Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

211 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

50 minutes ago, CjShai said:

Firstly, I'm not attacking anyone here I always enjoy a good argument but how can you call my view offensive when you have the arrogance to assume all things should be in English. It is not the manufacturer's language, let alone the dominate language of the planet earth. I don't blame you for taking offence it is always the easiest line to take when someone is challenging. But perhaps you should check your premise, should any Japanese speaker feel inferior by extension to your logic. Now we both know you don't imply that. 

Please don't call me a troll, I have read many of your posts, and I don't resort to nastiness. I don't intend to pick a fight with you but perhaps you could show me a little respect, as I do you. I like a good argument, obviously your view is largely predicated by your current position in life. Do not be surprised that mine is likewise. 

Firstly, I'm jumping in to defend my boy Billy because I'm already here and everything he said was 100% correct.

Second, your views can definitely be taken with offense, you're telling people how they should play games and insulting their ability for not doing something to your standards.

Third, Japanese barely even makes it into the top ten most spoken languages in the world. I think it's pretty arrogant to call someone arrogant for thinking if you want to sell a game to an audience that primarily speaks English you should make the thing be in English. Especially arrogant to do it after saying everyone should enjoy the games you enjoy and go learn a whole new language because it's "not that hard", and that they are the reason the Vita failed.

Fourth, I don't blame him for taking offense either, you came in out of nowhere and insulted millions of people and blamed the death of the Vita on their tastes.

Onto my one. Well, shame you're not a troll because I can get down with that at least. But you've got a few problems nonetheless.

First, show you respect as you've shown me? You started your post literally with the words "with no due respect", so that can go right out the door.

Second, if you perceive something I've said to be nasty, well that's odd, because I was only using your logic and responding to your claims.

Third, a good argument is always fun. This isn't an argument. This is you stating something that is wrong, you insulting and placing blame on literally millions of people, two people showing up to school you, and you not being able to put two and two together.

Forth, my view? I didn't bring my view into this. Don't go assuming, it's pretty arrogant. What I wrote there, those things about Vita, are indisputable facts, not a single bit of bias or opinion... the only views and opinions really making their way in here are yours, wherein you say everyone should learn another language and buy the games only you like, and the whole thing where you imply you're a better gamer for it, and that all others are beneath you.

• Like 2

Let me toss in my two cents on the Vita. 

I love my Vita, and I play it every day. Some days I play it more than my other consoles. Right now the main game I'm playing is Persona 3 Portable,  which is a JRPG. But guess what? It's a PSP game I have on the system digitally. Now I'm not going to say I don't have actual Vita games to play, because I do, but the fact is, the library for the Vita is mostly niche Japanese games. Persona 4 Golden (an actual Vita game unlike P3P) is halfway towards being niche, but at least it's a moderately-big budget game (that happens to be Japanese) with an English voice option. However, it was part of Sony's early attempts to release what on Nintendo platforms is often called "first and second party" games. By that I mean games made by Nintendo/Sony, and games made by studios that work very closely with the console manufacturer, versus companies like EA and Ubisoft that move where the biggest audience is. The thing is, the Vita only saw a handful of those games before it moved almost completely into indie and niche games. I personally enjoy a lot of indie and niche games, but that is not enough to retain a big gaming audience. 

On the other hand, Nintendo is still releasing major first and second party games for the 3DS after all these years, even AFTER the Switch was released. That is how a manufacturer supports a system. Sony stopped doing that for the Vita a long time ago. Supporting the system would be things like them working with studios to get major new games made for the system - things like Uncharted Golden Abyss. It wouldn't have to be in-house, but they would have to push for those games to be considered as "supporting the system". Sure, marketing Japanese games is fine, but they're barely even doing that. If the Vita had even a fraction of the support that Sony gives to the PS4, people would agree that the system is being supported. I enjoy games with only Japanese voices (as long as they have English text), like Deception IV and Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus. But those games aren't pulling in big audiences the way a new Mario or Zelda do. 

