Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

205 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

44 minutes ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

I just won my first ever game of Tetris 99! Is it wrong that I'm so excited about this?! Two times before I managed to place 3rd, but it felt like a miracle to get there. I never thought I'd be able to win a game, but somehow I did it! I definitely got the right pieces at the right time - at the very end I got two Tetrises in a row, which dumped 20 lines on my last opponent. Huzzah!

Also, be sure to head over to the giveaways forum and vote to enter my $20 eShop gift card giveaway.

I won my first Tetris 99 match on my 325th match and I was super-excited. I had gotten 3rd 3 or 4 times before that and in the top 5 several times. My average finish in my last 10 was like 23rd and that includes a couple of bad games. It definitely takes some luck and a lot of practice to win for sure. Congrats!

• Like 1

For those in the U.S., Target has a buy one get one 10% off deal on all gaming gift cards that ends today (Dec. 21). Deals on eShop codes are hard to come by, so I'm gonna buy a couple of codes from their website to add to my account. The same deal applies to PSN cards as well:

https://www.target.com/pl/700903574?lnk=BOGO10offgaming

There are also a ton of games on sale on the eShop right now, including games from Bandai Namco, Team17, Ubisoft, and Square Enix:

https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals/

Personally, I'm going buy a couple of codes from Target and get FFVIII remastered on the Switch for 13 bucks. I'm willing to give that game another try and want to be able to play it at work on my lunch break. Finding time to play big RPG's is hard when real world adulting gets in the way...

Edited by ZitMeatloaf
Added game sale info

40 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I got Luigi's Mansion 3 a couple of days ago for my birthday. I'm really digging it so far (first LM game). I like that they are gradually adding new mechanics to open up new possibilities and has me backtracking to see what I missed.

I'm looking forward to this game in a few days... gonna have a very video gamey Christmas! I got LM3, Zelda: Link's Awakening, and Starlink: Battle For Atlas for the Switch (to enjoy the exclusive Starfox content).

3 hours ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

I'm looking forward to this game in a few days... gonna have a very video gamey Christmas! I got LM3, Zelda: Link's Awakening, and Starlink: Battle For Atlas for the Switch (to enjoy the exclusive Starfox content).

I'll pick up Link's Awakening eventually, but I'm going to finish up a few games before that. Really looking forward to it!

I actually told my brother to pick between LM and Link's Awakening and I'd buy the other one next year! Haha.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

There are some pretty good discounts in the EU 3DS eShop at the moment too (highlights being Atlus games like Radiant Historia, Etrian Odyssey series, Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse and Persona Q). Husbando is getting Etrian Mystery Dungeon for Christmas and I'm considering getting it too along with some games from Steam winter sale. 

Most likely not getting anything for Switch at the moment as I'm still playing Pokémon Shield. Bred a Joltik and leveling up Grookey, both of which I'm never going to evolve. My cutie team is forming up. Now just need to find Sewaddle. ♥

Merry Christmas, happy new year and gaming filled holidays, everyone! If I survive the holiday feast I'm looking forward to some great games on Switch next year.

• Like 2

Did a big cataloging of my game shelf to try and clear out all of the games I think I could sell for some monies that I don't truly feel like I'll get around to playing.  It quickly became very noticeable that I have a lot of Switch games I haven't started/finished yet... a lot more than the PS3/PS4/Xbox One.  Maybe I should start playing some of them. xD

So... these are the games I took off the shelf:

Spoiler

99Vidas

Dragon's Lair Trilogy

Flinthook

Giga Wrecker Alt

Machinarium

Mega Man 11

Momodora: Reverie Under The Moonlight

Oceanhorn - Monster of Uncharted Seas

Salt and Sanctuary

Shantae And The Pirate's Curse

Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+

The Flame in the Flood

Wonder Boy The Dragons Trap

^^ Curious if you guys feel like I should reconsider and keep any of these?  I haven't really played any of them, just more passing interests when I picked them up.  So it's possible there's a gem or two in there worth keeping.

