then come back and say you doubt the Cell processor is the main problem for backwards compatibility. 

Amazing.

Plus with the ratio of dislikes compared to likes on the Xbox Dec GwG, I don't think any XB1/XB360 gamer is moaning about what was offered to them. 

You've already shown your bias in previous Xbox related articles, so I'm not surprised to read that you see no value in Xbox. Also, I doubt the cell processor is the main problem for BC, streaming is a new thing for them and they want to push that. They didn't buy Gakai for nothing. If they were concerned about BC in any form, they would have at least given owners of PS2 games on PS3 a chance to upgrade their ports to the PS4 version for a discount price. 

What's wrong with that? People love consoles that fully make their old ones redundant. I don't want to clog up my TV stand space with multiple consoles when a single console can do everything.

Did you see PS2's online infrastructure? It was very basic compared to XBL and I'm happy that Sony took some ideas from it. Sony saw the rise of achievements and took the idea and perfected it. Sony aren't above taking ideas from others and trying to perfect it. I mean, did you see the amount of Zelda clones supported on the Playstation?

To the people reading my posts

In no way shape or form am I complaining about PS+ IGC, there is nice things about it. Comparing it to GwG is pointless, GwG provides for me as an XB1 owner, the full experience whereas it would be impossible for a PS4/PSVita only user. Both services have gone different ways and its clear to see. If you want to experience nearly everything on the Xbox brand, GwG. Can you say the same for PS IGC+? 

Don't take my posts as complaining, its criticism and nothing else. 

Sorry Urushiro, I seem to have missed your post, lol. As I said, it would be for the games that were multi-platform which ran better on the XB360. Sleeping Dogs, I don't know which version is better, but I'll look on Digital Foundry to see which one performs better. 

Here's the frame rate performance video for Sleeping Dogs on the XB360 and PS3:

I really can't tell who won to be honest.

Picking a couple of points to discuss, let's just say I agree with everything else, or have no knowledge about it (that last one is PS2's online stuff, mostly).

The past is imporant because GwG is four games PS+ owners have gotten for free already (Valyrious did not mention it but Burnout Paradise and Outland have been on PS+ as well), so people complaining about GwG being better than PS+ are forgetting that long PS+ members own all those four titles already. It's true that there now may be many new PS+ members (personally I've bought Burnout and I don't have the three others) but the Retro/Grade debacle of a few months ago shows that re-PS+ing a game will give an even bigger outcry.

I dono't really get the point of the "X360 lets you keep the games after your GwG expires" argument. That's just me though, because I just constantly renew my PS+ subscription anyway since every month since the start (2.5 years ago) I have gotten at least one game I felt like playing every single month. Side question: what would happen if before your PS+ expires, you just keep your console in offline mode?

I don't think ratio of likes is representative, as the people with negative views on PS+ seem to be way more vocal.

Personal opinion but I have a PS4, PS3 and SNES plugged into the television of my mancave (and a Wii in the living room). I don't mind still needing the PS3 to play the PS3 games, I have many games for it on disc so I'll keep the console around anyway. I'm probably going to get the Switch but even if I could download all the SNES cartridges I have on there for free (never going to happen, but hypothetically) then I'd still keep the SNES around.

This is the first I hear about multi platform games running better on X360 than PS3, I thought PS3 was the more powerful one?

I agree that comparing PS+ to GwG is kind of pointless. The grass is always greener on the other side... People on this forum have at least one PlayStation console/handheld, so there are two options here: they also have an Xbox and actually have both services, or they don't have an Xbox. If they have an Xbox, then they should be either happy that the services have little overlap these days, or they should be angry that GwG is constantly giving them games that they've had through PS+ for years. If they don't have an Xbox, then either it's just "the grass is always greener" or they are actively thinking about switching consoles (perhaps only not doing so because PlayStation has better exclusives). I'm guessing that most people comparing fall into the "greener grass" category.