So instead of major games, the Vita has niche JRPGs, visual novels, and indie games. That's fine, and my backlog for the system (whether I include PSP games or not) is pretty large. But the system is not pulling in new sales like the Switch is, and the Switch is starting to get some of the niche games that are the Vita's bread-and-butter. In the next few years, I think the Switch could easily get most of the games the Vita has, on top of all the "mainstream" games that are system sellers. The one area where it could fall short is those games that are "too Japanese" for Nintendo to market here in the west. But don't forget, even the 3DS got Senran Kagura games in the USA, and if somebody like Suda51 is in love with the Switch, it can do big things in the niche genres. 

Anyway, I am not particularly bitter at Sony for not supporting the Vita better. They chose to put their attention on the PS4, and from a marketing perspective that was probably a smart business decision. Even in an alternate universe where it got major games from launch until now, I doubt the Vita would be hugely successful. And Sony has little interest in a Vita 2.0. I do hope however, that Sony takes note of the Switch's success and investigates a hybrid system for the future. I love the way the Switch can be portable and docked, and that kind of system is much more exciting to me than stuff like VR and 4k. 

Edited by MosesRockefeller
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Sony has little interest in a Vita 2.0. I do hope however, that Sony takes note of the Switch's success and investigates a hybrid system for the future. I love the way the Switch can be portable and docked, and that kind of system is much more exciting to me than stuff like VR and 4k. 

Sweet Jeebus, could you imagine a Sony handheld with a PS3-like library and release schedule and the Switch way of docking with your television? One could only hope...

In the end, lack of games and uncomfortableness of holding weren't my biggest problems with the Vita (I had enough fun PS+ indies for the former, and have since realised there are grips for the latter). It was the problem I have with each and every handheld - Vita, 3DS and GBA alike - that when I'm at home, I usually want to play on the big screen, so my handheld gets ignored until I finally go on a holiday again. Now with the Switch it's television play, handheld play, who the hell cares, I can play the same games however I feel like.

Also, gorram, listening to Skyrim OST was a mistake. I think I have made my decision now, I want Skyrim right away and L.A. Noire can wait until Rockstar figures out a way to bring it to me either a lot cheaper and/or a lot smaller. I adore Rockstar and I love L.A. Noire so much I played through it four times already but 30MB is simply too much.

I played quite a bit of Skyrim on X360 but I never completed the main quest. On the Switch seems perfect with playing this in handheld mode, as well as not having achievements/trophies to state what I should and should not pay attention to. Just me, a huge open world and an arrow to the knee.

Edited by Cubone

So I have my Switch coming tomorrow along with a copy of Mario Kart. I am super excited to finally giving it a whirl.

I don't know if there is any type of friend code swapping thread but always keen to play with like minded people.

Other than the obvious Zelda and Mario games, anything else really worth getting?

• Like 1

@Darth__Starlord You can check in this thread for new friends:

If it's just for the Switch this thread might be better:

Depends on your own preferences. Imo Mario + Rabbids should also definetely be baught, great game. Splatoon 2, Arms are also good Options. The games you definetely should buy imo are Mario Kart 8 (you already did), Zelda, Mario Odyssey and Mario + Rabbids.

Edited by Kuro-Okami

4 minutes ago, Darth__Starlord said:

So I have my Switch coming tomorrow along with a copy of Mario Kart. I am super excited to finally giving it a whirl.

I don't know if there is any type of friend code swapping thread but always keen to play with like minded people.

Other than the obvious Zelda and Mario games, anything else really worth getting?

Welcome!

Yeah there is a friend code thread, it's pinned in the console forum.

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/46003-nintendo-switch-friend-codes-add-switch-friends/

There is enough, what kind of games do you like and do you mind playing them if you could get a version with trophies as well?

I'm currently enjoying Super Mario Odyssey and Golf Story (both exclusive to the Switch) as well as Stardew Valley (which is on PS4 as well but I love playing this in handheld mode for a few days at a time).

Fast RMX is a Nintendo exclusive futuristic racing game that I enjoyed a lot.

Games that are also on PS4 but which I bought and enjoyed on the Switch include Shovel Knight, Thimbleweed Park and Axiom Verge.

