Dishonored Definitive Edition digital giveaway!!!

AARCT1C

12 hours ago, davviood said:

This seems interesting.... 510 and 850. :hmm:

"The winning number does contain one prime number (for example a number like 140 or 180)" <    None of those contain a prime number. I'm confused now. 

Also, tip for you and fair for us.... When you do this updates, you should let us know what guesses are not counting (cause it's edited, it didn't like the post or any other rule) it's already kind of hard for us to look all the numbers and also need to guess if you counted them or not.

Hi there,

Thank you for entering my giveaway and for bringing this to my attention. I'll do my best to answer your concerns.

What I mean with the hint that says the winning number contains one prime number, I meant one of the digits is a prime number. For example, in the number 140 and 180, the 1 is a prime number but 4 and 8 are both divisible by 2 as well as 1 and themselves which means they aren't prime numbers. I probably could have explained that better in the hint section and I apologise for the confusion. I have had a few people bring it up with me recently so I am actually going to remove it and replace it with a much better hint today once I post this reply.

With your last comment, the part about letting you know what counts and what doesn't count, do you mean that you want me to answer everyone individually if their guess is right/wrong? Or do you mean I should put up a list of already guessed numbers? At this point I won't be doing that unfortunately. You are right about it being a pain to look at all the numbers to see what has already been guessed. I go through all the numbers every evening before my daily updates. I do try to get a bit of an idea of what people are guessing around and I try to base my hints section off of that without giving away the winning number. However I feel that since I am offering a free prize to the community that I have paid for, someone who really wants to win it won't mind too much making a bit of effort in spending a few minutes of reading the hints and scrolling to see what others have guessed. I don't want to make it too easy just yet. That being said, this is also a game of chance so the winning number could be guessed tonight by someone using their first ever pick!

Rest assured, I am keeping an eye on how things are going. It's my first ever giveaway so I may make some mistakes here and there and it is a learning curve for me. I hope I've covered everything. Guesses reset in 2 and a half hours from now so feel free to have another try. Thanks again and good luck ?

EDIT:

Yes you have explained yourself. I can see when people don't follow the rules and their guesses are not counted by me. I did quote people during the first day of the giveaway if they broke the rules, but now I believe it is on the individual to read the rules, hints, OP etc, which I can see you have done. If some people haven't read everything and not followed the rules, that's on them.

At the moment I have a daily updated list of people who are actually eligible to participate in the giveaway. I also check all the guesses made between my last daily update through to my new one each day.

The hint about the one prime number digit was confusing a lot of people and causing problems so I have removed it and replaced it with a new hint about the winning number being an even number. I think that one is better. The winning number hasn't changed though, one digit is still a prime number but I don't want to keep answering questions about it so it's gone although still technically true.

Edited by MattyH16
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, MattyH16 said:

Hi there,

Thank you for entering my giveaway and for bringing this to my attention. I'll do my best to answer your concerns.

What I mean with the hint that says the winning number contains one prime number, I meant one of the digits is a prime number. For example, in the number 140 and 180, the 1 is a prime number but 4 and 8 are both divisible by 2 as well as 1 and themselves which means they aren't prime numbers. I probably could have explained that better in the hint section and I apologise for the confusion. I have had a few people bring it up with me recently so I am actually going to remove it and replace it with a much better hint today once I post this reply.

With your last comment, the part about letting you know what counts and what doesn't count, do you mean that you want me to answer everyone individually if their guess is right/wrong? Or do you mean I should put up a list of already guessed numbers? At this point I won't be doing that unfortunately. You are right about it being a pain to look at all the numbers to see what has already been guessed. I go through all the numbers every evening before my daily updates. I do try to get a bit of an idea of what people are guessing around and I try to base my hints section off of that without giving away the winning number. However I feel that since I am offering a free prize to the community that I have paid for, someone who really wants to win it won't mind too much making a bit of effort in spending a few minutes of reading the hints and scrolling to see what others have guessed. I don't want to make it too easy just yet. That being said, this is also a game of chance so the winning number could be guessed tonight by someone using their first ever pick!

