Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

211 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

1 minute ago, Zanreo said:

Took me a while to figure this out myself - press and hold the power button on the console itself and you'll get an option to shut down.

Figured there would be a button on the console... So nothing in the menus at all? Hmmmm... Guess I should look at this less like a console and more like a tablet, which I almost never power off either.

Got home a while ago with a Switch + Zelda (the store didn't have Bomberman). This is the first time I've gotten any console at launch.

Husbando will start playing Zelda soon (and probably unbox the Wolf Link amiibo). I'll be watching (and acting as his tactician [he says director]) and probably giving it a try too. ( ・ ᴗ ・ )

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chellesan said:

So I buyed I switch without preorder, there where still many on the store, zelda was like selld out nearly and the other games didn't sell at all lol 

Yeah Zelda is sold out everywhere here, Bomberman and a few other games do well also - only Just Dance is available everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

Got home a while ago with a Switch + Zelda (the store didn't have Bomberman). This is the first time I've gotten any console at launch.

Husbando will start playing Zelda soon (and probably unbox the Wolf Link amiibo). I'll be watching (and acting as his tactician [he says director]) and probably giving it a try too. ( ・ ᴗ ・ )

Have fun, did you get Snipperclips to play together as well?

I just played the first world of Snipperclips with the missus, fun game. Going back to Zelda now.

Oh yeah I bought some amiibo as well, they had a big sale here. Link (Smash Bros), Fox, Meta Knight and Mega Yarn Yoshi. On their way are Kirby (star), Mario (Super Mario), Donkey Kong (Super Mario) and Pikachu. Will buy Bowser, Samus and Captain Falcon if they enter a sale as well.

11 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Have fun, did you get Snipperclips to play together as well?

I just played the first world of Snipperclips with the missus, fun game. Going back to Zelda now.

Oh yeah I bought some amiibo as well, they had a big sale here. Link (Smash Bros), Fox, Meta Knight and Mega Yarn Yoshi. On their way are Kirby (star), Mario (Super Mario), Donkey Kong (Super Mario) and Pikachu. Will buy Bowser, Samus and Captain Falcon if they enter a sale as well.

Didn't get Snipperclips yet, but husband was very interested in getting it.

We're just setting up our user accounts and configuring internet settings. The UI is so slick and it sounds great from the console's speakers. And we were able to import our Miis in a matter of seconds by scanning our user info from amiibos! Super convenient!

1 minute ago, Eyjabria said:

Didn't get Snipperclips yet, but husband was very interested in getting it.

We're just setting up our user accounts and configuring internet settings. The UI is so slick and it sounds great from the console's speakers. And we were able to import our Miis in a matter of seconds by scanning our user info from amiibos! Super convenient!

I never had any amiibo because I never had a WiiU and my 3DS was gone before amiibo became a thing. Seems like a good way to keep dsta though.

Who am I kidding, I just bought my amiibo as collector's statuettes xD

8 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I never had any amiibo because I never had a WiiU and my 3DS was gone before amiibo became a thing. Seems like a good way to keep dsta though.

Same here, they're still in the boxes for the 3 I own:DNever really saw enough use of them to open

4 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Based on your time with it, does Snipperclips seem like something that would be fun solo? Feel free to answer later when you have more time under your belt. 

I only bought 2 Amiibos during my Wii U days but the Yarn Yoshi is pretty cute! I imagine the Mega one is even more fun. 

6 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Based on your time with it, does Snipperclips seem like something that would be fun solo? Feel free to answer later when you have more time under your belt. 

I only bought 2 Amiibos during my Wii U days but the Yarn Yoshi is pretty cute! I imagine the Mega one is even more fun. 

The yarn poochy amiibo is adorable

8 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Just chilling with Zelda at this point, just came out of the second shrine, both my wife and our dog lie sleeping next to me on the couch :) I have time for short bits of text from time to time for people I actually give a damn about (so still won't go into those negative nancies), but for you guys I'll make time :) (I know you have a long post somewhere as an answer to something I said, I'll get to those longer posts later this weekend).

