Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

209 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

23 hours ago, Cubone said:

The pixels are very close to your eyes. It looks to me like a mesh between me and the world, I'm not too bothered by it but not everyone can stand it.

Well yeah, if Skyrim doesn't interest you then don't keep it. I think it would be brilliant.

Oh. I thought there was some stupid mesh hat thing you had to wear under the helmet or something, this is much more doable.

I will agree I think the game would be great in VR, it just doesn't really interest me. I will definitely pick it up on Switch somewhere down the line though, solely because a game of that scale being portable is something I want to see.

Also, me and ZimZum represent #REALSwitchGamers right here with 30+, all y'all are just casuals.

I like that no one played 1 2 Switch... but am I seriously the only one here who played Arms and Splatoon? Like, I'll admit, I rented Arms and didn't care that much for it, but Splatoon? Really?

3 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Also, me and ZimZum represent #REALSwitchGamers right here with 30+, all y'all are just casuals.

I like that no one played 1 2 Switch... but am I seriously the only one here who played Arms and Splatoon? Like, I'll admit, I rented Arms and didn't care that much for it, but Splatoon? Really?

Yeah, I'm totally a #FAKESwitchGamer. I don't even really have a Switch. I just played a few games at a friend's house and sent screenshots from his Switch. I'm a total fraud. :P

As for Splatoon 2, it's like Battlefront 2 for me. I'd play it for the singleplayer content only, so neither game is really worth $60 to me. I would probably grab Splatoon 2 for $40, but so far it hasn't had any real sales. Maybe I should do a Gamefly rental or something.

I'm really, really liking Skyrim.

Load-in graphics were a bit vague at the start of the game and then again once you fell to the ground and stood back up, making me fear that it would happen often but that was the last time I noticed something like this.might happen once or twice when switching from "no control cutscenes" to having control again in the few story missions that employ this but I'm not too worried. I've been going for over six hours now and it all looks and plays great.

On 20/11/2017 at 2:07 PM, MosesRockefeller said:

Well, I finished the story in Super Mario Odyssey and finished the 100th regular puzzle in Picross S (which combined with my handful of puzzles in Mega Picross, means I'm close to halfway through overall).

I've had such a great time with SMO. What a fantastic game.

@Cubone:

Reveal hidden contents

You must have gotten a kick out of Mushroom Kingdom and the SM64 skin and SM64-style portraits. I thought that was a cool bit of nostalgia, without going overboard. I spent a lot of time there and I'll go back at some point as I clean up collectibles in the game.

To the people I've seen online, complaining that the game is too easy... they're wrong. Sure, the game is no Super Meat Boy, but it does a great job of balancing the bulk of the game being accessible (with a fair share of moderately tricky parts).

Also:

Reveal hidden contents

I just got 250 Power Moons and unlocked The Dark Side world. Holy crap, that boss gauntlet at the beginning is no joke! "The game isn't challenging at all"... idiots. My skills may not be up to the task in this gauntlet, especially since there is no shop beforehand to buy a +3 heart upgrade.

Yeah I really liked that world you think I'd like. Also really enjoyed the final part of the New Donk City story missions.

I'm not playing Mario games to be challenged but I would not have minded a bit of an extra challenge in platforming. Well, at least there is a new Shovel Knight story incoming.

I voted in the new poll. My choices should be obvious to most people here. I guessed at 10-19 titles, since that seems about right.

One more thing to note. I played a fair amount of SMO this weekend docked with the Pro Controller. That controller is really great; I haven't used it a lot because of my preference for docked mode, but it's a fantastic controller. Also, I finally "Switched" from handheld to docked to handheld, all in one gaming session. I think that's the first time I've done that. I'm loving this system, and I think I am now at the point that I will prefer it in almost every multiplatform game. There may be exceptions but I can't think of any right now. I'm already making the Switch with LEGO games since I'll be getting the Ninjago one on sale from Best Buy in the Black Friday sale. And I will eventually get Doom, LA Noire, and Skyrim for it, although I'll wait for a price drop since those are lower priorities for me. I may actually get Wolfenstein 2 at full price.