Leaving these games as the ones I either haven't started or haven't finished yet:

(all physical copies)

Spoiler

A Hat in Time

Another World

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Broken Age

Child of Light / Valiant Hearts Pack

Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy

Dead Cells

Deadly Premonition Origins

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Downwell

Dust: An Elysian Tail

Enter The Gungeon

Evoland (1 + 2)

Final Fantasy VII + VIII Remastered Twin Pack

Golf Story

Gone Home

Guacamelee (1 + 2)

Human: Fall Flat

I am Setsuna

Iconoclasts

Minit

N++

Night Trap

Okami HD

Pokemon Sword

Q.U.B.E 2

Rayman Legends

River City Girls

Saturday Morning RPG

Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove

Slime-San

Snake Pass

Starlink Battle for Atlas

Super Meat Boy

The End Is Nigh

The Gardens Between

The Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening

The Messenger

Timespinner

Transistor

Turok / Turok 2 Pack

Undertale

West of Loathing

Yoku's Island Express

Yooka-Laylee

Not sure where to start.  Maybe Final Fantasy VII ... since the first part of the Remake is coming in March and it'd be cool to have recently finished the original to compare.  Though of the games on that list, that is one I've probably "started" the most over the years.  Don't think I ever technically beat it though. xD

Edited by Dreakon13

46 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

@Dreakon13 You should keep The Binding of Isaac. For me it's one of my most played games on PC. I don't know how good the console ports are but it is a great game, although it takes time to master it.

I've heard the same even though I've never played it. @Dreakon13

just mapped out what games i want to buy physicals of for switch (since i just got the ff7/8 combo, Astral Chain, and tmrw FE3H)... ive picked...

want:

Bayonetta 2 (must have download for 1)

Mario Maker 2

own:

Astral Chain,

DK Tropical Freeze

Fire Emblem 3 Houses

Mario Odyssey 

Mario Kart 8

Super Smash Bros

Mario Deluxe U

Luigis Mansion 3

pokemon sword,

pokemon shield,

octopath traveler,

Zelda Links Awakening 

Zelda BotW

and really i own most else i want lol. anything good physical im missin? open to suggestions 

16 minutes ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

anything good physical im missin? open to suggestions

Splatoon 2 maybe? But at this point it may be better to just wait for 3 since multiplayer is a huge part of it and is on the decline.

I'd also say Tetris 99 if you're a fan of Tetris. Comes with all the DLCs. Otherwise, just play the free version.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Splatoon 2 maybe? But at this point it may be better to just wait for 3 since multiplayer is a huge part of it and is on the decline.

I'd also say Tetris 99 if you're a fan of Tetris. Comes with all the DLCs. Otherwise, just play the free version.

have tetris 99 free. Splatoon never interested me. Tho a 3rd... hmm.

with Bayonetta 2 i just wish they'd port it to ps4 lol

On 12/27/2019 at 9:38 PM, LegacyJKO09 said:

just mapped out what games i want to buy physicals of for switch (since i just got the ff7/8 combo, Astral Chain, and tmrw FE3H)... ive picked...

want:

Mario Maker 2

own:

Astral Chain,

DK Tropical Freeze

Fire Emblem 3 Houses

Mario Odyssey 

Mario Kart 8

Super Smash Bros

Mario Deluxe U

Luigis Mansion 3

pokemon sword,

pokemon shield,

octopath traveler,

Zelda Links Awakening 

Zelda BotW

and really i own most else i want lol. anything good physical im missin? open to suggestions 

Are you only interested in first party games and/or Nintendo console exclusives?  That's the impression I get looking at that list.

If so, I think that's mostly everything I can think of.  Golf Story comes to mind as a Nindie exclusive that had a brief limited physical release but eBay is probably your only option for that at the moment.

If not, there are a ton of multiplatform physicals on Switch that people might not realize.  Hollow Knight, A Hat in Time, the Trine games, to name a few.  A lot of Limited Run releases on sale at Best Buy if they're still in stock (ie. Celeste, Yooka Laylee, Super Meat Boy).  Best Buy won't gouge you, but expect to pay full price and then some for physical Limited Run copies at least.

