Possibility of other Classic COD Titles Being Remastered

So I thought I'd start this post to ask you guys what you think is the possibility of other CODs getting this treatment. This coming installment will be made by Sledgehammer who doesn't have any other names under its belt besides AW and there definitely will not be a remaster for that. However it's Treyarch's turn in 2018, do you think they'll be doing a BO1 remaster? Or when Infinity Ward gets their next go perhaps a MW2, followed by a MW3 remaster? Let me know what you think.

I could see it happening. It brought in a ton of extra pre orders for not much extra work. It didn't seem to hurt the player base of the others too much. I guess it's hard to say without seeing the hard numbers that were affected by it.

I myself would love to see it. I loved World at War and Modern Warfare 2, probably my two favorites in the series.

• Like 1

How sad that CoD used to get shit for being shit, and now gets so much shit for being shit that the best part of this shit is the re-release.

He said, after platinuming MW Remastered in a couple of days, and literally leaving IW after about 10 minutes.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

How sad that CoD used to get shit for being shit, and now gets so much shit for being shit that the best part of this shit is the re-release.

He said, after platinuming MW Remastered in a couple of days, and literally leaving IW after about 10 minutes.

LOL what?

Remasters of older COD games would be great (would really like World at War), but to be honest I doubt it. With the increasing backlash of futuristic CODs, the devs will more than likely return to a boots on the ground game, and I don't see the point in releasing two of them at the same time like Infinite Warfare and Modern Warfare Remastered did.

12 hours ago, Crazy said:

Remasters of older COD games would be great (would really like World at War), but to be honest I doubt it. With the increasing backlash of futuristic CODs, the devs will more than likely return to a boots on the ground game, and I don't see the point in releasing two of them at the same time like Infinite Warfare and Modern Warfare Remastered did.

True, the only reason Modern Warfare was remastered was to sell Infinite Warfare. 

Call me old fashioned, but if they decide to remaster the older COD's I wish they would just get a better resolution and framerate. Probably some better textures as well. I don't want World at War or Black Ops to feel like a new COD with an old skin. One of the reasons I haven't bought bought MW remastered is because I don't like how the guns handle. Being a quite seasoned COD 4 player i had sniping with the M40A3 and Barret .50 cal down to a science. The way the new sights looks and handles feels...off. 

I wouldn't want the same thing happening to other possible remasters in the franchise, although I realise I'm probably in the minority. 

1 minute ago, Intresseklubben said:

Call me old fashioned, but if they decide to remaster the older COD's I wish they would just get a better resolution and framerate. Probably some better textures as well. I don't want World at War or Black Ops to feel like a new COD with an old skin. One of the reasons I haven't bought bought MW remastered is because I don't like how the guns handle. Being a quite seasoned COD 4 player i had sniping with the M40A3 and Barret .50 cal down to a science. The way the new sights looks and handles feels...off. 

I wouldn't want the same thing happening to other possible remasters in the franchise, although I realise I'm probably in the minority. 

LOL dude you do realize that it's the exact same game with new graphics and frame rate right (well, excluding Activision's supply drops in the MP)? I don't see how those two things can be a bad thing.

19 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

No, please no. I don't have enough money to buy another time game for 99$ just to get a single usable code for Remastered version...

LOL IW's Legacy Edition is $80, but I get your point. Personally I'm still invested in future CODs' campaigns which is why I was perfectly fine getting two games for $80. Problem is I wanted to sell one, if not both when I'm done with them. Can't do that without missing out on the value of MWR -_-

20 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

LOL dude you do realize that it's the exact same game with new graphics and frame rate right (well, excluding Activision's supply drops in the MP)? I don't see how those two things can be a bad thing.

I know I'm nitpicking, but the sniper scopes look and play different than they did back in 2007. The only reason I'm bringing this up is that I used to snipe a lot back in the day and a minor change to a casual observer seems really drastic for me.

Don't get me wrong, the changes are not necessarily bad, i'm just grumpy about change lol.

1 minute ago, Intresseklubben said:

I know I'm nitpicking, but the sniper scopes look and play different than they did back in 2007. The only reason I'm bringing this up is that I used to snipe a lot back in the day and a minor change to a casual observer seems really drastic for me.

Don't get me wrong, the changes are not necessarily bad, i'm just grumpy about change lol.

Well we all have to adapt don't we?

15 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

LOL IW's Legacy Edition is $80, but I get your point. Personally I'm still invested in future CODs' campaigns which is why I was perfectly fine getting two games for $80. Problem is I wanted to sell one, if not both when I'm done with them. Can't do that without missing out on the value of MWR -_-

I live in Poland and even 80$ is basically very high price. For me as a student I would have to work FOUR DAYS in MCDonald for this game...

7 hours ago, HaserPL said:

I live in Poland and even 80$ is basically very high price. For me as a student I would have to work FOUR DAYS in MCDonald for this game...

Good God your wages must suck, but like I said, I get your point.

7 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Isn't every COD game a remaster of the previous COD game?

Zing!

Um, no.

5 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Good God your wages must suck, but like I said, I get your point.

Um, no.

1$ costs 4.08 zł (zł is polish currency). Minimal wage in Poland is 1800zł - 450$. Yes. It's so bad. But you know, In Poland regular stuff is cheap, so for one person it's possible to pay the rent, food, bills and gas for your car. Only games are and consoles are expensive in Poland. PS4 Pro right now costs about 1600 zł. 

• Like 1