Vita's 5th anniversary (February 22nd): Let's celebrate with plats or 100% (EVENT FINISHED)

2 hours ago, mking_63 said:

I've got the last new trophy in Minecraft ready to pop on my Vita and then I'll have 100% again. That's assuming they don't release any new trophies in the next 5 days. 

Updated the status.

2 hours ago, mking_63 said:

So that's pretty much all the Vita games I've got that I want to play unless someone wants to play about 1000 games of online Tetris with me over the next 5 days. :awesome:

1000 games of Tetris? That's at least 900 rounds too much. xD 

• Like 1

On 2/2/2017 at 3:04 AM, VforVendita said:

Hi, I'd like to join the event. I have a lot of games I need to start/finish.

I'll be aiming for 5 platinum trophies, and have God Eater Resurrection ready for the day.

Not 100% sure what my other 4 games will be though. I'd really like to finish Atelier Meruru Plus and Grand Kingdom, but don't know if I'll have enough time for either one of them. I'll see how I'll go in the next few days.

Also, I might hold a small contest/giveaway on the day.

Quick update: Atelier Meruru Plus is ready. Just need to rest a day to see the final (Vita-exclusive) ending. The trophy name is appropriate.

Still aiming for 5 platinum trophies, so Grand Kingdom's gonna have to wait. Instead, I'll try to get Demetrios, Hitman GO, and one other game (I'm thinking maybe Psycho-Pass) ready for the day.

• Like 1

I'd like to add grim fandango remastered to my list. I'll have day of the tentacle ready to pop after my lunch break today so I'll be starting steins gate tonight. I'm off work on Sunday and Tuesday so I might add a couple more short games yet. See how I do with these first though.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, VforVendita said:

Quick update: Atelier Meruru Plus is ready. Just need to rest a day to see the final (Vita-exclusive) ending. The trophy name is appropriate.

Still aiming for 5 platinum trophies, so Grand Kingdom's gonna have to wait. Instead, I'll try to get Demetrios, Hitman GO, and one other game (I'm thinking maybe Psycho-Pass) ready for the day.

28 minutes ago, wolverine123 said:

I'd like to add grim fandango remastered to my list. I'll have day of the tentacle ready to pop after my lunch break today so I'll be starting steins gate tonight. I'm off work on Sunday and Tuesday so I might add a couple more short games yet. See how I do with these first though.

Congrats to both of you.

And good luck with the remaining games. Time could be a bit critical by now. 

after looking at what other people are playing, I saw someone else going for Lemmings Touch.  I thought, what the hell.  I'll have that one ready within the next day or so.  Just have 15 more levels left, and I'm keeping the trophy to buy 20 items for last.  I'll also try and do Three Fourths Home as well

• Like 1

Almost there. Just about done with my Lupin playthrough in Code Realize. I will pop the trophies on the afternoon of the 22nd. Hopefully, Amnesia's voice trophy gives me no grief (I had not planned on it being my last trophy, but I panicked when I didn't get the trophy for unlocking all images, due to a really stupid walkthrough on pst.org).

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Cool, another July 1st birthday. I'm 11 years older than you. :)

You sure about that? I'll have you know that Facebook claims I graduated from university in 1910 (about 50 prior to the university's founding). Facebook says it, so it has to be correct ;) It wasn't my doing, Facebook's algorithm just added that on its own and I sure as hell won't correct it.

I'm much older than you according to Facebook xD.

The 4th boss in Adventures of Mana has fallen.

Edited by viech54
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

And good luck with the remaining games. Time could be a bit critical by now. 

Eh, I work better under crunch time. xD

Just started playing Dragon Quest Builders and started the first chapter. Spending the time before I have to speed-run it gathering all the basic materials I need to rebuild Cantlin, although I may be overdoing it - I completely razed the ruins except for the building I need to rebuild for my first quest and I have over 800 blocks of Earth. :o:blush:

3 hours ago, viech54 said:

You sure about that? I'll have you know that Facebook claims I graduated from university in 1910 (about 50 prior to the university's founding). Facebook says it, so it has to be correct ;) It wasn't my doing, Facebook's algorithm just added that on its own and I sure as hell won't correct it.

I'm much older than you according to Facebook xD.

Not sure I get the joke... I'm just going by what's in your signature. :)

But yeah, it's on the internet so it must be true! 

