Anyone else get a message from this guy?

- Deleted -

9 minutes ago, ryankamal1998 said:

There's a dude on the gaming sessions offering €650 for the same trophy. Crazy stuff lol.

Whaaaaaat?! Where? Point me in his direction! Need to ask him some serious questions. Mainly - how can you be that bold in life. And did he ever earn that much for a trophy :D.

6 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Well, I guess that's one way of making a job out of a hobby...

Hell yeah, if you can get 650€ for a trophy, that's a good salary. Just wishing trophy hunting had health insurance and taxes included... ?

I just got a message identical to that from another player concerning Titanfall 2's Become the Master trophy (and I mean, the wording was identical to that and everything). I think I may have posted on the other site that I made like a couple attempts at it, and found it was going to take some effort, but I never asked for a shareplay, or hinted that I gave up (not to mention the post is months old, and I haven't really put any serious time into it, to be perfectly honest).

Sometimes these forums can suck, though -- and not just this particular one, but all trophy related ones. I get bizarre and random messages all the time from people soliciting their services that I never even hinted at wanting, not to mention a couple a month from people wanting me to shareplay something from them... Batman Arkham Knight's Brutality 101 will forever be a dark time for trophy-centric websites, because upon giving advice for it on that other forum, I must have gotten at least 10-15 shareplay requests acting like I was some sort of pro, when in actuality I don't think I could even do it twice even at the "exploit" spot.

I just wanna say I'm not saying that I look at @ryankamal1998's trophy list and think "this guy isn't legit", he has a good video showing off the Super Meat Boy platinum that I checked out, so I think if you can do that then you can very likely do Need for Speed, however they are different skill sets. I'm saying the guy who sent the messages to people might look at trophy lists and think "this is too good to be true, I bet he pays for people to do trophies for him" and that might be why he asked. You can grief report people for offering you trophies for money on PSN, if they get enough reports they'll probably end up being banned. 

Edited by Ms Serzilla
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, iamjax said:

I just got a message identical to that from another player concerning Titanfall 2's Become the Master trophy (and I mean, the wording was identical to that and everything). I think I may have posted on the other site that I made like a couple attempts at it, and found it was going to take some effort, but I never asked for a shareplay, or hinted that I gave up (not to mention the post is months old, and I haven't really put any serious time into it, to be perfectly honest).

Sometimes these forums can suck, though -- and not just this particular one, but all trophy related ones. I get bizarre and random messages all the time from people soliciting their services that I never even hinted at wanting, not to mention a couple a month from people wanting me to shareplay something from them... Batman Arkham Knight's Brutality 101 will forever be a dark time for trophy-centric websites, because upon giving advice for it on that other forum, I must have gotten at least 10-15 shareplay requests acting like I was some sort of pro, when in actuality I don't think I could even do it twice even at the "exploit" spot.

Yeah I've gotten a bunch of messages over the years from people asking for help with games I haven't even played in months...

1 minute ago, Ms Serzilla said:

I just wanna say I'm not saying that I look at @ryankamal1998's trophy list and think "this guy isn't legit", he has a good video showing off the Super Meat Boy platinum that I checked out, so I think if you can do that then you can very likely do Need for Speed, however they are different skill sets. I'm saying the guy who sent the messages to people might look at trophy lists and think "this is too good to be true, I bet he pays for people to do trophies for others" and that might be why he asked. You can grief report people for offering you trophies for money on PSN, if they get enough reports they'll probably end up being banned. 

I agree they are 2 very different games but I'll get it done. It'll just take time since racing isn't my strong point at all. Yeah I'll probably do the grief reports in future. That or I'll just change my privacy settings since I only look at messages on my phone :b

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ms Serzilla said:

I just wanna say I'm not saying that I look at @ryankamal1998's trophy list and think "this guy isn't legit", he has a good video showing off the Super Meat Boy platinum that I checked out, so I think if you can do that then you can very likely do Need for Speed, however they are different skill sets. I'm saying the guy who sent the messages to people might look at trophy lists and think "this is too good to be true, I bet he pays for people to do trophies for him" and that might be why he asked. You can grief report people for offering you trophies for money on PSN, if they get enough reports they'll probably end up being banned. 

When was selling trophies ever a bannable offence? 

Edited by Nitro

4 minutes ago, Nitro said:

When was selling trophies ever a bannable offense? 

"Virtual Items have no value or application outside of the game or PlayStation Store, and may not be sold, transferred or redeemed for real world money."

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/legal/terms-of-service/

I'm gonna assume they consider trophies as "virtual items" that cannot be sold, let's just say that it probably won't look good if you go and email Sony telling them that you sell trophies to people for money. 

