Who owns this?!

It sucks how little attention this game is getting. PlayStation finally has a brawler, and it's actually good!

Honestly though, I am loving this game. I'd love a chance to partner up with some of you for some 2v2 online. I haven't gotten into a lot of the characters yet (although I've done all of their tutorials), but right now I am playing Radec. Yes, I make use of the sniper.

So, who's your main character and why?

If it's Kratos, gtfo. (Just kidding. Sorta. Well he's a pain in the ass!)

• Like 3

I picked it up for the vita. Need to finish it off but really not that much to keep me interested. I just need 2 characters and to fight someone on my friends list (need help) and then i doubt I will touch it again.

Good game just not nearly enough content to keep me interested. Add me on psn and we can play though.

I have a copy since day 1.

Honestly, the game for me is slightly disappointing. Been able to only kill with supers is a turn off and it just gets boring quick. It's a game to be enjoyed with friends a few times. Also, some of the supers are just way overpowered, For example Spikes level 1 is shit compare to Sly's level 1. It's difficult to use the characters you like since most of the time you'll fight Kratos, Radec (No offense), Sly, Raiden and Nathan Drake. That's kind of my two cents on it, I do still like it just not a WOW factor compare to other games I gotten.

Rant aside you can add me, I haven't done 2v2 with someone yet.

Edited by EliteVega
  • Like 1

I platinumed it a few days before it officially came out, was a fun game still I prefer the more smash brothers style I really don't like having to get finishers to defeat enemies. I tend to use Sly Racoon when I play online because of his good level 1 finisher and his invisibility feature. I've gotten every character to like level 25 + or whatever so I've tried them all out.

This game was far too easy in my opinion and I've kinda been put off playing it again after all the hate I got for using Spike and winning especially against some of the overused and OP characters, I really hated going against Big Daddy, Kratos, Raiden, Sly and Radec fifty million times each...

Returning to this game would require it to get more characters that are actually fun to play as well as doing something to balance characters out since in my opinion Kratos and Big Daddy are just far too OP.

• Like 1

I picked it up for the vita. Need to finish it off but really not that much to keep me interested. I just need 2 characters and to fight someone on my friends list (need help) and then i doubt I will touch it again.

Good game just not nearly enough content to keep me interested. Add me on psn and we can play though.

As far as content, there are a few things to take into consideration. Firstly, they can add DLC, something Smash Bros never had the chance to. Do I necessary like paying for a bunch of DLC? No. However, they're adding Emmett Graves from Starhawk and Kat from Gravity Rush, as well as a Heavenly Sword/WipEout stage, all for free. Secondly, this most likely the first in the series. You get you groundwork down first, then you can start adding more content. Smash Bros only started out with eight characters mind you. Thirdly, this game is built for multiplayer, something Smash Bros never had.

I have a copy since day 1.

Honestly, the game for me is slightly disappointing. Been able to only kill with supers is a turn off and it just gets boring quick. It's a game to be enjoyed with friends a few times. Also, some of the supers are just way overpowered, For example Spikes level 1 is shit compare to Sly's level 1. It's difficult to use the characters you like since most of the time you'll fight Kratos, Radec (No offense), Sly, Raiden and Nathan Drake. That's kind of my two cents on it, I do still like it just not a WOW factor compare to other games I gotten.

Rant aside you can add me, I haven't done 2v2 with someone yet.

I didn't like the whole Supers thing at first, but I definitely do now. It keeps the game high paced at all times, as opposed to Smash Bros where getting in to those high percentages makes everybody play defensively, and slows the game down. The whole uneven Supers thing, the game is in 1.03. They are still balancing things. Besides, not all Supers for characters have the same AP requirements. It just might be that Spike's level 1 costs less AP than Sly's, and his attacks might even net more AP (examples I'm giving here, I don't play with either of the two much).

I have it since Day 1 & I loved it, the Supers System was Kind of a Put off though,

I main Cole & Tried all the Chars. I just dislike the Radec Sniper Spammers (no offense) & Raiden users the Rest I can Cope with

I don't find Big D Op, I think he's more average...

