"What The Hell Is That Still Doing There" Backlog Event

Well, I just Platinumed AC3, so it can be added to my Played Through list. My first trophy was earned on July 29 2013 and I earned the last one today, March 14 2017. Woohoo, it only took 3 and a half years! :P I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get the optional objectives in that last privateer contract, but I finally got it today on my first attempt. I must have tried it close to a dozen times before today. 

Now I can continue my AC Platinum streak with Syndicate and Chronicles, and eventually the Ezio trilogy. 

I suppose I'll be moving back to HDN Mk2. I really want to finish up Bayonetta but I didn't earn any trophies back when I first played it years ago, so it doesn't qualify for this event. I'm loving the game though, so it's getting most of my PS3 attention now. I already finished my first story run so that is the intention of this event anyway. Also, because of the "questionable" content in HDN games, I tend to play them on my "man cave" PS3, and I don't spend much time down there now that I had a kid. So it's probably going to be slow going. 

I'm not sure if we can add games during the event? I may want to do that. 

Edited by MosesRockefeller
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Well, I just Platinumed AC3, so it can be added to my Played Through list. My first trophy was earned on July 29 2013 and I earned the last one today, March 14 2017. Woohoo, it only took 3 and a half years! :P I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get the optional objectives in that last privateer contract, but I finally got it today on my first attempt. I must have tried it close to a dozen times before today. 

Now I can continue my AC Platinum streak with Syndicate and Chronicles, and eventually the Ezio trilogy. 

Congrats on AC III! If you ever move on to Black Flag on PS4, I really want to platinum all AC games now that I don't need multiplayer in Brotherhood/Revelations, I plowed through the MP in AC III already but I still need to do Black Flag, and doing a full session of all modes is almost impossible to get naturally these days because people only play deathmatch or wolfpack.

8 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I'm not sure if we can add games during the event? I may want to do that. 

Of course you can! Anything with at least one trophy earned at least a year ago is eligible. You can add stuff as you go, or do like me and just list everything you could possibly do, or pick a few and go from there, whatever you want.

Personally I'm getting quite far into the story of Zelda - only one Divine Beast to go and I should be ready to take on Ganon - and I'm thinking that once I finish the story, I'll keep the Switch in handheld mode for a while, just doing a bit of exploring in Zelda before I go to sleep, and by day I'll catch up on my PlayStation gaming. That means KYC3 for one part, Witcher III for the rest. I figure I should be ready to continue on Witcher III again by Sunday at the latest.

5 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Congrats on AC III! If you ever move on to Black Flag on PS4, I really want to platinum all AC games now that I don't need multiplayer in Brotherhood/Revelations, I plowed through the MP in AC III already but I still need to do Black Flag, and doing a full session of all modes is almost impossible to get naturally these days because people only play deathmatch or wolfpack.

Actually I Platinumed Black Flag already. I joined a MP boosting event with a full roster of players, that was organized on another site and we knocked the MP trophies out. It's tedious as hell, but leveling up via Solo Wolfpack is definitely the most efficient way to reach max level, but you'll need to boost some of the trophies. I recall having trouble with one of the DLC MP trophies and one or two of the base game ones. All game modes was only tricky for one or two modes, I got the rest naturally back in September of last year. But no matter how you slice it, Black Flag has the worst MP trophies in the series after Brotherhood. ACIII was a breeze compared to that; I only needed to boost for one of the DLC MP trophies which was easy with 2 people. 

My earlier post may not have been clear, but I have AC Platinums for III, Liberation (Vita), Black Flag, Rogue, and Unity. So the Ezio Trilogy, Syndicate, and Chronicles are the only ones I haven't done. 

5 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Of course you can! Anything with at least one trophy earned at least a year ago is eligible. You can add stuff as you go, or do like me and just list everything you could possibly do, or pick a few and go from there, whatever you want.

Cool, here are some candidates:

Freedom Wars - Story complete (maybe Platinum)

Axiom Verge - Story complete (maybe Platinum)

Dokuro - Story complete (maybe Platinum)

Persona 4 Golden - Story complete (maybe Platinum)

A Boy and his Blob - Story complete (maybe 100%)

Deception IV: Blood Ties - Story complete (maybe Platinum)

Killer is Dead - Story complete (maybe Platinum)

Frozen Synapse (focusing on the Vita version, but both are eligible) - Story complete (which will also unlock the Platinum since I've done the other trophies already)

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus - Story complete (maybe Platinum). This is eligible in 4 days. 

