Reunion Trophy is Ridiculous

SirShavesALot

Here's my experience earning this trophy. I traveled to the galactic hub like everyone recommended. However, I still couldn't find a player base. I finally stumbled on a base called: 

[HUB4-V-77] ZED {Tourism, Racing} 

Region: Bisticabi Boundary (its in the galactic hub area near the Rentocniijik expanse)

Coordinates: 0469:0081:0D6E:0079

Discovered by Verachuta on March 24, 2017 12:21 AM EST.

I thought racing? Tourism? There is no way they ditched this base. As soon as I warped to that system, I pressed L3 and scanned the base from space. The game gave me a marker to their base's exact location. If you find a system someone discovered, you can warp there and just scan from space to see if they have a base or not. You don't have to land on their planet and build a signal booster.

Once you reach their base, you have to go to the computer where you normally go to claim a habitable base and choose the option to "register your visit"; this is your proof of finding their base. The trophy will unlock afterwards.

The problem with this trophy is that someone could have a system discovered and one of two things can happen. One: they just warped there just passing through and uploaded their discovery for units, or two: they built a base in that system and then moved on to a different system and built their base there. Therefore, be careful when people post their location coordinates on the internet. It could be an old base.

This is why whoever goes for this trophy has to travel to the galactic hub. The galactic hub is an area where you will find the most discovered systems in one area. Thus, having a higher chance someone has a base built. Outside the galactic hub, discovered systems are very rare, and you have to be very lucky to find a base by normal traveling.

What I recommend is if you find someone else's discovery, but you are not sure if they have a base, warp there anyway and reload your save if you don't find a base so that you don't waste a warp cell.

Always, be searching for new discoveries by press up on the D Pad while you are traveling normally or to the galactic hub.

I posted someone else's base earlier. I can't guarantee that base will stay their forever. However my base will be over the course of several months because permadeath won't be done for a very long time. It's in the galactic hub.

Location coordinates: 0469:0081:0D6D:0078

[HUB-V-78] Chariot Discovered by SpecialK050

My base is in a location discovered by someone else, but their base is no longer here.

Good luck to everyone trying to earn this pain in the ass trophy.

Edited by cubbieforlife07
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've occupied a base in the galactic hub ( Hilbert )  0469:0081:0d6d:001f. "Normal" game mode.  Hope you can find it and that trophy hunters can get their much deserved "reunion". Would really like to get the award myself, so if you could let me know of any bases in Hilbert that would be great. Cheers

Edited by ColinReady

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I couldnt get reunion trophy to pop when I joined random lobby and where host had builded base. I spend over 30minutes on his/her base and nothing.  Trophy popped once host disconnected and I was left alone on his base. After I logged out I was back to place where I was in own playthrough. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kallume said:

Is this easier now with the coop ability? If I jump into a game with another player and go to their base, will that pop the trophy?

It's much easier. I could help you out with it if you'd like. Basically, while in coop you won't earn the trophy but on your own playthrough you can. Join someone and go to their base then go back to your own save and access a terminus and go to "Other player bases" then interact with their base computer. That's the easiest way to do it

Edited by Bojuka76
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Bojuka76 said:

It's much easier. I could help you out with it if you'd like. Basically, while in coop you won't earn the trophy but on your own playthrough you can. Join someone and go to their base then go back to your own save and access a terminus and go to "Other player bases" then interact with their base computer. That's the easiest way to do it

Thanks for the info @Bojuka76. I currently only have a perma death playthrough going. From what I've read elsewhere, it may not be possible to earn the trophy in that mode. I'd be keen to try if you've got a playthrough in that mode handy. 

19 hours ago, Kallume said:

Thanks for the info @Bojuka76. I currently only have a perma death playthrough going. From what I've read elsewhere, it may not be possible to earn the trophy in that mode. I'd be keen to try if you've got a playthrough in that mode handy. 

They fixed that bug last year so the Reunion trophy is fully obtainable in Permadeath mode but with the NEXT update installed, the trophy won't pop until the base's owner leaves the game and you interact with Terminal after they leave.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Kallume said:

Already did. His post mentioned two trophies (survival and perma death). Wasn't sure about Reuinion

I am offering help with the base trophy as well. I will edit my post to make that more visible. 

13 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

They fixed that bug last year so the Reunion trophy is fully obtainable in Permadeath mode but with the NEXT update installed, the trophy won't pop until the base's owner leaves the game and you interact with Terminal after they have left.

Spot on with your explanation. Host has to be out of the specific instance. You can be a glowing ball of light in the same star system, but you can't actually be in the same lobby with full character sprites. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

After popping the permadeath trophies (take a deep breath & to live forever) I've reloaded my save and spent a few hours looking for a base, but I'm not having much luck. Mostly I've been travelling to systems that have either been renamed or visited recently. The majority of planets are undiscovered, I assume because players were just passing through on their way to the centre. I'm also unable to find bases from other sites like reddit and the NMS wiki that are near the centre in permadeath.

Anyway, I wondered if anyone has a base near the centre in permadeath mode, whether they'd be willing to share the coordinates? If you're not sure how to do this, build a signal booster on a planet and interact with it, your coordinates are the 16 digits in the following format - 0000:0000:0000:0000. 