I prefer the Switch in many occasions now, to the point of getting Skyrim on the Switch (which I'd call "graphics heavy", and of whichI thought half a year ago that I'd still get it on the PS4). Gaming wherever is just so convenient...

20 hours ago, Shiny Suicune said:

Also btw they are all retail except the regular Snipperclips o.o. Yea....I am not anytime soon going digital xD

My only non-digital titles were Zelda and +Rabbids. I'm really green :) and it's sooooo convenient to have everything on there right away...

I honestly haven't played a gamestyle like Thimbleweed Park so I might try it.

Day Of The Tentacle was on PS+ in January last year, maybe you have it?

Yea Golf Story looks interesting and Stardew Valley as well :). Always open to different games.

Both are pretty great, I think. Nothing like the stuff Iusually play.

ALSO HOW DO YOU GUYS PLAY THAT PICROSS? I get so lost in that T.T(I don't own on on the Switch only in 3DS)

On my 3DS I have a pokemon version and still I am terrible 

@MosesRockefeller already said this but I've got enough pen-and-paper practice in puzzles of these and other kinds.

6 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I will agree I think the game would be great in VR, it just doesn't really interest me. I will definitely pick it up on Switch somewhere down the line though, solely because a game of that scale being portable is something I want to see.

It looks great, but isn't Zelda also a game of that scale? Though of course Skyrim has much more dialogue.

6 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I think I'm at 28-29 games right now, demo games excluded.

I'm not a fan of online multiplayer so Splatoon doesn't have much for me. I do know though that you're not the only one in this thread who has played Splatoon.

On 20/11/2017 at 2:23 PM, Kailunee said:

Purchased a Switch about a month ago with Mario Kart 8 and Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

I watched streams of Super Mario Odyssey on the day it was released and had the impulse to hit up an EBGames for one a couple days after. 

Currently have a love/hate relationship with BoTW because it has been the most infuriating game thus far. Either Zelda has become significantly more challenging since Wind Waker or I have become shitty at video games (; ̄д ̄)Probably the latter.

But for the most part, I absolutely love the fact that I can have it portable or docked and will probably purchase Odyssey eventually. Sometimes I wish I had gotten that one instead...but I am also terrible at platformers. 

Welcome! And feel free to play Odyssey if you're usually bad at platformers. You probably won't 100% it then but you should be able to get to the end, it's not that hard of a platformer.

1 hour ago, Cubone said:

Yeah I really liked that world you think I'd like. Also really enjoyed the final part of the New Donk City story missions.

Are you talking about

Spoiler

Getting the band together for Pauline and then doing the "flat" 2D section around the stage? That was pretty cool.

1 hour ago, Cubone said:

I'm not playing Mario games to be challenged but I would not have minded a bit of an extra challenge in platforming. Well, at least there is a new Shovel Knight story incoming.

I feel like the game has a great balance between challenge and accessibility. Even with just 260-ish power moons, there have been some pretty tricky sections for me. I played one 2D part (in the first post-story Kingdom I think) where leaving the shadow or lit-up areas would pop you back out into the 3D area. I must have retried that at least a dozen times before I was able to barely get through it. I'm no platforming ace, but I think the SMO producers made the right choice in making it accessible to almost everyone. Based on what I've seen, getting all the power moons has its fair share of challenging parts.

Can I take a minute to talk about how great the mix of 2D/3D gameplay is in SMO? The first time I played a flat 2D part, I had a big smile on my face. But I think the key to that element of gameplay being successful, is that it's not overused. There are a handful of power moons in each Kingdom that involve moving through a 2D area; overall 2D is probably less than 10% of the power moons. But what's there is great. Even the area I mentioned above (where I was getting frustrated at my repeated failures) never made me hate it. I had to admire the creativity of that area and now I view it as a challenge I finished.

1 hour ago, Cubone said:

I prefer the Switch in many occasions now, to the point of getting Skyrim on the Switch (which I'd call "graphics heavy", and of whichI thought half a year ago that I'd still get it on the PS4). Gaming wherever is just so convenient...