These are ones where I've already completed the story so are less in keeping with the spirit of the event. But they're clogging up my backlog in my mind so I'd like some motivation to finish them: 

GTA San Andreas PS3 (the trophy version, not the PS2 classics one) - Platinum

Zone of the Enders PS3 - Platinum. I completed the story years ago and it's about time for a replay to mop up the remaining trophies (mainly the ones involving good scores on Hard)

The Swindle - 100% trophies

Sounds Shapes - Platinum (because I hate my life, I gave up on those damn Death Mode levels but it bugs me that they are all that stands between me and the Platinum)

Star Trek PS3 - Platinum

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault - Platinum

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One - Platinum

Besides Senran Kagura, they're all eligible now. I have lots more I could add but this is more than enough for 1 game a month for the rest of 2017 anyway. 

• Like 1

1) I finished the story of Zelda yesterday, awesome game and best game ever for me.

2) I had a whole day planned with a friend who had to cancel because he's sick.

Result: I'll continue on Witcher III today! :)

@MosesRockefeller sorry, I've liked your post but haven't had time to update the OP, will do next time I'm at my laptop.

@MosesRockefeller give me a shout when you start Freedom Wars. I still need to finish that game (or rather replay it from scratch since the battle system was so complicated that I'd be absolutely useless by now), and we could do the MP trophies together.

Edit: I just noticed, this is my 1.000th post. :D 

Edited by xFalionx

On 3/15/2017 at 2:51 AM, BillyHorrible said:

Ubisoft is doing everyone a favor but axing all of the m.p. trophies in their famous series. I also saw ACIII and ACIV on the Wii U, so that might have had a hand in that since Nintendo's only online option is Miiverse, which is just a glorified pictochat. xD

I got one game off my list with my plat of Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters.  It's also my 30th plat and 2nd ultra rare plat as well.  I'll probably go to Kingdom Hearts Final Mix or Demon Gaze next, but I want to finish Time and Eternity first which doesn't qualify for this event.

• Like 1

On 15-3-2017 at 1:58 PM, MosesRockefeller said:

(...)

These are ones where I've already completed the story so are less in keeping with the spirit of the event. But they're clogging up my backlog in my mind so I'd like some motivation to finish them:

(...)

Actually in keeping the event also appealing for completionists, it's already in the rules that games with story completed are still allowed if you want to go for 100% and/or platinum :)

I figured, as long as there's at least one trophy you still want to get and it's been on your backlog for long enough, it should count.

I also updated you in the OP.

On 18-3-2017 at 1:01 PM, xFalionx said:

Congrats, only 24 until a really cool number ^_^

2 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

I got one game off my list with my plat of Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters.  It's also my 30th plat and 2nd ultra rare plat as well.  I'll probably go to Kingdom Hearts Final Mix or Demon Gaze next, but I want to finish Time and Eternity first which doesn't qualify for this event.

Congrats! updated in the OP.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2017 at 8:01 AM, xFalionx said:

@MosesRockefeller give me a shout when you start Freedom Wars. I still need to finish that game (or rather replay it from scratch since the battle system was so complicated that I'd be absolutely useless by now), and we could do the MP trophies together.

Cool, and congratulations! Actually I have Freedom Wars installed but I haven't played it for a while. I was making good progress a few months back but I got stuck on what I think is the final set of story missions (they also have to be done without saving in between). As far as I can remember I haven't done any MP yet, so I'm definitely interested in teaming up for that. I'm not sure if the story missions are doable in co-op, but the campaign should be doable solo. I'm thinking even the missions I'm stuck on are doable with proper preparation and tactics. 

6 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Actually in keeping the event also appealing for completionists, it's already in the rules that games with story completed are still allowed if you want to go for 100% and/or platinum :)

I figured, as long as there's at least one trophy you still want to get and it's been on your backlog for long enough, it should count.

I also updated you in the OP.

Thanks, that's good to know. I did see that the rules were flexible but I wanted to make a distinction between ones where I'm being a completionist and ones where I'm not. I'm not a total completionist, some games just aren't worth going for 100% IMO. On that note, when you get a chance (no rush), you can add 100% goal for Batman Arkham City. It bugs me that I never did all the combat and predator challenges so I'll chip away at them over time. 

