Update 4.50 ruined the Notifications

RookieShows

3 minutes ago, Maxie the Mouse said:

Oh yeah, I could wish custom PSN avatars than just putting a Profile Picture that only my close friends will see. But yeah, kids will put d*cks on their avatar. :awesome:

I honestly don't want that. I wanna keep my Profile pictures on playstation more game-releated. Though it does make sense why that would help finding certain people for example. since it sucks when you have several similar profile pics...

• Like 1

This is actually the change I was most excited for. I hated having the individual sections, packed full of old notifications with no way to clear them. Now I can clear everything and it looks nice and clean.

I never understood why they designed it the old way to begin with.

Edited by KingGuy420
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KingGuy420 said:

This is actually the change I was most excited for. I hated having the individual sections, packed full of old notifications with no way to clear them. Now I can clear everything and it looks nice and clean. I never understood why they designed it the old way to begin with.

There is no option to clear out the notifications anymore, you used to be able to clear them with "Mark all as read" and "delete" for the download/upload section

Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KingGuy420 said:

This is actually the change I was most excited for. I hated having the individual sections, packed full of old notifications with no way to clear them. Now I can clear everything and it looks nice and clean. I never understood why they designed it the old way to begin with.

Clear everything?
Haha. Good luck with that.

2 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

There is no option to clear out the notifications anymore

Wow, guess I should've investigated further. Either way, it doesn't really bother me. It was a cluttered mess before, it's a cluttered mess now. Changes my life in... 0 ways lol.

Edited by KingGuy420

Just now, KingGuy420 said:

Wow, guess I should've investigated further. Either way, it doesn't really bother me. It was a cluttered mess before, it's a cluttered mess now.

Glad you're not bothered by it but honestly, it was way more clear before. Nothing got added by changing it.

11 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Sure, here's before the update

G3w03zX.jpg

and then afterxamBfgW.jpg

Yep. Such a mess.

In overall, the only things that made me smile for the 4.50 update was to put a background color for my profile to fit my banner, the Quick Menu refresh and being able to see people connected on Mobile. And a few PSVR improvements. Nice that there is Boost Mode and External HDD but I don't need them at the moment.

And custom background is so limited, they should allow us two different background for the upper and lower side of the Home Menu, or taking a part of a screenshot to have a upper/lower scrolling. If you know what I mean.

Edited by Maxie the Mouse

3 minutes ago, RookieShows said:

Yea. a general hub to check for alerts, aswell as downloads/uploads.

That info is all still there lol.

I always get a kick out of mob mentality like this "Hey, this useless thing is now equally as useless!!!!! Let's RAAGGGGEEEEE!!!!"

Such a weird thing for people to get worked up about.

• Like 1

Just now, KingGuy420 said:

I always get a kick out of mob mentality like this "Hey, this useless thing is now equally as useless!!!!! Let's RAAGGGGEEEEE!!!!"

You may have found it useless, but a lot of people found it to be useful. It sorted notifications by what they were too which was nice, and they were easy to clear out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

Where do i find and sort my downloads and uploads then?

And what about this makes it mob mentality?

Edited by RookieShows
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

You may have found it useless, but a lot of people found it to be useful. It sorted notifications by what they were too which was nice, and they were easy to clear out.

True, we were be able to check the specific category of notifications we wanted. Now it's all mixed together so we'll have to scroll down a mix bag of notifications until we see the ones we want.

Edited by Maxie the Mouse
  • Like 1

I just started the update. Now I'm paranoid...

It's disappointing if they've took out the friend request link. I always forget to check for them, so they'll definitely get lost if they're stuck with all the other notifications.

Edit: Yeah, it's horrible. I also wondered why everything looked so huge before I remembered I have my text set to Bold.

Edited by Charizarzar