Super Mario Odyssey is what a lot of us are playing right now, and many of us have sunk dozens of hours in Zelda as well. Think most of us will get Pokémon and Metroid too once those are released in a year or two, those are the big four franchises for Nintendo I believe.

8 minutes ago, Cubone said:

Super Mario Odyssey is what a lot of us are playing right now, and many of us have sunk dozens of hours in Zelda as well. Think most of us will get Pokémon and Metroid too once those are released in a year or two, those are the big four franchises for Nintendo I believe.

There are also Kirby, Yoshi, and Fire Emblem games coming 2018 or 2019. Maybe lesser franchises but still up there. Hopefully they will all be as well-designed as SMO and Zelda BotW. 

7 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

There are also Kirby, Yoshi, and Fire Emblem games coming 2018 or 2019. Maybe lesser franchises but still up there. Hopefully they will all be as well-designed as SMO and Zelda BotW. 

Personally I will definitely get Yoshi and Kirby, and I will probably not get Fire Emblem. Yeah these are popular franchises in certain circles but they're not the heavy hitters.

To my understanding, the Switch is the only console platform that the current PC-exclusive indie Hollow Knight has been confirmed on (I think I heard the PS4 "someday" too maybe).  It's not just one of the best metroidvania games I've played, but one of my favorite games period.  Tough as nails, like the Souls games, but unlike the Souls games (IMO)... it was continually rewarding.  Played beautifully and the atmosphere was top notch too.

So keep your eyes on that one, Switch peoples.  I'm itching for a physical copy (please release a physical copy)... and to re-play it.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dreakon13 said:

To my understanding, the Switch is the only console platform that the current PC-exclusive indie Hollow Knight has been confirmed on (I think I heard the PS4 "someday" too maybe).  It's not just one of the best metroidvania games I've played, but one of my favorite games period.  Tough as nails, like the Souls games, but unlike the Souls games (IMO)... it was continually rewarding.  Played beautifully and the atmosphere was top notch too.

So keep your eyes on that one, Switch peoples.  I'm itching for a physical copy (please release a physical copy)... and to re-play it.

That one already was on my watch-list but thanks for the confirmation :)

1 hour ago, Cubone said:

Welcome!

Yeah there is a friend code thread, it's pinned in the console forum.

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/46003-nintendo-switch-friend-codes-add-switch-friends/

There is enough, what kind of games do you like and do you mind playing them if you could get a version with trophies as well?

I'm currently enjoying Super Mario Odyssey and Golf Story (both exclusive to the Switch) as well as Stardew Valley (which is on PS4 as well but I love playing this in handheld mode for a few days at a time).

Fast RMX is a Nintendo exclusive futuristic racing game that I enjoyed a lot.

Games that are also on PS4 but which I bought and enjoyed on the Switch include Shovel Knight, Thimbleweed Park and Axiom Verge.

Thanks for the reply!

I really like all types, I know that doesn't help. I was very tempted with Skyrim when it comes out, I had it on PS3 but it glitched on me after about 60 hours so never went back so might give it a go.

As I've recently had a baby I don't have hours to sit in front of my PS4 at the moment so excited with the flexibility the Switch can offer. This also means I need a few games where I can get a quick fix and don't have to sit for hours to make progress (Skyrim is a poor example of this I know lol)

I don't think I would mind playing games on the switch even if there was a trophy version, on some games I would see it as a plus as I wouldn't feel compelled to grind out boring trophies.

I'll definitely add Mario odyssey to list and I love a golf game so will check that out.

I really want to get the Mrs involved so any fun multi player games would be good. I have been looking a Snipper clips I think its called, curious if that stays fun after a few hours play? As I've

1 hour ago, Darth__Starlord said:

Thanks for the reply!

I really like all types, I know that doesn't help. I was very tempted with Skyrim when it comes out, I had it on PS3 but it glitched on me after about 60 hours so never went back so might give it a go.

