Gravity Rush 2 may have sold under 5,000 copies in the UK (Physical)

FlareXV

Just now, Mar said:

Where are the sources for these "claimed" good and rave reviews? From what Ive seen, the game barely scored 8s in places. And then theres the metacritic score.... And theres still complaints about the camera, new stealth mechanics (sigh), the poor storyline and storytelling (and conclusion?), and just as if not more meaningless side quest.

Since when was 8 a bad score? That's 80%...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Since when did I say "bad"? For a series like Gravity Rush, with all of its potential, it should be a higher selling franchise. Eighty isnt THAT good either, especially for the type of game GR is. Inside, an indie, with less content, scored higher.) But then again, the score kind of does make sense. Would people say GR is the better character-action, openworld story driven game series than inFAMOUS (1, 2), for example, or do people really-actually feel GR and GR2 is the better dual series?

Meanwhile, Uncharted games get 10/10 because (theyre Uncharted and from Naughty Dog) because of narrative, despite not being a game that focuses solely on narrative as interactive movie games actually do, thus minimally Uncharted should be scoring 9s at best, since the gameplay is never amazing or as good as the narrative.

Edited by Mar

28 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

I'm waiting for all content to be released and included together like I do with all games. 

I know the first story dlc is going to be free (because of the delay) but it LITERALLY was cut from the game to be sold separately. We're just lucky they decided to give it away. 

Are they even making any more content besides the DLC that is going to be free? I haven't heard about that.

Normally I would agree with you, but I don't consider that to be cut content. I mean it's a side story and you don't even play as Kat. It's not like they just ripped out a chapter that was intended to be a part of the main game. Besides, the game has been done for a while. The game was delayed so they could release it outside of the busy holiday period and hopefully give it a better chance. They have likely been working on the DLC since then. I think giving it away for free was a good gesture. They certainly didn't have to do that.

• Like 1

I think the main problem with this is due to the timing of release as not a lot of people have got extra money to be spending on games due to Christmas and the holiday break. I'm sure if they had held back a month and released it in February it would of sold better :)

15 hours ago, madbuk said:

To be fair, he didn't say it was "bad" (just not "good").

Getting back on topic, one problem is that GR was a Vita title. I know they released it later, but it made its bones on the Vita. It's hard to expect that GR2 would make a great jump to console.

Personally I'm happy about this, the game is a major step down from Gravity Rush Remastered. To go from 60fps to 30fps in a game that's all about physics and fast-paced combat where even 60fps is inadequate at times, that's just a terrible decision.

When I read that this wouldn't come to Vita (which is understandable, that would only hold it back), I had high hopes that they would focus on better performance. Oh well.

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

75,000 sold in Japan. http://gamingbolt.com/gravity-rush-2-and-ps4-top-sales-charts-in-japan-in-latest-media-create-report

Seems like these numbers for only the physical copies in the UK are only telling a tiny, tiny fraction of the big picture...

Well, that is definitely not bad. If it comes to 100k overall sales, it will be considered success.

Cute sells =D Well, Japan has taste, everyone knows that :awesome:

16 hours ago, Mar said:

Since when did I say "bad"? For a series like Gravity Rush, with all of its potential, it should be a higher selling franchise. Eighty isnt THAT good either, especially for the type of game GR is.

Weeb game => -20% by default, if it got 80, it means it's pretty much 10.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Weeb game => -20% by default, if it got 80, it means it's pretty much 10.

So what does weeb game mean (seen that a few times now)? So wait, is this similar to that logic on why Dragon Ball and Sonic games never score 90s/9 or 100s/10s either? Honestly, despite the rating of some of those games in those franchises, some have been worthy of above 80 metacritic scores (excluding Racing Transformed as it's somehow the only recent Sonic console game to have scored in the 80 range since the older games on DC, even surpassing Colors and Generations in ratings). But if Gravity Rush really has the issues most people are complaining about then it does deserve it score and is no way a 10/10. Can't just irrationally rate games high because they have the potential to better franchise and higher selling franchise, is a very unique IP, or because you love it.

1 hour ago, LunchCannon54 said:

Did anyone honestly expect this game to sell well, though? I mean I love the series but it's more of a cult hit than anything else, if that. 

There's comments like these and others similar to it. So, anyone well informed on the series shouldn't have expected it to sell great, but it was generally ok to at least think it'd sell reasonably well ENOUGH, even with the poor'ish Remastered sales. I don't agree with the petty Vita remarks (if it was on Vita, it would have sold more, and every other Vita comment, especially since the PS4 version would have been held back by a Vita counterpart, like many games have been like in the past, and this is supported by some developers having outright admitted to this when they'e made games on both systems or cancelled one on the system because of it -- I think think of an example with one cancelled Xbox version of a multiplat game, a multiplat game cancelled for PS3, and so fourth - Dying Light, Dragon Ball Xenoverse  1 [with Part 2 showing some technical enhancements that last gen couldn't handle], Never Alone if I recall correctly, even Gravity Rush 2 actually, and there are plenty of other games but I just have short term memory). And then I mean, you see clear technical issues and drawbacks for games on both generation of systems with the former gen always performing and looking weaker (Breath of the Wild, and many many other games)... like cmon now.

Overall Vita could have increased sales slightly, but not enough to praise or make a good argument of, thus is an irrelevant argumentative point. More advertisement, though it wasn't that bad, would be a stronger argument.

3 hours ago, DaivRules said:

75,000 sold in Japan. http://gamingbolt.com/gravity-rush-2-and-ps4-top-sales-charts-in-japan-in-latest-media-create-report

Seems like these numbers for only the physical copies in the UK are only telling a tiny, tiny fraction of the big picture...

1 minute ago, Mar said:

There's comments like these and others similar to it. So, anyone well informed on the series shouldn't have expected it to sell great, but it was generally ok to at least think it'd sell reasonably well ENOUGH, even with the poor'ish Remastered sales.

Why do people always point to the worst data possible and say that represents everything, when I posted quite the opposite and everyone ignores it?

"*May* have sold under 5000 physical copies in the UK" - It's nothing more than a rumor with that phrasing. Yet everyone has been so quick to think that's the beginning and end of the story.

Do I really need to start a different thread to dispute everyone reading this FUD instead of point to facts that contradict everyones thinking? I don't mean to call you out specifically Mar, you just happen to be the most recent poster.

Though I can see both this game and the first one have gotten good/great reviews, I have not played either.

Sadly, with the number of games in my backlog and the number of games I still want to buy, pretty much the only reason I'd get this would be if I got the first one on PS+ and enjoyed it so much that I needed to get the sequel immediately.

24 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Though I can see both this game and the first one have gotten good/great reviews, I have not played either.

Sadly, with the number of games in my backlog and the number of games I still want to buy, pretty much the only reason I'd get this would be if I got the first one on PS+ and enjoyed it so much that I needed to get the sequel immediately.

Gravity Rush was on PS+ from November 2012 through June 2014 and is likely how many people were exposed to it.

I know it really shouldn't be the focus at all but how open does this game leave the opportunity for a sequel? If sales suck but we want a sequel we can crowdfund it like Shenmue. Currently playing the Vita version before doing the PS4 port. Getting my copy after my next payday (I'm in Ireland, not the UK so physical sales here are probably even more laughable).