D'oh! Seeing my post quoted by you made me realize my mistake. I of course meant that I have a preference for HANDHELD mode, not docked. But I am starting to appreciate docked mode more. It gives me an excuse to use the Pro controller, which as I said before I'm liking a lot.

1 hour ago, Cubone said:

I'm really, really liking Skyrim.

Load-in graphics were a bit vague at the start of the game and then again once you fell to the ground and stood back up, making me fear that it would happen often but that was the last time I noticed something like this.might happen once or twice when switching from "no control cutscenes" to having control again in the few story missions that employ this but I'm not too worried. I've been going for over six hours now and it all looks and plays great.

It's good to hear that you're enjoying Skyrim, and the couple of reviews I read back up that opinion. I'll definitely get the Switch version at some point in the future.

Best Buy had a few of their Switch games on sale early this week (prior to the Black Friday sale), so I picked up Rayman Origins, LEGO Ninjago Movie the Game of the Movie of the Cartoon of the Toys (TM), and Super Bomberman R (the first 2 were $20, Bomberman was $25). Sadly Disgaea was sold out and Puyo Puyo Tetris was $30. Most websites are reporting that Tetris is supposed to be $20 on Black Friday, so hopefully my initial information that it is $30 is wrong. I'd love to get that for $20. The actual sale starts on Thursday so we'll see if I can get Disgaea and PP Tetris (if the price drops, $30 is too high I think). I'm also holding out hope for a decent eShop sale on multiple titles, but that is probably unrealistic. I'd prefer to get all 5 of these games digital if the price was the same, and I won't open the 3 I already ordered from Best Buy for a while yet (so they can be returned if needed). But even PSN doesn't usually have sales that good on new games. We'll see.

Edited by MosesRockefeller

1 hour ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Are you talking about

Reveal hidden contents

Getting the band together for Pauline and then doing the "flat" 2D section around the stage? That was pretty cool.

Yes I am. Loved that part when I played it the first time and I have since discovered a person that lets you replay it if you talk to him.

I feel like the game has a great balance between challenge and accessibility. Even with just 260-ish power moons, there have been some pretty tricky sections for me. I played one 2D part (in the first post-story Kingdom I think) where leaving the shadow or lit-up areas would pop you back out into the 3D area. I must have retried that at least a dozen times before I was able to barely get through it. I'm no platforming ace, but I think the SMO producers made the right choice in making it accessible to almost everyone. Based on what I've seen, getting all the power moons has its fair share of challenging parts.

I agree that the title has been put together quite well, I was just stating my personal preference. 3D Mario gaming has never been that hard, and even a bunch of the 2D games was pretty easy (looking at you, Super Mario World for all parts except the challenge levels and the triceratops bosses).

Can I take a minute to talk about how great the mix of 2D/3D gameplay is in SMO? The first time I played a flat 2D part, I had a big smile on my face. But I think the key to that element of gameplay being successful, is that it's not overused. There are a handful of power moons in each Kingdom that involve moving through a 2D area; overall 2D is probably less than 10% of the power moons. But what's there is great. Even the area I mentioned above (where I was getting frustrated at my repeated failures) never made me hate it. I had to admire the creativity of that area and now I view it as a challenge I finished.

Yeah the 2D is there often enough but not too often. It did make me want some more 2D Mario though.

Oh, on that point...

VS Super Mario Bros, the upcoming Arcade Archives port, has gotten a Japanese release date of December 22. Here's hoping that we'll get it then too because MAN do I want that game!

D'oh! Seeing my post quoted by you made me realize my mistake. I of course meant that I have a preference for HANDHELD mode, not docked. But I am starting to appreciate docked mode more. It gives me an excuse to use the Pro controller, which as I said before I'm liking a lot.

Completely read past that part as I focussed on your next point about the Switch being your preferred system (as it now is mine). I already knew you preferred handheld mode so I skimmed that part and got the gist of it.

It's weird how I often prefer handheld mode too now, though. I'm not used to that sentiment.

It's good to hear that you're enjoying Skyrim, and the couple of reviews I read back up that opinion. I'll definitely get the Switch version at some point in the future.

Yeah, I'm loving it and I'm glad I bought it right away and showed support. Screw Battlefront II and L.A. Noire.