Rest assured, I am keeping an eye on how things are going. It's my first ever giveaway so I may make some mistakes here and there and it is a learning curve for me. I hope I've covered everything. Guesses reset in 2 and a half hours from now so feel free to have another try. Thanks again and good luck 1f642.png

Oh no, I didn't mean you need to make a list of every number but let's say during day 6, ten people wrote guesses, but one or two didn't follow the rules, you could quote them or so, and say those didnt count you know? Yeah its our job to check the numbers ,but we can't be sure if you really check if they follow all the rules. Did I explain myself better?

Also, does guesses reset when you post "Day #" then or 24 hrs after our last guess?

Edited by davviood

13 minutes ago, grimydawg said:

Well, you didn't say the number has only one prime number :hmm:  I'll try again tomorrow.

Well now it doesnt even say that at all. Now it says "even number" I dont know what he means now lol @MattyH16 Can you explain that too? So now it doesnt contain one prime number or you just added that as extra?

Is it fair to ask if anyone has guess the right number and it not counted? 

Edited by davviood

53 minutes ago, MattyH16 said:

What I mean with the hint that says the winning number contains one prime number, I meant one of the digits is a prime number. For example, in the number 140 and 180, the 1 is a prime number but 4 and 8 are both divisible by 2 as well as 1 and themselves which means they aren't prime numbers.

But 1 isn't a prime number.Prime numbers from 0 to 9 are

EDIT.Nvm, you removed that hint

Edited by sephiroth4424
  • Like 1

Hi all,

Welcome to Day 7 of my Dishonored giveaway. There are a few things I need to address so I'll cover those in this post. I'm actually updating on time today so that people can space their daily guesses correctly.

The daily competition resets at 8pm my time each day. My timezone is GMT+8.

I have removed the hint about the one digit in the winning number being a prime number. This is still technically true but I have had a lot of questions and concerns about it so I replaced it with the new hint stating that the winning number is an even number. Therefore the last number must be a 0, 2, 4, 6, or 8. I feel this is a much better hint and I know it completely unrelated but it's Easter Sunday and I was feeling generous. Now you have a minimum of 500 numbers to choose from, not including parameters from other hints.

Please be vigilant about not editing your posts. I am the only one who can edit my posts because I'm running the competition. Any posts that have been edited that have the guesses included in them will not be counted as numbers guessed and unfortunately you can not guess again until the next day. This is to ensure that no one changes the number they have guessed, therefore giving them extra turns. I am certainly not accusing anyone of doing this for that reason, but post editing has happened, even within the last few hours today. Please don't do it, I'd hate to see it happen to someone who guesses the right number on an edited post and miss out. It hasn't happened yet though.

If you have any questions, you can send me a message on here and I will respond. Obviously don't ask me for the winning number as refusal may offend!!! This is more so that the thread doesn't get cluttered in questions and also to avoid editing posts and voiding guesses.

Nobody has guessed the correct number yet, whether they are eligible or ineligible. Some people have come close, a couple have come very close. If you guess the correct number but you aren't eligible, I will act as though nothing is happened. I believe that for me to contact that person or to post it publicly here would create an unfair advantage. Thankfully that hasn't happened.

I have removed the original Rule 6 which stated if no one had guessed correctly by April 17th I would start adding hints. Obviously I started adding hints a few days ago. All the rules have shifted up one number (For example, Rule 08 became Rule 07, Rule 10 became Rule 09 etc). Rule 12 is a new rule and I highly recommend you view it. I have also slightly edited a few keywords in a couple of rules so it might be worth refreshing yourself with them.

Anyway, lets get to the rest. Today we have added 8 new contenders for a total of 96 eligible participants. I was pretty happy when we reached 50. Now it looks like we might hit 100. That would be amazing. The hints have been updated a little earlier today than usual and I think they are a bit more helpful than usual. I am considering revealing one of the correct digits in the winning number over the next couple of days so stay tuned.

I hope everyone who celebrates Easter either has or had a great day and ate too much chocolate, I know I did. Those who don't celebrate, I hope it's been a good weekend for you as well. As always,

Good Luck ?

Edited by MattyH16
  • Like 1