Pick The Plat You Are Jealous of.

snakebit10

Not much to choose from, but if I HAD to pick one......

Just kidding, looking through the Plats made me feel like a kid in a candy shop  :giggle:

I'll take a left field choice here and go with Where the Wild Things Are. A game that likes to fly under everyone's radar, but I'm curious about playing it...somehow  :ninja:

• Like 1

Not much to choose from, but if I HAD to pick one......

Just kidding, looking through the Plats made me feel like a kid in a candy shop  :giggle:

I'll take a left field choice here and go with Where the Wild Things Are. A game that likes to fly under everyone's radar, but I'm curious about playing it...somehow  :ninja:

Thanks, also you should check out Wild Things. It is a really great game, Here is my review of it.

After Killing Machine I wanted to do a fun and fast platinum to get myself back in trophy hunting mode. Well I found this game for a dollar at my local library and seeing as I am a HUGE fan of both the book and movie I thought "what the hell." So what are my thoughts on the game?

Can someone tell Warner Bros that no one expects anything out of a movie license game. I mean games like Fight Club and Catwoman...that is what people expect out of a licensed titled. No what WB gives us is a really fun platformer with excellent voice acting and a completely original story :o. Seriously at first I was skipping the cut scenes because I assume they were just going to copy the movie and I would rather just watch the movie (with those brilliant costumes) but then they introduced the oil monsters and I realized I was getting original content. I actually went back and rewatched all the scenes I skipped because the story was that damn good.

Now if that wasn't enough they actually put effort into the game as well. Interesting power-ups (the wings, the floating flower, the ability to throw water on electric type enemies to kill them). The boat and race levels were fun and changed up the gameplay a little. Collectables that actually did something (in game cheats) as opposed to stupid concept art or in the case of Kung Fu Panda 2...nothing at all. Beautiful landscapes (that last level was incredible) and once again A GREAT FUCKING STORY. Not to spoil anything but the scene where the bull decides to stay on the island destined to his fate or when Alex sits in Max's room with the world crumbling around them are such beautiful scenes. As someone who can relate to a lot of what Max goes through as a kid this story really touched me and I feel for both Movie and Game Max and understand his pain.

So anyways what started off as an easy plat #121 turned out to be a great experience. Sure the combat could have used a little work but it was functional for what it was and having the Wild Things yell at you while you were battling enemies got a little annoying after awhile but other than that a solid B+ title.

The shame is that all the effort went into a movie-tie in game that no one is going to buy because the movie wasn't that popular. A shame really :(

Anyways as for Akittaja I love your Far Cry platinum. The 3rd one is in my top 10 ps3 games and I would like to try out the original

Demon's Souls. So hard :(

Not once you realise defense stats are pretty much worthless, becaue even the weakest enemy can do a crapload of damage very quickly ;) . So stick with light armor (heavy armor only slows you down) and time your dodge, the trick is to not get hit B) .

I'm jelly of your Ni No Kuni plat, that one has been on my backlog for quite a while now.