Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

214 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

9 hours ago, Shiny Suicune said:

That game is awesome :).

I actually loved it and cannot wait for their new one if they make one :)

I wish they brought over the Sherlock Holmes one T.T

I already had Dual Destinies and the Trilogy on 3DS, but sadly all I had played was a demo of one of the games. When Spirit of Justice went on sale, I played through the first chapter of the first game from the Trilogy and I liked the gameplay a lot. As a PW newbie, I'm curious... do the games get voice acting later on? So far the first game seems to be text-only, which isn't surprising considering it was originally a GBA game. 

There are a few more eShop deals I'm considering. I'd appreciate opinions. 

Has-Been Heroes $10 (did you play this, @Super-Fly Spider-Guy?)

Soldam: Drop, Connect, Erase $10

4 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

#FAKESwitchGamer reporting in. Guilty of buying Switch at launch only for Splatoon 2 and that's nearly all I've played on the hardware so far. All those fabulous Nintendo 3DS games and such take my gaming time.

I understand that completely. I'm trying to balance my time between Vita, 3DS, and Switch. My PS4 and Wii U are getting somewhat neglected (although I have active games on both to keep me coming back occasionally). My poor X1 is collecting dust and only gets turned on for firmware updates it seems. Thank goodness I don't game on PC anymore or I'd have no time at all. 

In other news, I brought my Switch with me (without dock) to my parents' house for Thanksgiving. I intended to bring my Pro Controller but it got left at home. Since I only had the 2 Joy-Cons (I guess I need to buy another set at some point), I was stuck to 2-player games. I challenged my younger brother to some Mario Kart and he is a beast on the track. They don't have a Switch or Wii U but he has a 2DS and I think he has MK7 on there. Anyway, one of the MK8 racing matches was really cool. He (Waluigi) was in the lead until the last second, when I finally pulled ahead, and... watch the video. 

Spoiler

I now have 337 moons in SMO, so I'm edging closer to the 500 needed for the next event. Hopefully I can get that many. I know I've encountered some that seem beyond my skills, so I'll probably never have 100% of them. But I'll be happy if I can get 500. 

1 hour ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I already had Dual Destinies and the Trilogy on 3DS, but sadly all I had played was a demo of one of the games. When Spirit of Justice went on sale, I played through the first chapter of the first game from the Trilogy and I liked the gameplay a lot. As a PW newbie, I'm curious... do the games get voice acting later on? So far the first game seems to be text-only, which isn't surprising considering it was originally a GBA game. 

Has-Been Heroes $10 (did you play this, @Super-Fly Spider-Guy?)

Soldam: Drop, Connect, Erase $10

I understand that completely. I'm trying to balance my time between Vita, 3DS, and Switch. My PS4 and Wii U are getting somewhat neglected (although I have active games on both to keep me coming back occasionally). My poor X1 is collecting dust and only gets turned on for firmware updates it seems. Thank goodness I don't game on PC anymore or I'd have no time at all. 

In other news, I brought my Switch with me (without dock) to my parents' house for Thanksgiving. I intended to bring my Pro Controller but it got left at home. Since I only had the 2 Joy-Cons (I guess I need to buy another set at some point), I was stuck to 2-player games. I challenged my younger brother to some Mario Kart and he is a beast on the track. They don't have a Switch or Wii U but he has a 2DS and I think he has MK7 on there. Anyway, one of the MK8 racing matches was really cool. He (Waluigi) was in the lead until the last second, when I finally pulled ahead, and... watch the video. 

Hide contents

I now have 337 moons in SMO, so I'm edging closer to the 500 needed for the next event. Hopefully I can get that many. I know I've encountered some that seem beyond my skills, so I'll probably never have 100% of them. But I'll be happy if I can get 500. 

I've played only Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies so far and I think the game had voice acting only during cut scenes and some of the courtroom things like "Objection!" are voiced. I'm actually glad there was no voice acting as I didn't like the English dub very much. I don't know if the newer games have more voice acting. 

Great Mario Kart video! I wish the Switch video capture feature was supported in all games. So far I've tried it in Splatoon 2 only: https://twitter.com/nintendowife/status/934137769172934656

8 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Yes the first 3 games are text only.

Then there's Apollo Justice which is text(I haven't played it yet) only as well.

Then Dual Destines and Spirit of Justice do have some animation scenes with voice acting and! some of the reading will have some voice acting at random times. But majority its reading. :)

I hope you enjoy it. It's really great read game like Dangaronpa :)

2 hours ago, Shiny Suicune said:

Yes the first 3 games are text only.

Then there's Apollo Justice which is text(I haven't played it yet) only as well.

Then Dual Destines and Spirit of Justice do have some animation scenes with voice acting and! some of the reading will have some voice acting at random times. But majority its reading. :)

I hope you enjoy it. It's really great read game like Dangaronpa :)

Nice, I loved the first 2 Danganronpas. I haven't played the third yet. 

I don't have anything against text; I was just curious if and when voice acting kicked in later in the series. 

3 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Nice, I loved the first 2 Danganronpas. I haven't played the third yet. 

I don't have anything against text; I was just curious if and when voice acting kicked in later in the series. 

