Oh boy, trophy hacking coming to PS4?

angelgrievous

So here's the deal, it's fun to hunt for trophies and showing it off on your personal profile is half the fun. When you make the actual challenge obsolete then you remove the reason it's there to begin with, besides, don't you feel more proud knowing that you earned your trophies legit? Especially the pain in the ass ones? 

Sony doesn't give 2 shits about trophies or hacking via save editing. They only care about CFW hacking. This won't get patched. The PS3 would have been patched long ago if Sony really cared. Also I doubt they could patch something like this due to the fact it isn't messing with their firmware. It's simply modifying save files. I believe Sony would have to revamp their entire save file coding in order to patch this. If that's the case that would cost Sony too much money to do.

I honestly don't see the point. You lose all "bragging" rights if you cheated or glitched to get the trophies. I have a person like that on my friendslist that I used to play Black Ops 3 with. I saw he was level 33 and I was like GODDAMN he must be a dedicated as hell to grinding for trophies. I take a look at his profile and EVERY LAST SINGLE ONE OF HIS GAMES WERE MAXED OUT 100% + platinum. I was immediately suspicious. For starters all of his games were from PS3 and PSP/Vita. Secondly, NONE and I mean NONE, 0 of his PS4 games were complete, maxed, or platinum'd. And the third, the thing that completely gave him away and made me knew he had "hacked" (if you even want to call it that, because that's giving these kids way too much credit for running something that someone else created) his trophies, was that the only game I'd ever see him on was Black Ops 3 or Advanced Warfare. I never once seen him on any other game. And this was before they brought out the "appear offline" option. It's kinda lame that this is the kind of thing people have to resort to, just ruins it for everyone else because other people who got their trophies and levels legit look like "hackers".

I am already noticing cheaters on the PF rank leaderboard in Metal Gear Solid 5. It was perfectly clean a month ago.

tumblr_onck9lMSuu1ucano4o1_540.jpg

The top 8 guys in the image are all cheaters that modded their PS4 saves and gave themselves millions of tanks, armored vehicles, and other resources that helped them move up the leaderboard.

Checked their profiles and of course every single one of 'em is Japanese. PF rank is pretty irrelevant so it's funny to think these idiots would pay money to cheat at this sort of thing. 

Edited by hpknight

• 2 weeks later...

People who hack games are scumbags it just proves how crap they must be at games, I looked at a hackers list the otherday he plated 600 PS3 and only had 10+ ps4 games and not one of them was completed or plated. Just go's to show these people are nothing but a joke and are rubbish at gaming.

On 4/6/2017 at 11:48 AM, afc-razor-84 said:

People who hack games are scumbags it just proves how crap they must be at games, I looked at a hackers list the otherday he plated 600 PS3 and only had 10+ ps4 games and not one of them was completed or plated. Just go's to show these people are nothing but a joke and are rubbish at gaming.

Hacking in general or just cheating on trophies,online leaderboards, etc?

There is absolutely zero legitimate reason for trophy hacking. The product itself exists to make money off of the type of person who is enough of a dummy to want to get something easy rather than actually put the hard work into it. This applies to both hacking and using software to manipulate trophy gain.

That's the best part though, even if it affects leaderboards and so on, you still know that you earned a particular trophy with hard work, time and actual skill - an act which reflects in how you handle things in real life. The person that gets the same trophy by using exploitative means and with zero skill or effort is more than likely living life that way too. So while you are succeeding in general, they will always be failures.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 1

so many closed minded sheeples here, "zero tolerance" policy. there's always going to be some situation where youd need to resort to something like this. i agree it shouldnt be used from the getgo, but sometimes you get corned into it. not because of difficulty, not because it takes 200 hours for one trophy, but because the game is broken and the trophy you should have obtained 3 times over isnt awarded. so if this can somehow balance a broken game with no developer support, so be it. think outside the box sometimes sheeples

12 minutes ago, TwitchReflex said:

so many closed minded sheeples here, "zero tolerance" policy. there's always going to be some situation where youd need to resort to something like this. i agree it shouldnt be used from the getgo, but sometimes you get corned into it. not because of difficulty, not because it takes 200 hours for one trophy, but because the game is broken and the trophy you should have obtained 3 times over isnt awarded. so if this can somehow balance a broken game with no developer support, so be it. think outside the box sometimes sheeples

Definitely helpful if the game glitches out and leaves the character in a death loop, no matter how many times the save is reloaded (looks to Prince of Persia), as it's very doubtful someone wants to start all the way over. As for trophies, it would definitely take out the fun of the game if trophies can just be unlocked in 2 seconds. But I think people will try for Attacking Zegeta, because look at this shit: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5578-attacking-zegeta-2 

Now, i know people are already modding FFXV (well at least Japanese people are), but that just ruins the game. I do have to wonder though, would modding PS4 saves lead to modding Vita saves? If so, people will definitely mod https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1855-ninja-gaiden-σ2-plus to get the impossible plat. 

