Anyone excited for this release?

Seems a bit pricey to me and I don't know much about this game.

I did Code Realize and I kinda gotta bored, but from what I've seen, Period Cube seems to have more interaction than usual for a visual novel.

Characters have levels, HP and MP. There are some kind of fights.

Am I mistaken ?

Edited by darkbeuh

1 minute ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

I am, I love visual novels, and get every one that comes out on Vita/PS4

Do you think they function better on the PS4 or the Vita?

Edited by Terra

Just now, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

I generally prefer them on the vita

I'd have to agree with that. Kind of wish I bought the Nonary Games for my Vita but I couldn't find a copy...oh well. I do like how the PS4 does allow you to get a bigger picture though.

8 hours ago, darkbeuh said:

Seems a bit pricey to me and I don't know much about this game.

I did Code Realize and I kinda gotta bored, but from what I've seen, Period Cube seems to have more interaction than usual for a visual novel.

Characters have levels, HP and MP. There are some kind of fights.

Am I mistaken ?

Need deets on the stats, since that'll determine if I buy this now or later.

7 minutes ago, DuckSwimmer said:

I typically buy majority of the vita games that come out physically because there's barely any T.T But I do enjoy VNs! I'm quite excited for this.

There a few more coming out this year. In May we get Hakouki Kyoto Winds and in July we get Collar X Malice. Your're right though, this is barely anything! :(

2 minutes ago, Terra said:

There a few more coming out this year. In May we get Hakouki Kyoto Winds and in July we get Collar X Malice. Your're right though, this is barely anything! :(

Yeah ): I've been importing lately because there's basically nothing I can really do. I got even so desperate I imported Danganronpa V3 because of the localized version release date being all the way in September..

I wish they localized more VN & Otome games though.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Terra said:

As far as a year for VN's go, this is one of the biggest we'll ever get tho (in the US, not counting steam).

It's a damn shame they don't localize more, there is definitely a market for it- and one that I'd say is large enough for the localization effort to be profitable I have to imagine. I mean, hell, I'd take a shoddy job with crap subs over nothing...

Edited by BENJAM1N_LINUS

On 4/26/2017 at 8:59 AM, Terra said:

Think of it as an interactive manga without much interaction. If that made sense

As far as interaction goes - and I'm sure it varies from game to game - are their voices and the like?  When I first saw this I thought it was an RPG game because of the leveling system that is implemented.

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

Game is now out in European PSN and the price is 50 EUR. :o Are Aksys nuts? Charging for a download-only game 25% more than retail games normally cost at launch.

I only just found out about this game. I take it EU gets screwed out of a physical version again? It looks like importing an NA copy is way more viable than buying it digitally at full price. Either that or wait for a sale.

2 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I only just found out about this game. I take it EU gets screwed out of a physical version again? It looks like importing an NA copy is way more viable than buying it digitally at full price. Either that or wait for a sale.

Yes, this is one is digital-only again. The next Otome which will release in Summer should get a physical release in Europe, according to Aksys:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sigma999 said:

More localized VN titles is always good specially for the Vita . Have to look better to see what kind of VN this actually is .

It has some RPG elements but it's mostly a VN. The battle system is as simplistic as it gets.