Best Buy had a few of their Switch games on sale early this week (prior to the Black Friday sale), so I picked up Rayman Origins, LEGO Ninjago Movie the Game of the Movie of the Cartoon of the Toys (TM), and Super Bomberman R (the first 2 were $20, Bomberman was $25). Sadly Disgaea was sold out and Puyo Puyo Tetris was $30. Most websites are reporting that Tetris is supposed to be $20 on Black Friday, so hopefully my initial information that it is $30 is wrong. I'd love to get that for $20. The actual sale starts on Thursday so we'll see if I can get Disgaea and PP Tetris (if the price drops, $30 is too high I think). I'm also holding out hope for a decent eShop sale on multiple titles, but that is probably unrealistic. I'd prefer to get all 5 of these games digital if the price was the same, and I won't open the 3 I already ordered from Best Buy for a while yet (so they can be returned if needed). But even PSN doesn't usually have sales that good on new games. We'll see.

Hoping for some good digital sales this weekend. Though I couldn't tell what games I'd prefer to see.

1 hour ago, Cubone said:

Welcome! And feel free to play Odyssey if you're usually bad at platformers. You probably won't 100% it then but you should be able to get to the end, it's not that hard of a platformer.

That's another issue: I have a completionist mentality and can often get discouraged in games ;-; 

But Odyssey looks great regardless and would definitely be fun with how you can be nearly anything in the game. 

I would have a field day being a dinosaur. 

Man, I'm just not getting enough gaming time. I'm already failing in the PSNP events I'm in but I also have precious little time for the Switch. Tried playing a bit of Skyrim yesterday but I was too tired, so my two days of Stardew Valley in the morning is all I managed to do.

Hoping I get some more gaming time today.

12 hours ago, Kailunee said:

That's another issue: I have a completionist mentality and can often get discouraged in games ;-; 

But Odyssey looks great regardless and would definitely be fun with how you can be nearly anything in the game. 

I would have a field day being a dinosaur. 

Odyssey has a couple of "hard" parts but for the most it's not difficult at all, it's more about exploring.

5 hours ago, Cubone said:

Man, I'm just not getting enough gaming time. I'm already failing in the PSNP events I'm in but I also have precious little time for the Switch. Tried playing a bit of Skyrim yesterday but I was too tired, so my two days of Stardew Valley in the morning is all I managed to do.

Hoping I get some more gaming time today.

I know the feeling. I enjoyed the last KYC event but I didn't bother joining the current one because I wanted to focus on Switch and finishing up AC Syndicate.

I think Picross S is a great game to knock out a puzzle or two, even if I don't have time for anything else. Once I finish with it, I hope I can find a similar puzzle game to take its place.

8 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I know the feeling. I enjoyed the last KYC event but I didn't bother joining the current one because I wanted to focus on Switch and finishing up AC Syndicate.

I figured I could use the new KYC to get rid of some of the games that have been in my backlog for ages. Going pretty well, so far, except for falling behind.

8 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I think Picross S is a great game to knock out a puzzle or two, even if I don't have time for anything else. Once I finish with it, I hope I can find a similar puzzle game to take its place.

Yeah, i hope there will be more "pen and paper" puzzlers on the Switch too.

Also, Stardew Valley. Perfect in short bursts.

@Super-Fly Spider-Guy I just might buy PSVR myself in the Black Friday sale.

Normal price for a bland set here is €400. Black Friday sale: €290 for the set that includes a camera, GT Sport and VR Worlds, normal price for this set is €440.

Now I have zero interest in Sport/Worlds and I already have a camera but I could easily sell these on, store value would be €45 total (provided the games aren't download codes or discs in sleeves), bringing the set price down to €245.

I really liked VR when I tried it and bought a set day one at full price, but it and its replacement had the same defect, causing me to give up on PSVR for that time, figured I'd get a new set once everything cooled down and there was less of a rush in the fabrication of new sets.

Combined with that we now get a PSVR game each PS+ month, and that there are more games available, it might just be worth it to get back into the VR.

It also helps to give the PS4 something unique to play now that I'm mostly on my Switch the rest of the time.

