"What The Hell Is That Still Doing There" Backlog Event

1 minute ago, xFalionx said:

You, sir, are thinking way too much about the Switch. :lol: That harbors another guess.

I don't feel like there's such a thing as "thinking way too much about the Switch".

south-park-s10e12-go-god-go_16x9.jpg

... Fine, I'll guess KYC3 then.

1 minute ago, xFalionx said:

Yeah, It's basically a combination of the Vita and the VitaTV with better hardware. And I guess it won't be mistreated by it's company. *shoots disappointed glare at Sony*

I guess the downside to that is that it's the world's most expensive handheld and I wouldn't dare to bring it outside with me in the area I live in.

Nah it's basically either a Nintendo Entertainment System with power in between the last and current gen that you can take on the go, or a Game Boy with more power than the 3DS and the Vita that you can link to your television xD

It's cheaper than top of the line iPads and smartphones though, and it's only $50 more than a 3DS was at launch. The upside is that I never have to worry about different games for my handheld console than for my home console, I'm so psyched that I can just continue on whatever I was playing at home... I mostly only use my handheld for holidays these days.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Honestly, I don't mind replaying the game a bunch of times. I'm already halfway through playthrough 3 and I've done more than 50 playthroughs back on the PS2. It used to be my favorite game before R&C3 was released. Thanks for telling me that other glitch though, that might come in handy if I end up running out of time in March.

More than 50 playthroughs? o__O

That's quite intense and personally I have no game in mind which would be so enjoyable for me that I would play it so many times.

17 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

You, sir, are thinking way too much about the Switch. :lol:

Truer words have never been spoken.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crimson Idol said:

That's quite intense and personally I have no game in mind which would be so enjoyable for me that I would play it so many times.

Back in the old days of games that could be played through on a single day and without trophies to worry about, I played through the same games dozens of times. Still do to this day on my SNES games, just played through Super Mario Bros. 2 again though I have finished that one a couple dozen times already. I can't even begin to count how often I've played through several Mario Kart games, Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64 will both easily go for two dozen full playthroughs.

As for more recent games, I played through Portal 2 six times or thereabouts and I played through Super Star Wars at least four times since it appeared on PSN even though I had it 100%ed after the second playthrough.

Truer words have never been spoken.

I think that "I am the walrus" were truer words.

11 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Back in the old days of games that could be played through on a single day and without trophies to worry about, I played through the same games dozens of times. Still do to this day on my SNES games, just played through Super Mario Bros. 2 again though I have finished that one a couple dozen times already. I can't even begin to count how often I've played through several Mario Kart games, Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64 will both easily go for two dozen full playthroughs.

As for more recent games, I played through Portal 2 six times or thereabouts and I played through Super Star Wars at least four times since it appeared on PSN even though I had it 100%ed after the second playthrough.

Personally I never feel like playing through a game more than two times, whether it's trophy-based or not, unless there's some kind of different play modes or alternate endings. But even then the game has to be really enjoyable so I will continue playing it (or there's only a few things left to do so I feel like pushing through). And even back in the old days I never felt like finishing a game at least once. There are several games where I just stopped right before the end and felt like doing a new playthrough from scratch or where I totally stopped playing. Examples are Breath of Fire IV where I was near the final dungeon at least two times, Final Fantasy VIII which I restarted two times (and finished it on my third playthrough), or Link to the Past. IIRC my third attempt on the GBA was the first one where I felt like finishing it. xD

Personally I never feel like playing through a game more than two times, whether it's trophy-based or not, unless there's some kind of different play modes or alternate endings. But even then the game has to be really enjoyable so I will continue playing it (or there's only a few things left to do so I feel like pushing through). And even back in the old days I never felt like finishing a game at least once. There are several games where I just stopped right before the end and felt like doing a new playthrough from scratch or where I totally stopped playing. Examples are Breath of Fire IV where I was near the final dungeon at least two times, Final Fantasy VIII which I restarted two times (and finished it on my third playthrough), or Link to the Past. IIRC my third attempt on the GBA was the first one where I felt like finishing it. xD

Personally I found racing games the easiest to play through again and again. I oftan say of racing games that those are the games where the game is always a grind but never a chore.

