How To Be A Trophy Hunter #4 - Blank Accounts (Delay Games Being Added To Your Trophy List)

Stay-Pationt

17 minutes ago, Gray-Fox-44 said:

@Stay-Pationt Nice one! I'll watch the full video later, but first things first... Is it your camera's effect, or is your long horizontal shelf bending due to the weight?? :hmm: Be careful, that could end up so wrong! :lol:

Ha yes the angle makes it look worse but it was basically installed a little wonky (its a 2 part shelf) :) lol. It is safe ;) 

• Like 1

On 21/04/2017 at 2:57 PM, Evil_Joker88 said:

finally had some time to watch your video to the end.... i do think you explained it very well @Stay-Pationt but it's not what i had hoped for 1f62b.png... using this not for any online play/trophy makes this feature less helpful... but Thumbs Up for your work i do know you're just presenting this stuff so i do blame SONY for this not you 1f600.png

Well yes you need to be signed in to play online of course :)  Blank Accounts are incredibly useful if going for a decent percentage though :)

Thanks for the video. I always used a side account method to try out games but I will be using this from now on. I will be testing it with The Last of Us remastered. It feels like a real grind with all those difficulties but maybe I end up liking the game and go for the plat :)

• 1 month later...
On 2017-4-24 at 5:00 PM, BaB3y-DoOllz_ said:

Woh, I didn't know that ! Thanks for the tip !

Sometimes, there are games I want to play but not sure to get the platinium, this a good way to test it !

But I don't like to delete the principal account lol (Are we lost the captures from trophies ?)

You lose the screenshots from your trophies yes unless you copy them to a harddrive first. But they're pointless anyway, noone else can see them except you and even you can only see them if you're on the console the pictures were taken on and they haven't been deleted. They're not to show other people, they're just there if you want to use them as a background to your profile or something.

Do play XCom 2, it is a fun game if you like turn based strategy games. I'll have a look at your other videos now to see what kinds of topics are relevant to other gamers. As for me, if I do not finish a game, then it shall sit there and tell everyone I didn't care enough to continue with that game, but I still found the video informative.

On 2017-6-10 at 1:44 PM, Gibbo_0113 said:

Wont you get the "missing timestamps" though if you use a blank account on the PS3?

As has been mentioned, missing timestamps happen when the PS3 hasn't been connected to PSN at all, on any accounts. The time stamps are based on PSN's clock, not your consoles clock. So as long as you link an account to PSN to sync it with PSN's clock then the actual account you're playing on doesn't need to be signed in.

Edited by Stay-Pationt
  • Like 1

@Stay-Pationt Do you know, what happens with trophies and timestamps if you complete on a blank account the same game which has been on your regular PSN profile already (partially or fully completed), and then login into that blank user with the main account? Or vice versa complete game at first on blank account, then re-play it again on the main one, and afterwards login into that blank account.

Edited by Se7en

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/5/2017 at 6:24 PM, Stay-Pationt said:

You lose the screenshots from your trophies yes unless you copy them to a harddrive first. But they're pointless anyway, noone else can see them except you and even you can only see them if you're on the console the pictures were taken on and they haven't been deleted. They're not to show other people, they're just there if you want to use them as a background to your profile or something.

Other than screenshots, what happen to dowloaded/installed games when you delete your main user? they are console related i hope. 

• 4 weeks later...

I commented on the video and I think it's useful to keep this in mind.

Something to be careful of when doing this is to not wait too long before you sync the trophies to your account!! I can't stress this enough, your account is going to look very funky if you wait too long and people might suspect you of cheating. This is especially true if you play a lot of games in between or you got several blank accounts lined up like this at the same time. The more it happens, the more suspicious it will look, even if it's totally legit. Just a friendly warning! :)

You need look no further than his own account for a glaring example of this. There's some stuff on it I really question too. :| 

On 6/23/2017 at 7:47 PM, Se7en said:

@Stay-Pationt Do you know, what happens with trophies and timestamps if you complete on a blank account the same game which has been on your regular PSN profile already (partially or fully completed), and then login into that blank user with the main account? Or vice versa complete game at first on blank account, then re-play it again on the main one, and afterwards login into that blank account.

