Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age Trophy Thoughts

1 hour ago, JeffsonP said:

Well, you can just farm Dark Energy (60k damage to all enemies), bye bye Judges. And it isn't a re-match. You can go to trials and beat them before finding you first judge in the main game. And you only fight 3 of the 5 Judge Magisters in the main game.

Surprised someone replied. :D

You can actually do the trials before you begin the game? Well, I did recall it when they were doing videos for the IZJS version, but never thought about it because you'd have to be a real hardcore gamer to do something as crazy as a Level 1 run against the judges.

I'll remember the Dark Energy strategy if I decide to go for the platinum. Thanks for the tip. ;)

So I never played the IZJS version but from doing research about how you can lose out on Quickenings, as well as certain magicks, technicks, being allowed in only certain classes. Quite a few of these trophies can be deemed missable. I do feel that it is a shame they didn't include a Tournasel trophy, that would give you the full experience of FFXII. They do however make it up for the Bestiary Trophy. Regardless really looking forward to getting platinum on this game. This will be hardest game to get platinum for the Final Fantasy franchise... (10-2 is only difficult because of the 100% completion trophy). 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I did all of these in the PS2 version, except maybe completing the bestiary as I never checked or paid attention to how far I got in it, but I'm pretty confident about getting the plat for this. That Yiazmat battle took me over 6 hours or so to do so not looking forward to that but I knew they would that in there. I just hated the Great Crystal to get Ultima, I got lost in it and it took hours to find out where i was and get out. 

• 2 weeks later...

Always wanted to play the Zodiac Job System version of this, so a PS4 release with trophies is a bonus. Just a shame it's not on Vita as I like the older games being portable. Trophies overall are pretty good and account for most of the game. Bestiary could be a tricky one though if it includes the rare game entries (which is likely will) as some of the most were very conditional to spawn.

Most of the trophies are perfectly doable and not really difficult.

There are a few that concern me.

- Completing the Bestiary will take some time due to getting the rare enemies to spawn. Do I need all pages for every enemy or just the first page?

- Perform every Concurrence. Yeah, no, I hated Concurrences on PS2 due to the randomness. Hopefully, they made using all a bit easier.

- Fully explore every map. This can be a bit tricky. I hope it's enough to enter every sub-section of all areas once. If not, Draklor Laboratory and the Pharos will be troublesome.

- Complete the 100th trial. Never did this so far, but I heard it requires fighting the strongest enemies in the game.

Other than that, I'm not too worried. Yiazmat is not that difficult if you know what to do. Zodiark might require a few tries thanks to its instant death attacks. There doesn't seem to be any trophy related to beating Omega. All other mob hunts are not really a challenge (or at least weren't in the original FF XII),

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 29/01/2017 at 1:22 PM, Arkthur said:

Just a thought, it would've been cool if they included Vagrant Story with this game.

Don't say these things man, lol I fucking loved vagrant story. It beats every ff game in my opinion (except for 7 maybe). I would love to see a remaster or sequel, but it ain't ever gonna happen. 

I may have some issues with the Mist Walker trophy, due to Concurrences being mostly random - just like the amount of Mist Charges you may or may not receive, provided they work exactly the same as the normal version of course. Everything else is completely doable without super excessive requirements, though. I also like how the trophy list encourages you to do mostly everything in the game, and the trophy images look nice as well.

Hi! 

So, Im about to plat the game and would love to pass along some of my experiences so some of you don't have to go through the same trouble. 

If you haven't play the game yet, enjoy it, play on regular speed or 2x speed. Since I already played FFXII and IJZS (International Job Zodiac System), I played it in 4x: This allowed me to run every map a few times and with the appropriate gambits and classes level up normally. Just enjoy the game, don't worry too much on Rare Game enemies (Enemies that spawn under certain conditions), or Espers or secret Areas. Why do I say this? Well, in order to unlock most trophies you'll have to do everything in the game, so forcing yourself to go for a hard hunt (even if you have the resources) is a waste of time. Most late level stuff unlock after certain scenarios are met so just make it to the last place you can make it and then go back. 

New to the Zodiac Age is the inclusion of a "overlay map" which makes Pharos Ascent a breeze. You can press L1 and see an overlayed map on your screen which I never turned off because its goddamned convenient. Also new to the game autosaving. Everytime you change screens the game autosaves. Gotta handle it to Square Enix, but the improvements on "quality of life" in this game made it so much better.

So, I've read a few of your concerns on trophies; Do remember that this trophy list existed as the Sky Pirate Den in FFXII IJZS

Bestiary. You DO NOT need the extra pages to get this trophy. You'll have to kill one of each kind on every region + ALL bosses (this includes optional bosses such as Omega Mark XIII or Phoenix) + Hunts (Including Yiazmat) + Rare Games + Espers + Humanoids. I think this is the most tedious trophy of 'em all. Some enemies spawn during certain specific weather conditions, some when your clock is between x:30:00 and X:50:00, some when you clear areas. etc.

Magicks and Technicks: There's going to be a lot of exploration for these trophies. Always search for the IJZS Location when googling where is a technick or magick. 

Cartography: While I can't guarantee 100% that you only have to access a certain area one, I'll say that my trophy popped when i entered the 2nd locked area in Alchades Grand Arcade. You DO NOT have to visit every area in places where there's no map (aka Bahamut, Grand Crystal), but I read somebody say something about Pharos and I can confirm that you need Pharos Umbra, Penumbra, Abyssal and Unknown. Doing all the Hunts from Clan Centurio + All magicks + Technicks + this place in Alchades this trophy.

Finally on the Trials: Upon selecting the trials you have to load a save file. You'll take ALL your items and even companions, so you might want to make a save file whenever you get Reddas as a 4th member. Whatever you spend in Trial Mode is not wasted on the main game and since there's autosaving on every stage... well, you can quit whenever and load on the last stage you made it. 

• Like 2