It's not just the Mario Karts that I have played through a lot, I played a lot of Rush 2 Extreme Racing USA, F-Zero - F-Zero X - F-Zero GX, Road Rash, Need For Speed Hot Pursuit (the old one), AeroGauge, Hydro Thunder, Star Wars Episode I Racer... Obviously newer games don't tend to count since there's more in them to do so you're playing through it once for a long time instead of a couple of times but I've spent hours in stuff like Burnout Paradise and The Crew as well.

I find myself getting distracted more and more these days because there are so damn many games available but in the SNES and N64 days, I could easily play through a game I've already done again. Super Mario Sunshine was the first Mario platformer I didn't play through multiple times. I think the N64 days were the last when I was replaying a lot, like the games mentioned before but also stuff like Rogue Squadron, Star Wars Shadows Of The Empire, GoldenEye 007, Star Fox 64...

There's a reason I can't wait for the Virtual Console to be available for the Switch: I want to replay those games again - my N64 finally broke down after years of agony so I lost that part of my game library, I still have a working SNES.

38 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

... Fine, I'll guess KYC3 then.

It's cheaper than top of the line iPads and smartphones though, and it's only $50 more than a 3DS was at launch. The upside is that I never have to worry about different games for my handheld console than for my home console, I'm so psyched that I can just continue on whatever I was playing at home... I mostly only use my handheld for holidays these days.

Finally he got it right. :P 

Yeah but the people who can afford to spend a grand on the Apple's newest piece of aluminum usually don't give a fuck about that getting stolen as they'll just buy a newer one and be done with it. I have trouble affording new Vita games for the 40€ they're released at, if I loose anything I'm gonna be depressed for a month.

29 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Yeah, back in grade school it was one of my favorite games to play. While I had other ones like Crash n Burn that was really fun to just play every now and then, R&C is the franchise I always came back to. 

24 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Wow, 6 playthroughs is a bit more than my 2 playthroughs of the game. ^_^ I guess I might have come back to it more often if the puzzles were a bit harder, the way it is I can just speedrun through the thing without having to stop and think about what to do.

I think in that regard, the only modern games I've played through quite a few times are Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda Twilight Princess and Wind Waker. I think I finished SMG 4 times, Twilight Princess 5 times and Wind Waker more than 10 times overall.

2 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Yeah, it's pretty close to that for me nowadays, most games I play through ones, other I drop because something else get my attention and then restart from scratch because I forgot how the game mechanics worked and what the story was about. Once I get into an RPG mood again, I'll be playing through the first few scenes of Atelier Ayesha for the fourth time without having finished the game prior to that. T.T I really want to play it though but I can't stop getting distracted.

Back when when I was playing games 50+ times was when I was in grade school and I got maybe 4 or 5 games each year. If I didn't play them all over again, what else would I have done? :D Back then games were quite a lot more replayable though. Especially since most of the ones I had were prioritizing gameplay above story, so even if you knew the story the game was still fun to play.

Nowadays I'm glad that there's useful stuff like PSN sales, so I can get 10 old games for the price of one new game, and since I didn't play most old games yet, that's great news for me. :P 

3 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Personally I found racing games the easiest to play through again and again. I oftan say of racing games that those are the games where the game is always a grind but never a chore.

It's not just the Mario Karts that I have played through a lot, I played a lot of Rush 2 Extreme Racing USA, F-Zero - F-Zero X - F-Zero GX, Road Rash, Need For Speed Hot Pursuit (the old one), AeroGauge, Hydro Thunder, Star Wars Episode I Racer... Obviously newer games don't tend to count since there's more in them to do so you're playing through it once for a long time instead of a couple of times but I've spent hours in stuff like Burnout Paradise and The Crew as well.

I find myself getting distracted more and more these days because there are so damn many games available but in the SNES and N64 days, I could easily play through a game I've already done again. Super Mario Sunshine was the first Mario platformer I didn't play through multiple times. I think the N64 days were the last when I was replaying a lot, like the games mentioned before but also stuff like Rogue Squadron, Star Wars Shadows Of The Empire, GoldenEye 007, Star Fox 64...

There's a reason I can't wait for the Virtual Console to be available for the Switch: I want to replay those games again - my N64 finally broke down after years of agony so I lost that part of my game library, I still have a working SNES.