Honestly I was shocked while playing Dual Destines that they even spoke at all lol. Caught me off guard but yea it was cool. I wish in the future an Ace Attorney game has full voice acting. That would be a lot of fun. I wouldn't care if it was Japanese Audio and English text. I want to know how they would put it together ♡♡

OT: Anyone ever heard of Poi? There is a Explorer Edition for Switch. I bought mine physically and started playing last night and that game reminds me of the worlds of Super Mario 64 gameplay and old school open world. Pretty fun :)

Just handing out a recommendation like everyone else had done o.o

On 11/25/2017 at 11:56 PM, MosesRockefeller said:

Has-Been Heroes $10 (did you play this, @Super-Fly Spider-Guy?

I have, and I didn't dig it. It could be for you, but for me it was pretty damn eh. The gameplay is lazy and piss poor, not fun at all. Story starts off amusing enough, but never really built to anything, I ended up returning it after a couple days. If it was 10 bucks here, I'd pick it up again and give it another shot, but I'm not expecting it to somehow be amazing.

_________

@Cubone Dude! How sweet is PS VR? I got it yesterday and have been playing the ever loving shit out of DriveClub and that Star Wars VR mission. Until Dawn is alright so far but nothing amazing. The PS VR Worlds thing is pretty cool too, I thought it was something entirely different, no idea it was actually just 5 tech demos, murder ball and the heist one are pretty sweet. I even tried Skyrim, and after a while waiting for an install, the menu was barely readable and the thing crashed when I started it, so that's a good start, at that point I just went back to DriveClub, which is sweet. My first fair few races I just saw there watching the replay in the passenger seat, sticking my head out the window and whatnot, it was dope. That X-Wing mission though, holy shit, I was smiling the whole way, blasting TIEs and going into hyperspace was honest to God up there with the first time I jumped off a building in Spider-Man 2 and the first guy I ran over on my scooter in Vice City. VR is freakin' sweet and I love it. Tempted to grab one of those aim controller things you've got too, couple shops are flipping them for 69 with Farpoint at the moment, which is a shitload cheaper than 120 for a 2 pack of Move controllers with no game, but like, Until Dawn and the heist kinda need the two independent hand movement and like, yeah, I'd probably rather that. Either way, I'm realistically not spending anymore than I already have on it. But I think I might just keep the tech demo disc VR Worlds game and ditch Skyrim for about 60 odd if I can, then the whole thing's cost me 270, which is pretty sweet. Holy shit though, that VR mission for Star Wars dude. I'd pay another 300 for just a full length VR Star Wars game of that calibre, cannot recommend it enough to you, it only goes about 15 minutes, but just looking down and seeing yourself in an X-Wing fighter is the realization of at least 86% of my lifelong dreams. If you couldn't guess, I'm digging VR. 

Also cinema mode is dope. Nowhere near as good as games made for VR, but first person GTA is still pretty sweet in director's mode with one punch explosive kills. I can't wait to get around to playing Rock Band on it, God I hope it works in VR.

27 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

Something so strange has happened, I've completed a game with no trophies in it.

Welcome, to the other side. It's pretty great.

Well, I caved, and bought the Delorean in Rocket League. Kinda lame that all the DLC is there day one but none of it is included, but whatever. Anyway, saw Justice League earlier too, it's alright but like basically 75% of it is a build up to an average at best fight and it's like, ugh. Honestly though, if you consider BvS to be the Avengers of the DC series, then if this is Age of Ultron, it's a lot better than Age of Ultron, but that doesn't take much. Anyway, ignore the reviews, I thought it was pretty cool, even if the bad guy was entirely useless and forgettable, the DC guys are definitely a cool team and it's worth it just to see them hang out. Aquaman was a fucking badass, but I'm still pretty peeved at Momoa about the whole Pride of Gypsies thing. 

Well, I'm having a blast with Skyrim on the Switch, barely played anything else that wasn't for the KYC event.

Must be over ten hours in now (about half/half on docked/handheld), still haven't arrived at Ivarstead because I keep getting distracted by stuff along the way - bandits asking for a toll, necromancer defiling a tomb, and so on and so forth. I'm chaotic good and I am not one to run from a fight.

Very glad with my decision to buy Skyrim right away.

9 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

@Cubone Dude! How sweet is PS VR? I got it yesterday and have been playing the ever loving shit out of DriveClub and that Star Wars VR mission. Until Dawn is alright so far but nothing amazing. The PS VR Worlds thing is pretty cool too, I thought it was something entirely different, no idea it was actually just 5 tech demos, murder ball and the heist one are pretty sweet. I even tried Skyrim, and after a while waiting for an install, the menu was barely readable and the thing crashed when I started it, so that's a good start, at that point I just went back to DriveClub, which is sweet. My first fair few races I just saw there watching the replay in the passenger seat, sticking my head out the window and whatnot, it was dope. That X-Wing mission though, holy shit, I was smiling the whole way, blasting TIEs and going into hyperspace was honest to God up there with the first time I jumped off a building in Spider-Man 2 and the first guy I ran over on my scooter in Vice City. VR is freakin' sweet and I love it. Tempted to grab one of those aim controller things you've got too, couple shops are flipping them for 69 with Farpoint at the moment, which is a shitload cheaper than 120 for a 2 pack of Move controllers with no game, but like, Until Dawn and the heist kinda need the two independent hand movement and like, yeah, I'd probably rather that. Either way, I'm realistically not spending anymore than I already have on it. But I think I might just keep the tech demo disc VR Worlds game and ditch Skyrim for about 60 odd if I can, then the whole thing's cost me 270, which is pretty sweet. Holy shit though, that VR mission for Star Wars dude. I'd pay another 300 for just a full length VR Star Wars game of that calibre, cannot recommend it enough to you, it only goes about 15 minutes, but just looking down and seeing yourself in an X-Wing fighter is the realization of at least 86% of my lifelong dreams. If you couldn't guess, I'm digging VR. 