In the meantime I'll keep searching manually, I'm not expecting many bases have been built in permadeath so if I can't find one, I'll just start a new save in normal mode and make my way to the galactic hub since that's where the majority of the bases are. Whatever happens, before I leave NMS/permadeath I'll find an undiscovered system (the one I'm in has already been discovered) near the centre, rename it to something really obvious and leave a base there with coordinates if anyone finds themselves in this position in the future. It won't be anything special, just a wooden hut :lol: 

Thanks in advance if you can help.

1 hour ago, FarSideOfSaturn said:

After popping the permadeath trophies (take a deep breath & to live forever) I've reloaded my save and spent a few hours looking for a base, but I'm not having much luck. Mostly I've been travelling to systems that have either been renamed or visited recently. The majority of planets are undiscovered, I assume because players were just passing through on their way to the centre. I'm also unable to find bases from other sites like reddit and the NMS wiki that are near the centre in permadeath.

Anyway, I wondered if anyone has a base near the centre in permadeath mode, whether they'd be willing to share the coordinates? If you're not sure how to do this, build a signal booster on a planet and interact with it, your coordinates are the 16 digits in the following format - 0000:0000:0000:0000. 

In the meantime I'll keep searching manually, I'm not expecting many bases have been built in permadeath so if I can't find one, I'll just start a new save in normal mode and make my way to the galactic hub since that's where the majority of the bases are. Whatever happens, before I leave NMS/permadeath I'll find an undiscovered system (the one I'm in has already been discovered) near the centre, rename it to something really obvious and leave a base there with coordinates if anyone finds themselves in this position in the future. It won't be anything special, just a wooden hut :lol: 

Thanks in advance if you can help.

Post in the taxi thread and @iamthedotcom will help you out with this trophy :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

@HuntingFever Just managed to get the trophy. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction though! And for the advice earlier in the thread, if it wasn't for that I'd still be sitting here without the trophy. 

This is how I got it for anyone wondering. I gave up manually searching and began joining random lobbies, though I got kicked a bunch of times before I'd even loaded in eventually I managed to find someone with a base who let me stay. Like HuntingFever said above the trophy won't pop with the base owner present, so I quit the game after visiting the base, reloaded my single player game, travelled to a space station (anywhere with a portal will do) and teleported back to the base. The trophy unlocked when I interacted with the base computer. So there's an option if help isn't immediately at hand. 

I'd remind everyone to be careful with this method though, while the majority of NMS players are great the host doesn't know why you're there unless you're able to communicate with them so there's a chance they could attack. If you feel like that's going to happen don't take the risk of losing your save and leave if you're in permadeath mode. 

Just the navigators trophy left for me. Like I said earlier I'll leave a base in my current location (final system before the galactic core - permadeath mode) and post the coordinates when it's ready if anyone else finds themselves stuck. It's unlikely anyone will need to go to the effort of travelling there with Dotcom's taxi service and the above method but I figure the more options there are the easier it'll be for everyone. 

Edited by FarSideOfSaturn
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone, 

A few months back I started a single player only profile to get 100% completion on SP only games. I really wanted Elite and No Mans Sky but don't want PS+ for this account as I already have one for my MP account. Elite has online trophies and perhaps I will save that game for my other account, so was hoping No Man's Sky would fill the void for my SP account. 

So as this is the only online required trophy, without PS+ is this requirement near impossible to unlock?

40 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Hi everyone, 

A few months back I started a single player only profile to get 100% completion on SP only games. I really wanted Elite and No Mans Sky but don't want PS+ for this account as I already have one for my MP account. Elite has online trophies and perhaps I will save that game for my other account, so was hoping No Man's Sky would fill the void for my SP account. 

So as this is the only online required trophy, without PS+ is this requirement near impossible to unlock?

1: It is the only dedicated online trophy.

2: It is possible to get this trophy without boosting but it's much harder and many times more frustrating so save yourself the headache and boost both it and the two Survival mode trophies, then you can kill 3 birds with 1 stone :).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

1: It is the only dedicated online trophy.

2: It is possible to get this trophy without boosting but it's much harder and many times more frustrating so save yourself the headache and boost both it and the two Survival mode trophies, then you can kill 3 birds with 1 stone :).

Cheers man. 

Been looking more into the game and it seems people are requesting a lot more online featured game modes. The devs do indeed seem to support the game so I think I will leave it alone and just try it on another account when I can get the game cheap. 

Thanks for answering though man. Much appreciated. 

• 1 year later...
On 3/25/2017 at 11:05 AM, cubbieforlife07 said:

The problem with this trophy is that someone could have a system discovered and one of two things can happen. One: they just warped there just passing through and uploaded their discovery for units, or two: they built a base in that system and then moved on to a different system and built their base there. Therefore, be careful when people post their location coordinates on the internet. It could be an old base.

I think this is what I am having issues with now. I've not long had the game and wanted to get this one and only MP trophy out the way. HuntingForever has been helping me out but I still couldn't get this trophy to pop.

Here's what I have been doing...

Using the portal at the Anomaly.

Selecting a base/planet owned by another gamer.

So far I have visited the Cobra base and the Shipwreck base. Both owned by players.

I go to their computer which is that purple half crescent symbol and select it.

Rather than it giving me an option to log the visit, all I get is a message saying something about this is someone elses base and some other text about either I can't build there or the owner is building somewhere else.  

I even tried leaving the planet, stopping at the nearby space station, leaving that and going back to the other players planet, but still nothing. 

EDIT

Got the trophy

Edited by DaveMcDamage