18 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Thanks, that's good to know. I did see that the rules were flexible but I wanted to make a distinction between ones where I'm being a completionist and ones where I'm not. I'm not a total completionist, some games just aren't worth going for 100% IMO. On that note, when you get a chance (no rush), you can add 100% goal for Batman Arkham City. It bugs me that I never did all the combat and predator challenges so I'll chip away at them over time. 

I'm certainly not a completionist, I do wish I'd play through the story of more games I start though, which is why I start events like this and join events like KYC3 and other backlog stuff. I feel like it's going really well so I rewarded myself with three short games yesterday - two platformers with a twist (Hue and TYPE:RIDER) and that other game from the LIMBO devs (INSIDE). All are in the sale that ends today. It's the first time I've bought something this year on PSN since Four Sided Fantasy and Kung Fury (together only €4,50) and the only other thing I've bought is the DLC for Witcher III (season pass for €12,50 instead of €25) so I feel like I'm doing really well.

I immediately played through Hue and liked it enough to go for the completion. I'll play the other two games right after KYC3 ends, probably but I don't think I'll go for the 100% right away - we'll see when we get there.

Other than that (and on topic for this event), I'm still doing stuff in The Witcher III. I'm on Skellige now and by now I've helped the daughter of Main Quest Guy 1, I'll sail to his son next time I start the game, probably tomorrow.

11 hours ago, CaptainMonkster said:

My backlog lost is immense, if you include the games I  started but never played again/ got bored halfway through with the amount that I haven't even started yet, it's well over 150 haha :(

Well, join with your eligible games then - play more, buy less!

One quick update for me. (what, I'm still in this event? :jaymon: Yes, I'm still in)

Game(s) working on right now

Driveclub Bikes (First trophy: 8th December 2015, Goal: Plat)

Spoiler

A few days ago I decided to join a boosting session to get one stupid online trophy (save a replay of a race where you made it into the top 3) and this somehow gave me the motiviation to go for the the plat again. Overall I like Driveclub Bikes less than Driveclub as I think that some of the star-requirements are just plain stupid. E.g. combining the first place in a race with doing a stoppie that's worth at least 500 Kudos/Fame/whatever. Who thinks that this is fun? :shakefist: And some of the "do a flawless lap with a time less than x" are also a PITA, mainly due to the weather conditions they sometimes have. But I'm only missing ~12 stars (of 162) of the tour so I think it's doable by now.

And it's great to add a game to the list that wasn't intended at first. xD

Edited by Crimson Idol
Typo
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

what, I'm still in this event? :jaymon: Yes, I'm still in

Nice going, Saw your messages in the other events and I thought we lost you here as well! Then again this event is a lot less high-maintenance.

Reading your opinion, I think I'll just definitely pass on Driveclub Bikes. I barely liked Driveclub - thought the PS+ price to add the full game and most DLC was a steal during one sale and I don't regret it but I definitely think the game is average. I loved The Crew though, another game from the same release window which was reviewed averagely but I did so enjoy the huge open world and freedom of doing whatever you felt like... Still hoping for a sequel in Europe.

4 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Reading your opinion, I think I'll just definitely pass on Driveclub Bikes. I barely liked Driveclub - thought the PS+ price to add the full game and most DLC was a steal during one sale and I don't regret it but I definitely think the game is average. I loved The Crew though, another game from the same release window which was reviewed averagely but I did so enjoy the huge open world and freedom of doing whatever you felt like... Still hoping for a sequel in Europe.

I guess it's the best one can do. I bought everything at once (Driveclub + Bikes + Season-Pass for ~20 EUR) and at first I enjoyed it but the game doesn't really transport the feeling of a racing game well for me. Most of the events feel uninspired and the lack of different surroundings annoys me quite much. Later on they patched in one city (Edinburgh) but overall it's just landscapes with near to none interaction. :/

Might have to give The Crew a second try as I downloaded the trial but didn't really enjoy it at first.

14 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Then again this event is a lot less high-maintenance.