Also cinema mode is dope. Nowhere near as good as games made for VR, but first person GTA is still pretty sweet in director's mode with one punch explosive kills. I can't wait to get around to playing Rock Band on it, God I hope it works in VR.

Yeah PSVR is pretty cool, unfortunately it all depends on whether or not your senses accept the input so there's no knowing you would enjoy it until you tried it. Some people just can't see past the screen in front of their eyes, or they keep getting motion sickness.

I haven't played the X-Wing mission yet but it's the experience I look forward to the most. Going to try to find a used copy of Battlefront somewhere because even if EA puts it on another €10 sale, I'm not giving them a penny.

I don't care about VR Worlds either even if I would get it for free. 

Until Dawn: Rush Of Blood will probably be fun as it's free, and my biggest gripe with Until Dawn was the annoying characters, which should be missing from the VR game. I actually thought Until Dawn was pretty decent in setting a horror mood. And since I bought two move controllers anyway, might as well see if I enjoy the rail shooter that I got through PS+ anyway.

I really want to play Batman: Arkham VR. I know it's supposed to be a short experience, done in an hour or so but I played the demo in a tryout stand in the month before VR released and I loved it. It's €12 now on a sale, going to wait until Wednesday until I make my decision - after I heard what the PS+ VR game is for December. I know Batman VR will be on PS+ eventually but unless the PS+ VR December game is amazing, I'm just going to buy Batman. Maybe even if said PS+ offer is amazing. My parents are visiting next month (we live on other sides of the country so we don't see each other often) and my father is a Batman nut but he is not a gamer so he hasn't tried VR yet.

By the way @Super-Fly Spider-Guy, surely you already knew that Sony released a Spider-Man Homecoming VR demo thingie for free, right? They released it along with the movie and it's supposed to be cool, all the negative reviews on it say that at 5-10 minutes it's too short but hey, what do you want from a free tech demo commercial. It's supposed to be kind of like the intro to Batman - put on suit, use patented hand weapons (batarang/web), done. Nontheless, it's free, right?

Don't know if I already advised you on this but if you have someone willing to sit next to you, Playroom VR and Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes both are a blast to play.

I'm kind of interested in how Farpoint will play out, it's supposed to be pretty good. I figured with the reviews it's been getting (critics calling it solid but bland, gamers calling it a great VR shooter that shouldn't be compared to 2D shooters), €50 for both it and an AIM controller wouldn't be that bad.

I'm also interested in some of the platforming/puzzle games, like Waddle Home or Wayward Sky or Here We Soar. And I thought the Thumper demo was cool, will probably get that at some point.

3 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

Something so strange has happened, I've completed a game with no trophies in it.

Welcome to the club! Lack of trophies is cool because it doesn't point you in any specific direction. I recall the SNES/N64 days, when I was often just replaying games I already finished, just for fun.

1 hour ago, Cubone said:

I really want to play Batman: Arkham VR. I know it's supposed to be a short experience, done in an hour or so but I played the demo in a tryout stand in the month before VR released and I loved it. It's €12 now on a sale, going to wait until Wednesday until I make my decision - after I heard what the PS+ VR game is for December. I know Batman VR will be on PS+ eventually but unless the PS+ VR December game is amazing, I'm just going to buy Batman. Maybe even if said PS+ offer is amazing. My parents are visiting next month (we live on other sides of the country so we don't see each other often) and my father is a Batman nut but he is not a gamer so he hasn't tried VR yet

Damn, Arkham VR is on sale until today, not until December 1, as I thought it was. Choices, choices... It might even be the December PS+ game then, the first two were RIGS and Until Dawn: Rush Of Blood, both PSVR release games with good reviews. Batman: Arkham VR fits those criteria.

2 hours ago, Cubone said:

Yeah PSVR is pretty cool, unfortunately it all depends on whether or not your senses accept the input so there's no knowing you would enjoy it until you tried it. Some people just can't see past the screen in front of their eyes, or they keep getting motion sickness.

I haven't played the X-Wing mission yet but it's the experience I look forward to the most. Going to try to find a used copy of Battlefront somewhere because even if EA puts it on another €10 sale, I'm not giving them a penny.

I don't care about VR Worlds either even if I would get it for free. 

Until Dawn: Rush Of Blood will probably be fun as it's free, and my biggest gripe with Until Dawn was the annoying characters, which should be missing from the VR game. I actually thought Until Dawn was pretty decent in setting a horror mood. And since I bought two move controllers anyway, might as well see if I enjoy the rail shooter that I got through PS+ anyway.

I really want to play Batman: Arkham VR. I know it's supposed to be a short experience, done in an hour or so but I played the demo in a tryout stand in the month before VR released and I loved it. It's €12 now on a sale, going to wait until Wednesday until I make my decision - after I heard what the PS+ VR game is for December. I know Batman VR will be on PS+ eventually but unless the PS+ VR December game is amazing, I'm just going to buy Batman. Maybe even if said PS+ offer is amazing. My parents are visiting next month (we live on other sides of the country so we don't see each other often) and my father is a Batman nut but he is not a gamer so he hasn't tried VR yet.

