Update 4.50 ruined the Notifications

RookieShows

1 minute ago, Maxie the Mouse said:

True, we were be able to check the specific category of notifications we wanted to check. Now it's all mixed together so we'll have to scroll down a mix bag of notifications until we see the ones we want.

Yes he did, it was in beta last month.

The bad part is it had restored all of the notifications I had cleared since last october, so I have 200+ notifications

2 hours ago, RookieShows said:

Glad to hear it doesn't bother you.

But in the end i started this thread because i find it a dumb change. why remove the way it got sorted? Sure you get those notifications while playing anyways but it's just much clearer to have it in certain categories and one general if you can't be bothered than to remove the categories altogether and just have them all in one big mess that you can't even remove to clear it up. I got the DISCOVER notifications in there from when i bought my ps4...

over 2 years ago. Why are they back?

Ah that they're Dumb and was more organized before i agree but still well we can't do nothing about that, i'm sure they'll change it 3-4 more times anyway in the next udpates so, just wait. Plus i'm sure if 1000000 people annoy them on the Blog or forum they'll get that maybe it was a stupid thing to do. I hope so at least.

Edited by Sora9427

1 minute ago, Sora9427 said:

Ah that they're Dumb and was more organized before i agree but still well we can't do nothing about that, i'm sure they'll change it 3-4 more times anyway in the next udpates so, just wait. Plus i'm sure if 1000000 people annoy them on the Blog or forum they'll get that maybe it was a stupid thing to do. I hope so at least.

True. Should've posted on their forums instead.

The XMB is simply the best UI ever made for a gaming console.

The PS4 UI is so messy, I don't get why they got rid of the XMB concept. All the menus in PS4 are badly organised and some things are 4 or 5 button pushes away, when in PS3 it was just one or 2 button pushes...

And the white notifications... too ugly. It really disturbs me while I'm playing

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, charlijaen said:

And the white notifications... too ugly. It really disturbs me while I'm playing

I hate those, how would anyone ever think they look better than the old black ones is beyond me. Really wish there was an option to change it back...

2 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

Because that's a dumb idea and prone to griefers abusing it. 

You really need to stop listening to Sony.

Microsoft, Valve, basically every service on the internet that allows for a name change, it will track the new change as well. If you block someone on Xbox Live or Steam, and they change their name, that person stays blocked. Sony literally has no valid excuse at all for not allowing PSN name changes.

As for this Notification thing, holy smokes, are they ever incompetent. It's all one jumbled mess, and you can't even delete them. It looks like it will store away nearly a months worth of notifications as well, which is just a waste of system resources.

4 minutes ago, Caesar Clown said:

Microsoft, Valve, basically every service on the internet that allows for a name change, it will track the new change as well. If you block someone on Xbox Live or Steam, and they change their name, that person stays blocked. Sony literally has no valid excuse at all for not allowing PSN name changes.

As for this Notification thing, holy smokes, are they ever incompetent. It's all one jumbled mess, and you can't even delete them. It looks like it will store away nearly a months worth of notifications as well, which is just a waste of system resources.

Basically, yeah. if they're gonna put them in a huge pile like this they should've atleast enabled deleting them.

31 minutes ago, Caesar Clown said:

They are actually working on it because they separated the actual user ID and a screen ID, so they might add it in the near future.

If I remember well, in PS3 Japanese users were allowed to change their screen name that was displayed while playing online.

As a matter of fact, I remember playing killzone 2 against a japanese player who had an extrange name with special characters and I found out that his PSN ID was different than the displayed ingame

Edit:

Edited by charlijaen
Added video
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, charlijaen said:

They are actually working on it because they separated the actual user ID and a screen ID, so they might add it in the near future.

If I remember well, in PS3 Japanese users were allowed to change their screen name that was displayed while playing online.

As a matter of fact, I remember playing killzone 2 against a japanese player who had an extrange name with special characters and I found out that his PSN ID was different than the displayed ingame

Without mentioning that months ago, in a latest update of Unreal Engine 4 devkit for PS4, in the patch note, it mentioned about "account ID" and "online ID", which can be interpreted as an ID change, so the feature may be on its way.

Edited by Maxie the Mouse

I don't like the change either. However, the Mark All As Read feature (I saw a few complain about this) is now an automatic feature tied to simply just going to the notification tab itself. Overall, I think this change will show better results overtime, possibly.

3 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

I'm so tired of being forced into shit I don't want [white notifications] when it could easily be an option.

yeeesssssss..... the forced white popups suck all the moldy dick cheese... the transparent black notification was so nice... this white one is so intrusive and fugly

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RookieShows said:

I enjoyed the notifications before said update. they were clear and each sorted into a category with one general one at the top. Now they're a jumbled mess. Why even change it?

I was a beta tester. Inititially I agreed with you, thought they were awful but you get used to it. I still want them to be black again though. #blacknotificationsmatter

Edited by olliebear66t

I've been playing Batman Arkham Knight for a month with zero problems.In the last two hours today,after installing the 4.50 update,the game crashed four times giving me error CE-34878-0. The game is digital.Did this happen to anyone else? Can't be a coincidence

Edited by sephiroth4424

4 hours ago, TigressLion said:

I haven't used my notifications area since I bought the PS4 so this doesn't bother me haha.

Same for me. I really couldn't care less about the notifications. When it comes to messaging people on and sending and accepting friend requests I do all of that through the PSN app on my phone.

I'm just glad external hard drives are finally usable on PS4.

1 hour ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I've been playing Batman Arkham Knight for a month with zero problems.In the last two hours today,after installing the 4.50 update,the game crashed four times giving me error CE-34878-0. The game is digital.Did this happen to anyone else? Can't be a coincidence

My Horizon game corrupted immediately after the update (I havent even played the game yet). It's obvious the update caused it, and it's a known outcome from these large updates.