I'm not a strict sniper, the one that sits on the edge of the map spamming it. I won't deny it's usefulness though. However, spammers should be easy to beat. They're predictable.

Decent idea, but only killing with supers gets kinda old, and the problem with new players being matched up against "elite" players still isn't fixed, even though it seems like the ranking system would be a good way to do that.

I can agree with the balancing issues with online. It'll most likely get patched soon.

I didn't like the whole Supers thing at first, but I definitely do now. It keeps the game high paced at all times, as opposed to Smash Bros where getting in to those high percentages makes everybody play defensively, and slows the game down. The whole uneven Supers thing, the game is in 1.03. They are still balancing things. Besides, not all Supers for characters have the same AP requirements. It just might be that Spike's level 1 costs less AP than Sly's, and his attacks might even net more AP (examples I'm giving here, I don't play with either of the two much).

Well, yeah of course people will play defensively if they have low health and are about to be K.O that's kind of the point to survive, even if it slows down the match almost every fighter has it.

The difference with smash is you get to K.O you're opponent in many kinds of way and the supers for them are optional not forced on them.

I doubt they can fix Sly and Spike supers at this point all they can do is increase/decrease the amount of AP they earn like with sackboy. Sly's level 1 is far too powerful you can just use that for the whole match and you will win.

I'm waiting to play Kat since I love Gravity rush. After that I don't know if I'll keep the game or sell it.

Kratos needs to be nerfed dramatically. I never use him because he's so damn cheap. However if you guard his square attacks and attack from a distance, you can defeat any Kratos noob. I love the concept of a PS brawler and using supers compared to a damage meter, but the characters aren't balanced at all...80% of the players just spam the same attack with the same characters and rightfully so. I mean, why in the hell would I use dante's guns if they give me 3 AP per bullet if I can just press square X3 and get 50 AP? Kind of a no brainer, right?

This game could go from good to great if they just balanced the AP system more and really make each attack meaningful and not just have 1 OP move or combo.

Btw, before anyone asks, I play primarly as Spike and Dante. In fact. I haven't even touched Kratos (not even for arcade mode).

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 2

I think you too my comment negatively. I think its a great first entry but needed a bit more. I look forward to the next one. Wish trophied gave me more of a reason to play it longer

No no, sorry, I probably came on a little too strong. Just figured this was the kinda place for discussion, haha. I really love the game, but I could definitely tear it apart as well. Super Smash Bros Brawl had such a huge team working on it, it ended up with so much content. The Subspace Emissary was a great single player (or coop) experience. I thought it was so well done with all of the characters, as opposed to the lame generic "storylines" they chose in All-Stars Arcade mode (granted I've only done Ratchet's and Radec's). The one time they actually have a cinematic is cool, but the slideshow intro/outros were lame. Definitely would have liked more things like minigames and themed challenges.

Well, yeah of course people will play defensively if they have low health and are about to be K.O that's kind of the point to survive, even if it slows down the match almost every fighter has it.

The difference with smash is you get to K.O you're opponent in many kinds of way and the supers for them are optional not forced on them.

I doubt they can fix Sly and Spike supers at this point all they can do is increase/decrease the amount of AP they earn like with sackboy. Sly's level 1 is far too powerful you can just use that for the whole match and you will win.

I'm waiting to play Kat since I love Gravity rush. After that I don't know if I'll keep the game or sell it.

Why wouldn't they be able to do more than change the amount of AP earned? Radec's sniper used to be twice as fast, but they nerfed it by slowing it down. I imagine they could do something like that. I agree though, Sly's level 1 is a real bitch. To be fair though, if you look at the AP requirements for everyone, it's clear to see that continuously using level 1's is the most efficient use of AP for nearly all of the characters (a notable exception being Kratos...). That's something they need to balance out by making the higher level Supers better or something to the effect.