Edited by Cubone

Well, Merry SwitchMas to me! 

Over the past few days I've jumped on Switch game deals for Black Friday (they seem to go on sale earlier and earlier now, Black Friday is actually tomorrow and I'm already done with the deals). 

Here's what I got: 

Best Buy

Super Bomberman R $25

Rayman Legends $20

LEGO Ninjago Movie The Videogame $20

eShop

Puyo Puyo Tetris $25

Rive $12 (not part of the BF deal, but it was on sale)

I also grabbed Phoenix Wright Spirit of Justice on the 3DS eShop, for $15. 

There were a few PS4 and Blu-ray deals I grabbed, but nobody cares about those, right? 

Sadly BB had PP Tetris for $30 as I originally saw, so for once the eShop deal was the best. I was hoping for $20 but 25 wasn't bad. I intended to grab Disgaea 5 Complete for $20 also, but Best Buy's stock went fast at that price. I checked at midnight this morning and it wasn't on sale yet, and by the time I woke up around 6, it was sold out. 

@MosesRockefeller congrats on the sales! I'd buy Bomberman if it would go for $25 (fairly) converted to Euros.

@Super-Fly Spider-Guy so Retro City Rampage is 34% off now on the eShop, €9,89 instead of €14,99. Do you feel like the game would be worth it at that price? I'm not that into faux retro 8-bit but per exception I loved Shovel Knight and enjoyed Axiom Verge. I know RCR goes on for super cheap on PSN but I think I have zero interest to play the game on the big screen.

On 11/22/2017 at 1:21 AM, MosesRockefeller said:

Yeah, I'm totally a #FAKESwitchGamer. I don't even really have a Switch. I just played a few games at a friend's house and sent screenshots from his Switch. I'm a total fraud. :P

As for Splatoon 2, it's like Battlefront 2 for me. I'd play it for the singleplayer content only, so neither game is really worth $60 to me. I would probably grab Splatoon 2 for $40, but so far it hasn't had any real sales. Maybe I should do a Gamefly rental or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNGZo5gn_tc

20 hours ago, Cubone said:

@Super-Fly Spider-Guy I just might buy PSVR myself in the Black Friday sale.

Combined with that we now get a PSVR game each PS+ month, and that there are more games available, it might just be worth it to get back into the VR.

I jumped in on the Vita because of the Plus games I stacked up, here's hoping they keep coming for VR too.

On 11/22/2017 at 3:21 AM, Cubone said:

It looks great, but isn't Zelda also a game of that scale? Though of course Skyrim has much more dialogue.

Look man, I loved the new Zelda, thought it was dope and had a bawl. But that is a DAMN tiny game. Nice size open world, sure, but there's like 10 missions or so in total and there's no audible dialogue and the story is pretty much inconsequential (You're frozen, the princess is protecting you, go fight the bad guy, don't forget to recruit those 4 dudes, the end) too, so thank fuck the game was a blast to play, because if I was just there for a compelling story and world I would return the thing.

12 hours ago, Cubone said:

@Super-Fly Spider-Guy so Retro City Rampage is 34% off now on the eShop, €9,89 instead of €14,99. Do you feel like the game would be worth it at that price? I'm not that into faux retro 8-bit but per exception I loved Shovel Knight and enjoyed Axiom Verge. I know RCR goes on for super cheap on PSN but I think I have zero interest to play the game on the big screen.

Yes and no. I think it's worth 15 bones if you've never touched it, and will enjoy it. But if you're not super stoked on the style, I mean, Shakedown Hawaii is right around the corner (hopefully) and the thing is on sale all the time every where else, everywhere else. The game is pretty short admittedly, and the open world is far from huge. I personally wouldn't pay that for it, but I own the thing already. I'm gonna be grabbing the physical version sometime soon as they've said they're working on a restock in the coming weeks and 40 odd for that delivered seems better to me than 22.50 for a digital copy I don't need (no sale here...yet). 

tl;dr: fuck it, just wait for Shakedown, can't imagine it'll be a fortune.

10 hours ago, Cubone said:

You know what, never mind, I'll just get Retro City Rampage.

