"What The Hell Is That Still Doing There" Backlog Event

55 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Do you have the bikes DLC? That one has an eight person trophy as well which I can't seem to get with randoms because you need everybody to stay in the session while you do 8 miles or so of driving.

All trophies except for those two should be doable with just the three of us, maybe add a fourth or substract one to have enough variation in the number of challenges but that's it. If I can get those two eight player ones, I'll definitely go for the platinum after all.

Nope. I have base game with free dlc only.

I'm almost done with Ratchet & Clank, I'll only need to purchase the R.Y.N.O. and all of the gold weapons so I'm gonna pop it this evening after midnight so it counts for my own event.

Edit: Since there seem to be a few people who need boosts in some games, why don't you make a section about people who look for boosting partners in the OP. I'm sure that would help some people to finish their old games together. 

Edited by xFalionx

13 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Since there seem to be a few people who need boosts in some games, why don't you make a section about people who look for boosting partners in the OP. I'm sure that would help some people to finish their old games together. 

Good call.

People, I added a boosting section to the OP. If you need multiplayer help with a game, just say so and I'll add it to the OP.

@Willstown, @HaserPL, I added you both with me on Burnout Paradise.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

People, I added a boosting section to the OP. If you need multiplayer help with a game, just say so and I'll add it to the OP.

@Willstown, @HaserPL, I added you both with me on Burnout Paradise.

I can help you guys if you need someone. I have all the DLCs so I can help with whatever you need (still need to earn some of the trophies myself).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crimson Idol said:

I can help you guys if you need someone. I have all the DLCs so I can help with whatever you need (still need to earn some of the trophies myself).

Cool stuff, I'll add you to the list! You seem to have the difficult trophies already (where you need 8 players) but yeah I've got no problem with helping you with other trophies if we're busy anyways :)

10 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Cool stuff, I'll add you to the list! You seem to have the difficult trophies already (where you need 8 players) but yeah I've got no problem with helping you with other trophies if we're busy anyways :)

Thanks for the offer, but there's no need to.  My savegame got wiped shortly after I platted the game (together with 400+ hours in other games) thanks to my clumsiness of shutting down the PS3 the wrong way so I would have to restart most of things anyway. Earning the remaining trophies (even the easy ones I could do local) is somehow of low interest to me by now.

EDIT:
Just read the text of the boosting session. No wonder that it turned out that wrong as he just aimed for too much. Why ffs do people think it's a good idea to add ALL online trophies to one session. That way it gets too cluttered too fast. :facepalm:

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Thanks for the offer, but there's no need to.  My savegame got wiped shortly after I platted the game (together with 400+ hours in other games) thanks to my clumsiness of shutting down the PS3 the wrong way so I would have to restart most of things anyway. Earning the remaining trophies (even the easy ones I could do local) is somehow of low interest to me by now.

What you have left to do doesn't seem like that big of a deal though. Just do the party stuff on your own sometime and let us help you with the rest for an hour or so and you're there.

2 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

EDIT:
Just read the text of the boosting session. No wonder that it turned out that wrong as he just aimed for too much. Why ffs do people think it's a good idea to add ALL online trophies to one session. That way it gets too cluttered too fast. :facepalm:

Yeah, there's all kinds of stuff wrong with that session.

45 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

What you have left to do doesn't seem like that big of a deal though. Just do the party stuff on your own sometime and let us help you with the rest for an hour or so and you're there.

Honestly I don't know how long most of the online stuff still takes. And before relying on boosting I try to do most things on my own. Hey, I even managed to get the 8-player trophies legit. xD

But I just checked the description for Cops and Robbers and it sounds like a typical Capture the Flag so I might go for them. Only thing I need is time.

56 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Honestly I don't know how long most of the online stuff still takes. And before relying on boosting I try to do most things on my own. Hey, I even managed to get the 8-player trophies legit. xD

But I just checked the description for Cops and Robbers and it sounds like a typical Capture the Flag so I might go for them. Only thing I need is time.

It can all be done pretty quickly. And boosting in Burnout is still legit, after all you have to do stuff together / at the same time :)

Thinking about doing a banner for the event, I might have found the perfect image to use xD

3048134-6463640878-ps4pr.jpg

OT:

L4a541a.png

I seem to have finished all main quests in Novigrad now. Yesterday, I freed Dandelion and then I did some side quests, mainly contracts.

Haven't got much new to say about the game. Still liking it a lot. I'm going to do most of the sidequests and contracts now before I head to Skellige (except those for which I am hilarously underleveled, that is).