"Virtual Items have no value or application outside of the game or PlayStation Store, and may not be sold, transferred or redeemed for real world money."

I'm gonna assume they consider trophies as "virtual items" that cannot be sold, let's just say that it probably won't look good if you go and email Sony telling them that you sell trophies to people for money. 

Given the description of virtual items, I don't believe that trophies are encompassed by that. I believe they are talking about like Rocket League keys, FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 4 belts and Fifa coins to name a few.

I see where you're coming from, but I don't think trophies are classified under this rule, otherwise GermanProGaming1 would have been slandered majorly for breaking Sony's ToS by buying all those and other trophy shop owners would  have been as well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Given the description of virtual items, I don't believe that trophies are encompassed by that. I believe they are talking about like Rocket League keys, FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 4 belts and Fifa coins to name a few.

I see where you're coming from, but I don't think trophies are classified under this rule, otherwise GermanProGaming1 would have been slandered majorly for breaking Sony's ToS by buying all those and other trophy shop owners would  have been as well.

Because it didn't seem like he was doing his transactions through PSN messaging and used Facebook to communicate with people who sold him trophies, because he didn't do it through PSN he can't actually ban the people who were selling him trophies or get banned for buying trophies. However, I'm sure if he decided to grief report everyone that offered him trophies for money through PSN messaging, he'd probably be able to get a bunch of people banned. 

Edited by Ms Serzilla

Because it didn't seem like he was doing his transactions through PSN messaging and used Facebook to communicate with people who sold him trophies, because he didn't do it through PSN he can't actually ban the people who were selling him trophies or get banned for buying trophies. However, I'm sure if he decided to grief report everyone that offered him trophies for money through PSN messaging, he'd probably be able to get a bunch of people banned. 

Giving details through PSN is against the ToS, I will agree.

And ofc he will get banned, but all I'm saying is I don't believe selling trophies is against the ToS, the steps to getting there though CAN break several though.

I have helped a lots of people on the ps3 to boost a trophy online that I don't even planned to have myself, but someone offer me his/her help to unlock a trophy for a small fee is soooo out of this world....

though you really need to recharge your phone man, kinda have an itchy feel to recharge it really bad lol!

3 hours ago, zettlock said:

Slow down, he's Polish (according to profile nationality here) :). So, yeah. It makes me sad, since it's my folk. Imma gonna punch some tribesman in da head!

Whoah, slow down there bucko!

Read my comment again and you'll see I'm not talking about the guy OP posted.

2 hours ago, totallycrushed said:

Whoah, slow down there bucko!

Read my comment again and you'll see I'm not talking about the guy OP posted.

Whoa whoa, since we're all slowed down it's time for reflection... and...  you're right. Dammit :) . But I found changing subject of sentences between posts confusing. That's all I have for my defence :D

Edited by zettlock

On 21 May 2017 at 0:28 PM, Banana_Sausage47 said:

Yes I've had this guy message me before about NFS

10 hours ago, LordRandom85 said:

I just got the same message, but from a guy called "NFS_EAGLEONE_PL"

On 21 May 2017 at 11:48 AM, Beeinhollywood said:

I'm online now and just received the same message, but from a different user :/

Holy shit lmao 

On 5/19/2017 at 11:32 AM, Ms Serzilla said:

That rule is referring to what you buy in the PSN store, not the service of someone playing a game for you or helping you in a game or whatever.

Edited by MMDE

that moment when you realize that if you charged a fraction of what this guy is asking to help with trophies you'd have made another million dollars...haha...do it for free or not at all is what I think...i know it must be annoying to recipients of these messages but I could see why these gamers would want to solicit their services...possibly just hard up for $...I realize you guys likely don't want to be bothered with this kind of thing so think responding with a "no, thanks" is cool...ignoring also a good option but might not put an end to the offers...let's just hope this doesn't become "a thing" for more games and trophies...

• Like 1

Haven't seen this topic before...

Yeah, I was actually contacted by him (kam) too! I think it was in February. To be honest, I was actually tempted. At least, a bit interested. So I asked him how it's gonna work and how much he wants and if he can give me any proof to trust him. He said he can do the trophies in 2-3h and linked a youtube video of him doing the prestige races. He wants 80€ for it and also gave me the PSN-names of some users for which he recently did the trophies. I contacted them, they all said he did it for them and it worked smoothly. Then, I declined his whole offer. It's a strange thing he does, but at least he was friendly and polite.

Afterwards I was tempted to retry the prestige races myself. I even got some bronze medals, but then it got to hard for me again. :P But I managed to the get speedlist trophy in a boosting session. :P

EDIT:

Well, a few hours after I posted this, I got a message from NFS_EAGLEONE_PL too...

Edited by ShadowStefan
  • Like 1