20 minutes ago, TwitchReflex said:

there's always going to be some situation where youd need to resort to something like this. sometimes you get corned into it. think outside the box sometimes sheeples

It's still cheating and it doesn't matter how you try to legitimate it. ;)

You say these things like it's a life and death situation. I understand that it's frustrating to not earn trophies you feel like you deserve because you fulfilled their requirements, but that's like saying that downloading a movie is ok because you can't buy the bluray anywhere. That's still piracy.

28 minutes ago, TwitchReflex said:

And would the majority even use it for such pure reasons? That's the issue.

On 9 April 2017 at 1:08 PM, jaehyun1009 said:

Hacking in general or just cheating on trophies,online leaderboards, etc?

Hackers are like junkies but on PlayStation this is how I see them, I don't understand the leaderboards and trophy cheating so I dunno but hackers are lowlifes, we spend hours apon hours grinding a silly bronze trophy and they do it within seconds makes me so angry, I just hope this new device gets delt with by playstation QuickTime, only thing I've done bad is triple sync sound shapes if this is bad then I apologise but I don't no nothing about hacking nor how they do it, do they even need to buy there games to hack info guys?

3 hours ago, Eraezr said:

And would the majority even use it for such pure reasons? That's the issue.

Then don't play the game if it's broken it's as simple as that mate, they even hack games like the walking dead it don't bother them weather it's a broken game a 200 hour plat or a 45 minute plat they will still hack it.

On 25 March 2017 at 2:00 AM, hpknight said:

I am already noticing cheaters on the PF rank leaderboard in Metal Gear Solid 5. It was perfectly clean a month ago.

tumblr_onck9lMSuu1ucano4o1_540.jpg

The top 8 guys in the image are all cheaters that modded their PS4 saves and gave themselves millions of tanks, armored vehicles, and other resources that helped them move up the leaderboard.

Checked their profiles and of course every single one of 'em is Japanese. PF rank is pretty irrelevant so it's funny to think these idiots would pay money to cheat at this sort of thing. 

How do u even find stuff like this, and your right there like junkies but playstations very own version, they can't even plat a game like the walking dead the mugs.

1 hour ago, afc-razor-84 said:

Hackers are like junkies but on PlayStation this is how I see them, I don't understand the leaderboards and trophy cheating so I dunno but hackers are lowlifes, we spend hours apon hours grinding a silly bronze trophy and they do it within seconds makes me so angry, I just hope this new device gets delt with by playstation QuickTime, only thing I've done bad is triple sync sound shapes if this is bad then I apologise but I don't no nothing about hacking nor how they do it, do they even need to buy there games to hack info guys?

Not everyone who hacks games hack trophies.

10 minutes ago, afc-razor-84 said:

Any type of hacking is bad u tell me 1 good thing u can do when u hack something?

I remember using the old game genie. Back then, a lot of games didn't offer traditional saves, or the memory cards were quite limited.

Having the ability to 'hack' the game, to enable things like level select, additional lives etc was quite helpful.

While that isn't perhaps what people now think of with hacking, having those abilities for single player games was quite beneficial.

On 4/9/2017 at 6:01 AM, Crispy_Oglop said:

There is absolutely zero legitimate reason for trophy hacking. The product itself exists to make money off of the type of person who is enough of a dummy to want to get something easy rather than actually put the hard work into it. This applies to both hacking and using software to manipulate trophy gain.

That's the best part though, even if it affects leaderboards and so on, you still know that you earned a particular trophy with hard work, time and actual skill - an act which reflects in how you handle things in real life. The person that gets the same trophy by using exploitative means and with zero skill or effort is more than likely living life that way too. So while you are succeeding in general, they will always be failures.

Sums everything up perfectly.

Cheaters, hackers, and glitchers are likely people who try to take shortcuts. They're no different from people who dropped out of high school, became drug addicts, and threatened people with weapons to support themselves and keep their addiction going. It's no different from cheating at school tests, plagiarizing a piece of content you stole and try to claim it as one of your own. 

As long as this website maintains a strict policy on hacked trophies and banning people who have used other people's save files, I don't give a rat's ass how many cheaters are listed on PSN. Sure, it sucks, they still do it, they make Hakoom and Roughdawg4 look small in comparison.

It's like the War on Drugs. Police do their best, but it's a losing battle. Same with cheaters in video games. We can try, in fact I think we've done good in banning a good number of them, but the fact is, there will always be those people who never get caught. It's sad, but that's the real world for you.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

Just now, Spaz said:

Sums everything up perfectly.

Cheaters, hackers, and glitchers are likely people who try to take shortcuts. They're no different from people who dropped out of high school, became drug addicts, and threatened people with weapons to support themselves and keep their addiction going. It's no different from cheating at school tests, plagiarizing a piece of content you stole and try to claim it as one of your own. 

As long as this website maintains a strict policy on hacked trophies and banning people who have used other people's save files, I don't give a rat's ass how many cheaters are listed on PSN. Sure, it sucks, they still do it, they make Hakoom and Roughdawg4 look small in comparison.

It's like the War on Drugs. Police do their best, but it's a losing battle. Same with cheaters in video games. We can try, in fact I think we've done in banning all of them, but the fact is, there will always be those people who never get caught. It's sad, but that's the real world for you.

Great minded and 100% true simple as that nice post and a very sensible one to.??