By the way @Super-Fly Spider-Guy, surely you already knew that Sony released a Spider-Man Homecoming VR demo thingie for free, right? They released it along with the movie and it's supposed to be cool, all the negative reviews on it say that at 5-10 minutes it's too short but hey, what do you want from a free tech demo commercial. It's supposed to be kind of like the intro to Batman - put on suit, use patented hand weapons (batarang/web), done. Nontheless, it's free, right?

Don't know if I already advised you on this but if you have someone willing to sit next to you, Playroom VR and Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes both are a blast to play.

I'm kind of interested in how Farpoint will play out, it's supposed to be pretty good. I figured with the reviews it's been getting (critics calling it solid but bland, gamers calling it a great VR shooter that shouldn't be compared to 2D shooters), €50 for both it and an AIM controller wouldn't be that bad.

I'm also interested in some of the platforming/puzzle games, like Waddle Home or Wayward Sky or Here We Soar. And I thought the Thumper demo was cool, will probably get that at some point.

Kind of annoying that it's tied to the main game with BF, I mean, the Jackal thing for Infinite Warfare is remarkably similar, and that's just a separate free download.

I tried it out and it's alright. I'm gonna keep it actually, not worth money anyway really, but murder ball is alright. Will ditch Skyrim tomorrow though. 

Thank you! Until Dawn was perfectly fine but tbh most of the characters sucked major ass and I'm sick of hearing nothing but praise for it. 

I hope Arkham VR pops up on Plus soon, that'd be dope. They've waited this long to drop December's games they're probs saving it for PSX at this rate.

Homecoming VR needs Move controls and I just ain't up for paying another hundred odd for a pair.

I know about Playroom, I'm keen to try it out, but it all depends on if Caitlyn will bother tbh.

Farpoint looks like it could be alright, but you could give me an average at best shooter that's been made as a great VR experience and I'd think the world of it, all about the implementation I guess.

1 hour ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Kind of annoying that it's tied to the main game with BF, I mean, the Jackal thing for Infinite Warfare is remarkably similar, and that's just a separate free download.

Yeah, EA shooting themselves in the foot when people don't want Battlefront but would have been willing to pay €5 for a separate X-Wing mission downloadable game.

Thank you! Until Dawn was perfectly fine but tbh most of the characters sucked major ass and I'm sick of hearing nothing but praise for it. 

A bunch of people are claiming "oh, but they're supposed to be annoying, it's a horror trope!"

Well, I could do without that trope. Scream and Cabin In The Woods were both excellent thriller/horror deconstructions and they made do with appealing main characters. I get the idea but having every single one of them be annoying is overdoing it.

I hope Arkham VR pops up on Plus soon, that'd be dope. They've waited this long to drop December's games they're probs saving it for PSX at this rate.

Homecoming VR needs Move controls and I just ain't up for paying another hundred odd for a pair.

PS+ titles are always shown the Wednesday before the first Tuesday of the month though, so we'll hear it two days from now. I won't buy Batman today as I'm not getting my set before tomorrow apparently and I don't want to buy VR games before I know for sure that I'm keeping this set.

Batman also needs two move controls by the way. It's one of the reasons why I knew I would need two move controls.

I know about Playroom, I'm keen to try it out, but it all depends on if Caitlyn will bother tbh.

There's one game you can play solo (a platformer) and there's the trophy room or something called like that, where you spend your in-game coins on stuff to look at. It's better than it sounds.

Farpoint looks like it could be alright, but you could give me an average at best shooter that's been made as a great VR experience and I'd think the world of it, all about the implementation I guess.

I hopeI can say more about the implementation by the end of the weekend.

8 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

Yeah, it reminds me of the PC gaming days, before Steam and its achievements.

Anyway, I find that I'm enjoying the Switch so much that I'm even getting multiplatform games there instead of PS4. I just ordered LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2* for it (it's on sale today), and I'll be getting Wolfenstein 2 for it (which even comes out later than the PS4 version).

I am closing in on 500 power moons in Super Mario Odyssey. I almost have 400 now.

* On the subject of LEGO Marvel 2, I noticed something that annoys me and I'm sure @Super-Fly Spider-Guy will understand since he is also a big fan of the first game IIRC. Somehow the amazing set of back-door agreements that allowed WB to publish LEVO Marvel 1 with Fantastic Four and X-Men characters, has not carried over to LEGO Marvel 2. I'm not a huge Marvel fan but I loved how the first game brought together all 3 teams. This one just seems to be the Avengers and Guardians (and random other characters that I probably don't know), which is cool, but doesn't match the first game's team ups IMO. Oh well, it's a LEGO game and I will enjoy it anyway.

Well, it's been ten days and the stats are in.

Apparently I played 10+ hours in Skyrim (I feel like I'm close to 15).

Haven't reached Ivarstead yet...

At this rate, Skyrim is quickly on its way to becoming my most played game. I wonder how many hours I'll spend in it before moving on.

I bought Kid Tripp yesterday, felt like having another platformer. Played a few levels and thought it was fun but I'll probably keep it for the summer holiday or something.

On 11/26/2017 at 5:15 PM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

@CuboneI have, and I didn't dig it. It could be for you, but for me it was pretty damn eh. The gameplay is lazy and piss poor, not fun at all. Story starts off amusing enough, but never really built to anything, I ended up returning it after a couple days. If it was 10 bucks here, I'd pick it up again and give it another shot, but I'm not expecting it to somehow be amazing.

