Oh boy, trophy hacking coming to PS4?

angelgrievous

2 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Buying games for trophies alone is lame enough as it is, but cheating to fill trophies?

I thought it was already bad enough as is.

Oh well, Sony will just ban these people. 

Cheat away, nerds.

Some people go so far as to paying others to unlock trophies for them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2017 at 8:57 PM, Valyrious said:

Buying games for trophies alone is lame enough as it is, but cheating to fill trophies?

I thought it was already bad enough as is.

Oh well, Sony will just ban these people. 

Cheat away, nerds.

How will they ban if they don't know who's cheating? They didn't even ban vita or PS3 save modders.

On 28/02/2017 at 3:21 PM, Doomsdayman said:

How?, You can't cheat online. You can just mod a save game.

On 04/03/2017 at 1:51 AM, ValkyrieX said:

Shouldn't affect MP.  Stats for MP are usually saved on the server side.  A Save Editor won't be able to touch those.  

Well I know game you could transfer saves from the PS3 version had issues and that affected stuff like Diablo 3 and borderlands games. I don't know exactly what the PS3 issues on stuff like CoD were but those saves were surely altered locally as a bunch of people have been talking about that game being hacked like crazy. 

Correct me if i'm wrong I don't know the details of this stuff as I'venever had any interest.

On 5-3-2017 at 6:58 PM, Superbuu3 said:

Well I know game you could transfer saves from the PS3 version had issues and that affected stuff like Diablo 3 and borderlands games. I don't know exactly what the PS3 issues on stuff like CoD were but those saves were surely altered locally as a bunch of people have been talking about that game being hacked like crazy. 

Correct me if i'm wrong I don't know the details of this stuff as I'venever had any interest.

Yes, with MW2 they could hack the save game which could alter the leaderboards and I believe the rank. Don't know about Diablo 3 and I never heard of it with Borderlands but in the end its just stuff right?

Now I also understand with games like D3 and Borderlands that you need a save game offline. Because you also want to play these games offline. But why do we have games like MW2 (don't know if they still do it) that have save games that store your online rank and leaderboards.

edit:

Except if there is no stats cap and basically can raise your stats into the infinite. But those games are really extremely rare.

Edited by Doomsdayman

Root of achievements/trophies is completion. Some games had completion meter before achievements existed. Trophies and achievements made it a whole profile thing to make it more purposeful and fun. What is the fun here ? I think playing videogames with goal is fun, directly getting platinum? Not so much as i did Sound Shapes cloud transfer thing, satisfying but not fun at all.

37 minutes ago, Doomsdayman said:

Yes, with MW2 they could hack the save game which could alter the leaderboards and I believe the rank. Don't know about Diablo 3 and I never heard of it with Borderlands but in the end its just stuff right?

Now I also understand with games like D3 and Borderlands that you need a save game offline. Because you also want to play these games offline. But why do we have games like MW2 (don't know if they still do it) that have save games that store your online rank and leaderboards.

edit:

Except if there is no stats cap and basically can raise your stats into the infinite. But those games are really extremely rare.

Just to clarify I wasn't talking in regards to trophies, I was more referring to people ruining gameplay experiences, I was referring to the problems on certain games. In borderlands hacked weapons were a thing as I think there was a tool for the PS3 version, which caused performance issues online as you could make guns shoot ridiculous amounts of rockets in a second. In diablo 3 as its another loot game people can force your character to mass level up which can mess up your save too. There's definitely other games that have this type of problem too and I'm not sure the amount of save manipulation this device allows, if its a lot then it will effect more than loosed base games and a just about any coop game that has save files locally. There was also the case of people being able to steal items from your characters in dungeon defenders I'm not sure if that was a save hack either.

I completely agree that it is dumb that MW2 saved such data locally I know that was apparently the case in black ops 2, I do hope that kind of data is saved server side on the PS4 games though.

Edited by Superbuu3

16 hours ago, Superbuu3 said:

JIn borderlands hacked weapons were a thing as I think there was a tool for the PS3 version, which caused performance issues online as you could make guns shoot ridiculous amounts of rockets in a second. In diablo 3 as its another loot game people can force your character to mass level up which can mess up your save too.

Those both sound awesome! 

32 minutes ago, PaperMonkeyBoy said:

I mean, Iv'e cheated some PS3 games in my day, but I hope this doesn't ruin the PS4 -_-

Some? 5 out of your 7 platinum trophies are illegitimate. But hey, at least you finished My Name is Mayo and Minecraft by yourself. Your the target demographic for this product. You are the reason they make stuff like this. Who knows you probably preordered one already. 

Edited by Lithium_Lemon

Just now, Lithium_Lemon said:

Some? 5 out of your 7 platinum trophies are illegitimate. But hey, at least you finished My Name is Mayo and Minecraft by yourself. Your the target demographic for this product. You are the reason they make stuff like this. Who knows you probably preordered one already anyway. 

Iv'e found your hobby! :D stalking people. And no, that'd be a ban for sure, why would I cheat amazing PS4 games? And I finished all games on my main account anyways.

I think the PlayStation network would be able to identify those users that get a bit to power crazy and end up unlocking multiple high level trophies within short time periods of each other. For example, it would be pretty obvious who has hacked the game if they unlock trophies achieved through high level multiplayer statistics, but their actual data shows that they have barely even touched that aspect of the game or if a trophy for achieving level five to level fifty were unlocked within an hour of each other. 

On 10/3/2017 at 3:28 AM, ryankamal1998 said:

So 4.50 patches applying the patch cord from the save data editing tool CyberGadget released and screwed everyone over who bought it as it's making everyone update when trying to transfer. So no hacking/save editing any time soon :)

look like they have fixed and works on 4.5 now. :(