Kill Your Completion v3. 0

2 hours ago, Mendant909 said:

I highlighted what I thought were different enough and could be used for good discussions. #12 was highly praised in the previous KYC event so that should be a delight. As for a tenth game or an alternate choice, Unravel, God of War III, and Mafia II all seem like good choices.

Thanks for the advice. I'm trying to get a variety of game genres, as well as mix of short/long games.  Based on my availability of playing, I gotta fit crap like Datura in when I might only find 1-2 hours to play in the three-day window. 

I'm excited for Mafia II; the story and setting seem more intriguing than III. 

A question on God of War III. I've never played anything in the series, is it a mistake to go right into III? It's the remastered version on PS4 and found it cheap in a December sale. I'm not terribly worried about missing some story but will I be completely out of the loop? For instance, I would never tell someone to jump right into AC: Brotherhood or AC III w/o playing the earlier titles.  Will I be this lost going into G of W III? Or is the story not that deep? 

Edited by PerryToxteth

16 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

Thanks for the advice. I'm trying to get a variety of game genres, as well as mix of short/long games.  Based on my availability of playing, I gotta fit crap like Datura in when I might only find 1-2 hours to play in the three-day window. 

I'm excited for Mafia II; the story and setting seem more intriguing than III. 

A question on God of War III. I've never played anything in the series, is it a mistake to go right into III? It's the remastered version on PS4 and found it cheap in a December sale. I'm not terribly worried about missing some story but will I be completely out of the loop? For instance, I would never tell someone to jump right into AC: Brotherhood or AC III w/o playing the earlier titles.  Will I be this lost going into G of W III? Or is the story not that deep? 

Hmm, out of your short games I'd recommend Hitman Go over the two others; Datura's pretty much in the KYC Hall of Shame alongside echochrome, El Shaddai, and maybe a few others. Just did a check and ABZU and The Deadly Tower of Monsters are also short, so those would help out.

I'd say the first God of War is the only game in the series with any true depth in regards to its story, while the others have Kratos be angry at the gods or angrily do a mission for the gods. The third one starts right at the cliffhanger of the second one, so you won't miss out on much.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Here's my list of potential games. I will pare it down and juggle the order as I get my March work schedule. Any advice on what to play? Or NOT play?

1. This War of Mine - I think this is a hidden gem
2. Invisible, Inc.
3. Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart - one of the best hidden object games (very short though)
4. Hitman GO
5. Day of the Tentacle - a very good point-and-click
6. ABZU
7. Unravel
8. Grand Ages: Medieval 
9. God of War III - best game in the series
10. Need for Speed
11. Life is Strange - worth playing
12. Deadly Tower of Monsters - short and fun, is a tad more enjoyable, if you're into sci-fi
13. Rugby World Cup 2015 - Turd of a game
14. The Talos Principle
15. Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor - enjoyed what I played of it, but haven't played a lot
16. Datura - weird and short and also not very good
17.  Mafia II - I still think this is better than any GTA
18. LEGO: Pirates of the Caribbean - it's decent one of the less good Lego games
19.  Assassin's Creed: Chronicles
20. South Park: The Stick of Truth - is pretty good

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

In before Billy. :ninja:

HOW THE HELL DID I MISS THIS THREAD LAST NIGHT

OOoooh, so now I am going to give my likes away like the cheap floozie that I am again, KYC are always terrible for me because I never have any likes left for other threads...

5pxYfPP.png

Edit: Wow, the limit for likes has been either upped or removed! Yay!

5 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Here's my list of potential games. I will pare it down and juggle the order as I get my March work schedule. Any advice on what to play? Or NOT play?

1. This War of Mine
2. Invisible, Inc.
3. Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart
4. Hitman GO
5. Day of the Tentacle
6. ABZU
7. Unravel
8. Grand Ages: Medieval 
9. God of War III
10. Need for Speed
11. Life is Strange
12. Deadly Tower of Monsters
13. Rugby World Cup 2015
14. The Talos Principle
15. Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor
16. Datura
17.  Mafia II
18. LEGO: Pirates of the Caribbean
19.  Assassin's Creed: Chronicles
20. South Park: The Stick of Truth

Day Of The Tentacle, Unravel and Stick Of Truth are all marvels. Shadow Of Mordor and Deadly Towers are a lot of fun. Have not played Talos but have heard good things about it and I really want to get it myself, my backlog and the constant sales this title is on are the only two things preventing me from just buying it.