... My mistake was listening to the OST. B)

Oh yeah, I love the soundtrack. I got an exclusive 3DS theme with the main theme playing constantly in the background from Humble Bundle ages ago, it's great. Well, since you've got it anyway, I hope you enjoy it, though I think my above points still stand.

2 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I jumped in on the Vita because of the Plus games I stacked up, here's hoping they keep coming for VR too.

Exactly why I got a Vita. I eventually stopped playing because it hurt my hands and because I never played at home, so I always needed to find a game just for the holidays and finish it right away.

Yes and no. I think it's worth 15 bones if you've never touched it, and will enjoy it. But if you're not super stoked on the style, I mean, Shakedown Hawaii is right around the corner (hopefully) and the thing is on sale all the time every where else, everywhere else. The game is pretty short admittedly, and the open world is far from huge. I personally wouldn't pay that for it, but I own the thing already. I'm gonna be grabbing the physical version sometime soon as they've said they're working on a restock in the coming weeks and 40 odd for that delivered seems better to me than 22.50 for a digital copy I don't need (no sale here...yet). 

tl;dr: fuck it, just wait for Shakedown, can't imagine it'll be a fortune.

I'll end up buying Shakedown as well, I'm guessing. Love that art style a lot more so if I enjoy everything in RCR that is not graphics, I might get Shakedown day one.

And yeah I never played the game before, it's all new for me.

Oh yeah, I love the soundtrack. I got an exclusive 3DS theme with the main theme playing constantly in the background from Humble Bundle ages ago, it's great. Well, since you've got it anyway, I hope you enjoy it, though I think my above points still stand.

I hope I enjoy it too. Played a few minutes last night and it's very funny, at least.

1 hour ago, Cubone said:

@Super-Fly Spider-Guy don't know if this is a better deal than you got but I just bought a PSVR set for €160, much better deal in my eyes than a €290 set with a camera I already have and two games I don't want. I also got Farpoint plus AIM controller for €50.

€160 is about 250 in AUD. I'm paying 333 for mine delivered, and am probably gonna flip Skyrim and VR Worlds for 60/70 odd if I'm lucky. Shipping was 10 bucks of that cost too, so 330 take 70 is 260, then take another 10 is 250. Mind you I'm bending the numbers a bit, but give or take it's not too far off yours. And as far as the Aussie prices go, this is legit good still. But nah, I hope you have fun with yours man. Do you get any games in that deal or?

3 hours ago, Cubone said:

Exactly why I got a Vita. I eventually stopped playing because it hurt my hands and because I never played at home, so I always needed to find a game just for the holidays and finish it right away.

I'll end up buying Shakedown as well, I'm guessing. Love that art style a lot more so if I enjoy everything in RCR that is not graphics, I might get Shakedown day one.

And yeah I never played the game before, it's all new for me.

I hope I enjoy it too. Played a few minutes last night and it's very funny, at least.

I stopped playing after beating a good 30/40 odd games and realizing nothing new was coming, and the Vita's WiFi module is just not good enough for Remote Play.

I'm definitely day one-ing it. I've been dying to get my hands on it. All I want for Christmas, is a 2017 release date.

Good sense of humour in it, yeah. I like it. It's not over the top with the jokes, but there are a lot of them. Some of the references and stuff are killer, I love the "Did Not Finish" sign about high school or college or whatever, in an obvious Duke Nukem Forever drag. 

17 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

€160 is about 250 in AUD. I'm paying 333 for mine delivered, and am probably gonna flip Skyrim and VR Worlds for 60/70 odd if I'm lucky. Shipping was 10 bucks of that cost too, so 330 take 70 is 260, then take another 10 is 250. Mind you I'm bending the numbers a bit, but give or take it's not too far off yours. And as far as the Aussie prices go, this is legit good still. But nah, I hope you have fun with yours man. Do you get any games in that deal or?

No games, just the bland set. Though I did also buy Farpoint plus AIM controller for €50, new price is €65. No shipping costs for me.

I stopped playing after beating a good 30/40 odd games and realizing nothing new was coming, and the Vita's WiFi module is just not good enough for Remote Play.

