CybersoldierNY

Episode 5 freezes

68 posts in this topic

Had anyone else had, episode 5 freeze up, it happened to me three time and it's at the point when I'm trying to find Alfred and head to the map

Edited by CybersoldierNY
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's worked for me just fine. Got the plat already too. I'm in the U.S., west coast if that helps. You should probably try deleting and then reinstalling the game. If you haven't made it too far in chapter 5, I'd recommend you also go back to a previous sale file.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, CybersoldierNY said:

Had anyone else had, episode 5 freeze up, it happened to me three time and it's at the point when I'm trying to find Alfred and head to the map

You are not alone my friend. I have same problem.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am trying to play this game right now and boy, game's broken as balls. It's Telltale though who would expect anything less from them?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It crashed on me once in the kitchen in the Asylum. It pissed me off. Telltale shouldn't have released it yet. Sick of this shit.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought this game was supposed to use a new engine or something. It's kind of ridiculous how Telltale continue to make broken and buggy games. It's not like they're strapped for cash these days and they've known about these issues for years now. Enough is enough, FIX YOUR DAMN ENGINE! :angry:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I thought this game was supposed to use a new engine or something. It's kind of ridiculous how Telltale continue to make broken and buggy games. It's not like they're strapped for cash these days and they've known about these issues for years now. Enough is enough, FIX YOUR DAMN ENGINE! :angry:

It probably has to do with rushing the game. Telltale released this episode way too early.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, electoblaze said:

It's worked for me just fine. Got the plat already too. I'm in the U.S., west coast if that helps. You should probably try deleting and then reinstalling the game. If you haven't made it too far in chapter 5, I'd recommend you also go back to a previous sale file.

Yeah I tried deleting it and reinstalling the game, and still got the same issue. Send an email to telltale, hopefully they will have a patch out soon.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine crashed three times in episode 3 but managed to get it finished but can't get past Batman and Lucius at map in Batcave on episode 5 so stuck on 84% with everyone else until it's patched.

 

I read that PS4 version can be completed but still crashes a lot.

Edited by ZACHSP8
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I got the plat with no freezing but in a fight sequence against 4 enemies one was just a pair of lips, teeth and eyeballs. Very strange glitches in this one. Although I remember in a walking dead game the full train disappearing so I guess there should be no surprise.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, serialkilla1987 said:

Well I got the plat with no freezing but in a fight sequence against 4 enemies one was just a pair of lips, teeth and eyeballs. Very strange glitches in this one. Although I remember in a walking dead game the full train disappearing so I guess there should be no surprise.

Yah that happened to me too. I tazed a Pair of eyeballs and lips 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, I've got the exact same issue on PS3. I finished the PS4 version just fine, (I did have the eye/lip bug though) but the PS3 freezes at the map when you walk over with Lucius. It's amazing to me that Telltale releases these games for phones,but can't even get them to run properly on a console. I know playing their games on Vita was a nightmare, I can't imagine what it's like on phones.

I sent them a support email, only to be told some nonsense about restarting the system when you get performance drops; no acknowledgement of my actual issue.

I really love Telltale games, it is such a shame they can't seem to make their simple games run smoothly.

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello! i'm having the same problem here as well, ps3 version. Im trying to reinstall, lets see..

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reinstalling didn't fix the problem when I tried it. Froze at the same spot. I just hope the fix isn't starting all the chapters again...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've emailed Telltale with the freezing issue on PS3. Hope they come out with a fix soon.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Likewise with the freeze issue for PS3, tried restarting and it just keeps freezing. Shame as I was hoping to get the plat today.

 

Looking at he 100% club it looks like this is an issue for predominantly PS3 users.

Edited by XShadowYakuzaX
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you think guys ? A patch will release or something ? This a general problem.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Platinum is just not obtainable on PS3 right now, because the Mayor glitch in Chapter 4 wit Lucius and Bruce in the Batcave looking on the map.

And this episodes frame drop is dramatic.

Also no sound from the bike and batmobile.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GOZ_35 said:

What do you think guys ? A patch will release or something ? This a general problem.

With the amount of issue with this episode i see a patch. The question is going to be how long until one comes out. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TastyEmpire said:

Yep, I've got the exact same issue on PS3. I finished the PS4 version just fine, (I did have the eye/lip bug though) but the PS3 freezes at the map when you walk over with Lucius. It's amazing to me that Telltale releases these games for phones,but can't even get them to run properly on a console. I know playing their games on Vita was a nightmare, I can't imagine what it's like on phones.

I sent them a support email, only to be told some nonsense about restarting the system when you get performance drops; no acknowledgement of my actual issue.

I really love Telltale games, it is such a shame they can't seem to make their simple games run smoothly.

 

I know what you mean I got the similar message from telltale;but how can you tell the performance is dropping when there is not that much going on, from wearing the bat mask to walk towards the map. To make it worst no way to manual save or go back within the episode to replay certain part of the episode like there older games.

3 hours ago, XShadowYakuzaX said:

Shame as I was hoping to get the plat today.

 

Same here man, I never had this issue with a telltale game, maybe some SFX sound loss and some minor frame drops but not like what happen with Batman episode 5

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had an issue with the game freezing followed by the game crashing once near the end of the 4th episode. Had the exact same thing happen twice within the span of about 5-10 minutes in episode 5, once in the kitchen in the asylum, and then again during the QTE sequence near the end. I've had a lot of other games freeze and crash on me on PS4 before, but this is the first game that seems to completely freeze up my PS4, can't access the dashboard or anything, I just have to wait a few seconds for the screen to go black, and then have the PS4 tell me the game has stopped working, followed by what seems to be a soft reset of the system.

I also experienced a glitch with one of the characters being invisible aside from his eyeballs and jaw in the asylum kitchen scene, both before and after the game crashed. Was pretty funny, but it also broke the immersion.

I've always had issues with Telltale games though, so it comes as no surprise this game is buggy, I only hope they patch it.

Edited by SuperSmexy500
Typo
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same issue here on the map with Lucious and Bruce. In the PS4 version options appear for you to narrow down the location but on the PS3 version they just stand and look at it with no options popping up! You can't continue until you pick all the options.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.