Okay, here was the list I mentioned in the last thread, of all my eligible games:

Spoiler

PS4: 12 games eligible

Leo's Fortune

Kitten Squad
    The Playroom

Galak-Z: The Dimensional    
    Hyper Void
    Invisible, Inc.
    Rebel Galaxy
    Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell
    Stories: The Path Of Destinies

This War Of Mine

TorqueL 
    Ultratron

PS3: 9 games eligible

Õkami HD 
    Doodle Trilogy

Anna: Extended Edition

Blazerush
    Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood 
    Costume Quest 2
    Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon  
    Mad Riders
    Retro/Grade

As I said before and will say again for new entrants, March is when the Switch arrives so my entry will mostly be of the kind "I've done two of these, can't quit now" sort. I am in doubt about my Horizon Zero Dawn pre-order - might cancel it just so I get some breathing room for Zelda, and then get it later in the year, like early April - so that would give me some more time for this event as well. Also because I had too many free days left at work, I decided to take the first full week of March off, so at least you'll see me around then :)

Okay, back to the list. Because I want to spend a lot of time on other games, and because I've realised that I am terrible at going back to these games after the event has finished, I want to do some games of which the story can be completed in a few hours. Because just 100%ing everything in a day is not in the spirit of this event, I'll also look at games where I can at least finish the story in a couple of hours but with which the grinding would take a lot more work.

Invisible Inc. should do well in this regard. TorqueL seems to take some time to 100% as well so I'll just put it at the start of the event, where I'm going to ignore the third day in favour of Zelda. Should be able to beat at least one or two routes in the game on the first two days and I really want to have played through that game. Going to cop out and put Kitten Squad at spot 2 so I can just focus on Zelda, at least until Tuesday. On spot 3, I'll put something that takes some more trouble but still won't be that heavy, like Retro/Grade on casual or medium, I don't think I'll obtain any of those other trophies in the game. Going ahead right now and putting Õkami HD on the last spot so I can keep on playing that one after the event. I'm going to put Stories: Path Of Destinies on the second weekend of the month, so I have time to do a full blind playthrough (I won't go for the 100% during the event though, not interested in seeing all those endings). After that weekend, my Switch craze has probably died down a bit and I can look at some more PlayStation gaming. Going to put Anna : Extended in there, another game that might be easy to 100% but in which I will just do one blind playthrough for now. Also, I'll put Ultratron in there. Started out with it on spot 3  but I decided it would be better to put a game like Retro/Grade there, which is shorter and will take less effort to do a single playthrough in but which will take a lot more effort to 100%.

That's it, for now. Going to decide on the other titles later on. I'll also take a look at the March PS+ games to see if I want to add some of those.

Just to keep me from re-counting every time I make a change, I'm going to keep the dates and days in here until the event starts. @Hemiak, feel free to not use them in the main post.

1. TorqueL
  2. Kitten Squad
  3. Retro/Grade
  4. Stories: Path Of Destinies
  5. Anna: Extended
  6. Retro/Grade
  7. sun19-tue21
  8. Invisible, Inc.
  9. sat25-mon27
  10. Õkami HD

@Everybody, Yes just like the last event I can be persuaded to play the same games alongside each other, I'm less open about what I want on my list this time around though, because of the reasons stated above.

And yes, I'll be doing my final reviews in limerick again, unless someone els knows something more fun. Thinking about haiku, for instance.

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

5. Day of the Tentacle
6. ABZU
7. Unravel
9. God of War III
11. Life is Strange
18. LEGO: Pirates of the Caribbean

Some short feedback on those games:

5. --> Really enjoyable point-and-click adventure with a good humor and some nice riddles.

6. --> Good choice if you want to have a nice game to relax. I guess you will like it if you enjoyed Firewatch or Journey it's highly likely that you will enjoy Abzu, too.

7. --> Cool concept and a charming environment, yet the game has some annoying trophies tacked on (deathless runs)

9. --> If you want to enjoy the complete lore most would recommend to play at least I and II beforehand but there's a short recap before starting the game. Haven't played it myself but I would say gameplay-wise it will surely be a better choice than e..g GoW I.

11. --> Nice take on Telltale's formula. Has some story flaws but overall I found it enjoyable, even if it's full of clichés.

18. --> Only play the game if you like all of the PotC-movies. Overall I didn't really enjoy it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

4. Hitman GO- Fun, little puzzle game, where you move your piece on a board, and enemies will move as you do. Really short, though. 
5. Day of the Tentacle- Pretty much what everyone else said. Another short one. 
11. Life is Strange- Really enjoyed it. The characters and story were great, in my opinion. Can't wait for Season 2, and anything else Dontnod releases.
12. Deadly Tower of Monsters- Fun and funny game. 
16. Datura- This was weird.. I didn't dislike it as much as many seem to, but I won't deny that fact. 
17.  Mafia II- Pretty much what Voodoo said, although the PS2 GTAs may be more fun to fart around in. This game was phenomenal. 
18. LEGO: Pirates of the Caribbean- I thoroughly enjoyed it. Shorter grind than some of the LEGO games, and I always liked PotC. 
20. South Park: The Stick of Truth- You may die from laughter. The humor in this game is the best part.