Yeah, remember the game called Crash n Burn which I mentioned a few lines above? The best racing game I ever played in my entire life. I guess it's mostly because, while there are racing modes, the game has fun modes like King of the Hill, or my personal favorite Kamikaze where all participants of the race are split in 2 groups. They then have to race in different directions on the same track, avoiding each other or trying to destroy the cars of other participants by crashing into them. The last surviving car wins int hat case, and it's really fun.

Anyways, I love racing games that are more about destruction than racing, and that in creative ways like the one I described.

It's a shame that I don't know any games that are like this nowadays, this used to be one of my favorite games to play and now I can't even replay it because my parents sold my PS2 along with my old games because my little brothers wanted a Wii-U for Christmas.

I get distracted a lot, mostly because I'm pretty spontaneous about what I'd like to do. Sometimes I'm in the middle of a game and I decide that I need to watch an anime/TV show/movie, read a book/manga/webcomic or just simply play a different game because a friend is like "Let's build some stuff in Minecraft again." and then a month passes and I have no clue what the game I was playing before was about and how it worked.

Man, that sucks. My brothers destroyed the N64 we had so nowadays I have to use an emulator whenever I feel like replaying Banjo Tooie.

5 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Yeah but the people who can afford to spend a grand on the Apple's newest piece of aluminum usually don't give a fuck about that getting stolen as they'll just buy a newer one and be done with it. I have trouble affording new Vita games for the 40€ they're released at, if I loose anything I'm gonna be depressed for a month.

Wait... There are new games being released for the Vita? :blink:

Wow, 6 playthroughs is a bit more than my 2 playthroughs of the game. ^_^ I guess I might have come back to it more often if the puzzles were a bit harder, the way it is I can just speedrun through the thing without having to stop and think about what to do.

I think in that regard, the only modern games I've played through quite a few times are Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda Twilight Princess and Wind Waker. I think I finished SMG 4 times, Twilight Princess 5 times and Wind Waker more than 10 times overall.

I didn't like Wind Waker and Twilight Princess that much, enough to finish them and I did like them but I haven't even fully played through Ocarina more than once (for now).

Playthroughs of Portal 2: Blind playthrough, second playthrough for the remaining trophies (did a full playthrough for the hell of it), third playthrough with dev commentary, fourth playthrough because I felt like it, fifth playthrough while my wife was watching because she couldn't get through Portal 1 herself but wanted to know what happened, sixth playthrough on the PS3, first game I played when I got the console :)

Yeah, it's pretty close to that for me nowadays, most games I play through ones, other I drop because something else get my attention and then restart from scratch because I forgot how the game mechanics worked and what the story was about. Once I get into an RPG mood again, I'll be playing through the first few scenes of Atelier Ayesha for the fourth time without having finished the game prior to that. T.T I really want to play it though but I can't stop getting distracted.

That's how it is with me and every Witcher, Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age, Fallout... the games are just too damn big, I get distracted and when I go back to the game I have forgotten about the story and the mechanics. It sucks because I like sandbox games but it seems like GTA V and Assassin's Creed are about the maximum game size I can get through with ease.

Determined to finally get through Witcher III, time will tell...

Yeah, remember the game called Crash n Burn which I mentioned a few lines above? The best racing game I ever played in my entire life. I guess it's mostly because, while there are racing modes, the game has fun modes like King of the Hill, or my personal favorite Kamikaze where all participants of the race are split in 2 groups. They then have to race in different directions on the same track, avoiding each other or trying to destroy the cars of other participants by crashing into them. The last surviving car wins int hat case, and it's really fun.

Anyways, I love racing games that are more about destruction than racing, and that in creative ways like the one I described.

It's a shame that I don't know any games that are like this nowadays, this used to be one of my favorite games to play and now I can't even replay it because my parents sold my PS2 along with my old games because my little brothers wanted a Wii-U for Christmas.

Never played that game but I do remember the stunt side game in Rush 2 being fun but tough.

Man, that sucks. My brothers destroyed the N64 we had so nowadays I have to use an emulator whenever I feel like replaying Banjo Tooie.

I've got enough stuff for my SNES that I'm not bothering with an N64 emulator for now but I really do want many titles to return on the Switch.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Wait... There are new games being released for the Vita? :blink:

I didn't like Wind Waker and Twilight Princess that much, enough to finish them and I did like them but I haven't even fully played through Ocarina more than once (for now).