EDIT: Deadly Premonitions Origin was a random one I stumbled on.  Came out physical a few months after digital.  Game ran like crap on the PS3, and the PC port had a lot of crashing issues and incompatibilities.  Haven't played this Switch one yet but I'm hoping it's the best of the bunch performance-wise.  One of those 'so bad its good' cult following games, YMMV.

Edited by Dreakon13

On 28/12/2019 at 4:38 AM, LegacyJKO09 said:

want:

Mario Maker 2

own:

Astral Chain,

DK Tropical Freeze

Fire Emblem 3 Houses

Mario Odyssey 

Mario Kart 8

Super Smash Bros

Mario Deluxe U

Luigis Mansion 3

pokemon sword,

pokemon shield,

octopath traveler,

Zelda Links Awakening 

Zelda BotW

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 definitely if you don't have it yet.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

Are you only interested in first party games and/or Nintendo console exclusives?  That's the impression I get looking at that list.

If so, I think that's mostly everything I can think of.  Golf Story comes to mind as a Nindie exclusive that had a brief limited physical release but eBay is probably your only option for that at the moment.

If not, there are a ton of multiplatform physicals on Switch that people might not realize.  Hollow Knight, A Hat in Time, the Trine games, to name a few.  A lot of Limited Run releases on sale at Best Buy if they're still in stock (ie. Celeste, Yooka Laylee, Super Meat Boy).  Best Buy won't gouge you, but expect to pay full price and then some for physical Limited Run copies at least.

EDIT: Deadly Premonitions Origin was a random one I stumbled on.  Came out physical a few months after digital.  Game ran like crap on the PS3, and the PC port had a lot of crashing issues and incompatibilities.  Haven't played this Switch one yet but I'm hoping it's the best of the bunch performance-wise.  One of those 'so bad its good' cult following games, YMMV.

yes essentially. Thats the same deal with my xbox, get exclusives. I added MH Generations to my notepad list, as well as Xenoblade 2. 

i would be interested in games that were on say previous gen consoles that run better on switch though.

didnt know best buy sold limited run games. thats cool. One series ive been wanting to play but confused as the games are on ps4, nintendo, some diff than others is the Shantae series.

2 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 definitely if you don't have it yet.

i do not. totally forgot about it. always wanted it too.

Expansion Pass was announced for Pokemon Sword & Shield during the Direct today.

One for Sword & One for Shield. Armor & Tundra. Not sure which one is for which.

However... they are adding a bunch of old pokemon into the game through it as well as more Gigantamax forms, Legendaries, Galar forms, & Galar forms for previous legendaries (most notably Moltres/Articuno/Zapdos who look SO MUCH BETTER in the Galar form then the original Kanto versions IMO. ?)

Pretty sure they have their own stories too. New legendaries as well.

This is isn't going to stop the National Dex complainers though. Now they will just whine that this should have been done in the first place and shouldn't cost money. ?

Oh... and the first Mystery Dungeon game is being released with a remake verison in March. ?

fuck my life

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SelectiveGamer said:

Expansion Pass was announced for Pokemon Sword & Shield during the Direct today.

One for Sword & One for Shield. Armor & Tundra. Not sure which one is for which.

However... they are adding a bunch of old pokemon into the game through it as well as more Gigantamax forms, Legendaries, Galar forms, & Galar forms for previous legendaries (most notably Moltres/Articuno/Zapdos who look SO MUCH BETTER in the Galar form then the original Kanto versions IMO. 1f60d.png)

Pretty sure they have their own stories too. New legendaries as well.

This is isn't going to stop the National Dex complainers though. Now they will just whine that this should have been done in the first place and shouldn't cost money. 1f611.png

Oh... and the first Mystery Dungeon game is being released with a remake verison in March. 1f613.png

fuck my life

Yeah, there's already people speculating that GF purposely left Pokemon out to add as DLC to charge us more money.

I don't think that's the case.

I think GF was hurt so much by the backlash that they decided to make an expansion pass to make people happy. I think they already knew they were going to have an expansion with a few new Pokemon but I don't think they were originally going to add the extra 200 IMO. 

There's several interviews that talk about how employees were shaken by the negative backlash and were really upset about it. I think this was more of a move to show that GF is listening.