Idsay yeah, you should only play Snipperclips in co-op. You can do it "solo", meaning you have to constantly switch between the characters so I don't think that would be fun.

Yeah mega yarn Yoshi is super cute, don't know what to think of those "saddle" bits but yeah it was in the game as well it seems.

1 minute ago, SnowxSakura said:

The yarn poochy amiibo is adorable

If the big one ever goes on sale I'll get it. Is that character in the Wii U Woolly World game as well or qas it a new character for the 3DS game? Woolly World is one of those rare Wii U titles I would gladly have played.

Edited by BillyHorrible

5 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Just chilling with Zelda at this point, just came out of the second shrine, both my wife and our dog lie sleeping next to me on the couch :) I have time for short bits of text from time to time for people I actually give a damn about (so still won't go into those negative nancies), but for you guys I'll make time :) (I know you have a long post somewhere as an answer to something I said, I'll get to those longer posts later this weekend).

Idsay yeah, you should only play Snipperclips in co-op. You can do it "solo", meaning you have to constantly switch between the characters so I don't think that would be fun.

Yeah mega yarn Yoshi is super cute, don't know what to think of those "saddle" bits but yeah it was in the game as well it seems.

If the big one ever goes on sale I'll get it. Is that character in the Wii U Woolly World game as well or qas it a new character for the 3DS game? Woolly World is one of those rare Wii U titles I would gladly have played.

I think he's in both versions, but the smaller amiibo was bundled with the 3ds game

Just a heads up, you can easily access other regions eshop by just linking a different region account, I managed to get into the Japanese one and download the PuyoPuyo demo although it looks like you still need the country's currency if you wanna buy something but still cool

52 minutes ago, blazeaire said:

Just a heads up, you can easily access other regions eshop by just linking a different region account, I managed to get into the Japanese one and download the PuyoPuyo demo although it looks like you still need the country's currency if you wanna buy something but still cool

Good to know, I wasn't gonna bother doing that, but since the store is pretty limited ATM in Australia, I might do that to get a couple of demos some time, cheers! (there's no demos at all on my store right now)

3 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I never had any amiibo because I never had a WiiU and my 3DS was gone before amiibo became a thing. Seems like a good way to keep data though.

Uhm, okay... So I had a bit of trouble with taming horses... The second site I found told me that I should pull the left joystick back while soothing,but the first site told me what my recently bought Link (Smash) could be used for...

I GOT EPONA, HORSE OF LEGEND!

OmKDJER.jpg

... Yes, that's a bandana. Shut up, it increases my climbing speed. Just like bandanas in real life.

1 hour ago, blazeaire said:

This will be very useful if the Virtual Console doesn't have everything in every region.

45 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

So for those that have their system already, does the super tiny d-pad on the right joy-con serve any purpose?

... It's not a d-pad, it's a plus sign :giggle: the left joycon has a minus. They work kind of like pause buttons. In Fast RMX, plus is the pause menu (haven't tried minus in a full controller configuration yet). In Zelda, plus is the quest / inventory /save pages while minus is the map.

Edited by BillyHorrible

43 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

So for those that have their system already, does the super tiny d-pad on the right joy-con serve any purpose?

Yep, it's basically your start button and the - on the left side your select button, it's not a directional pad in any kind though, just a button 

43 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Good to know, I wasn't gonna bother doing that, but since the store is pretty limited ATM in Australia, I might do that to get a couple of demos some time, cheers! (there's no demos at all on my store right now)

Yep same, the selection of games is kinda sparse tbh, thinking of getting Metal Slug 3 for like the 4th time just to have something to play besides Zelda lol

I would have never imagined myself wanting any amiibos but I want some now. I'm really liking Zelda a lot, the cooking in this game (thanks Billy) is really fun.  I'm hoping to find some different ingredients in some other areas of the map.  If anyone wants to add me as a friend just pm me your codes or ask for mine, I've just got Zelda at the moment but I'm hoping to get Fast RMX and Bomberman next week.

48 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

... Yes, that's a bandana. Shut up, it increases my climbing speed. Just like bandanas in real life.