Playthroughs of Portal 2: Blind playthrough, second playthrough for the remaining trophies (did a full playthrough for the hell of it), third playthrough with dev commentary, fourth playthrough because I felt like it, fifth playthrough while my wife was watching because she couldn't get through Portal 1 herself but wanted to know what happened, sixth playthrough on the PS3, first game I played when I got the console :)

Yeah, right? There's more games coming out every month than I could ever get, you have to be into Japanese games though, as about 95% of new releases are from there. It's why the console is heaven for every JRPG enthusiast and Visual Novel lover. If I could read Japanese, which I'm studying on and off in my free time, and if switching console regions wasn't the biggest chore in human history, I'd have access to an incredible amount of games, probably close to the size of the PS3 library. But about 60% of those are Japanese and didn't get localized.

Twilight Princess is my favorite Zelda title, and if it weren't for the parts where you have to collect those droplets of light as wolf-Link, I would have played through the game a lot more. Those parts are annoying. I probably wouldn't have played Wind Waker that often if my brother didn't love seeing it played. ^_^ I still love the game, but I'm more the type of guy who just kind of explores the overworld forever instead of rushing through dungeons again and again. Exploration is one of the things that Wind Waker really had going for it.

Yeah, I played the game on PC, and I don't care about steam achievements in the least. I just kind of wanted to play it again after a few years. :) 

4 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Yeah, right? There's more games coming out every month than I could ever get, you have to be into Japanese games though, as about 95% of new releases are from there. It's why the console is heaven for every JRPG enthusiast and Visual Novel lover. If I could read Japanese, which I'm studying on and off in my free time, and if switching console regions wasn't the biggest chore in human history, I'd have access to an incredible amount of games, probably close to the size of the PS3 library. But about 60% of those are Japanese and didn't get localized.

... Switch is region free :D

Yeah there's not much Vita games for me, someone who isn't usually into RPG and even less into JRPG.

4 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Twilight Princess is my favorite Zelda title, and if it weren't for the parts where you have to collect those droplets of light as wolf-Link, I would have played through the game a lot more. Those parts are annoying. I probably wouldn't have played Wind Waker that often if my brother didn't love seeing it played. ^_^ I still love the game, but I'm more the type of guy who just kind of explores the overworld forever instead of rushing through dungeons again and again. Exploration is one of the things that Wind Waker really had going for it.

Twilight Princess your favourite Zelda? ... You've played Ocarina Of Time, right?

Wind Waker had exploration but mostly of empty sea, unfortunately.

If you like exploration, you'll love the new Zelda :)

tvHB6WH.jpg

28 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Twilight Princess your favourite Zelda? ... You've played Ocarina Of Time, right?

Wind Waker had exploration but mostly of empty sea, unfortunately.

If you like exploration, you'll love the new Zelda :)

Yeah, multiple times. I think Ocarina of Time probably has the best dungeons out of the bunch (even the water temple is great in the remastered 3D version), but I really love the darker story and setting in Twilight princess. I also like the fact that I can actually get around at night because there aren't undead spawning everywhere. :D 

I also felt that there was a lot more to do in TP than in OoT, while the latter has a longer storyline. Oh, and did I mention the glorious Soundtrack?

Spoiler

The HD remake of this game is literally the only reason why I'd want a Wii-U. :P 

I loved just going about in Wind Waker, finding new isles and then exploring those. Most of them have some secret to be found.

I already love the new Zelda, if I had the money and this was the only game ever to be released on the switch, I would still get it. Zelda is my favorite franchise of all time, I mean I literally have only 2 games for my 3DS, one of those is OoT 3D, the other A Link between Worlds. I wanted to add the new Pokemon to that "collection" but I didn't even have the funds for that. It breaks my heart that, ever since I got into the franchise, this is the first Zelda game that I can't get on release but I'll just have to suck that pain up and wait like I always do nowadays...

But yeah, that looks incredibly huge if it can even beat the behemoth that Skyrim is in terms of size. I just hope that it's as littered with content as Skyrim, so when I get the switch in like 6 years, when it's actually affordable, I'll have a lot of content to enjoy.