I meant to mention this earlier, but thanks for the feedback. I decided to take a chance for $10. I should probably be more choosy about my Switch games now that I have a backlog building up, but a big "50% off" banner on a game I was curious about, is hard to resist. I read that it got a big patch recently, so hopefully it's better now.

I'm still mostly playing Super Mario Odyssey: "Quest for Power Moons". I'm currently in the low 400's. I'll be happy if I can get a little over 500. It's crazy to me how many Power Moons are actually in the game. They are fun collectibles, and it gives the game a lot of replay value, but still... dang.

As for my Black Friday haul, I have played a little Super Bomberman R and Puyo Puyo Tetris. I was pleasantly surprised that both versions have full voice acting and animations in between "missions" in the story mode. That's a cool touch for what I thought would be a more bare bones "string together a bunch of levels" campaign. Both games are fun, but I'm not great at either one. I had to Continue several times before the first boss in Bomberman (which I think was 9 or 10 levels) on Normal, so I dropped it down to Easy. I did okay in PP Tetris but I'm typically only getting 1 star in each level. Both of these games (and the other games I got) will take a back burner until I get 500 Power Moons in SMO. That's the goal I set myself and what I consider "Story+ Complete", so at that point I plan to shelve it and move on to other games. I'm pretty sure this is the most time I've ever spent with a Mario game. I didn't play very much post-story content in 3D Land and 3D World, and the same applies to the 2D games. I guess I should revisit those earlier games, especially all the ones I (embarrassingly) never completed.

On 11/25/2017 at 10:08 PM, Shiny Suicune said:

OT: Anyone ever heard of Poi? There is a Explorer Edition for Switch. I bought mine physically and started playing last night and that game reminds me of the worlds of Super Mario 64 gameplay and old school open world. Pretty fun :)

Just handing out a recommendation like everyone else had done o.o

I meant to comment on this earlier too. I saw it pop up in the coming soon section of the eShop, and I read a mostly positive review of it. It looks interesting but $30 is too high for me. I'd grab it at $15 (which is what the Steam version costs).

On 11/27/2017 at 11:58 PM, MosesRockefeller said:

* On the subject of LEGO Marvel 2, I noticed something that annoys me and I'm sure @Super-Fly Spider-Guy will understand since he is also a big fan of the first game IIRC. Somehow the amazing set of back-door agreements that allowed WB to publish LEVO Marvel 1 with Fantastic Four and X-Men characters, has not carried over to LEGO Marvel 2. I'm not a huge Marvel fan but I loved how the first game brought together all 3 teams. This one just seems to be the Avengers and Guardians (and random other characters that I probably don't know), which is cool, but doesn't match the first game's team ups IMO. Oh well, it's a LEGO game and I will enjoy it anyway.

Look, I gotta be honest, I've had the game sitting here for a few days now and I've played the first level and that's it. Sure, there's a shitload of other games that have just come out / gone on sale, and that baby thing, and all that, but you'd think I'd be super stoked on it. Well, I'm not. I gotta be real, I think all the cosmic stuff and time travel is just ugh to me, like I'm not interested. I'm glad they're *sort of* trying something new, but I also don't give a shit and think I may have to take another Lego hiatus after this one, much like how after Indy 1 I didn't touch anything really until Marvel 1. 

I would have loved Fantastic Four and X-Men, but I think at this point, especially given the new game opens with the Guardians, they're solely relying on the bank of the movies. Cool to go down the cosmic route I guess, for the more hardcore kids, but honestly it's an odd spot. You're trying to lure in the movie fans, who only wanna see shit go down in New York for the most part, but you're also trying to lure in the hardcore fans who are sick of all the movie stuff, double edged sword I guess.

I think Lego Marvel 1 is as great as it was when it dropped, and is one of the best Lego games out there, arguably it's even better than Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, but you'll never get me to actually say it. Good voice acting, decent enough story, a shitload of characters, what more do you want in a Lego game? Avengers was pretty damn lamn tbh, just ripping lines straight up from the movie. Now Marvel 2 is like, better than Avengers, but doesn't seem to have that Marvel 1 kinda feel, at least not yet. I really need to get into it, but I just can't find the desire. I think I'm really burned out on Avengers being so average, it's re-opened my eyes to how similar all the games are and it's kinda made it a big slugfest to get through them again. I never even finished TFA on PS4 (mind you, I plat'd it on Vita, so that probably played in) because I just didn't like the new Lego style. I don't like little mini worlds between levels and so on, I don't mind the one big world of New York in Marvel 1, I dug it, but I prefer my Lego games to be as chill and simple as possible, level 1, 2, 3, etc and a hub world in which to go pick a level. I don't know. I'm aware most of my points don't make a lot of sense right now, I just got up and am probably a bit more full of shit than I realize, but I'm just not that interested so far in Lego Marvel 2. Like, the second Spider-Gwen popped up I'm like uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh whyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

It's almost like these games are made with kids in mind. ;)

What control method do you guys use in docked mode? I mainly use the Joycons to play Mario Odyssey, but find it to be less precise than I want it to be. When I press up on the stick, Mario never really runs in the straight line I want him to run. Always a little to the left or right, which makes jumping rather frustrating because I never seem to land where I want to. Don't have that with Mario Galaxy (Nunchuck has that great octagonal gate for the stick) or other 3rd person games that I play with Dualshock- or Xboxcontrollers.

