Update 4.50 ruined the Notifications

RookieShows

8 minutes ago, RookieShows said:

Sony's thoughts: Oh i bet if we mess up the notifications they'll stop whining about the library! Brilliant!

yes they use this logic for example they kept pushing bad games for the plus some months back  while xbox was seriously giving good games

at first people whined and cried for a while

then every month whatever sony gives them they become very very thankful  (people think this games are actually free,, you are paying for them)

there's only two home console in the world right now if let's say there were more than 5 home console and all have similar core power 

than sony would really try harder 

6 minutes ago, RookieShows said:

C'mon man that's just a nonargument.

Just because alot of new cool things got added doesn't take away that they ruined something they should've just left as it is. I mean what's the good thing about that notification menu changing?

I'm not looking to bash the entire update, i'm just pointing out a dumb flaw that was unnecessary and soured this wholre thing for me, As i was excited for the update. And i don't even own a PS4 Pro.

I do see your point and I'm very much with you. I think it was a fucking terrible idea to change the notifications menu and how they did is even worse.

But I'm just kinda tired of the internet constantly complaining about everything. Be it Playstation Plus games or minor things like this.

The thing that really bugs me is that, the Boost Mode is the single best thing ever done in a system update like ever, but people rather rant on such a trivial thing like this.

I don't like it either but it's not like it is ruining your Playstation experience. And if anybody claims it does so, than that person is a major Drama-Queen.

Yeah, and then there is this small thing with those HDD thingies...

Edited by Joker
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Joker said:

I do see your point and I'm very much with you. I think it was a fucking terrible idea to change the notifications menu and how they did is even worse.

But I'm just kinda tired of the internet constantly complaining about everything. Be it Playstation Plus games or minor things like this.

The thing that really bugs me is that, the Boost Mode is the single best thing ever done in a system update like ever, but people rather rant on such a trivial thing like this.

I don't like it either but it's not like it is ruining your Playstation experience. And if anybody claims it does so, than that person is a major Drama-Queen.

when they mess up something that was good we have the right to mention it and talk about it 

that's the point of forums and the internet

we are not saying death to sony

but we just can't find a reasonable explanation to why would they ruin the notification like that

also i don't deny that this update brought great stuff like external hdd support  but this thread is not about that

• Like 3

Does not worry me too much, the most recent ones are at the top and you can change to download with a click of a button. I can understand why some are upset but at the end of the day I play the device to game not to look at a Notifications menu.
Again each to their own however.

On a side note BOOST!! mode is now active wooo

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Joker said:

Yea i just wanted to start a thread about it. It'd take way more than this to ruin my Gaming experience.

What thing about the HDD thingies tho? Hope there isn't an issue, i was planning to buy one since my ps4 constantly runs out of space.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RookieShows said:

Yea i just wanted to start a thread about it. It'd take way more than this to ruin my Gaming experience.

What thing about the HDD thingies tho? Hope there isn't an issue, i was planning to buy one since my ps4 constantly runs out of space.

You can now attach a usb 3.0 external hdd to the ps4 and you can download games to it and also play from it.

Just saved you a bunch of money :)

You're welcome! 

My opinion on the notifications is 

Before it was too many tabs

Now it's too little (1)

They'll get it right the third time

1 hour ago, Maxie the Mouse said:

How many times they read about people requesting "PSN ID CHANGE PLZZZ" and they haven't done it yet? xD They can add wathever they want, but all I care is my PSN ID Change and my life is complete! :D

Because that's a dumb idea and prone to griefers abusing it. 

7 minutes ago, RookieShows said:

No, I just meant you now have external HDD support which is a nice thing of course :D

Edited by Joker
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Joker said:

No, I just meant you now have external HDD support which is a nice thing of course :D

1 minute ago, Dav9834 said:

You can now attach a usb 3.0 external hdd to the ps4 and you can download games to it and also play from it.

Just saved you a bunch of money :)

You're welcome!

Thank goodness, no issues. Guess i'll get myself an external HDD soon! Nice thing indeed!

3 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

Because that's a dumb idea and prone to griefers abusing it. 

It's not really a dumb idea, It could easily be done, By just having an original name and a name you can change. You search people via the original name and the name that's displayed on their profile is their "profile name". That way even if someone constantly changes the name you can still see their original name and know who it is.

5 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

My opinion on the notifications is 

Before it was too many tabs

Now it's too little (1)

They'll get it right the third time

Hope so too. I hate seeing a cluttered mess, it's why i clear out my vita notifications instantly. it just bothers me.
Not game-ruining but still a little personal tick.