This will be very useful if the Virtual Console doesn't have everything in every region.

... It's not a d-pad, it's a plus sign :giggle: the left joycon has a minus. They work kind of like pause buttons. In Fast RMX, plus is the pause menu (haven't tried minus in a full controller configuration yet). In Zelda, plus is the quest / inventory /save pages while minus is the map.

Hey, bandanas are awesome! Solid Snake isn't too cool to wear them, so nobody else should be either. 

The regional Virtual Console support is pretty cool, that's very similar to how PS3 and PS4 do it (from what I understand, I haven't tired myself), right down to needing to use the matching currency. 

I thought the Plus was a d-pad too, thinking the tiny size would be a major problem with the Switch... until I realized that the left-joy con's face buttons are actually the "d-pad". I think it's an easy mistake to make? 

4 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Thanks for the update, hopefully there will be a demo so I can check it out myself. Wii U wasn't great with demos (neither are any current-gen systems, for that matter), often getting them after games are out for a while... hopefully Switch will improve on that. 

RE: Zelda.  I hope you guys/gals aren't rushing through the first area too fast.  I've found a fair good bit of secrets out there and would hope everyone gets to find them.  Some pretty good weapons hidden and I'm currently hunting some collectibles in the area.  I'm not sure how many there are though so I'm scouring every inch.  

6 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Hey, bandanas are awesome! Solid Snake isn't too cool to wear them, so nobody else should be either. 

The regional Virtual Console support is pretty cool, that's very similar to how PS3 and PS4 do it (from what I understand, I haven't tired myself), right down to needing to use the matching currency. 

I thought the Plus was a d-pad too, thinking the tiny size would be a major problem with the Switch... until I realized that the left-joy con's face buttons are actually the "d-pad". I think it's an easy mistake to make? 

Thanks for the update, hopefully there will be a demo so I can check it out myself. Wii U wasn't great with demos (neither are any current-gen systems, for that matter), often getting them after games are out for a while... hopefully Switch will improve on that. 

Bandanas are for hippies, I wore them during my university days xD

A few reviewers from the USA are complaining that the VC for WiiU is only now getting a bunch of must-have titles, while I checked and the EU has had those titles for years.

Personally I didn't think it would be an easy mistake but let's not have my thoughts be the norm, humanity would never survive.

6 hours ago, B1rvine said:

So, the big question....

Does this thing have trophies or something equivalent?

6 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

I don't believe so, didn't see anything like that in any of the screenshots for the OS

Nope, no trophies or likewise systems, at least not Switch-wide (some games like Super Mario Kart will have an in-game stamp collection system).

It's not the big question to most Nintendo fans though, many people I talked to are glad they can play without the distraction of a trophy system and I've heard nobody who bought a Switch complain that there weren't any trophies.

5 hours ago, angelgrievous said:

RE: Zelda.  I hope you guys/gals aren't rushing through the first area too fast.  I've found a fair good bit of secrets out there and would hope everyone gets to find them.  Some pretty good weapons hidden and I'm currently hunting some collectibles in the area.  I'm not sure how many there are though so I'm scouring every inch.  

I found a few secrets though not all of them by far. The world is so huge that I want to see a lot more of it though, and there are secrets everywhere. I found three Korok, it's really fun finding those puzzles and finishing them.

I hope that one of those deactivated Sheika Slate options is a collectible counter because knowing how much I have left in areas would push me to go look for them.

3 hours ago, Zanreo said:

Yeah, Poochy was also in the Wii U version

11 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

I think he's in both versions, but the smaller amiibo was bundled with the 3ds game

Thanks for the confirmations. I've get big Yoshi now so I'll want big Poochy as well. Only if there's a great sale though and I kind of want to see Woolly World release on the Switch first.

I'm in big doubts about where to post my Zelda updates - here, in the Zelda thread or in the event :-)

I just woke up, last night I ended in Kokoriko Village. Will likely play a whole lot of Zelda today, a little Snipperclips and almost no Fast RMX because my wife is at home as well.