Any more good 3rd person hack n slash games out there?

Quink666

The God of War series is my favourite series and they're some great hack'n'slash games, but Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is my favourite game of all time. The Ninja Gaiden series might be known as a "difficult" series, but the combat for the NG games is some of the best I've seen. Difficulty doesn't mean a game is bad, but trophy hunters love to overrate NGS2 for trophies to make themselves seem like a badass. I've also heard the Devil May Cry games are good, so I'll try them out some day and Metal Gear Rising is a well received game.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Quink666 said:

Aren't the Ninja Gaiden series known for beeing EXTREMELY difficult?

In the first one if you die three times in a row you can "abandon the ways of the Ninja" and start on an easier difficulty, not sure how that affects trophies or not... not even sure if the first has trophies on PS3 anyway. Not sure about the other games, the Plus versions on Vita had a new easier difficulty in them added.

edit; also Sigma was easier than the other releases by default

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 1

• If it's hack-n-slash you want you really can do no better than Metal Gear Rising. That game is just cut-cut-cut-cut-cut-jumpcut. But it's for PS3 if that would be a problem. Worth it though. Definitely a challenging platinum.
  • You could also look at Diablo 3 - quite fun but not the sort of game you can plat if you've very little patience for repetition.
  • Dragon Quest Heroes. It's nothing like the exploratory fantasy RPG games it's based on but arena-styled "matches" where you slay hordes of monsters throughout the story. It gets repetitive but it's still quite fun. Fun enough to plat, for me! And some lovable, familiar characters.
Edited by GarryKE
  • Like 1

I'm not sure if you'd call it third person but I can't believe I forgot to mention it. Ys Origin is by far the best hack-n-slash game about. It has the best soundtrack, progressive gameplay and, while dated a little now, is still a big challenge. Its addictive gameplay will keep you busy for hours on end! Definitely go get it.

And since it's platinums you want, and since you mentioned Prince of Persia, the original trilogy is dirt cheap these days and the plats are apparently easy to get. In fact, in the guide for the first, it says you'll only need about 10 hours. But I can't remember the games very well. I think they were hack-n-slash.

It's not available yet, currently in development, but it's worth mentioning Hellblade, just because it looks good fun.

Edited by GarryKE
  • Like 1

On 4/11/2017 at 5:00 PM, Quink666 said:

I totally forgot about that game. PS+ subs got i few months back so i dont even have to spend anymore money to get it.

Killer is Dead is same creator as Shadows of the Damned right?  That Suda51 guy.

As far as I can tell Suda51 was involved in writing the game but he wasn't a game designer or director, which might have been for the best actually. I haven't played too much of it but I've consistently heard the gameplay is the best of the hack and slash type games he's been involved in. 

On 4/11/2017 at 3:39 PM, Quink666 said:

Iv'e recently been hooked by mostly 3rd person hack n slash games. God of War series, DMC, Castlevania 1, 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders 1, Dantes Inferno, Remember Me, Stories: The Path of Destinies & Shadow of Mordor.

Im currently looking for some other games similar to these and preferably with a plat. But if the game is awesome it doesnt really matter.

Is the newest Prince of Persia (2008) game any good? 

Not interested in Darksiders 2 since plat is unobtainable because of the gifting trophy.

Any other tips?

Do you like musou-style games, like Dynasty Warriors? If you do, that series is still strong (in fact, the DW8XL released on PS3 might be my favorite of the series).