It's my intention to do much of the questing and contracting content in the game, without rushing to the end of the main quest. I feel like there's so much in this game that I haven't seen yet... It seems like no quest I found goes to Bald Mountain, which I stood at the foot of thanks to sailing to somewhere else and seeing the magnificent tree on top of that small mountain. Back then the enemies were way overkill for me but I haven't gone back there in the assumption that some quest will take me there whenever I am ready, no such luck though. With just the main and side quests I've been doing up to now, I feel like I'm seeing only about 40% of the game world.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

3048134-6463640878-ps4pr.jpg

How cruel. Who on earth would get a cute little console like that and then stop taking care of it. They could have at least brought it to a console shelter instead of leaving the little one like this. There are terrible people on this planet...

Anyways, I've managed to complete Ratchet & Clank. Now I've got the whole trilogy completed and another plat that I had given up on years ago.

16 hours ago, xFalionx said:

How cruel. Who on earth would get a cute little console like that and then stop taking care of it. They could have at least brought it to a console shelter instead of leaving the little one like this. There are terrible people on this planet...

My Vita looks the same at the moment. Haven't played on it since the anniversary-event and I can't put it in the hardcase as I use a grip for it. The only games I'm interesed in are reserved for KYC3.

Edited by Crimson Idol

Update, got the plat for The Last of Us after all this time.

Stick me down for the Left Behind DLC for later in the event.  I'm going to have a run or two at Flawless raider for destiny inbetween Horizon sessions.  For once I've been disciplined and not even got Horizon out of the box until I hit that TLOU plat

• Like 1

Just now, Willstown said:

Update, got the plat for The Last of Us after all this time.

Stick me down for the Left Behind DLC for later in the event.  I'm going to have a run or two at Flawless raider for destiny inbetween Horizon sessions.  For once I've been disciplined and not even got Horizon out of the box until I hit that TLOU plat

Nicely done, must have been hard!

I did some more of Witcher III yesterday, today will be all Zelda and Fast RMX. Let's see next week if I can keep my word and play Witcher alongside Zelda...

Just got the godfather 2 plat. Time to plat 7 years 6 months & 3 weeks. Was a really fun plat, don't know why I stopped playing it the first time round. Gonna start on the amazing spider-man next.

Edited by wolverine123
Spelling
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, xEl_Cidx said:

Billy,

I will be working on these games to start this month:

a1d1132.png

6bcd1130.png

Going to try to work on 2 each month, see how that goes.

Cool, good luck! I'll update the OP sometime this week, depends on when I turn on my laptop.

14 minutes ago, wolverine123 said:

Just got the godfather 2 plat. Time to plat 7 years 6 months & 3 weeks. Was a really fun plat, don't know why I stopped playing it the first time round. Gonna start on the amazing spider-man next.

Congrats!

I'll throw my name in here but who knows when I'll get back to these.

Game (last trophy date)

Shadow of the Colossus (20 Feb 16)

Silent Hill Book of Memories (28 Dec 15)

Rayman Origins (22 Nov 15)

Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz (10 Nov 15)

Toukiden The Age of Demons (10 Nov 15)

Playstation All-Star Battle Royale (31 Oct 15)

Soul Caliber V ( 25 Oct 15)

LittleBigPlanet (3 Oct 15)

Penny Arcade Adventures episode 1 (23 Dec 13)

Puppeteer (12 Nov 13)

Bioshock Infinite (14 Sep 13)

Batman Arkham City (3 Aug 13)

Scott Pilgrim vs The World (30 Jul 11)

Demon's Souls (11 Jun 11)

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (16 Mar 11)

Mini Ninjas (14 Jun 10)

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time (13 Mar 10)

Ghostbusters: The Video Game (19 Jul 09)

Plus some others that will be a year old by the time I get to them. Probably a couple others on my list but more likely to try these than them.  Also have some F's that went onto my profile back then without trophies.

Just want to go back and do some cleanup at some point. It would be nice to gets some plats done or even just finish some storylines. So many interesting games that keep coming out tend to derail me though.

• Like 1

Quick update, I've been making progress in AC3 on a daily basis, alongside Zelda Breath of the Wild. With limited time though, I find that I'm now abandoning my PS4 (and definitely my Xbox One, which I haven't played in ages). I split my time between Vita, PS3, and Switch pretty evenly right now. 

I have one last activity to observe for Big Dave before I unlock An Extraordinary Man. My collectibles are in pretty good shape, with only a few chests, trinkets, and feathers left. The most frustrating part now is a tie between this last Homestead activity to observe, and the final Privateer Contract 100% mission. I already upgraded to the improved ram before discovering that I should have waited, and it's difficult to expose Powder Stores. I'm using Heated Shot and having decent success with that, but this last one mission needs it done on 3 ships (without any checkpoints), and it's largely down to luck. I'm trying to knock these two things out before moving on to complete the remaining collectibles, club challenges, Peg Leg missions, and hunting maps. I do have each club challenge list on tier 3, with only 1 or 2 remaining items for each one, but of course they're the worst ones. :)

I haven't touched my other event games recently. I want to knock AC3 out first. I'm also likely to add some additional goals but I haven't identified them yet... 