That helps for sure and it somehow best fits my current playing style as I try to combine playing recently bought games and games from my backlog at the moment, which works rather well. Right now I just finished LA Cops (a poor man's attempt at Hotline Miami but with some nice tunes) and I'm chipping away the multiplayer of Black Flag.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Might have to give The Crew a second try as I downloaded the trial but didn't really enjoy it at first.

If it helps, I didn't like the trial either. Tried the game a bit later (traded the physical version of Driveclub for it, actually) and really enjoyed it. The main story isn't much, the strength of the game is in the freeroam and all the types of short events.

2 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

That helps for sure and it somehow best fits my current playing style as I try to combine playing recently bought games and games from my backlog at the moment, which works rather well. Right now I just finished LA Cops (a poor man's attempt at Hotline Miami but with some nice tunes) and I'm chipping away the multiplayer of Black Flag.

Black Flag... on PS4 perhaps? Want to do a full session of each game type together? I can't seem to find people outside of Deathmatch and Wolf Pack...

Yeah I'm doing the same myself. Doing some old stuff, getting through my backlog, and occasionally doing some new stuff so I don't lose my motivation to only play stuff I've had for over a year.

6 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

If it helps, I didn't like the trial either. Tried the game a bit later (traded the physical version of Driveclub for it, actually) and really enjoyed it. The main story isn't much, the strength of the game is in the freeroam and all the types of short events.

Honestly I don't remember what I disliked about the trial but I guess the thing that most likely turned me off is the presentation (e..g the moderator).

8 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Black Flag... on PS4 perhaps? Want to do a full session of each game type together? I can't seem to find people outside of Deathmatch and Wolf Pack...

Yes, on PS4. Sure we can do that. Only found matches for Deathmatch myself so far. But if I'm not mistaken some modes require three or four players.

3 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Honestly I don't remember what I disliked about the trial but I guess the thing that most likely turned me off is the presentation (e..g the moderator).

I disliked the rough graphics and the forced story, couldn't just drive away from Chicago because it was blocked. Apparently the map opens up soon afterwards anyway and the graphics were much better in the final product (and the game has received a graphics update later on as well so it's even better now)

3 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Yes, on PS4. Sure we can do that. Only found matches for Deathmatch myself so far. But if I'm not mistaken some modes require three or four players.

I thought all could be played with just two players... I have some time this Saturday, I think.

18 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

thought all could be played with just two players... I have some time this Saturday, I think.

Guess I was wrong. Just rechecked the site where I take my checklist from and there it states two players private for all modes. But e..g the guide for Blackbeard's Wrath says that you require 4 people for Domination. :hmm:

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/5734-assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-blackbeards-wrath-dlc-trophy-guide

EDIT: Ah, it seems that some DLC-trophies require public matches.

[...] whereas Sacred Land has to be done in a public Domination match

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/blackbeard-s-wrath/220276-assassins-creed-4-black-flag-blackbeards-wrath-dlc-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

And Saturday should be fine. Can't give any specific time though.

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Guess I was wrong. Just rechecked the site where I take my checklist from and there it states two players private for all modes. But e..g the guide for Blackbeard's Wrath says that you require 4 people for Domination. :hmm:

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/5734-assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-blackbeards-wrath-dlc-trophy-guide

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/blackbeard-s-wrath/220276-assassins-creed-4-black-flag-blackbeards-wrath-dlc-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

We'll see Saturday then, I think most of the day works for me, at least the early parts of the day as we probably have people over for dinner and games in the evening. And I have not bought the DLC, I played the standalone version of Freedom Cry and I don't care for multiplayer. Only got the multiplayer DLC in AC III because it was two cents more expensive to buy the season pass than the separate story DLC and it also added the three pre-order missions.

2 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

I can state based on my experience boosting the Black Flag MP trophies, that you DEFINITELY want a group of at least 4 for that Domination trophy. We actually had a large group and had to rotate people in and out, which worked well for us because we found that a certain player had trouble connecting to other certain players, so we swapped around until we found groups that worked. We also found that even with us split into two "clans", the game would often match us with randoms for Domination. So we had to keep starting matches until we finally got paired up, and we STILL sometimes had a random or two in the mix. But we managed. It was a headache, but at the end of the 3-hour session everybody had the trophies they needed. I forget where everybody was from specifically, but we had a mix of US and European players. I'm not sure if the connection problems were down to bad ISPs, PSN, or the game itself, but it seemed like everyone had decent internet connections. 