Personally, I've tried both services. I started out on Xbox360 (because it was cheaper than a PS3), and had GwG for the first two years of the service. During that time, I was very annoyed with it because it was either games I owned already or games I had zero interest in (mostly the former) I felt like I did not get my money's worth, and I mostly had GwG to be able to play Netflix. I switched to PS4 for the new gen about 2.5 years ago and immediately went on PS+. There's been a few "I own that already"s or "I don't like that one"s but on the whole I'm often getting many games I don't have yet am willing to try, which I mainly believe is because there's six games instead of four and because it's never that many AAA games - if it's an AAA game I am interested in then I probably have played it already but there's many indie games out there I have never even heard of. Looking at GwG of the past few months, if I still had the service I would still sigh because I either own the games already or am not interested in them in the slightest.

I feel like much of the complaining about PS+ is just because they give out less AAA games. Is it because they want more expensive games for free? Is it because they think AAA games will give you more time to spend on it? Or is it just because they don't give games a fair shot unless there are millions being spent on advertising? Anyway, as I said before, giving AAA games for free means most people who'd really enjoy them will own them already while, if people would give those unknown indies a chance, they'd find many hidden gems.

The old days are prominent in the present, especially if Microsoft's reaching down the barrel and every single game is a 3+ year old game, LOL.

And then add in the fact that the one redeemable quality Xbox has is its backwards compatibility, which lets you replay those 8+ year old games you can't let go, LOOOOOOOOOOL.

Xbox is literally relying on being a back-to-the-future machine in order to succeed. The PS4 is able to dominate the market by pumping out great game after great game.

I feel like we need to shush on this argument before the "PortStation 4" arguments start. I agree that PS4 has much better exclusives than XB1 (the only ones I'd prefer to have are the Rare Collection and the very hypothetical Alan Wake 2) but so many games from the previous generation have been brought over (don't know if that's the same for X1, probably not if they're just backwards compatible now), not to mention the PS2-to-PS4 ports, that I feel like any argument complaining about using X1 if you like old games is doomed to failure.

Luckily, unlike on X360 you don't need to pay extra on PlayStation to be able to use Netflix so I don't need it for that either.

Actually, some years ago they stopped requiring Gold for Netflix and other apps that required it for no reason. I forget when, but it finally happened.

Actually, some years ago they stopped requiring Gold for Netflix and other apps that required it for no reason. I forget when, but it finally happened.

I had heard that it wasn't required for X1 any more, but have they dropped it for X360 as well? That must've been good news for the owners then.

I gave away my X360 to a friend when I got a PS3 from a different friend :) I hadn't been using my X360 at all any more since I got the PS3 and even before that, once I had my PS4 the playing on X360 basically stopped. If Netflix had been free on it back then, then I might have kept it in the living room as I still had an awful lot of games on there which I bought but never played, but my backlog on the PlayStations was big enough already and filled with better games.

I had heard that it wasn't required for X1 any more, but have they dropped it for X360 as well? That must've been good news for the owners then.

I gave away my X360 to a friend when I got a PS3 from a different friend :) I hadn't been using my X360 at all any more since I got the PS3 and even before that, once I had my PS4 the playing on X360 basically stopped. If Netflix had been free on it back then, then I might have kept it in the living room as I still had an awful lot of games on there which I bought but never played, but my backlog on the PlayStations was big enough already and filled with better games.

Yep it was universal. I used it for awhile on 360, and haven't had XBL for years, but that didn't last long since it started to freeze every time I booted up Netflix. xP Oh well~ I have other things with Netflix on them anyway.

Lol, it was foolish of me to think someone like you could refrain from making petty comments like this. I guess we have to be wrong sometimes, huh? 

PS4 dominating sales wise because it's an awesome console? Yes and I won't deny. PS4 dominating because of great games? Don't lie to yourself. A few exclusives have made the console worthwhile (BB,UC4,Upcoming Horizon and few more) and have sold well, but apart from that, a lot of them aren't really loved. PS4 is winning due to it been the best multi-platform console most of the times fresh out the gate (Plus, the XB1 presentation left a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths). 

