Update 4.50 ruined the Notifications

RookieShows

Just now, serialkilla1987 said:

Overall it's a very solid update. But we just can't get a single big update without a massive ooooopppsss happening. Please psn I loved not being notified of anything, why must you take that away?

Well honestly you can still turn that off, and yea, it is a nice update otherwise but i still hate that they screwed up the notifications. Why fix what isn't broken?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, RookieShows said:

Well honestly you can still turn that off, and yea, it is a nice update otherwise but i still hate that they screwed up the notifications. Why fix what isn't broken?

I know I can turn them off again, and I did but why did I have to? I had them turned off before the update and they should have stayed off. Oh well GG Sony, we shall see who wins the next round! =P

3 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Anyone wanna go more in depth about the changes for a non ps4 owner? 

Just the Notifications alone: Before the updates, The notification-menu was sorted into different categories, with a general one at the top and the split ones like friend stuff, downloads and uploads further down.

Now it's just one huge mess, all notifications on one screen. and unlike before where you can click notifications read on the general one and make space, in this one you have them all on there.

Atleast you can still access downloads and uploads in the options menu but it's still a dumb change.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Kanemitsu_sg said:

You can press Options and sort it.

How? All that exists in the options menu is:
Notification settings: Decide what kind of notifications you want or don't want to receive.
Downloads: Check and clear Downloads
Upload: Check and clear Uploads.

It's still chaotic.

Edit:
Even when you clear downloads, it will still  be mentioned in your Notifications.

Edited by RookieShows
Forgot to mention a small extra part.
  • Like 1

Just now, Maxie the Mouse said:

You're not alone. I wish that we have the option of going back to the previous notifications menu. As I wish to have the black notification bar again... but we need to get used to it. It doesn't affect our games after all.

Guess you're right about that. but in the end, Speaking up is still an option too. Not that i think any sony executive will ever read this thread, but having somewhere to vent is always nice.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RookieShows said:

Guess you're right about that. but in the end, Speaking up is still an option too. Not that i think any sony executive will ever read this thread, but having somewhere to vent is always nice.

How many times they read about people requesting "PSN ID CHANGE PLZZZ" and they haven't done it yet? xD They can add wathever they want, but all I care is my PSN ID Change and my life is complete! :D

Edited by Maxie the Mouse
  • Like 1

Just now, Maxie the Mouse said:

How many times they read about people requestion the "PSN ID CHANGE" and they haven't done it yet? xD They can add wathever they want, but I want my PSN ID Change and my life is complete! :D

While i'm happy with my name i'd still appreciate the option.

Meh i don't udnerstand all this HAte, it's all in a one big list and?

Are notification to ifnorm you about stuff not like you spend the entire gaming session there watching this stuff.

Personally i'm not bothered at all.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sora9427 said:

Meh i don't udnerstand all this HAte, it's all in a one big list and?

Are notification to ifnorm you about stuff not like you spend the entire gaming session there watching this stuff.

Personally i'm not bothered at all.

Glad to hear it doesn't bother you.

But in the end i started this thread because i find it a dumb change. why remove the way it got sorted? Sure you get those notifications while playing anyways but it's just much clearer to have it in certain categories and one general if you can't be bothered than to remove the categories altogether and just have them all in one big mess that you can't even remove to clear it up. I got the DISCOVER notifications in there from when i bought my ps4...

over 2 years ago. Why are they back?

• Like 2

Oh no Sony, what is this? It looked so much nicer before :|. Oh well, at least I can still see download and upload notifications seperately by pressing Options. Those are the ones I cared about the most anyway.

• Like 1

we were begging for library organization for years 

they don't give a shit about it 

the library is a mess there's tons of betas demos time tralis and games in one category.  i might have 500 games and even forgot the i have bought some of them 

how would i find a game that i purchased 2 years ago   or maybe i just want to browse the games that i bought not everything 

and now the notifications is a mess as well

i just don't what is wrong with them ...how they come up with these decisions 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mojtaba333 said:

i just don't what is wrong with them ...how they come up with these decisions 

Sony's thoughts: Oh i bet if we mess up the notifications they'll stop whining about the library! Brilliant!

Jk But seriously that's another thing that bothers me.