As I've recently had a baby I don't have hours to sit in front of my PS4 at the moment so excited with the flexibility the Switch can offer. This also means I need a few games where I can get a quick fix and don't have to sit for hours to make progress (Skyrim is a poor example of this I know lol)

I don't think I would mind playing games on the switch even if there was a trophy version, on some games I would see it as a plus as I wouldn't feel compelled to grind out boring trophies.

I'll definitely add Mario odyssey to list and I love a golf game so will check that out.

I really want to get the Mrs involved so any fun multi player games would be good. I have been looking a Snipper clips I think its called, curious if that stays fun after a few hours play? As I've

I'm probably getting Skyrim myself, you can see me convincing myself across the last few pages :) never finished it myself either. I think Skyrim would be great without trophies as you won't be compelled to glance at the list to see what you should and should not do.

I think Stardew Valley is amazing in short bursts. I am amazed at how fun it is to play because I didn't think that much of it before I bought it. You can save at the end of each day, a day takes about twenty-thirty minutes I think. I also enjoy playing Super Mario Odyssey for a few moons each time now that I'm through the story anyway.

Golf Story is not just a golf game by the way, it's a comedy RPG posing as a golf game. Lots of fun and not that expensive.

I think I'm one of the few people here who actually played Snipperclips but me and the missus had a blast, and her brother joined in for the four player ones (which you can play with two or three people, the game lets you switch characters on the press of a button then). I'm definitely buying the DLC when it releases (next week I think), but if you don't have it yet and don't want too many downloaded games then you may want to wait for the physical version, which releases soon as well and includes the DLC stuff. I think that without the DLC stuff there is five hours or so of playtime, and that is if you never do a puzzle twice - the new content adds a challenge where you start puzzles with a random form instead of the regular one.

Now that I think about it, if you are going to download many games then you should probably buy a microSD card. I bought a 128GB one before getting the Switch, I download a lot of games and I'm at about 30GB used now, after half a year and deleting zero stuff. About one fourth of that is Mario Kart, most of the games I have are under 1GB.

Next to Snipperclips, me and the missus are also playing Picross S, which is pretty fun and has 300 puzzles for €8 (actually 150 different pictures but a regular and a mega puzzle variant). We also started on Putty Pals which was pretty cool but we only played a couple of levels so I couldn't say if it stays fun, don't think that there's more than a couple of hours of content unless you go for the challenges.

Edited by Cubone
typo

3 hours ago, Darth__Starlord said:

Nice, another Switch parent! You, @Super-Fly Spider-Guy, and I should start a club. 

The Switch is really ideal for parents. Sometimes I wish it were a bit smaller like the 3DS and Vita, so I could keep it in my pocket, but I also love the larger screen, so it's a good trade-off. 

So this is interesting. I couldn't get Twitter integration to work. I got signed up, but my Switch refuses to post on Twitter. I always get an error. So I went with Facebook integration instead, which works great. But sharing pictures from Facebook is annoying. Maybe social media fans are cool with it, but it me, it sucks. Also, why do I have to set each individual picture after uploading, to Public? That's dumb. 

Spoiler

No, Rabbid Peach, don't do it! 

23032700_1708179392534665_40489928417479

That cutscene from the first boss in Mario+Rabbids cracked me up. I wish I had a video clip of it.

Is Mario hiding, or taking a dump? 

Spoiler

23031422_1708176612534943_78334695811720

5 hours ago, Cubone said:

Personally I will definitely get Yoshi and Kirby, and I will probably not get Fire Emblem. Yeah these are popular franchises in certain circles but they're not the heavy hitters.

You know, I have never finished a Yoshi or Kirby game (the closest I came was in Yoshi's Island - GBA version, where I got to the final boss but couldn't beat him), but damn if I don't buy and try them all out. They're just so charming. I need to go back and finish some of the ones I already have, but I'm definitely getting the new ones. 

I loved Fire Emblem Awakening on 3DS, but I stopped playing the follow-up game Fates. I'll probably get the new one but I think I've moved on from that type of game somewhat. 

Metroid 4 is a no-brainer though (even though I still need to finish the first 3!). 

4 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

That game looks pretty cool to me. It's definitely on my list. I hope it doesn't end up being (what I consider) overpriced. $20 or under would be an insta-buy for me. 