EDIT: I unlocked An Extraordinary Man last night, oddly enough it was during the final Homestead Mission (well the final real one, there is an "epilogue" one where you hang Achilles' painting but that's not really a true mission), when I was supposed to go talk to somebody. On the way I stopped by Big Dave's place and after a bit he headed down to the stable to shoe his horse, which was the last activity I was missing for him. 

Edited by MosesRockefeller
  • Like 1

Okay, everyone should be updated.

Personally, I've been using the Switch in handheld mode more and more. What this means for this event, is that it looks like I'll be using it to game an hour or two when I'm already in bed and I'll have a couple of hours by day to game on PS4, and I'll get back to Withcer III in those hours next to the KYC3 games. This might have to wait until I finish the story in Zelda though, but now that I've played it very much for a whole week I think I can let go a bit, and get some other gaming done.

I think.

On 9-3-2017 at 7:02 PM, MosesRockefeller said:

Quick update, I've been making progress in AC3 on a daily basis, alongside Zelda Breath of the Wild. With limited time though, I find that I'm now abandoning my PS4 (and definitely my Xbox One, which I haven't played in ages). I split my time between Vita, PS3, and Switch pretty evenly right now. 

I have one last activity to observe for Big Dave before I unlock An Extraordinary Man. My collectibles are in pretty good shape, with only a few chests, trinkets, and feathers left. The most frustrating part now is a tie between this last Homestead activity to observe, and the final Privateer Contract 100% mission. I already upgraded to the improved ram before discovering that I should have waited, and it's difficult to expose Powder Stores. I'm using Heated Shot and having decent success with that, but this last one mission needs it done on 3 ships (without any checkpoints), and it's largely down to luck. I'm trying to knock these two things out before moving on to complete the remaining collectibles, club challenges, Peg Leg missions, and hunting maps. I do have each club challenge list on tier 3, with only 1 or 2 remaining items for each one, but of course they're the worst ones. :)

I haven't touched my other event games recently. I want to knock AC3 out first. I'm also likely to add some additional goals but I haven't identified them yet... 

EDIT: I unlocked An Extraordinary Man last night, oddly enough it was during the final Homestead Mission (well the final real one, there is an "epilogue" one where you hang Achilles' painting but that's not really a true mission), when I was supposed to go talk to somebody. On the way I stopped by Big Dave's place and after a bit he headed down to the stable to shoe his horse, which was the last activity I was missing for him. 

I remember the achievement being glitched at launch (don't know about the trophy)... Shame, might have 100%ed it back then otherwise.

Determined to get 100% in AC III at some point, one DLC left to go and then it's on to the main stuff. I'll probably do the Ezio collection first though.

4 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I remember the achievement being glitched at launch (don't know about the trophy)... Shame, might have 100%ed it back then otherwise.

Determined to get 100% in AC III at some point, one DLC left to go and then it's on to the main stuff. I'll probably do the Ezio collection first though.

I think a lot of the game was glitchy at launch. Thankfully it's more stable now, but between the two "buggiest" AC launches going by complaints, I encountered fewer bugs in Unity post-patches than AC3. But I played both well after launch, so keep that in mind.

Anyway, I've made good progress. All collectibles are done and I only have a couple of Club Challenges left. Only 2 side missions left as well, the final Captain Kidd one and the final Privateer Contract. Strangely enough, for Original Gamer, I had more trouble with that stupid Bowls game than the other two. A lot of people suggest Bowls to do the "win 500 pounds playing games" challenge but I'm not touching that with a 10-foot pole ever again. Ugh. The things that are going to give me trouble now are saving up enough money to buy all the weapons (I've already sold all my hunting supplies collected since starting the game) - but that will come naturally with enough time, and the final Privateer Contract. It looks like that last mission is just going to involve trying it over and over and over and over and over until i finally get the optional objectives. Yay no checkpoints! At least the beginning is easy enough with a fully upgraded ship since the first wave can be destroyed with 2 swivel shots each, but it's still annoying. 

I knocked the DLC a while back so that's out of the way. I'm in the home stretch now but this last Privateer Contract seems to be the bane of my existence. I hope Syndicate and Chronicles don't have this much frustration on the way to the Platinum. 

Edited by MosesRockefeller