Yeah I took the Vita and PS4 with me twice when I was away without access to a television, but it's really constricting.

I'm definitely day one-ing it. I've been dying to get my hands on it. All I want for Christmas, is a 2017 release date.

Good sense of humour in it, yeah. I like it. It's not over the top with the jokes, but there are a lot of them. Some of the references and stuff are killer, I love the "Did Not Finish" sign about high school or college or whatever, in an obvious Duke Nukem Forever drag. 

I might get it day one, depends on the price. I'll see how I enjoy RCR first.

8 minutes ago, Cubone said:

No games, just the bland set. Though I did also buy Farpoint plus AIM controller for €50, new price is €65. No shipping costs for me.

Yeah I took the Vita and PS4 with me twice when I was away without access to a television, but it's really constricting.

I might get it day one, depends on the price. I'll see how I enjoy RCR first.

Nice. 

30 or under, day one for me. Any more and it's gonna piss me off, but I'll wait for a sale.

My local Smyths store is doing a great deal on the Rayman Legends game for Switch. It is about €20. Unfortunately my ass is broke until Wednesday so I don't think I'll be able to pick it up. Probably for the best cause I am dug into Rocket League at the moment. Plus I still need to collect all the moons in Mario Odyssey. Finally, I plan on getting Skyrim as soon as I get paid. So many games. It is the complete opposite of the Wii U days so I probably shouldn't complain ?

Speaking of Rocket League, they seem to have removed the crappy single player from the game and it is completely online now. Does anybody know if they have dispensed single player from other platforms like PS4 or Xbox? I'm having a blast with some of the new modes. They have introduced a mode where you can use weapons, such as freezing the ball in midair or punching your opponent halfway across the arena. It makes the game a hell of a lot more fun than it already was. I highly recommend people buy this game if they can. I double dipped as I already had it on PS4. No regrets.

6 hours ago, Gengar said:

Speaking of Rocket League, they seem to have removed the crappy single player from the game and it is completely online now. Does anybody know if they have dispensed single player from other platforms like PS4 or Xbox? I'm having a blast with some of the new modes. They have introduced a mode where you can use weapons, such as freezing the ball in midair or punching your opponent halfway across the arena. It makes the game a hell of a lot more fun than it already was. I highly recommend people buy this game if they can. I double dipped as I already had it on PS4. No regrets.

Fucking what? I would never touch the thing if it was online only, hell, I played a total of 2 online matches in my life and they were with a friend. Offline bots is all I want in the game, and the Switch having that on the go would be great, how would it even make sense to make it online only in a portable version where you won't have internet a lot of the time?

I'm glad I remembered the whole portable bit, because before then, I was worried you might actually be right. There's no way they could be that stupid.

Here's today's haul then.

Switch

Red Game Without a Great Name

Rocket League

Kid Tripp

PS4

Uncharted Lost Legacy 

Uncharted 4

WipEout Omega Collection

DriveClub VR

Ratchet and Clank

And some leftover digital money for them both.

Ended up cancelling my order on Lego Marvel 2 for Switch, as we were in the library today and they had a copy on Xbone sitting there. I'm fine to wait two weeks to play the thing, but I will not wait two weeks, while also ignoring a free Xbox copy right in front of me. I've already bought Lego City on Switch, I've done my part in showing TT that we like Lego on the Switch. 

I've honestly lost count of how many games and things I've bought this month, and outside of the impulse buy that was PS VR, it's all been covered for with surveys. I had 60 bucks left which covered 3 games on PS4 (20 a piece), then bought another at 20 with real money, then canned the Lego order so had 55 surveys back which was put onto two $30 gift cards, one for PSN and one for Switch, the Switch games were covered with that, and the 30 PSN was used on Ratchet leaving me around 10 on there as well. So I'm out of pocket 20 odd bucks for this haul, then chuck in the fact I still have nearly 10 from it on my PSN digitally now, it's really only 10 and change out of pocket as I'll use that money at a later time.

Fucking November has been great, I reckon I might actually make it through 2018 with only buying Spider-Man PS4 now (please, please, please release Shakedown Hawaii this year)