Well, I just got gang-banged by Chimeras while standing around the dungeon I had just escaped from and found my character dead in the first chapter. OOPS! :facepalm:

Moral of the story: Just because time doesn't pass right now doesn't mean you can AFG without pausing - enemies love idiots who are slacking on a rock, easy prey for them. <_<

Edited by NebbyLunala

I've been binge-playing World of Final Fantasy for the past few days (I'm on sick leave and I'm pretty much spending all day long on the couch trying to bear the side effects of the many different pills I have to take every few hours) and I'm very disappointed by the story. I had high hopes for this game, being a FF fan since FFVI on PSOne but that game is slow, so very slow, so slow that it gets on my nerve when I have to navigate through all the different screens to get that one piece of info I need. I hope to get done with it soon for the event and put it back on my shelf and judt forget about it.

• Like 1

If anyone wants to know how I plan on getting Dragon Quest Builders platinum in four days, go check out this playlist! It has guides for completing the "Clear Chapter in XX days" challenges.

CVSPPF's Dragon Quest Builders playlist

2 hours ago, Myu said:

I've been binge-playing World of Final Fantasy for the past few days (I'm on sick leave and I'm pretty much spending all day long on the couch trying to bear the side effects of the many different pills I have to take every few hours) and I'm very disappointed by the story. I had high hopes for this game, being a FF fan since FFVI on PSOne but that game is slow, so very slow, so slow that it gets on my nerve when I have to navigate through all the different screens to get that one piece of info I need. I hope to get done with it soon for the event and put it back on my shelf and just forget about it.

The Vita version of the game is a watered-down inferior product of the PS4 version, and made worse by the added little scene that put in when you start battle showing a blank background. I think they needed to cut that out. All in all, if you want to platinum World of Final Fantasy, you should do the PS4 version. (Says the guide who shoved it on his Backlog list for March. <_<)

Also, get well soon? I know how it is to feel miserable. I've had a lot of nasty sinus conditions recently and they hurt. :(

I'll add playstation all-stars battle royale to my list. Finally got the this is living trophy that I've been trying for for ages on and off. So just got a few arcade runs to finish up now that only take about 30 mins each. Played steins gate for a few hours tonight, it's the first vn game I've tried, I don't think they're for me. 

• Like 1

Managed to turn a shitty 8 hour bus ride into alot of progress in AC Liberation today. Got the rest of the story completed, 100%ed all of the missions, got the true ending and managed to get all of the Assassin Persona collectibles in about 5 hours! Now all that's left is a few collectibles and some grinding for random kills and climbing, so this should be ready to pop by the end of the weekend :)

Amnesia on the other hand might take some work, still have a good dozen + endings to get between now and wednesday and I'm not sure how long that'll take. It's been an alright experience so far but it certainly hasn't sold me on the idea of playing alot of VN's in the future, we'll see how I feel about it on the 22nd though, maybe Ikki's eyes will hypnotize me into liking them or something :P

• Like 1

Small update: please include Monsterbag and The Swapper on my "ready to pop" list.

I'm a bit surprised about myself - I didn't expected to complete that plenty of games :blink: (even majority of them are relatively quick and easy... :giggle:). I could suggest anyone complete some quick-and-easy games also, if you have some time left... :lol:

• Like 1

Mini-update(I know you really are getting to hate those :P):

2017-02-17-232709.jpg

Completed the first challenge in Cantlin with only a day to spare. I admit I was raping the lands for materials instead of sticking to the game plan. I can't afford to do that in future chapters - the next one is a serious time crunch due to the fact that you have to cure people to advance the story and each stage of their illness takes a day to cure. Also, it's Status Condition City so I can't afford to be reckless like I was with the Golem (who smashed half of the city after his goons managed to break through my steel blockade because I left some blocks for them to climb. Luckily, the next chapter has ladders I can use and they can't because I can't afford to build a nice tall wall like last time as the clock will start immediately after I begin the chapter).

Now if you excuse me, I need to fight some dragons. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jasondm300 said:

after looking at what other people are playing, I saw someone else going for Lemmings Touch.  I thought, what the hell.  I'll have that one ready within the next day or so.  Just have 15 more levels left, and I'm keeping the trophy to buy 20 items for last.  I'll also try and do Three Fourths Home as well

Added the games to your list.

10 hours ago, Myu said:

I've been binge-playing World of Final Fantasy for the past few days (I'm on sick leave and I'm pretty much spending all day long on the couch trying to bear the side effects of the many different pills I have to take every few hours) and I'm very disappointed by the story. I had high hopes for this game, being a FF fan since FFVI on PSOne but that game is slow, so very slow, so slow that it gets on my nerve when I have to navigate through all the different screens to get that one piece of info I need. I hope to get done with it soon for the event and put it back on my shelf and judt forget about it.

