Update 4.50 ruined the Notifications

RookieShows

On 09/03/2017 at 11:14 AM, mojtaba333 said:

i might have 500 games and even forgot the i have bought some of them 

how would i find a game that i purchased 2 years ago

That's why I kept a Word file on my computer; every time I added a PS4 game to my download list on PS3, I'd add it to the file so that when I eventually got a PS4, I'd know which games I had waiting for me without having to go looking for them.  Saves a lot of hassle.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, StewartBros said:

That's why I kept a Word file on my computer; every time I added a PS4 game to my download list on PS3, I'd add it to the file so that when I eventually got a PS4, I'd know which games I had waiting for me without having to go looking for them.  Saves a lot of hassle.

that's really a good idea

actually i'm going to make one now  xD

• Like 1

Yes glad someone else has sense cuz Sony has none.They always need to mess up in an update,for real they can never do a single update without some disappointment.This one of the notifications...lol take what's organized and turn it into a mess ha gotta give a prize to the genius who thought this was a good idea.

It's been awhile since the update and honestly, I don't have an issue. The only concern I had was not being able to clearly check all my downloads, but you can just press options and find it there.

I guess if you have some degree of OCD or a sense of design this probably irked you but all in all, it's not a piece of shit.

4 hours ago, AuzzieWingman said:

I guess if you have some degree of OCD or a sense of design this probably irked you but all in all, it's not a piece of shit.

There's also another thing than OCD.

The fact that notification preferences no longer do anything.

For example, I don't care about party invitations, I don't care about new community posts, etc. And these things could easily be 'ignored' (sure, they were there, but at least you did not get UI notification) on the pre-update. Now, despite having the same settings, these notifications appear in the UI.

3 hours ago, Torracat83 said:

Ditto. It annoyed me at first, now it's like "whatever",

Much like me, though is still does annoy me that I don't think there's an option to mark things as read still.  Such as an example, downloaded the Plague Inc update and installed it, showed up as new.  Options menu did not have an option to mark it as read and selecting it just started the game up (though in this case it was fine, since I wanted to try the new plague out anyway).

8 hours ago, Spaz said:

Much as I hate to admit it, I've gotten used to the update.

Still tiggers me every time. Same as the PS Store, ever since that garbage launched on PS3 it's annoyed the hell out of me and it's only gotten worse on PS4 [though at least it doesn't crash on PS4]. I'm "used" to it, but it still is shit.

2 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Still tiggers me every time. Same as the PS Store, ever since that garbage launched on PS3 it's annoyed the hell out of me and it's only gotten worse on PS4 [though at least it doesn't crash on PS4]. I'm "used" to it, but it still is shit.

Yeah, I really hate when something "tiggers" me also.

SXRGrFnA2QoCI.gif

Tiggered.

• Like 4

Today noticed that my own Recent activity view is filled with multiplied trophy messages and such. The latest trophy shows up normally once, the next one twice, the third four times, then the next 16 times... Great job, Sony!

Also there seems to be a lot of inconsistency with the trophy information depending on which view you're looking at. The latest obtained trophy for a game is almost never correct and the trophy rarity varies depending which view you're looking at. -_-

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...