Edited by xFalionx

3 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Yeah, multiple times. I think Ocarina of Time probably has the best dungeons out of the bunch (even the water temple is great in the remastered 3D version), but I really love the darker story and setting in Twilight princess. I also like the fact that I can actually get around at night because there aren't undead spawning everywhere. :D 

I also felt that there was a lot more to do in TP than in OoT, while the latter has a longer storyline. Oh, and did I mention the glorious Soundtrack?

Reveal hidden contents

I think the brown bloom is what annoyed me a bit in Twilight Princess.

Spoiler

070119.jpg

I also didn't like the bosses, though what I mostly remember is the uninteresting ones (yeah, thanks for that woman in ice, game) and I seem to have forgotten about the interesting ones.

The music for Ocarina was amazing as well though, if not more so... Think I've pasted enough of those already though :)

The HD remake of this game is literally the only reason why I'd want a Wii-U. :P 

Twilight Princess HD, Wind Waker HD, Skyward Sword (never played it), Super Mario 3D World (got 3D Land for free on my 3DS and actually enjoyed it), Woolly World, Mario Kart 8 (not any more now it's for Switch), Smash Bros., Mario Party... All of those games I'd get if I would have a Wii U but none of those are system sellers for me. An actual new Zelda and an open world Mario are enough for me, with the certainty of new Kart/Party/Smash games and the hope of VC.

I loved just going about in Wind Waker, finding new isles and then exploring those. Most of them have some secret to be found.

Yeah it was fun at first, became a bit same-old same-old before the end though in my opinion. If it was released for the Switch, I'd definitely get it again.

I already love the new Zelda, if I had the money and this was the only game ever to be released on the switch, I would still get it. Zelda is my favorite franchise of all time, I mean I literally have only 2 games for my 3DS, one of those is OoT 3D, the other A Link between Worlds. I wanted to add the new Pokemon to that "collection" but I didn't even have the funds for that. It breaks my heart that, ever since I got into the franchise, this is the first Zelda game that I can't get on release but I'll just have to suck that pain up and wait like I always do nowadays...

But yeah, that looks incredibly huge if it can even beat the behemoth that Skyrim is in terms of size. I just hope that it's as littered with content as Skyrim, so when I get the switch in like 6 years, when it's actually affordable, I'll have a lot of content to enjoy.

We've probably already discussed this in any one of the threads we both frequent but I wouldn't easily have funds for the Switch either, I just decided to sell a lot of old stuff - Wii and its entire game collection, Vita and some other stuff that was lying around. I've paid off the Switch, Zelda and two extra controllers as well as Snipperclips entirely by now, I just have the pro controller, the messenger bag and the screen protector to go (as well as some funds to download Fast RMX and maybe buy Bomberman). Much of this will come from Fractured Butthole, which I had paid off entirely (as well as Horizon Zero Dawn) when I got a refund on my defective PSVR. It's been delayed now so to hell with it, still will get the collector's edition but I don't need that money lying around there when I can use it for the Switch.

I never really thought of it that much but over the years, Zelda has become one of my favourite franchises as well and perhaps the only one who managed to keep quality up. Sneaky little Zelda, becoming my defining game experience with Ocarina without me even realising at the time.

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

I think the brown bloom is what annoyed me a bit in Twilight Princess.

That comic made me crack up a bit. ^_^ 

I personally thing that, while it's a bit over the top, it gives the game a pretty unique look, especially for a Zelda game. It also fits the darker theme of the game, especially with the shadow world enveloping Hyrule and all. I must say that I like this look just as much as I love the cartoony high-contrast Wind Waker look.

I also didn't like the bosses, though what I mostly remember is the uninteresting ones (yeah, thanks for that woman in ice, game) and I seem to have forgotten about the interesting ones.

The music for Ocarina was amazing as well though, if not more so... Think I've pasted enough of those already though :)

Yeah, some of the bosses were pretty forgettable and easier than before but there are some that I found to be quite memorable like the ones in the fire temple and water temple. Also, some of the minibosses had surprisingly complex mechanics. 