Anybody who had a similar problem? I'm thinking of getting a Pro Controller. While I love that I can lie on the couch and can hold a Joycon in each hand, I think it's not ideal for me to get the precision needed in a game like Mario.

And is there any info when the second Zelda DLC drops and if Nintendo plans on releasing a complete edition of the game? Since getting burned with my VC games on the Wii I have a strict non-digital policy with Nintendo. Google searches only lead me to some kind of complete guide book, but nothing about a re-release. Want to get Zelda for Christmas, but if there are any rumors of a new version, I'd just wait a little longer.

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but this is a rather long thread.

Except for my control issues, I love how the system feels. It has that special Nintendo quality, and everything just looks and sounds right. Wii U and 3DS were the first major Nintendo systems that I skipped, but I'm glad to be back. ?

19 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Look, I gotta be honest, I've had the game sitting here for a few days now and I've played the first level and that's it. Sure, there's a shitload of other games that have just come out / gone on sale, and that baby thing, and all that, but you'd think I'd be super stoked on it. Well, I'm not. I gotta be real, I think all the cosmic stuff and time travel is just ugh to me, like I'm not interested. I'm glad they're *sort of* trying something new, but I also don't give a shit and think I may have to take another Lego hiatus after this one, much like how after Indy 1 I didn't touch anything really until Marvel 1. 

I would have loved Fantastic Four and X-Men, but I think at this point, especially given the new game opens with the Guardians, they're solely relying on the bank of the movies. Cool to go down the cosmic route I guess, for the more hardcore kids, but honestly it's an odd spot. You're trying to lure in the movie fans, who only wanna see shit go down in New York for the most part, but you're also trying to lure in the hardcore fans who are sick of all the movie stuff, double edged sword I guess.

I think Lego Marvel 1 is as great as it was when it dropped, and is one of the best Lego games out there, arguably it's even better than Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, but you'll never get me to actually say it. Good voice acting, decent enough story, a shitload of characters, what more do you want in a Lego game? Avengers was pretty damn lamn tbh, just ripping lines straight up from the movie. Now Marvel 2 is like, better than Avengers, but doesn't seem to have that Marvel 1 kinda feel, at least not yet. I really need to get into it, but I just can't find the desire. I think I'm really burned out on Avengers being so average, it's re-opened my eyes to how similar all the games are and it's kinda made it a big slugfest to get through them again. I never even finished TFA on PS4 (mind you, I plat'd it on Vita, so that probably played in) because I just didn't like the new Lego style. I don't like little mini worlds between levels and so on, I don't mind the one big world of New York in Marvel 1, I dug it, but I prefer my Lego games to be as chill and simple as possible, level 1, 2, 3, etc and a hub world in which to go pick a level. I don't know. I'm aware most of my points don't make a lot of sense right now, I just got up and am probably a bit more full of shit than I realize, but I'm just not that interested so far in Lego Marvel 2. Like, the second Spider-Gwen popped up I'm like uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh whyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

It's almost like these games are made with kids in mind. ;)

I know what you mean. I've played almost all the LEGO games, and I find that I enjoy them more or less depending on the source material. Also, sometime the open world environments just feel lifeless. I agreed about LEGO Avengers, I thought it was much worse than LEGO Marvel 1. I did love TFA though.

LEGO City Undercover is really the only game in the series (I guess LEGO Worlds too, but I haven't played that yet) to change the formula up a lot. It's less about hub areas or one big area with levels, than it is GTA in LEGO form. And it's great. I'd love to see another game in that vein. Oh speaking of which, did you get farther in the Switch version? Did you run across any Nintendo cameos? I'm still leaning towards not double-dipping, but I've seen the Switch version go on sale several times recently. If it leaves out the Nintendo references like the PS4/X1 remasters did, that's enough for me to write off the Switch version. But if it still has those unique Nintendo references, that might be enough to push me to buy it at a good price.

20 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I'm aware most of my points don't make a lot of sense right now, I just got up and am probably a bit more full of shit than I realize

So... I am very disappointed in the internet right now. I wanted to post a clip or GIF from Bob's Burgers but I can't find the appropriate one. Anyway, if you watched the show in the early days (S1 I think), Bob talked about his "morning meeting". Your comment made me think of that... there, joke ruined by explaining via text. THANKS FOR NOTHING, INTERNET!

17 hours ago, soniq said:

What control method do you guys use in docked mode? I mainly use the Joycons to play Mario Odyssey, but find it to be less precise than I want it to be. When I press up on the stick, Mario never really runs in the straight line I want him to run. Always a little to the left or right, which makes jumping rather frustrating because I never seem to land where I want to. Don't have that with Mario Galaxy (Nunchuck has that great octagonal gate for the stick) or other 3rd person games that I play with Dualshock- or Xboxcontrollers.

Anybody who had a similar problem? I'm thinking of getting a Pro Controller. While I love that I can lie on the couch and can hold a Joycon in each hand, I think it's not ideal for me to get the precision needed in a game like Mario.

Mayflash NS Special. Or whatever it's called. It's Mayflash NS something or other. It's an adapter you plug into the dock's USB port, lets you hook up a PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, etc. controller and use it in the Switch. I've got a Wii U Pro Controller on mine, since I wasn't gonna be using the Wii U any time soon and won't have to worry about resyncing, and it's awesome. Zero lag, better wireless support than my (original, now replaced) Joy Con, and I can pick the controller I want. Plus, I mean, I'm using a Nintendo product, so I'm a bit less of a heretic I guess. Anyway, look into one of those man, I got mine for about 25 I think, much cheaper than the 110 they want for the Splatoon remote for Switch.