Oldest timestamp prevails.

Edited by MMDE

Hey guys. Sorry, since moving on from YouTube I haven't been keeping tabs on forum threads etc but happened to notice a few replies here when I was on the site checking my progress (working on clean up right now :) lol)

Other than screenshots, what happen to dowloaded/installed games when you delete your main user? they are console related i hope. 

No games are deleted when you delete a user so you don't need to reinstall anything. Save files will be gone though so upload them to PS+ or a harddrive first!

On 26/09/2017 at 9:41 AM, MMDE said:

I commented on the video and I think it's useful to keep this in mind.

You need look no further than his own account for a glaring example of this. There's some stuff on it I really question too. :| 

MMDE is here referring to a warning comment that I couldn't see to quote but as he points out it was a fair comment to make. Someone mentioned not to leave too much time before syncing games that are on blank accounts. The reason for this isn't because there is anything wrong with blank accounts themselves but it's simply because of how it could look, despite being legit trophies people might make assumptions and it can be difficult to prove the legitimacy of trophies to someone online if it looks as though hacking might have taken place. 

MMDE emailed me asking about some games on my account which is what he is referring to when he says he questions some of them. (I know most of you know that I would never touch hacking in any form but just to reassure you that I never have and never will, it goes against everything I love about trophy hunting.) The ones he mentioned weren't actually ones I had earned on blanks then synced, they were games like the TellTales games which I played at the same time as others so trophies from multiple games were popping at the same time, which is fine but could cause people to wonder and want to ask for an explanation. I have multiple consoles and TV's and have on several occasions had multiple games on the go simultaneously, the TellTale games are ideal for that as they can be left on autopilot for the most part. But the same applies, although there is nothing wrong with blank accounts or playing more than one game at the same time I suppose it could at times also be difficult to prove that's what you have done rather than hacking. So if anything it could draw attention to your account and lead to questions so it's really up to you. A lot of trophy hunters use blank accounts and they are a legit way of keeping your completion percentage up but as a couple have mentioned just be sensible about it and don't leave too much time or do it too often, keep in mind how things might look to others in case anyone doesn't believe you when they ask why a game appeared on your account much later. You wouldn't have done anything wrong but people might make assumptions that you have.

When it comes to trophy related matters, only proof of hacking (or even playing on a CFW console even if you're not hacking) can get you banned from PSN though so as long as you keep well away from CFW consoles (they ruin trophy hunting for everyone anyway) then you're fine on that front. Worst case scenario could be being removed from PSNProfiles.com if there is a strong reason to believe hacking has taken place, which none of us want as we love and rely on the site so much. But as long as you're not playing loads of games all at once on a regular basis making it look unrealistic and as long as you're not constantly adding blank account games to your account that were earned a long time ago then it should be all good. It's a very handy tool but I only use it for games I want to try but not sure I want to stick with or I'm unsure whether I can plat. Almost all games I play on my account from the get go but I just use blanks for games like Trackmania Turbo and Wipeout Omega Collection. So be sensible and consider how things will look to others, there is nothing wrong with these methods but they could also look like hacking if you're not careful so good advice from all :)

(Sorry for the wall of text, I don't get on psnp forums much or keep tabs on the linked email address so thought I'd respond while I was here. Hopefully what I have said is right, maybe psnp has become stricter more recently with PS4 hacking becoming possible but I'll leave the mods to clear anything up that needs clearing up.)

Edited by Stay-Pationt

1 hour ago, Stay-Pationt said:

Hey guys. Sorry, since moving on from YouTube I haven't been keeping tabs on forum threads etc but happened to notice a few replies here when I was on the site checking my progress (working on clean up right now :) lol)

No games are deleted when you delete a user so you don't need to reinstall anything. Save files will be gone though so upload them to PS+ or a harddrive first!

