Feedback Trophy Milestones

fisty123

Ok, I'm really sorry for being kinda off-topic, but since you're discussing milestones, I figured I could ask you, and if someone knows the answer, that would be really awesome.

Is there a reason behind a milestone 1337th trophy? 500th and 1000th I can understand. but 1337th looks odd.

Again, sorry for off-top :S

12 minutes ago, Nope said:

Ok, I'm really sorry for being kinda off-topic, but since you're discussing milestones, I figured I could ask you, and if someone knows the answer, that would be really awesome.

Is there a reason behind a milestone 1337th trophy? 500th and 1000th I can understand. but 1337th looks odd.

Again, sorry for off-top :S

its internet slang. 1337 = leet = elite

• Like 1

On 12/11/2016 at 8:27 AM, poopooblast said:

On 12/11/2016 at 8:27 AM, poopooblast said:

Since I am a  newbie at trophy hunting my milestones didn't change but however, my first trophy has a missing timestamp after the site update.

Off The Boat First Trophy
NO TIMESTAMP

I looked at your trophy cabinet once, after we talked about something once upon a time.  Don't know if you recognize my name... But I can tell you with 100% certainty you had this missing timestamp before the update too.  Be happy it really doesn't affect you, since its your only one missing and it would be accurate since its your first one you would have gotten anyway as GTA IV was your first game and this is the first trophy you get in it.

Edited by B1rvine
New Update issues cause double quote and its impossible to delete for some weird reason.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, B1rvine said:

I looked at your trophy cabinet once, after we talked about something once upon a time.  Don't know if you recognize my name... But I can tell you with 100% certainty you had this missing timestamp before the update too.  Be happy it really doesn't affect you, since its your only one missing and it would be accurate since its your first one you would have gotten anyway as GTA IV was your first game and this is the first trophy you get in it.

Oh yea I do! I think it was under the "what does the above person's trophy cabinet says about them."

Anyways thank you very much for confirming that it's just my memory being fuzzy and that it wasn't an actual issue :D

3 hours ago, Lo_Strigo said:

Lot of people complaining about the new milestone and i am one of  them. No word from the site administrator or whoever is in charge?

I do recall reading a post last week that Sly likes the new milestone system and many can not see it changing. I am not sure how much truth is behind these comments.
A lot of newer or casual gamers like the early milestones so I say merge them together. Have two sections showing one for plats and one for total trophies. show the latest 5 or so milestones in each section but then an expand option that will display them all. This way the milestones for big trophy hunters does not go on and on unless you click view all.

This is only one method, personally I want the old milestones back but I would be happy with something like this with both systems joined. Not really a fan of once you hit 10,000 trophies it becomes 15,000 before you get your next milestone trophy.

• Like 1

I actually like the current milestone system we have now EXCEPT for the part when you hit 10k you need 5k more for the next milestone. 1k is already a lot but 5k is just overkill.

I too am planning my milestones beforehand and would really appreciate a response from the staff if the current system will stay as is or if it will be changed. It would really bug me if they DO change things and throw over my chronological milestone order. XP

I'm not too bothered by the fact that old milestones which used to be replaced have appeared again. I can understand the frustration of those who didn't bother planning them whereas they planned the others, though.

I'm not fond of the milestones becoming every 5000 trophies after 10000 though - you basically have to get half of your entire collection just to get a new milestone, and that'd probably take most people a year or two (or longer). It's way too spread out, imo

7 hours ago, madbuk said:

I'm not fond of the milestones becoming every 5000 trophies after 10000 though - you basically have to get half of your entire collection just to get a new milestone, and that'd probably take most people a year or two (or longer). It's way too spread out, imo

There's so much space too, under the milestones box.

I mean, with all the games you have to play to get all those trophies, your profile page becomes super long, so there's lots of space for milestones...

I still think that the 69th platinum and 8008 trophy should be milestones. Along with the 1337 milestone, they are the only ones that I really want to see. A 1,618 trophy milestone would be nice too. One might even call it golden.

I agree with the others about keeping up the milestones every 1000 trophies after 10k. The lower milestones don't really have a reason to be there or to not be there, so I have no strong feeling about them one way or the other.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to agree with the others. It's not a problem for me right now, but I think there should be a milestone for every 1000 trophies. I would assume the people who have the most trophies are also the ones who are most into trophy hunting, so it doesn't seem to make sense to reduce their ability to obtain milestones.

I also like the idea of having separate lists for platinum and trophy milestones. That would clean things up nicely.

Less important to me are the ability to choose your own milestones and the nonsense numbered trophies, but maybe you could combine those ideas. For example, if you added a third list of milestones (for nonsense trophies, as suggested), you could then allow the user to choose which numbered trophies to add. I guess that's a bit like the trophy cabinet, though. At the very least, it does seem a little unusual that 1337 is the only nonsense trophy out there.

• 3 weeks later...

Kind of funny reading this thread and seeing that no one really likes it the new way, so why was it even changed?

I'd love to be able to just customize my own, if I'm getting screwed out of all the 1,000's past 10k that I've set up.  Seems really illogical to front-load something like this when tons of people are wayyyy past being able to set any of these milestones up.

• Like 1