Those are all that I have played, although a number of games on your list are in my backlog. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mendant909 said:

I'll pick NieR as my dark horse pick from the list, and I'm wondering as to which game will be worse: Firefly Diary or Conception II.

Nier is pretty great, it's worth taking advice from the sidequest flow chart though. 

Potential change to my list - I backed Night in the Woods on Kickstarter in... yikes... October 2013, so it's a new release but one that I definitely already own.  Tempted to swap Actual Sunlight out for it.

Edited by Fitzquaid

Yeah, Nier is pretty fun, but I keep getting distracted from it for some reason. :( Only thing to worry about for the whole game is the speed run, because if you miss it you can't do the ng+ option. The whole thing can be ran in about 7 hours if you skip everything possible though, so it's not the end of the world if you do miss it. 

@PerryToxtethI would avoid Datura for this. The entire thing can be easily completed 100% in under 2 hours and honestly, it's just not very good. The "story" is overly abstract and confusing, and the game play is less than stellar. If you really want another 100% one day just sit down and power through this, but I don't recommend the experience for a good time. 

15 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Great stuff so far everyone. I'll get peoole added in tomorrow morning, but I'm not going to post lists until the last day as many of you like to tinker. 

Hey bud, I have a question. Only 0% games? I have a shit load of games with 1, 2 trophies in them... And only 2 games with 0% :)

53 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Got some news: the cap for likes is now 25 per day.

Of course, the first time I find out about this new cap is when a new KYC event thread is started.

Have you always been Premium? It was 25 for Premium members before I even received mine(from some kind and generous individual). 10 for peasants. :P

1 hour ago, HaserPL said:

Hey bud, I have a question. Only 0% games? I have a shit load of games with 1, 2 trophies in them... And only 2 games with 0% :)

Only 0% unfortunately. However, a game doesn't have to actually be on your account when it starts. It's OK if you own a game but have never loaded it up too. 

2 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Have you always been Premium? It was 25 for Premium members before I even received mine(from some kind and generous individual). 10 for peasants. :P

My premium was gifted, never found out who my benefactor was...  Didn't have premium yet when I started KYC1, which may have been the last time I consciously saw the cap warning.

3 hours ago, HaserPL said:

1 hour ago, Hemiak said:

Only 0% unfortunately. However, a game doesn't have to actually be on your account when it starts. It's OK if you own a game but have never loaded it up too. 

And if you do only have games with a trophy earned, there's a different event for that B)

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/45682-what-the-hell-is-that-still-doing-there-backog-event/

• Like 1

I believe everybody has been added in up to this point. Let me know if I missed you.

As I said before I won't be adding in people's list until the 28th due to the massive amounts of list tinkering I believe are coming. I'd rather sit down and add them in and format them one time, instead of several times over the next week.

Glad we're getting some decent interest already, seems to be a good mix of veterans and new blood.

43 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

I believe everybody has been added in up to this point. Let me know if I missed you.

As I said before I won't be adding in people's list until the 28th due to the massive amounts of list tinkering I believe are coming. I'd rather sit down and add them in and format them one time, instead of several times over the next week.

Glad we're getting some decent interest already, seems to be a good mix of veterans and new blood.

Could it be that you forgot to save the post? I don't see anyone added in the op.

4 hours ago, Jaguargenie said:

For those of us who are doing KYC for the first time, I just realized this is truly EVIL! Just looking at my tentative list, that is 302 unearned trophies being added!

I can feel a nervous tick developing already...

Just wait til you see how much your completion drops!  Last time it said oh the biggest drop was only just under 5%.  I was the one whose completion went down by 11.5% last time.  Though I didn't have that many unearned trophies added.  I'm hoping it won't drop quite that much this time since I've got more games played now and some on my list are easier than the ones on my last one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jaguargenie said:

For those of us who are doing KYC for the first time, I just realized this is truly EVIL! Just looking at my tentative list, that is 302 unearned trophies being added!

What shocks me most is the fact I have to delete a lot of other games on my ps4 in order to get all 10 games ready for the kick-off. Thankfully this topic was posted a week in advance or I would not have been able to download everything in time.

302 unearned trophies? not bad, it made me look at my games, I'll have 384 new unearned trophies :) Hopefully not that much at the end of the event though

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jaguargenie said:

Once you are somewhere above 2.5k unearned trophies you don't care about that anymore. At least I don't care about it anymore. xD Just counted mine and if I'm not mistaken 357 of the trophies that aren't counted in the unearned count on the main profile will be added to it. Which is about one fifth of my total unearned trophies count from my F-ranked games.

Main site says 2,905 unearned

Trophy advisor 4,504 unearned

4,504 - 2,905 = 1,599 unearned from F-ranks (their DLC included)

357 / 1,599 = ~22.32%

• Like 1