3 minutes ago, RookieShows said:

It's not really a dumb idea, It could easily be done, By just having an original name and a name you can change. You search people via the original name and the name that's displayed on their profile is their "profile name". That way even if someone constantly changes the name you can still see their original name and know who it is.

This is what psnprofiles.com uses in the forums, and it works great! Sony will eventually get to it. When they need the money and charge per name change lol

They'd make a fortune 

34 minutes ago, Joker said:

Boost mode is Pro only dear. It is not even in most PS4's updates.

And you are complaining about complaining, which means... you're no better. But at least we have something to actually complain about. You're complaining about complaining, so contributing to the same problem you're complaining about. I am not designing crappy UIs while complaining about crappy UI.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

Boost mode is Pro only dear. It is not even in most PS4's updates.

And you are complaining about complaining, which means... you're no better. But at least we have something to actually complain about. You're complaining about complaining, so contributing to the same problem you're complaining about. I am not designing crappy UIs while complaining about crappy UI.

And you are complaining about me complaining about complaining... 

Since your post is kinda off-putting for me I don't really want to get in a dialogue with you. Good day.

• Like 2

and they said they got lots of people participated in the Beta test of this update, none of these folks have pointed on what got messed up?

anyway I'm so excited about this update ( still updating ) only for the use of our screen shots as a wall paper and that external hard drive support, I don't have a ps4 pro so I don't care about the boost mode.

1 minute ago, yellowwindow7 said:

and they said they got lots of people participated in the Beta test of this update, none of these folks have pointed on what got messed up?

anyway I'm so excited about this update ( still updating ) only for the use of our screen shots as a wall paper and that external hard drive support, I don't have a ps4 pro so I don't care about the boost mode.

That's a nice feature, though i don't use it. I paid 2 bucks for that World of Final Fantasy Background, i won't switch it for a while. Especially since it has the Plaza 99 Theme. I love that theme.

Oh though i enjoy being able to change up the profile background. (Unless that was already part of a previous update. that would be emberassing if i brought that up now)

2 minutes ago, RookieShows said:

That's a nice feature, though i don't use it. I paid 2 bucks for that World of Final Fantasy Background, i won't switch it for a while. Especially since it has the Plaza 99 Theme. I love that theme.

Oh though i enjoy being able to change up the profile background. (Unless that was already part of a previous update. that would be emberassing if i brought that up now)

that plaza 99 theme you're talking about sound really good, I have world of Final Fantasy too and that plaza 99 theme is the first soundtrack that catches my ears and attention. you can call me cheap, but I wish if it's free of charge since I don't like paying for avatars and themes.

for the background stuff I was talking about the ps4's home menu background, it was so stupid that the ps3 is doing it ages ago (or at least since the day I bought mine ) where the mighty ps4 couldn't since launch.

• Like 1

Just now, yellowwindow7 said:

that plaza 99 theme you're talking about sound really good, I have world of Final Fantasy too and that plaza 99 theme is the first soundtrack that catches my ears and attention. you can call me cheap, but I wish if it's free of charge since I don't like paying for avatars and themes.

for the background stuff I was talking about the ps4's home menu background, it was so stupid that the ps3 is doing it ages ago (or at least since the day I bought mine ) where the mighty ps4 couldn't since launch.

I wouldn't call it cheap, afterall 2 bucks is alot but i can kinda see why they charged that, as it's a fully animated background. not just a still image.

Yea it's just dumb to take out features the old console could do. but i guess in the end it just makes people cheer when it  gets added.

47 minutes ago, RookieShows said:

Just like Steam does as well. You can view a history of every previous nicknames you got. Same here on PSNProfiles forums. All Sony needs to do is to do some programming so it keeps our original login nickname and so, our display name will be changed.

But yet, there was rumors of such ID change when we've seen a patch note of the Unreal Engine 4 devkit for PS4.

Edited by Maxie the Mouse

30 minutes ago, Joker said:

And you are complaining about me complaining about complaining... 

Since your post is kinda off-putting for me I don't really want to get in a dialogue with you. Good day.

No, I'm pointing out the silliness of what you're doing. Spend your time better.

• Like 2

Just now, Maxie the Mouse said:

Just like Steam does as well. You can view a history of every previous nicknames you got. Same here on PSNProfiles forums. All Sony needs to do is to do some programming so it keeps our original login nickname and so, our display name will be changed.

Bruh you know how much effort that takes?