2 hours ago, Cubone said:

Next to Snipperclips, me and the missus are also playing Picross S, which is pretty fun and has 300 puzzles for €8 (actually 150 different pictures but a regular and a mega puzzle variant). 

I didn't realize the pictures were the same between regular and Mega Picross. Interesting. I like playing a couple of regular levels, then doing a Mega level or two because it is a twist on the brain process. Also, I'm starting to wean myself off the Assist feature. I did have to Check Mistakes once last night though, because I had used all the moves I could and was down to a few guesses. I'm sure it could have been done without Check Mistakes, but I would have needed to get out graph paper... which I don't have. Still, I think I'm getting better at it. It's a very neat game. I downloaded the free-to-start Pokémon Picross for 3DS recently, to compare, and while it has some neat Pokémon/Nintendo hooks, the Switch version controls better since it doesn't have any mandatory touchscreen controls. Ugh, I hate that. 

For some reason it's really weird to me that Picross S can be played in Docked Mode (at least I assume it can, I haven't tried it). There's something strange about that type of game on the TV for me, partially because it's a portable series (until now). Hmm, in that sense Picross S could be a good preview for DS/3DS series moving to the Switch. 

6 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

You know, I have never finished a Yoshi or Kirby game (the closest I came was in Yoshi's Island - GBA version, where I got to the final boss but couldn't beat him), but damn if I don't buy and try them all out. They're just so charming. I need to go back and finish some of the ones I already have, but I'm definitely getting the new ones. 

I just LOVE Kirby's Dream Land on the Game Boy. I have played through that game so many times, I still have the cartridge and played it again just this year!

That second one you might remember from Smash and other entries. It was so nice hearing that music again in the reveal for the new game...

Metroid 4 is a no-brainer though (even though I still need to finish the first 3!). 

I really liked the first game and enjoyed the second (I don't respond well to not being able to walk anywhere without losing health). I'd love a port of the trilogy.

That game looks pretty cool to me. It's definitely on my list. I hope it doesn't end up being (what I consider) overpriced. $20 or under would be an insta-buy for me. 

Just noticed on howlongtobeat.com it's about twenty hours long, and it's€15 on Steam. For that price, length and recommendations I would get it day one.

I didn't realize the pictures were the same between regular and Mega Picross. Interesting. I like playing a couple of regular levels, then doing a Mega level or two because it is a twist on the brain process. Also, I'm starting to wean myself off the Assist feature. I did have to Check Mistakes once last night though, because I had used all the moves I could and was down to a few guesses. I'm sure it could have been done without Check Mistakes, but I would have needed to get out graph paper... which I don't have. Still, I think I'm getting better at it. It's a very neat game. I downloaded the free-to-start Pokémon Picross for 3DS recently, to compare, and while it has some neat Pokémon/Nintendo hooks, the Switch version controls better since it doesn't have any mandatory touchscreen controls. Ugh, I hate that. 

For some reason it's really weird to me that Picross S can be played in Docked Mode (at least I assume it can, I haven't tried it). There's something strange about that type of game on the TV for me, partially because it's a portable series (until now). Hmm, in that sense Picross S could be a good preview for DS/3DS series moving to the Switch. 

I've done all Picross gaming together with my wife and we only played in docked mode. Nice and big so you see where you are and what the other is doing.

Yeah, Picross, Pokémon... Now we need Ace Attorney!

9 hours ago, Cubone said:

I adore Rockstar and I love L.A. Noire so much I played through it four times already but 30MB is simply too much.

30mb really isn't that much, you know ;)

Also, because you mentioned Kirby later and I can't be bothered quoting twice, Dreamland was the shit. I remember like 12 or so years ago a friend who had a GBA and a couple of old Game Boy / Color games too, he had like WWF and Kirby my first introduction to the series was when we were hanging out at a park and he happened to have it on him. The thing is great, I love it to death. The 3D classics Kirby game on 3DS is great too, AFAIK the NES version was like an enhanced remake or something? Looks gorgeous either way in such vibrant color.