Kat should be interesting, being able to basically free float anywhere (or however it works, I'm not sure yet). I'm happy to welcome another female fighter to the roster. ;]

I would probably play this if it wasn't mainly focussed on multiplayer.

Dude, get it! Or, at least when it's on sale, ha. I'm really enjoying it obviously. Heck, it was only 30 dollars at GameStop at one point for a Christmas sale, I think.

I literally got this game today. I can not wait to try it out, I will for sure partner up with someone

Have you played it since making this post?!

Kratos needs to be nerfed dramatically. I never use him because he's so damn cheap. However if you guard his square attacks and attack from a distance, you can defeat any Kratos noob. I love the concept of a PS brawler and using supers compared to a damage meter, but the characters aren't balanced at all...80% of the players just spam the same attack with the same characters and rightfully so. I mean, why in the hell would I use dante's guns if they give me 3 AP per bullet if I can just press square X3 and get 50 AP? Kind of a no brainer, right?

This game could go from good to great if they just balanced the AP system more and really make each attack meaningful and not just have 1 OP move or combo.

Btw, before anyone asks, I play primarly as Spike and Dante. In fact. I haven't even touched Kratos (not even for arcade mode).

I think there's no debate about Kratos needing to be nerfed, ha. My suggestion would be reducing his AP gain by 25% on average, and reducing the time of his level 3 Super by about 20%. Whenever I see a person using him online, I always double what they're current rank is, because that's what it's going to feel like haha.

As for your Dante example, the only reason I could see someone use the weak guns would be because they're trying to keep distance, or because they're damaging an enemy in 2 v 2 that their partner is performing a combo on (since there's pretty much no knockback). But yeah, I see what you're saying.

• Like 1

This game was one of many great titles under the X-mas tree this year (along with Sleeping Dogs, COD 2, AC 3, ...) so we haven't played that much yet, but it's sure is a fast paced fun brawler! Maybe it's just me, but it feels like a massive improvement over the Beta too in terms of graphics and gameplay.

Not a game to play for hours on end, but that it will get a lot of play is certain!

I loved the beta version and I'm hoping to get this game but only when he becomes cheaper. I just have to wait to final of next year maybe. Or more :(

Why a whole year? I'm sure it will go on sale a lot earlier than that. It didn't do so hot on the market, so I can see them lowering the price real soon.

I loved the beta version and I'm hoping to get this game but only when he becomes cheaper. I just have to wait to final of next year maybe. Or more :(

shoulda got it boxing week it dropped down to half price here in Canada not sure if it did for you or not

my main gripe withh this game is the fact that every game i go into has a Kratos and/or Riaden and it is just anoying also why in the hell are there 2 coles when they could have put in someone else and just have one cole with both evil and good powers

• Like 1

shoulda got it boxing week it dropped down to half price here in Canada not sure if it did for you or not

my main gripe withh this game is the fact that every game i go into has a Kratos and/or Riaden and it is just anoying also why in the hell are there 2 coles when they could have put in someone else and just have one cole with both evil and good powers

I'm in AZ in the States, and it's still at 40 dollars (as opposed to 60).

I agree with the two Coles thing. Bugs the everliving hell out of me. They could've just made his empty circle button switch between the two. It could have literally been done with a single button.

• Like 1

I agree with the two Coles thing. Bugs the everliving hell out of me. They could've just made his empty circle button switch between the two. It could have literally been done with a single button.

Originally, they were going to make cole turn good or evil depending on your decisions during a fight. Suckerpunch, however, insisted Superbot to include both a good and evil cole in the game and the idea was scrapped. Superbot respected Suckerpunch's wishes and added both good and evil cole.

• Like 1

Originally, they were going to make cole turn good or evil depending on your decisions during a fight. Suckerpunch, however, insisted Superbot to include both a good and evil cole in the game and the idea was scrapped. Superbot respected Suckerpunch's wishes and added both good and evil cole.

The first idea sounds complicated as heck. What would even be considered a good decision? You're beating up other characters. Certainly that would be considered an evil thing? Bah, I still like my simplification.