I was already a bit disappointed by playing the demo. Hope the game will become a bit better as you progress. And I hope you get well soon! :)

6 hours ago, wolverine123 said:

I'll add playstation all-stars battle royale to my list. Finally got the this is living trophy that I've been trying for for ages on and off. So just got a few arcade runs to finish up now that only take about 30 mins each. Played steins gate for a few hours tonight, it's the first vn game I've tried, I don't think they're for me. 

Added PSABR to your list. Sad to hear about Steins;Gate but I can understand that VNs aren't of interest to everyone.

6 hours ago, Ratchet2425 said:

Managed to turn a shitty 8 hour bus ride into alot of progress in AC Liberation today. Got the rest of the story completed, 100%ed all of the missions, got the true ending and managed to get all of the Assassin Persona collectibles in about 5 hours! Now all that's left is a few collectibles and some grinding for random kills and climbing, so this should be ready to pop by the end of the weekend :)

Amnesia on the other hand might take some work, still have a good dozen + endings to get between now and wednesday and I'm not sure how long that'll take. It's been an alright experience so far but it certainly hasn't sold me on the idea of playing alot of VN's in the future, we'll see how I feel about it on the 22nd though, maybe Ikki's eyes will hypnotize me into liking them or something :P

Nice progress. And I don't think Ikki has the power to convince anyone. :D 

3 hours ago, JoaoQuique said:

Small update: please include Monsterbag and The Swapper on my "ready to pop" list.

I'm a bit surprised about myself - I didn't expected to complete that plenty of games :blink: (even majority of them are relatively quick and easy... :giggle:). I could suggest anyone complete some quick-and-easy games also, if you have some time left... :lol:

Updated your list. Seems like you are on a roll. xD  

1 hour ago, NebbyLunala said:

Mini-update(I know you really are getting to hate those :P):

Nah, it's totally fine if people post their ingame progress. There's no rule forbidding them. :P

1 hour ago, Rach said:

I should be able to get finished up with preparing Ray Gigant over the weekend.  

As for moving, we're heading off on 21st February but we know where we're staying our first night so hopefully will be able to connect to wi-fi after midnight on the 22nd and pop the platinum :)

Nice to hear that you are readying up for the move. And like I already said:
It's no problem if you can't sync due to the circumstances. 

17 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Almost there. Just about done with my Lupin playthrough in Code Realize. I will pop the trophies on the afternoon of the 22nd. Hopefully, Amnesia's voice trophy gives me no grief (I had not planned on it being my last trophy, but I panicked when I didn't get the trophy for unlocking all images, due to a really stupid walkthrough on pst.org).

You mean the "Memories of"-trophies? They are kinda bugged. I also had thought that they glitch on me as I didn't get them at first. Then I decided to exit the game and restart it and then they all popped in an instant. :| 

11 minutes ago, SNACH2497 said:

I love the Vita, play it more than the rest so I'd like to join. I'll save my Zombie Tycoon 2 platinum for the Vita's birthday. 

Welcome. Added you to the list. :)

And now I have to edit the OP again. :shakefist::P  

Thank you for your kind words, @NebbyLunala @Crimson Idol :)

Unfortunately, I don't own a PS4 yet (I'm considering buying one next month, even though I'm not finished with my PS3) but I've seen screenshots of WOFF's PS4 version all over the place while looking for quests / items / etc and the Vita really can't compete with the PS4 with this game.

I always choose Vita version above all else because motion sickness is never really that bad with it (except for Katamari, that thing doesn't like me, even on a smaller screen). I couldn't play SAO on a big screen for example, same thing with Musou-type games so it's probably the first time I think buying it on Vita was a mistake.

This has nothing to do with what I just wrote but I like reading people's updates, it keeps the event alive :D

• Like 1

Well, I seem to be having some trouble getting some trophies in Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters.  Namely the ones for playing hypernatural and the confession ones.  I can't seem to win a hypernatural match to save my life, but everyone else is way better, so the ghosts aren't winning either.  Also can't seem to get someone's relationship high enough for a confession and the information on this is so lacking and it seems people don't even get how the system works.

If anyone has played this game and can give tips, I'd appreciate it.  But at this point, it's looking like the plat is a no go in time for the 22nd because of these trophies.  I'll get it eventually, but RNG isn't in my favor right now.