Well, I guess you could say that about pretty much any Zelda game, even the titles nobody knows about like Spirit Tracks have great OSTs. The orchestrated Skyward Sword OST is also top notch. Can't start up that game without getting goosebumps. :D 

Spoiler

I personally just love the emotional power that some of TP's soundtracks have, it's a personal thing of mine. I just have too many favorite Zelda songs in general to list pretty much anywhere, so my go-to game is TP. :P

We've probably already discussed this in any one of the threads we both frequent but I wouldn't easily have funds for the Switch either, I just decided to sell a lot of old stuff - Wii and its entire game collection, Vita and some other stuff that was lying around. I've paid off the Switch, Zelda and two extra controllers as well as Snipperclips entirely by now, I just have the pro controller, the messenger bag and the screen protector to go (as well as some funds to download Fast RMX and maybe buy Bomberman). Much of this will come from Fractured Butthole, which I had paid off entirely (as well as Horizon Zero Dawn) when I got a refund on my defective PSVR. It's been delayed now so to hell with it, still will get the collector's edition but I don't need that money lying around there when I can use it for the Switch.

Yeah, while I don't have much stuff in general, I couldn't bear selling my Wii, as it's my only method of accessing my GameCube and (obviously) Wii games. I haven't touched them in ages, but I've got so many fond memories of them, it would feel like selling a part of my soul. (Just like it felt when my parents sold my PS2. *sigh*)

I'm actually gonna try and save up for a PS4 this year. This might go horribly wrong or it might just work, I haven't got a clue. Anyways, since people are getting PS4Pros now, they usually sell used for less than 200€ now, which I may be able to reach within a year. Then I can finally play Gravity Rush 2. :D 

But then again, knowing my family, this may very well go wrong and end in my brothers getting even bigger birthday and Christmas presents than usual, and me losing out on 200€. :dunno:

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Not every list. Just my mistakes I listed ;)

Hmmmmm.... pass. You're just going to have to be aware of what you're typing :)

1 hour ago, NebbyLunala said:

I know it's a pun, but don't translate the title of the upcoming South Park game literally, Billy. :P

If you're going to correct me, you're going in for a rough year because Fractured Butthole has been delayed so I will talk about it longer, and I will always keep calling it Fractured Butthole, like Parker and Stone intended :D

L4a541a.png

Since my last post, I managed to do a lot in Witcher III. It's starting to feel like spoilers if I say too much so let's just say I completed the storyline of Triss.

I have to say I preferred the uncomfortable tension of the crones and the other quests in Velen, though the switch (I can't use that word normally any more without thinking of the console... well played Nintendo) to a story in a medieval city with witch hunters has played out well, perhaps the game wouldn't have been as compelling if you just kept slaughtering monsters in the woods. I've got so many swords as loot now though, don't know what to do with them.

I've got some stuff in Novigrad to wrap up so I doubt that I'll be in Skellige any time soon. I ended my Triss story at the lighthouse, got a quest from Dijkstra afterwards that I want to look into because yeah, that king needs to go. Haven't done the "get the witch" quest I got from the king yet, want to do that as well but naturally I'll let the witch escape in any way the game will alow me to. I also have the papers for a play to deliver, and I have a feeling that that won't be the end of that quest.

All in all, I really like the game. I have a feeling I'm missing a lot by not playing the first two games though, it feels like every other quest gets me in touch with a character from the previous games and I should feel something for that but I don't because they're all completely new to me. This is the first time that I played an entry in a story-heavy game franchise with the same main character without having played earlier entries. I get that I "should" have played 1 and 2 as well but damn, 1 was released a decade ago and only for PC, while 2 was released half a decade ago and only for PC and X360. I feel like many people will not have played the earlier entries and the experience is lessened because of this whole "remember these guys" vibe the game is trying to put me in. The only other games I know where recurring characters are featured like this is Mass Effect and that trilogy has been released in five years, while Witcher has four years in between each installment (and the aforementioned lack of PlayStation support on earlier titles). It feels very convoluted that at the moment I need information from the king, there just so happens to be some general or other that I know from earlier adventures.

Anyway, enough nagging. It's an amazing game, the frequency of "remember this guy", the bad lip synching, a couple of character models that seem off and seeing the same face way too many times are really all that is really annoying in the game, it's near flawless otherwise.

• Like 1

Billy, I'm slightly confused about the second rule so that's why i didn't add another game, but i decided to ask and see if it's suitable

Oddworld new n tasty is in my list for over an year but I've achieved trophies less than an year ago. Is it suitable and if so, could you add it to the list? 

14 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

You could always open your own shop, or maybe just build a throne out of them. :D

A throne of swords? ... sounds uncomfortable, honestly.