The fact that you needed to write "Xbox sucks, PS4 rules" posts makes this convo redundant, thanks. 

Picking a couple of points to discuss, let's just say I agree with everything else, or have no knowledge about it (that last one is PS2's online stuff, mostly).

The past is imporant because GwG is four games PS+ owners have gotten for free already (Valyrious did not mention it but Burnout Paradise and Outland have been on PS+ as well), so people complaining about GwG being better than PS+ are forgetting that long PS+ members own all those four titles already. It's true that there now may be many new PS+ members (personally I've bought Burnout and I don't have the three others) but the Retro/Grade debacle of a few months ago shows that re-PS+ing a game will give an even bigger outcry.

Its all good and dandy talking about the old days, but if one can not relive it or go back to it, it's redundant to the person. Also, even if one could go back and get the game, they would still have to obtain a PS3 to play them while an XB1 user wouldn't. If Sony implemented a archive list of past PS Plus games that you could trade the current ones in for, I would be so happy. That isn't going to happen because of certain reasons and I fully understand that. 

I dono't really get the point of the "X360 lets you keep the games after your GwG expires" argument. That's just me though, because I just constantly renew my PS+ subscription anyway since every month since the start (2.5 years ago) I have gotten at least one game I felt like playing every single month. 

Some people may not have a lot of money to renew on a yearly, daily or monthly basis. Its weird, but that's how some people roll. Also, PS IGC acts like a library card for all games whilst GwG for XB360 doesn't.  

Side question: what would happen if before your PS+ expires, you just keep your console in offline mode? 

I think the internal clock would block the user from playing the game. Even if you tried to modify the date and time, it would still block you. The only way to carry on playing would be to modify the internal clock (the actually PS4 hardware).  

This is assuming that MS and Sony thought ahead in such an event. 

Edited by FlareXV
  • Like 1

GRAND TOTAL VALUE:

$35.

I'm sorry, I'm really failing to see the value in Xbox. The ONLY thing it has going for it is the cross platinum gimmick, which isn't possible with PS3 > PS4 due to the PS3's cell processor. I find it amusing that people never seem to understand this, and continue to rub Xbox's chubby and do their job for them. If you enjoy GwG, cool, good for you. You get some really fun games that are very old, and you can play everything on your newest console.

Outland was given out on PS+ in 2012, and Burnout Paradise was given out in 2011 in Europe.

I remember BP now, it was after the PSN outage, I got a free month for each account and used it on my EU account to get BP and it's currently in my hidden trophies since I couldn't be arsed to import a copy of the game to continue it, even though I liked the game. xP The regret! Should've just bought the game... [and there's some renewed annoyance for SCEA not giving it out too, so I would have just played it there]

I think it's priceless people are bragging about GwG's lineup. Wholly unaware that everything has, in one way or another, been given out on PS+ in the past. It's like they forget PS+ has been going on for a really long time now. And games were being given out in all that time. So it never occurs to them to use google real quick and see if it was given out "before their time".

I get people not liking PS+ games being given out now, and not necessarily caring about what was given out in the past since it doesn't apply to them, but the comparison with GwG is just silly. Especially if the particular month is one full of games already given out on PS+. How can you fault Sony for not re-releasing games they've already put out there years ago? Not really Sony's fault you weren't around for it. Same applies to anything like this, GwG's past lineup doesn't help any new subs either. Even if Sony did give out all those games again, people would just complain that they've done it before and are recycling through the lineup. And people who have been with it from the start, like me, would have every right to complain about such a thing. But that wouldn't be all the people "complaining" about it. That is when people suddenly start to do their homework on what's been on there already, since they could now shitpost in a new way. "Sony's so poor they have to  reuse games on PS+ lololol"