8 hours ago, Darth__Starlord said:

Fast RMX is a great high quality racer. 

Lego City is a hoot if you can find it for cheap.

Shovel Knight is a blast on the Switch.

Blaster Master Zero is a terrific nod to the 8 bit original.

King of Fighters (any of them, but 97 is my favorite) are great on Switch and lots of scaling options.

Mr. Shifty is a great little Hotline Miami clone, in someways better too.

NBA Playgrounds was brilliant before the mandatory patch, nowadays it's still fun but nowhere near as good as it was. 

I'll recommend some more later, but all of those right now I can firmly say "If you buy this, you will get your money's worth"

6 hours ago, Darth__Starlord said:

3 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Nice, another Switch parent! You, @Super-Fly Spider-Guy, and I should start a club. 

Ayyyy! Do yours like playing with the thing? I've tried here and there to actually play a simple game with Billie, but aside from that she loves the Switch. I've basically been keeping it to myself the last couple months and only really letting her play it when she's really upset or something, like if she's got an earache and whatnot and it's painful, like right now she's got tonsilitis, and she's being great and all, but if she ever gets uncontrollably cranky and nothing seems to calm her down, just letting her mess around on the Switch seems to get her chill every time. I usually end up with close to 100 screenshots to delete, but oh well.

Getting ready for November. Out of pocket this cost me the grand total of zero dollars. 

I traded in one of the Xbox controllers from the 360 I bought yesterday (joysticks kinda drag and only I'll be using the console anyway) and got 21 and change for it, and 2 of the 4 games they were 5 each, one got 4.20 but the other got 9.80 so profit there too overall. So basically, I spent 60 on a 360 and 4 games, then I traded one of it's controls and 2 games which brings the overall cost down to 25 bucks for an Xbox 360 with a 60gb HDD and two Call of Duty games. All in all, decent deal. Also, I'm turning this thread from a Switch thread into a bargain hunting thread.

So anyway, I had 70 odd on gift cards from old surveys and whatnot at EB, then I got the aforementioned 35 and change, so I'm at 105, then the 60 buck survey came through a day early (guess I shouldn't bother participating in the final day of it), so I'm at 165 now. Then I did a couple of quick shorter surveys on my phone while outside EB and got myself to another ten buck voucher. 

So I'll be enjoying 3 really cool looking games on Switch, and I'll be out of pocket nothing. The missus is picking up Lego Marvel as a "Christmas" present too. So all I've gotta do is pull a few surveys here and there and stack up enough for Rocket League and or Morphite and I've got every game I want from the holiday season for nothing.

23167856_851223248369356_610009434410772

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy

11 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Ayyyy! Do yours like playing with the thing? I've tried here and there to actually play a simple game with Billie, but aside from that she loves the Switch. I've basically been keeping it to myself the last couple months and only really letting her play it when she's really upset or something, like if she's got an earache and whatnot and it's painful, like right now she's got tonsilitis, and she's being great and all, but if she ever gets uncontrollably cranky and nothing seems to calm her down, just letting her mess around on the Switch seems to get her chill every time. I usually end up with close to 100 screenshots to delete, but oh well.

Mine is 3 and a half, and she doesn't have the patience to actually play. She does enjoy occasionally pushing a button to make the player character jump though. 

Last night I finally tried SMO in docked mode. My daughter and I watched as I let Mario idle, and she enjoyed seeing him yawn, sit down, then lie down. The animations are so charming, whether it's a 37 year old or a 3 year old. I gotta say, as much as I love playing in Handheld Mode, the game is really beautiful Docked. Also, some of the moves are easier to pull off with the Pro controller than in Handheld Mode (for example, the circular hat throw, where it is great for picking up circles of coins). 

I finally pulled the trigger on Golf Story, but not sure when I'll get around to playing it. 

Today in Dylan's Switch Adventures...

