Akiba's Beat

starcrunch061

Is it out yet on the West ? I thought it was going to be release in May outside Japan . I really don't know who it is doing in Japan , hoprit turns out good when released here . I still have Akiba's Trip Undead & Undressed to play on my backlog for PS3 since launch.

20 minutes ago, Sigma999 said:

Is it out yet on the West ? I thought it was going to be release in May outside Japan . I really don't know who it is doing in Japan , hoprit turns out good when released here . I still have Akiba's Trip Undead & Undressed to play on my backlog for PS3 since launch.

Sorry - I meant is there anyone who has played the Japanese version of the game?

14 minutes ago, Greenshyguy said:

Here I am thinking it was a rhythm game lol. Looks like it'll be released in EU on 5 May, and NA on 16 May.

Won't be picking this up day one, but will definitely keep an eye on it.

I too am interested. I liked Akiba's Trip 2 far more than I thought I would, and putting the game into a JRPG format seems fun. But man - the game only sold around 20% of its shipped copies, and only around 1/10th of what Akiba's Trip 2 sold (according to Wikipedia). That always sends up a bit of a red flag with me.

4 minutes ago, xZoneHunter said:

Is this game actually related to Akiba's Trip? I have heard almost nothing of this game.

Supposedly. While the mechanics aren't similar in the least, According to Wikipedia, weird supernatural stuff is afoot in Akihabara. It might not be vampires again, though.

5 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Supposedly. While the mechanics aren't similar in the least, According to Wikipedia, weird supernatural stuff is afoot in Akihabara. It might not be vampires again, though.

After watching the trailer it looks kind of shitty, but then again so did akiba's trip. And i really liked that one.

Edited by xZoneHunter

3 minutes ago, Sigma999 said:

Bruh just play the game . Don't hate Strip cause of Beat :awesome:

.eJwNyDsOwyAMANC7sBdj_s6Yi1QoQZAqKQicqerd2ze-j7jHKRZRmftcAPZjbm3scnIbqWRZWitnTv2YcmsXJOa01Su_eYImFck77R2aQIRRgVHWmKiRlCWLMTgD6CM6_e_wWMddn_LVi_j-AC1WI_k.g1Eu89xhldTQleCPveLsQIzirJ0

:awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

I know I shouldn't judge the previous game in the series based on the latest one, but I haven't heard many good things about Akiba's Trip in the first place. From what I've seen, it looks very much like a B, possibly C quality Japanese game. If I see it for dirt cheap, maybe I'll pick it up.

• Like 1

Akiba's Trip is a hoot. Yes, it becomes somewhat repetitive, but it's actually really fun and the story is entertaining, if light. I laughed a lot and enjoyed the story segments. The only thing I didn't enjoy about it was the sister scenario, which you can actually avoid, anyway (it borders on creepy).

That's disappointing to hear what the reviews are saying. I watched one on YT that basically said they wouldn't finish the game because it was just so bad, but I don't think they enjoyed Akiba's Trip as well. I'm on the fence about putting a pre-order in (was gonna do that this week), because I liked Akiba's Trip quite a lot once I tried it. I noticed they delayed it for NA so maybe they'll address somethings people don't like about it. Highly doubt it'll do that well with the new "combat" system. 

Hmm. Interesting while I love the other Akiba's games this one seems to have been lacking something....

5 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

It's a shame to hear the game isn't that great. I've still yet to play Akiba's Trip. Not sure if I ever will.

Play it :awesome:

hgl6D2U6.jpg

• Like 2

Here is the trailer.  Eh, gonna hold off on this.  Looks like it is very inspired by Persona and I thought I spotted a few assets that were used in Akiba's Trip.  Gonna hold off for a steep discount since I'm not completely on board.

On 4/19/2017 at 3:07 PM, Undead Wolf said:

.eJwNyDsOwyAMANC7sBdj_s6Yi1QoQZAqKQicqerd2ze-j7jHKRZRmftcAPZjbm3scnIbqWRZWitnTv2YcmsXJOa01Su_eYImFck77R2aQIRRgVHWmKiRlCWLMTgD6CM6_e_wWMddn_LVi_j-AC1WI_k.g1Eu89xhldTQleCPveLsQIzirJ0

:awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

I know I shouldn't judge the previous game in the series based on the latest one, but I haven't heard many good things about Akiba's Trip in the first place. From what I've seen, it looks very much like a B, possibly C quality Japanese game. If I see it for dirt cheap, maybe I'll pick it up.

I think Akiba's Trip is pretty good, actually. I bought it when I returned the atrocious Ar Nosurge (pipe down, peanut gallery!). I didn't expect much, but I played it through 4 separate times, always on the highest available difficulty, and found it to be very fun. It looks kind of shitty, but it played remarkably well (at least for me).

Your "dirt cheap" philosophy is always sound (particularly for old games), but give it a whirl if you get a chance.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...