MMDE is here referring to a warning comment that I couldn't see to quote but as he points out it was a fair comment to make. Someone mentioned not to leave too much time before syncing games that are on blank accounts. The reason for this isn't because there is anything wrong with blank accounts themselves but it's simply because of how it could look, despite being legit trophies people might make assumptions and it can be difficult to prove the legitimacy of trophies to someone online if it looks as though hacking might have taken place. 

MMDE emailed me asking about some games on my account which is what he is referring to when he says he questions some of them. (I know most of you know that I would never touch hacking in any form but just to reassure you that I never have and never will, it goes against everything I love about trophy hunting.) The ones he mentioned weren't actually ones I had earned on blanks then synced, they were games like the TellTales games which I played at the same time as others so trophies from multiple games were popping at the same time, which is fine but could cause people to wonder and want to ask for an explanation. I have multiple consoles and TV's and have on several occasions had multiple games on the go simultaneously, the TellTale games are ideal for that as they can be left on autopilot for the most part. But the same applies, although there is nothing wrong with blank accounts or playing more than one game at the same time I suppose it could at times also be difficult to prove that's what you have done rather than hacking. So if anything it could draw attention to your account and lead to questions so it's really up to you. A lot of trophy hunters use blank accounts and they are a legit way of keeping your completion percentage up but as a couple have mentioned just be sensible about it and don't leave too much time or do it too often, keep in mind how things might look to others in case anyone doesn't believe you when they ask why a game appeared on your account much later. You wouldn't have done anything wrong but people might make assumptions that you have.

When it comes to trophy related matters, only proof of hacking (or even playing on a CFW console even if you're not hacking) can get you banned from PSN though so as long as you keep well away from CFW consoles (they ruin trophy hunting for everyone anyway) then you're fine on that front. Worst case scenario could be being removed from PSNProfiles.com if there is a strong reason to believe hacking has taken place, which none of us want as we love and rely on the site so much. But as long as you're not playing loads of games all at once on a regular basis making it look unrealistic and as long as you're not constantly adding blank account games to your account that were earned a long time ago then it should be all good. It's a very handy tool but I only use it for games I want to try but not sure I want to stick with or I'm unsure whether I can plat. Almost all games I play on my account from the get go but I just use blanks for games like Trackmania Turbo and Wipeout Omega Collection. So be sensible and consider how things will look to others, there is nothing wrong with these methods but they could also look like hacking if you're not careful so good advice from all :)

(Sorry for the wall of text, I don't get on psnp forums much or keep tabs on the linked email address so thought I'd respond while I was here. Hopefully what I have said is right, maybe psnp has become stricter more recently with PS4 hacking becoming possible but I'll leave the mods to clear anything up that needs clearing up.)

The reason I sent you a PM was because of the video. Someone actually sent me a PM about your video. :P When you're promoting this kind of a thing, you should also make sure people know what it can lead to, that's all. :) 

Edited by MMDE

18 minutes ago, MMDE said:

The reason I sent you a PM was because of the video. Someone actually sent me a PM about your video. :P When you're promoting this kind of a thing, you should also make sure people know what it can lead to, that's all. :) 

That's fair. I hadn't really thought about it having any negative consequences at all when I made the video because I had read so many forum threads and posts on here where someone had pointed out a game appearing late on someones account and all the replies were along the lines of "obviously they used a blank account which is fine" and similar comments (often jumping down the OP's throat for even suggesting it could mean hacking) so I assumed it was just common practice which it is among hardcore trophy hunters. Maybe rules have tightened up a bit though so it's good that you guys are reminding people of what they need to know. I think as long as you're not hacking then you're good really, it could just be difficult to convince people you're not if your account looks overly suspect as a result of overuse of blank accounts etc.

Edited by Stay-Pationt

• 1 year later...