For the moment, I threw them all in the stash. I'm not buying stuff yet at this point so I've got enough coin, I'm just using whatever I find in loot. This also means I still have loads of trash that can only be sold or dismantled, but I've had no need for it yet so there it is...

13 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Billy, I'm slightly confused about the second rule so that's why i didn't add another game, but i decided to ask and see if it's suitable

Oddworld new n tasty is in my list for over an year but I've achieved trophies less than an year ago. Is it suitable and if so, could you add it to the list? 

If the first trophy you obtained in the game has been over a year ago, it counts. Your first trophy in the game was on March 4, 2016 so next Saturday it will have been on your backlog for at least a year and it can be used for this event :)

Now personally, I haven't thought about what to do with games in the same month a year earlier. Your first trophy was in March, so would that mean that come March 1, you can play it again? Personally I decided that for me, 'started in March 2016' means 'counts from April 2017 onwards' but I have way too many games on my list and I can live with this. If your first trophy was in March 2016 (whatever date) and you feel like starting it in March 2017 (whatever date), I'll allow it. edge cases like this probably won't happen too often and I don't want to keep people from a backlog game they really want to play, so as long as the first trophy earned was at the latest in the current month of the previous year, yeah whatever, you get my drift.

Edit: added Oddworld to your to-do list.

Edited by BillyHorrible

On 24-2-2017 at 10:20 AM, HaserPL said:

I only need 8 People on Stadion and I need to buy USB Camera.

On 24-2-2017 at 11:14 AM, Willstown said:

I think I'm still missing the 8 man bike ride thing, if you do post up a gaming session give me a shout I'll be up for it,.

The host of the session I signed up for decided to do the 8 man thing without people in the session. Sigh, boosting here isn't what it is on other sites.

Don't know if you both know more people who would be in to boosting, but I'm up for it whenever.

1 minute ago, BillyHorrible said:

The host of the session I signed up for decided to do the 8 man thing without people in the session. Sigh, boosting here isn't what it is on other sites.

Don't know if you both know more people who would be in to boosting, but I'm up for it whenever.

I'm pissed too because I'm waiting for this boosting session to happen for a week now and it's not going to work I guess. How about I make a session for Stadion trophy only?

• Like 1

I probably won't actively start on anything for this event until next month. But I started Doom 3 on April 16th last year and that game has been on my "to get done and never touch again" list for a while now. I'm going to take the year restriction literally and not actually go back to it until the 16th is past. I plan on doing the same with my KYC 1 games as well. 

• Like 1

Just now, HaserPL said:

I'm pissed too because I'm waiting for this boosting session to happen for a week now and it's not going to work I guess. How about I make a session for Stadion trophy only?

Do you have the bikes DLC? That one has an eight person trophy as well which I can't seem to get with randoms because you need everybody to stay in the session while you do 8 miles or so of driving.

All trophies except for those two should be doable with just the three of us, maybe add a fourth or substract one to have enough variation in the number of challenges but that's it. If I can get those two eight player ones, I'll definitely go for the platinum after all.

A throne of swords? ... sounds uncomfortable, honestly.

For the moment, I threw them all in the stash. I'm not buying stuff yet at this point so I've got enough coin, I'm just using whatever I find in loot. This also means I still have loads of trash that can only be sold or dismantled, but I've had no need for it yet so there it is...

If the first trophy you obtained in the game has been over a year ago, it counts. Your first trophy in the game was on March 4, 2016 so next Saturday it will have been on your backlog for at least a year and it can be used for this event :)

Now personally, I haven't thought about what to do with games in the same month a year earlier. Your first trophy was in March, so would that mean that come March 1, you can play it again? Personally I decided that for me, 'started in March 2016' means 'counts from April 2017 onwards' but I have way too many games on my list and I can live with this. If your first trophy was in March 2016 (whatever date) and you feel like starting it in March 2017 (whatever date), I'll allow it. edge cases like this probably won't happen too often and I don't want to keep people from a backlog game they really want to play, so as long as the first trophy earned was at the latest in the current month of the previous year, yeah whatever, you get my drift.

Edit: added Oddworld to your to-do list.

Pffft lmao for some reason i thought i started it back in 2015 but that's impossible because i got my first trophy going to the uni which i started in 2016. xD

Gonna wait until it's suitable before i start it. Gonna be working on broken age pretty soon too