Hopefully you two won't encounter those same problems. I do have a digital copy of the game that I could reinstall. Let me know if you want me to join your sessions, I could probably spare a bit of time. 

22 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Hopefully you two won't encounter those same problems. I do have a digital copy of the game that I could reinstall. Let me know if you want me to join your sessions, I could probably spare a bit of time. 

Personally I'd say only if you feel like it, for the main game trophies the only thing that is needed is one full session of each type and the rest can be done alone in wolf pack (though playing with others might be fun, did most of AC III together with others as well).

@Crimson Idol do you actually already have the multiplayer DLC? If so, do any of you two know if I can be of use when helping Crimson getting those trophies, or would I first need the DLC myself to be able to play with you?

5 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

@Crimson Idol do you actually already have the multiplayer DLC? If so, do any of you two know if I can be of use when helping Crimson getting those trophies, or would I first need the DLC myself to be able to play with you?

I have the DLC (bought the Season Pass as it was on sale when I bought the game) but I have no intention of going for those trophies as I'm not really enjoying the multiplayer. xD And the DLC only has some new characters which doesn't hinder non-DLC-owners from joining the same session.

31 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Thanks for the offer but I guess there's no need to as I'm not really feeling like going for those trophies. ^^

2 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

I have the DLC (bought the Season Pass as it was on sale when I bought the game) but I have no intention of going for those trophies as I'm not really enjoying the multiplayer. xD And the DLC only has some new characters which doesn't hinder non-DLC-owners from joining the same session.

Thanks for the offer but I guess there's no need to as I'm not really feeling like going for those trophies. ^^

I certainly understand, I disliked the MP and only went for those trophies because I was so close to Platinum (and 100% completion), and I loved the singleplayer part of the game so it felt incomplete to me. Domination was somewhat fun with a full group, but I had much more fun doing the co-op in AC Unity (where I managed all the trophies without any boosting). 

2 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Personally I'd say only if you feel like it, for the main game trophies the only thing that is needed is one full session of each type and the rest can be done alone in wolf pack (though playing with others might be fun, did most of AC III together with others as well).

That raises an interesting question. Can 2+ players doing Wolfpack properly (meaning going for efficient kills and not running like maniacs to each new target for low-point kills) level faster than a solo player doing the same thing? Another advantage of teaming up is being able to not buy all the MP abilities, and stealing the ones you didn't buy from your teammate. But personally I found that by the time I was close to level 55, I had enough money to buy all the abilities anyway. 

I did notice that in AC3, it was easier to play Wolfpack solo. I helped another person get the DLC trophy for reaching a certain phase in Wolfpack, and it was easier solo. But Black Flag made Wolfpack more approachable than AC3. It's incredibly easy to reach high phases in Black Flag and make multiple mistakes along the way, unlike AC3, where even efficient kills don't always give you enough time to get that high. 

Anyway, why don't you and Crimson Idol take a stab at the MP and let me know if you could use my help afterwards. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I certainly understand, I disliked the MP and only went for those trophies because I was so close to Platinum (and 100% completion), and I loved the singleplayer part of the game so it felt incomplete to me. Domination was somewhat fun with a full group, but I had much more fun doing the co-op in AC Unity (where I managed all the trophies without any boosting). 

That's also my main problem. I'm SOOOOOOOOOO close to the plat as it's the only thing remaining. And I really don't enjoy it as I suck at this kind of games as it's not my favorite genre. Most of the time I get killed before I even now what happened and playing against a bunch of prestige players (I guess they are with their orange emblems) isn't fun at all. :| It's more fun to get rekd in a racing game for me. xD 

36 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

That's also my main problem. I'm SOOOOOOOOOO close to the plat as it's the only thing remaining. And I really don't enjoy it as I suck at this kind of games as it's not my favorite genre. Most of the time I get killed before I even now what happened and playing against a bunch of prestige players (I guess they are with their orange emblems) isn't fun at all. :| It's more fun to get rekd in a racing game for me. xD 

Sounds like me trying to play Halo online on the Xbox One after not playing the game for years (last trying out Halo 1 on PC back when it first released), and even then only playing SP. :) I joined one game, and I decided that was the start and end of my dubious online career... 

• Like 1