It's all so silly. I wish Sony had left PSN free just to avoid this. But, being free it comes the "inferior" implication. Despite PSN having more dedicated servers for it's first party exclusives, Xbox Live still had "more" to the public because... they just assumed. It cost money, so obviously they were getting more out of it. Even Halo was P2P the entire time on 360, despite MS making bank on XBL [and Halo in general]. Not sure if it's still that way for the series on Xbox One or not, or 4 now that I think about it. But it's pretty ridiculous to me their flagship IP, the thing that made Xbox a thing at all didn't even get dedicated servers [at the time - again don't know about now]. Not saying PSN is great, because it's meh, but people think paying for something means it's better. It's some psychological nonsense. Similar to paying *more* for something makes you think it's somehow better. Not always the case, sometimes the exact opposite. But people are silly, and companies work within that. Not saying Sony is absolved of course, they could just keep it free and try to make that a marketing point instead and be above it all. But... they're a company, it makes sense.

And given that PS+ sales have only gone up, clearly Sony is doing the marketing right. If any large portion of consumers really cared,  they'd cancel their subscriptions and Sony would notice and change things around to get the numbers back up. But, it's a vocal minority. As much as some here would love to protest about that. It is. The numbers show, and Sony's unwavering "theme" of mostly indies has yet to go away. Despite people whining about it. So clearly, it is not hurting their bottom line. All the whining in the world isn't going to stop Sony, or any company, from caring about the most important thing. If they are still making money.

I digress.

• Like 1

Its all good and dandy talking about the old days, but if one can not relive it or go back to it, it's redundant to the person. Also, even if one could go back and get the game, they would still have to obtain a PS3 to play them while an XB1 user wouldn't. If Sony implemented a archive list of past PS Plus games that you could trade the current ones in for, I would be so happy. That isn't going to happen because of certain reasons and I fully understand that. 

Some people may not have a lot of money to renew on a yearly, daily or monthly basis. Its weird, but that's how some people roll. Also, PS IGC acts like a library card for all games whilst GwG for XB360 doesn't. 

I think we've had different understandings about why we should talk about the past, I thought it was because whatever GwG is giving out, long time PS+ owners will have already but it seems that your main point is less a PS+/GwG comparison and more about X360 games becoming compatible with X1 while this is not the case for PS3/PS4.

PS+ is just €50 for a year though... That's €10-€20 less than a single day one AAA game these days. Of course what I'm saying now depends completely on your own opinion of the games given through PS+, but what you're getting is worth much more than that €50. Personally, if I look at all the PS+ games of this year I would have bought myself instead, I'm going over those €50 very far even if I am just looking at what I would have been willing to pay.

If I would have €50 to spend on games in a year, I'd rather pay for PS+ for a year than use those €50 to buy and download stuff myself.

Edited by BillyHorrible

I think we've had different understandings about why we should talk about the past, I thought it was because whatever GwG is giving out, long time PS+ owners will have already but it seems that your main point is less a PS+/GwG comparison and more about X360 games becoming compatible with X1 while this is not the case for PS3/PS4.

PS+ is just €50 for a year though... That's €10-€20 less than a single day one AAA game these days. Of course what I'm saying now depends completely on your own opinion of the games given through PS+, but what you're getting is worth much more than that €50. Personally, if I look at all the PS+ games of this year I would have bought myself instead, I'm going over those €50 very far even if I am just looking at what I would have been willing to pay.

If I would have €50 to spend on games in a year, I'd rather pay for PS+ for a year than use those €50 to buy and download stuff myself.

Go back and read my first post (page 5, the second bottom last one), I wasn't complaining about the quality or the service. I was just explaining to others why comparing GwG to PS IGC is pointless due to the reasons I gave. 

Then Val and Elvick came on some "These games are old rant, Xbox sucks!" for no reason. Nothing which my first post in this thread speaks about. 

I have no problem with the quality of games given out by Xbox and Playstation, they are going to have their highs and lows. 

• Like 1

I still say we need a $20 a year option for online access with no IGC.

Translating that to €15, I'd be fine with that if we also get an €40 / $45 option for only IGC and sales without being able to play online (and people wanting it all pay €5/$5 less overall so everyone should be satisfied, hopefully).

Edited by BillyHorrible