Update 4.50 ruined the Notifications

RookieShows

11 hours ago, Death_Ninja said:

I'm loving the update, but I don't know who the hell would greenlight such a disaster as this new notification page...

Sony devs were obviously too busy playing Zelda: Breath of the Wild to notice what they were deploying to production.

Didn't notice any difference in Dark Souls 3 with boost mode. Will try it with Senran Kagura Estival Versus at some point to see if it reduces framerate drops.

2 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

Didn't notice any difference in Dark Souls 3 with boost mode. Will try it with Senran Kagura Estival Versus at some point to see if it reduces framerate drops.

Dark Souls 3 suffers from frame-pacing issues. That's different to frame-rate drops.

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

Dark Souls 3 suffers from frame-pacing issues. That's different to frame-rate drops.

Ah, so boost mode can't fix those I assume. 

And regarding the notifications.. Lucky for me I have so few of them on my PS4 that this new update messing up the feature probably won't bother me terribly much. Being unable to mark all read can be an issue though.

They should really update the UI in general as in its current state it's really unintuitive, uninformative and confusing to navigate through.

What fresh heII is this?!?!  Why would this hot garbage be added to an "update"?  Hmmmm lets make the notifications menu straight up stupid when no one had any issues with it to begin with!  Wtf was their point?  Now I cant just go to "downloads" or "invites" from categories?  I have to wade through the river of BS that is PSN notifications to find what I'm looking for? Just... WHY?  Like... someone actually took the TIME and EFFORT to ruin this?  I just don't understand.

(also you have to love the one mouth breather who posts in a thread like this just to say he "thinks it's fine")...

Yeah.  Well most people who have 2 brain cells to rub together don't like the change.  They have multiple reasons why.  You have not one reason why this way is better.  So go away. lol

• Like 1

I've noticed that it takes forever to sync trophies since the new update (but I'm not 100% sure that this didn't happen before the update).

It's annoying cause I usually have to disconnect and reconnect to the internet in order to sync them.

Just now, Torracat83 said:

I assume you tried resetting your router and all that good stuff.

Yeah i've tried all the usual stuff, reading more into it a lot of people are having the same issue and Sony still haven't mentioned anything about this, no apologies at all. There are hacks around it that have worked for some people but why should i have to do that when it was their fault in the first place :/

4 minutes ago, creepingbecca said:

Yeah i've tried all the usual stuff, reading more into it a lot of people are having the same issue and Sony still haven't mentioned anything about this, no apologies at all. There are hacks around it that have worked for some people but why should i have to do that when it was their fault in the first place :/

Have you tried wireless? My friend had the same issue and wireless works for him, but not wired.

9 minutes ago, creepingbecca said:

Yeah tried also and just says signal might be weak and wont allow me to connect :/

It might be a byproduct of the system update then, that is unusual. If your countries playstation support has a live chat, that might be the best route to troubleshoot

10 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

It might be a byproduct of the system update then, that is unusual. If your countries playstation support has a live chat, that might be the best route to troubleshoot

Thanks, ive tried contacting but live chats and everything are closed now so guess will have to wait till tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

What fresh heII is this?!?!  Why would this hot garbage be added to an "update"?  Hmmmm lets make the notifications menu straight up stupid when no one had any issues with it to begin with!  Wtf was their point?  Now I cant just go to "downloads" or "invites" from categories?  I have to wade through the river of BS that is PSN notifications to find what I'm looking for? Just... WHY?  Like... someone actually took the TIME and EFFORT to ruin this?  I just don't understand.

(also you have to love the one mouth breather who posts in a thread like this just to say he "thinks it's fine")...

Yeah.  Well most people who have 2 brain cells to rub together don't like the change.  They have multiple reasons why.  You have not one reason why this way is better.  So go away. lol

In case you haven't figured it out, you can see uploads/downloads separately if you push options. It's counter intuitive, and stupid, but it's better than not having it at all I guess.

Hope they fix it or just give us the option to pick what tabs we want to see. Because this bundled nonsense is lame.

I enjoyed the notifications before said update. they were clear and each sorted into a category with one general one at the top. Now they're a jumbled mess. Why even change it?

to be fair notification system always has sucked, personal opinion, as for white ones that come with the 4.0 update i think it was i forget, those look better on some games but on most they look awful, i use my ps3 more then my ps4 so idk why i bother adding input. Though i did like the added features on the system menu such as external storage. though i'll never personally use it unless i am forced to stick a 500gb harddrive or less in my ps4, which i'm pretty sure the console will never accept lower then 500GB but in saying that i've never tried using a 20gb drive or anything unrealistic like that.

Completely ruined.  Can't even delete them or mark as read.....

Even worse is that for all the ps4 communities that I joined I had them set to no notifications... this update turned them all back on again, lovely. 

Edited by DARKB1KE