Any more good 3rd person hack n slash games out there?

Quink666

Iv'e recently been hooked by mostly 3rd person hack n slash games. God of War series, DMC, Castlevania 1, 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders 1, Dantes Inferno, Remember Me, Stories: The Path of Destinies & Shadow of Mordor.

Im currently looking for some other games similar to these and preferably with a plat. But if the game is awesome it doesnt really matter.

Is the newest Prince of Persia (2008) game any good? 

Not interested in Darksiders 2 since plat is unobtainable because of the gifting trophy.

Any other tips?

Edited by Quink666

Just now, MMDE said:

Souls series + Bloodborne? I mean that's like the best in the genre as of late as far as I'm concerned. Oh and Ni-Oh. And the new NIER I guess.

Never played Dark Souls 1, 2 but ive been hearing good things about Nier and it look goods. 

Will be adding those games to my wish list :>

3 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Never played Dark Souls 1, 2 but ive been hearing good things about Nier and it look goods. 

Will be adding those games to my wish list :>

Don't forget Demon's Souls. I mean, ffs, you've played Bloodborne and Salt n Sanctuary. Souls is pretty much the same as Bloodborne just a bit slower and with defense options. And Salt n Sanctuary is just 2D version of Dark Souls as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Iv'e recently been hooked by mostly 3rd person hack n slash games. God of War series, DMC, Castlevania 1, 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders 1, Dantes Inferno, Remember Me, Stories: The Path of Destinies & Shadow of Mordor.

Im currently looking for some other games similar to these and preferably with a plat. But if the game is awesome it doesnt really matter.

Is the newest Prince of Persia (2008) game any good? 

Not interested in Darksiders 2 since plat is unobtainable because of the gifting trophy.

Any other tips?

Killer is Dead, Castlevania Lord of Shadows 1 & 2 and any game created by Platinum Studios. 

• Like 1

I really enjoyed PoP 2008, but there isn't a whole lot of hack and slash to it. It's more like very relaxed platforming with occasional combat. As for Darksiders 2, the platinum is obtainable on PS4 so why not play it there?

Maybe check out Heavenly Sword (no trophies though :() and Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, both from the same developers as the DmC reboot. I liked both of them, especially the latter one. Also worth looking into PlatinumGames (Bayonetta devs). They went on to make MGR: Revengeance and Transformers: Devastation among other games.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, marvelboy10 said:

Transformers: Devastation

I totally forgot about that game. PS+ subs got i few months back so i dont even have to spend anymore money to get it.

1 minute ago, brandontjon said:

Killer is Dead, Castlevania Lord of Shadows 1 & 2 and any game created by Platinum Studios. 

Killer is Dead is same creator as Shadows of the Damned right?  That Suda51 guy.

Not really a hack 'n slash, but as you mention Shadow of Mordor, you might like Kingdoms of Amalur. It's a fun platinum (don't have the platinum, but 100%-ed it on Xbox 360 and the platinum is the same), and the game is just really really good. Combat is fast and it's fun using spells, regular and ranged attacks all in the same fight.

• Like 1

If you're up for the challenge and can get through the luck factors of it, then Hand of Fate is a rather interesting and fun title. I think it's on sale quite often. It mixes card game, roguelike, RPG and hack n slash. Basically, you set off on a journey through a deck of cards and you try to reach the end and beat some boss at the end. Your real foe is the the dungeon master (think dungeons and dragons). Right now it's anything but an easy plat or 100% for that sake, used to have a small exploit making it a lot easier if you could pull it off, but they fixed that and did some massive changes in an update.

If you liked Salt n Sanctuary, then you may wanna try Apotheon. It's pretty metroidvania, sidescrolling 2D etc, with a bit of hack n slash I guess, but not in the traditional sense.

In a way, Kingdom Hearts is hack n slash, at least in it's battle system. In which case 1 and 2 is great.

Have you played any Dynasty Warriors yet? I think at least some of those One Piece games are like those too. And you also got the RPG-mix of it called Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll. You also got the recent Berserk game which is a version of the DW games.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

The Batman Arkham games are a lot like Remember Me and Shadows of Mordor.

If you enjoyed Stories, Diablo 3 would probably down right blow your mind.

Xmen Origins Wolverine is a pretty good God of War / Dantes Inferno style game.

There's tons of great games in the genre but that's all I can think of off the top of my head that I didn't see listed lol.

Edited by KingGuy420
  • Like 1