9 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I know what you mean. I've played almost all the LEGO games, and I find that I enjoy them more or less depending on the source material. Also, sometime the open world environments just feel lifeless. I agreed about LEGO Avengers, I thought it was much worse than LEGO Marvel 1. I did love TFA though.

LEGO City Undercover is really the only game in the series (I guess LEGO Worlds too, but I haven't played that yet) to change the formula up a lot. It's less about hub areas or one big area with levels, than it is GTA in LEGO form. And it's great. I'd love to see another game in that vein. Oh speaking of which, did you get farther in the Switch version? Did you run across any Nintendo cameos? I'm still leaning towards not double-dipping, but I've seen the Switch version go on sale several times recently. If it leaves out the Nintendo references like the PS4/X1 remasters did, that's enough for me to write off the Switch version. But if it still has those unique Nintendo references, that might be enough to push me to buy it at a good price.

So... I am very disappointed in the internet right now. I wanted to post a clip or GIF from Bob's Burgers but I can't find the appropriate one. Anyway, if you watched the show in the early days (S1 I think), Bob talked about his "morning meeting". Your comment made me think of that... there, joke ruined by explaining via text. THANKS FOR NOTHING, INTERNET!

I liked TFA, but OG Lego Star Wars was my first, so I was rooting for a mute come back and no open world and all that. I enjoyed TFA's Lego game, but tbh TFA wasn't my favorite Star Wars movie by a long shot, so I was already going into it a bit like eh. I enjoy TFA, the movie, and am pumped as shit for Last Jedi (midnight tickets ordered the second they were available), but I just didn't dig it that much on PS4. On Vita I thought it was a really cool game and great for on the go, but on PS4 I still haven't bothered to finish it. Franchise burnout, and having already beat what is largely the same game to 100% will do that to you though. I would say TFA Lego was a lot better than Jurassic, Avengers, and whatever other ones I played in recent times.

I forgot about Undercover, that right there is proof I'm not *completely* burned out on Lego games I guess. I ended up clocking it, haven't gone back for the 100% yet, but beat the main story ages ago. There was the odd thing, I think one of the orange fishes from Mario popped up, but I don't really recall much else, but like I said, I'm yet to 100% so I may have just not found any yet. I'm only about 30 something percent done IIRC.

I watched Bob here and there, it's like King of the Hill to me. I like it, I think it's fine, but I'm gonna end up watching the big boys most of the time anyway and like, end up years behind on the other ones. I do enjoy watching re-runs whenever they're on though, but like, I'll seen an episode or two once every few months at most.

3 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Mayflash NS Special. Or whatever it's called. It's Mayflash NS something or other. It's an adapter you plug into the dock's USB port, lets you hook up a PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, etc. controller and use it in the Switch. I've got a Wii U Pro Controller on mine, since I wasn't gonna be using the Wii U any time soon and won't have to worry about resyncing, and it's awesome. Zero lag, better wireless support than my (original, now replaced) Joy Con, and I can pick the controller I want. Plus, I mean, I'm using a Nintendo product, so I'm a bit less of a heretic I guess. Anyway, look into one of those man, I got mine for about 25 I think, much cheaper than the 110 they want for the Splatoon remote for Switch.

Thanks, will look into it. I have their Dolphin Bar for PC and that is great too! Will also try a Pro Controller later today and see how that feels.

yooka-laylee-1-1-656x369.jpg

Well, looks like it's finally happening.

I was all set on not getting the game any more since it took so long, but I guess I might still get it.

I could get it for PS4 retail for €13 though, so I'm not too happy with buying it digital for€40.

Poll thoughts:

Look @Super-Fly Spider-Guy, more people playing Splatoon!

Hmmmm, there's more people preferring docked over handheld than the other way around. I think that's unexpected because the Nintendo stats show that in general more people prefer handheld mode, and since we're on PSNP I'm expecting most to have a PS4 by now, I thought people would be even more interested in using it as a handheld here.

10 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I liked TFA, but OG Lego Star Wars was my first, so I was rooting for a mute come back and no open world and all that. I enjoyed TFA's Lego game, but tbh TFA wasn't my favorite Star Wars movie by a long shot, so I was already going into it a bit like eh. I enjoy TFA, the movie, and am pumped as shit for Last Jedi (midnight tickets ordered the second they were available), but I just didn't dig it that much on PS4. On Vita I thought it was a really cool game and great for on the go, but on PS4 I still haven't bothered to finish it. Franchise burnout, and having already beat what is largely the same game to 100% will do that to you though. I would say TFA Lego was a lot better than Jurassic, Avengers, and whatever other ones I played in recent times.

I forgot about Undercover, that right there is proof I'm not *completely* burned out on Lego games I guess. I ended up clocking it, haven't gone back for the 100% yet, but beat the main story ages ago. There was the odd thing, I think one of the orange fishes from Mario popped up, but I don't really recall much else, but like I said, I'm yet to 100% so I may have just not found any yet. I'm only about 30 something percent done IIRC.