So I go down to the store to pick up a 15 buck eShop card with some survey points so I can throw them toward finally picking up Morphite. Picked it up no problem, until like 10 minutes later and Caitlyn realizes she's left my wallet somewhere. So anyway, about an hour passes of looking back at every store we were in, leaving contact deets with centre management, etc. and I should say this, my wallet is pretty damn chill, I've got my bank card, my license, health care card, Medicare card, Myki (which is the card you use to board public transport in Melbourne), the Working with Children's check thing, and that's about it. And my house key, and since our address is on some of my cards, not such a good thing to lose. So anyway, time passes and we call the bank to can the card and ponder changing the locks or just chilling on it. Anyway, we ring the cop shop down the road and someone handed it in like five minutes earlier which was good, didn't leave a name or anything which was a shame because I'd like to have got them dinner or something, but whatever, still kind of odd that they took it from the shops (there's a theory as to where Caitlyn lost the wallet, but this is long enough already) all the way to the police station, but I'm not complaining.

So anyway, we get back home and I've got 3 or 4 bucks left on my Switch, and I throw in the 15 and I'm sitting just under 20, and Morphite is 22.50. Easy cheesey right, pay the rest with card and move on...

Except the card is cancelled, with another coming in the mail "in a week or so", which in turn means my PayPal is useless for the moment, and all I've got left as an option are eShop cards, and since Nintendo are arse backwards and don't let you buy them online here, I can't use my survey points online and would have to leave the house a-god-damn-gain just to get 4 bucks or so worth of Nintendo money while waiting for my freaking card to come in the mail now.

So anyway, in the end I finally picked up Knight Terrors and it's pretty fun so far, worth the 4.50 odd if you're bored.

I am almost done with New Donk City (the only missing moons are the two from koopa and the second rope skipping moon), but I just can't find the final two coins. There was a pair of them near the rocket and another pair on the top of some red steel beams (I think), does anyone have an idea where I could find the rest?

Edit: The problem was solved by someone showing me this map (which is in German, but perhaps still intelligible). Unfortunately, so far only half of the worlds are covered but they seem to be updating it every now and then.

Edited by Karlsson89

The missus and I are only a couple of mega puzzles away from finishing Picross S. We're now at 25+ hours played, making it a tie for my second-most played game after Zelda (tied with Mario+Rabbids). Not bad for a game with a €8 price tag.

Stardew Valley and Super Mario Odyssey are not far behind by the way, Stardew Valley is at 20+ hours already and Mario should be somewhere around 20.

Once we finish up the last puzzles, we can go on to Putty Pals, and by the end of the week we'll have the Snipperclips DLC.

8 hours ago, Shiny Suicune said:

I started playing Fire Emblem Warriors last night, omg It is awesome xD

I pre-ordered La Noire and Snipperclips Plus xD

Going to pick up Monopoly today so I can play with the family xD

Oh man, the switch is awesome xD

Let me know what you think of L.A. Noir. I'm bummed about the file size but I might still get it in the end.

Snipperclips is cool, one of my three day one games. Will get the DLC when it releases.

Monopoly? Personally, we have an actual set at home and for holidays we're taking card games and other stuff that doesn't require much room.

But yeah, it's awesome how many games the Switch has or will get that me and the missus can play together. On PS4/X360, it was pretty much only LEGO games that we could keep playing.

19 minutes ago, Cubone said:

Let me know what you think of L.A. Noir. I'm bummed about the file size but I might still get it in the end.

I know that really sucks :( But I hope you can get it as well

Snipperclips is cool, one of my three day one games. Will get the DLC when it releases.

I bought it digitally day one but I wanted a physical copy. Plus the physical copy you get the original puzzles but you become a different shape each time making it rather interesting lol

Monopoly? Personally, we have an actual set at home and for holidays we're taking card games and other stuff that doesn't require much room.

I do have a physical board game lol Its Monopoly Gamer Mario edition. I have all pieces and its very different from the original play.

Only reason why I bought the game is so we do not have to write down everything to keep track lol. Its kinda hard for like 4 people at once, at least the game does it for us lol

But yeah, it's awesome how many games the Switch has or will get that me and the missus can play together. On PS4/X360, it was pretty much only LEGO games that we could keep playing.

I know right? I like the family style games in Switch because it is fun. You actually have fun with the family members just as if it is a board or xard game. :)