Is Grounded Really That Easy?

ratchet404

1 minute ago, KURORAIDEN- said:

Don't get fooled by %'s, look at MG Rising VR DLC, it has similar % but the reality is that is actually harder than the main game vr missions.

oh really? ahhh i was unaware of that, i always went by the higher the % the easier it was to achieve and then i have just seen the grounded mode one and was completely thrown off ahah.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, damon8r351 said:

"Ownership" of a DLC on here doesn't register until you earn at least 1 trophy for it. Being that the only trophy you can earn first to register ownership is completing Grounded Mode, that's why the percentage is what it is.

that's make sense 

thanks

1 minute ago, damon8r351 said:

"Ownership" of a DLC on here doesn't register until you earn at least 1 trophy for it. Being that the only trophy you can earn first to register ownership is completing Grounded Mode, that's why the percentage is what it is.

This would make complete sense. i didn't even think about that, thanks for that info man :D 

• Like 1

There is an easy way to do it, using a glitch. I did it a few weeks ago.

What you do is finish the game on any difficulty, then finish the game on Easy+ (and make sure you save ammo on each stage) and then you load your easy+save, quit to main screen and use chapter select.

The game will then let you choose grounded difficulty for each chapter.

So what you do then is play the game in reverse, using chapter select (But leaving final chapter for last, as it registers the trophy). By doing so you will have all weapons from your previous save (easy+) so you will have plenty of ammo to go through each level on grounded.

When you finish all levels and sublevels on Grounded difficulty and then play the last chapter you will get the trophies.

(Make sure you save after you finish each sublevel on grounded)

By doing so you will get grounded and grounded+ trophies in one go.

Edited by mitsmarg

2 hours ago, damon8r351 said:

Why is it not 100%?

11 hours ago, skateak said:

That is true but it is better than having a ton of Ultra Rares that aren't difficult whatsoever.

Every other DLC trophy is common (as it stands now) or ultra rare (old) - there's no way to win. Thus I prefer the original calculation, though I won't be against having a different tier for DLC altogether that doesn't penalize your average rarity.

Edited by jaehyun1009

no it isn't, hunters and fireflies can easily outsmart you during gunfights and during their searching routine they'll change their directions a lot ( meaning you won't see the same guard search the same place in the same time twice ) also you'll get killed in one or two hits, clickers awareness is a bit too high in grounded, bullets and arrows are almost non existing, though surprisingly dead enemies drop 1 or 2 bullets more than they did in survival mode, scavenging parts are so low and some of them been replaced with useless stuff or they changed their locations, no Hud....

sure at some points you cannot advance unless you got rid of the enemies guarding the said areas, but seriously! stealth is your best friend, some other areas you can just walk past it without even attacking or alerting the enemies.

TLoU isn't as bad on Grounded Mode as many say. You can make all the parts with infected really easy if you aim while walking. Doing this will make Joel walk at a slow pace which is quiet enough that the infected can't hear you even if you walk right past them.

The hard parts are the encounters with humans. For these, you will want to go very slowly and carefully, staying in stealth for as long as possible or avoiding the fight entirely if possible. Many fights can be completely avoided if you make it to the next checkpoint. There are very few fights that have to be completed to progress, and in each of these there is usually somewhere or other which offers you the best tactical advantage or which exploits the AI (making them run in circles or something like that). 

On 23.1.2017 at 6:49 AM, jaehyun1009 said:

this is why DLC rarity sucks

On 23.1.2017 at 7:11 AM, skateak said:

That is true but it is better than having a ton of Ultra Rares that aren't difficult whatsoever.

I often agree with what you are saying and I'm aware this is a topic where opinions differ but it is exactly the other way round.

Two easy reasons:

1. The Sony reason. If in doubt, this site usually follows Sony's MO, like e.g. what is considered illegitimate when earning trophies. Sony does calculate the rarity the other way.

2. The logical reason. It is what "ultra rare" means. Rarity =/= difficulty. There are many non-difficult trophies from main games that are (ultra) rare. And if the DLC trophies are rare also because fewer people own it this is the definition of being rare.

Edited by fastflowdaman
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I just finished 1st Grounded Mode Playthrough. And it turned out to be not as hard as I thought it would. I rarely used guns, prefered stealth mode regardless of who I had to deal with: dead or alive; used mostly bricked, bottles, pipes and fists where I had to fight. The reason being, I wanted to save ammo for the last Hospital sequence, but as it turned out, I only needed a smoke bomb and a brick (or a bottle) for that. :D Overall, you just need to be patient and figure out the best strategy to beat a certain level. Just like a puzzle. All in all, it was a fun journey.

Edited by theomgkitteh

i havent got around to grounded or survivor mode yet - i am going through hard+ on a second playthrough to clean up remaining upgrade trophies.

for survivor and grounded i understand that the sensing/listening ability is disabled, so i am wondering how the heck can i pass these difficulties as i relied so much on these during my play. i mean, it could be quiet and then when you move or even tiptoe you will probably die and have to start over again! for example in the shopping centre that has two floors with all those bad guys.

Some players find grounded hard, but the key is sneaking. Myself didnt have any problems with grounded mode at all. I would rate it a 4/10(my opinion) and i started Last of us on grounded right away on ps3 and ps4, did also collectibles at the same time, exept one of the versions i missed few collectibles on grounded :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 26/02/2017 at 9:43 AM, rockstarjazz said:

i havent got around to grounded or survivor mode yet - i am going through hard+ on a second playthrough to clean up remaining upgrade trophies.

for survivor and grounded i understand that the sensing/listening ability is disabled, so i am wondering how the heck can i pass these difficulties as i relied so much on these during my play. i mean, it could be quiet and then when you move or even tiptoe you will probably die and have to start over again! for example in the shopping centre that has two floors with all those bad guys.

Shopping centre? I thought that was the hotel? That is the only part I remember loaded with humans patrolling each room. As I remember looking at the awful carpet for so long. As well as luring one or two down some stairs.