I hear ya. Sometimes the open world environments are too large and hard to get into. And I agree about TFA; it was a good movie but I thought the story was fairly weak. Without the nostalgia it would have been only average. And I know I'll sound crazy for saying this, but I think the story of Phantom Menace is at least more interesting than TFA. Yes, the Prequels are very flawed films, but the overarching story of Palpatine orchestrating the downfall of the Jedi by starting the Clone Wars, where he was basically controlling both sides of the war... that was a pretty cool story, and certainly different from the norm. TFA's story was basically a rehash of Episode 4, which is fine, but it wasn't this amazing story. I think the main advantage it had, is that unlike the Prequels, it had very promising new characters. Ewan, Sam, and Natalie were fine in the prequels, but they didn't have a lot to work with. I think Rey, Finn, and Poe had much better dialog in TFA, and I look forward to seeing them grow in Last Jedi and Episode 9.

I hope we get a new SW LEGO game on Switch, although it will likely be the open world format you dislike. Undercover is different to me, it felt fresh compared to most of the recent LEGO games. And I'm glad to hear the Switch version still has some Nintendo stuff in it. I'll probably double dip when it's down to $20 or so.

10 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I watched Bob here and there, it's like King of the Hill to me. I like it, I think it's fine, but I'm gonna end up watching the big boys most of the time anyway and like, end up years behind on the other ones. I do enjoy watching re-runs whenever they're on though, but like, I'll seen an episode or two once every few months at most.

I agree about Bob's Burgers; I haven't watched any episodes in several years. Although to be fair I don't watch any of the "big boys" now either. I can't bring myself to watch NuSimpsons regularly, and I lost interest in Family Guy. South Park is a show I never got into. I liked Archer at first but I haven't kept up with it. I'm several years behind on that as well.

Anyway, I am vastly disappointed that I can't find a clip or GIF from the gag I was referencing. It's an early episode where Bob mentions having trouble with his "morning meeting", which was a euphemism for his daily AM poop. When you said "it's early and I'm a bit more full of shit than I realize" it sprung to mind, because in my mind you hadn't had your morning meeting yet! What can I say, I love potty humor and I can't believe that BB gag didn't catch on as a catchphrase. Or maybe since this is a Switch forum, we can start saying "Switch Toilet Break" or something... nobody? Just me? Wait, why am I being blocked???

5 hours ago, Cubone said:

Well, looks like it's finally happening.

I was all set on not getting the game any more since it took so long, but I guess I might still get it.

I could get it for PS4 retail for €13 though, so I'm not too happy with buying it digital for€40.

Poll thoughts:

Look @Super-Fly Spider-Guy, more people playing Splatoon!

Hmmmm, there's more people preferring docked over handheld than the other way around. I think that's unexpected because the Nintendo stats show that in general more people prefer handheld mode, and since we're on PSNP I'm expecting most to have a PS4 by now, I thought people would be even more interested in using it as a handheld here.

I wondered if you were going to jump on Yooka-Laylee for Switch. I'm still not convinced it's for me, and I know the initial release got a lot of negative buzz. But I read an interview with the developers yesterday and they seem committed to the Switch version fixing bugs and glitches, so that's positive at least.

I agree about the docked preference. Maybe most of the "handheld friendly" gamers here are stubbornly holding onto the Vita and don't see the appeal of the Switch? Personally, I have room for both in my gaming world... as my backlog builds up on every system I own. :P

Edited by MosesRockefeller

33 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I wondered if you were going to jump on Yooka-Laylee for Switch. I'm still not convinced it's for me, and I know the initial release got a lot of negative buzz. But I read an interview with the developers yesterday and they seem committed to the Switch version fixing bugs and glitches, so that's positive at least.

I want to eventually play the game, surely. And I will definitely get it on the Switch in the end, digitally. Though I do not want to pay €40 now, which I definitely would have done if the game had been released in June or somewhere back then. I mean, it's literally on sale on PS4 in a store near me for €15 new, €13 used. For that money I can play it on PS4, sell it for about the same price (it seems to go for €15-€20 used), and buy it on the Switch for keeps a year or two to three from now if it's on a digital sale for €10.

I mean, come on, I'm willing to sponsor devs for a bit but €40 digital on Switch versus €15 new retail on PS4 is not a real choice. That's a playthrough on PS4 now, and a second playthrough and multiplayer on Switch a year or two later.

Just to be clear, there were some issues with the game when it was released but most of the negative views on the game came from people being dumb. The devs stated they wanted to go back to Banjo-Kazooie and make a third game like that and people did not take it at face value. People expected an updated upgrade like Super Mario Odyssey to Super Mario 64 or LoZ: BotW to LoZ: OoT, but all the Yooka-Laylee devs ever said was they wanted to make a retro collect-a-thon game like they used to do. That's what they delivered, warts and all. I can respect that, and it's why I'll still buy the game on the Switch digitally at some point. I just feel that the difference is too big in this example.

... I don't know, I'm conflicted. I mean, I also bought Skyrim for €60 on the Switch and it's €30 new, €20 used on PS4. That's a €40 difference right there.

I agree about the docked preference. Maybe most of the "handheld friendly" gamers here are stubbornly holding onto the Vita and don't see the appeal of the Switch? Personally, I have room for both in my gaming world... as my backlog builds up on every system I own. :P

Yeah I do remember someone saying the Vita was easier to take along in their pocket... Personally, I sold the Vita in preparation for the Switch as I just knew I'd never touch it again. Being able to play on handheld away from home the exact same stuff as I was playing on a home console was too big a priority for me.