[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

From all the games I posted a few days ago I decided to play LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4.

It's another game I already completed on the 360. This event is great for such games. I did both Saints Rows last month, now another one.

I hope I can collect everything in time. LEGO games have so much collectables.

• Like 2

Okay, mid month catch-up.

Completed extra DLC episodes for Minecraft: Story Mode to 100%. I think someone said episodic DLC doesn't count for that challenge? No worries either way. For the monthly maybe it gets a silver? I always got the impression the characters were teens not adults. If you don't agree, again, no worries.

Platinum completed on The Little Acre. An interesting little fantasy/sci-fi point and click where you play half the game as a dad, the other half as his young daughter (I figure 7-8 years old) so should be good for both this month's theme and hardcore. Not a bad little game but pretty short and I still hate the idea of speed-run trophies for adventure games.

Platinum complete for Ratchet & Clank (PS4). Don't really see it applying for this month as you don't play a kid, though maybe you make the argument that Clank is only a few days old in the game? He did just come off the assembly line at the start of the game. ? Maybe someone else makes that case but I'm not.

Platinum completed for Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls. Fun game with a different look on Danganronpa but with the same level of twistedness. Main character a slightly different take on the Japanese teenage heroine so that should be good for this month's theme.

That's it for this month so far. Getting my completion rate back a bit. Trying to finish Operation Babel (more Japanese teen heroes) and will probably run through Root Letter, though they might be older than teens, I can't remember what I read about it. Maybe work more on LittleBigPlanet as I hope to have that for my 100th plat though we are heading up on that fast. Gotta start another game for the Weeblympics, too. Wow, lots to do...

1 hour ago, Kevvik said:

That's it for this month so far. Getting my completion rate back a bit. Trying to finish Operation Babel (more Japanese teen heroes) and will probably run through Root Letter, though they might be older than teens, I can't remember what I read about it. Maybe work more on LittleBigPlanet as I hope to have that for my 100th plat though we are heading up on that fast. Gotta start another game for the Weeblympics, too. Wow, lots to do...

They are all adults. You only have some flashbacks to the teen times.

13 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

From all the games I posted a few days ago I decided to play LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4.

It's another game I already completed on the 360. This event is great for such games. I did both Saints Rows last month, now another one.

I hope I can collect everything in time. LEGO games have so much collectables.

Have fun with LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4! :P It's such a fun and lighthearted game to play! :) 

11 hours ago, Kevvik said:

Okay, mid month catch-up.

Completed extra DLC episodes for Minecraft: Story Mode to 100%. I think someone said episodic DLC doesn't count for that challenge? No worries either way. For the monthly maybe it gets a silver? I always got the impression the characters were teens not adults. If you don't agree, again, no worries.

Platinum completed on The Little Acre. An interesting little fantasy/sci-fi point and click where you play half the game as a dad, the other half as his young daughter (I figure 7-8 years old) so should be good for both this month's theme and hardcore. Not a bad little game but pretty short and I still hate the idea of speed-run trophies for adventure games.

Platinum complete for Ratchet & Clank (PS4). Don't really see it applying for this month as you don't play a kid, though maybe you make the argument that Clank is only a few days old in the game? He did just come off the assembly line at the start of the game. 1f61c.png Maybe someone else makes that case but I'm not.

Platinum completed for Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls. Fun game with a different look on Danganronpa but with the same level of twistedness. Main character a slightly different take on the Japanese teenage heroine so that should be good for this month's theme.

Wow you've been busy! :o:D Well Done on finishing all of those games! :) I've updated your stats! I've done The Little Acre as the platinum as that counts for both the theme and hardcore, which gets you a star for the hardcore challenge. I won't add in Ratchet and Clank as you have said that you wouldn't feel that it fits, if you would like it adding then just let me know :). I've also counted Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls as a gold star for this months theme as that counts towards the theme as well. As regards to Minecraft: Story Mode, I've added a star for this as well to represent that you have completed all episodes in the Minecraft: Story Mode game and gotten the platinum for it so I think it needs a star and also a challenge star to the 'complete all DLC challenge' as well as it has episodes that are DLC. 

If I've missed anything or done something wrong then just let me know. I've only been up half an hour so I'm a little fuzzy haha :) 

Edited by RizzleAbbey12

Sadly i'll have to quit this event. 
It was really fun but the last couple of months themes really screwed my platinum and completition run, since i didn't had many titles eligible but many other that i wanted to do/play and didn't, in the end, cause i pressured myself way too much to do only "event-ok" games. 
I'll hope you all guys will have fun and do your best as always. B) It was a nice ride while it lasted.

4 hours ago, NekoSama87 said:

Sadly i'll have to quit this event. 
It was really fun but the last couple of months themes really screwed my platinum and completition run, since i didn't had many titles eligible but many other that i wanted to do/play and didn't, in the end, cause i pressured myself way too much to do only "event-ok" games. 
I'll hope you all guys will have fun and do your best as always. B) It was a nice ride while it lasted.

I'm sorry to hear this and I'm sorry if you have had to force yourself to play games you didn't want to :(. We know that the last couple of months have been a little tricky in regards to the themes but the next few months look to be a lot simpler and quite fitting in terms of the themes luckily :). You have 2 skips to use so you can use those if you like and maybe see how you feel next month or if you really want to I can remove your stats from the OP, just let me know what you would like to do. 

Just now, Edunstar84 said:

I really enjoyed the ending. So many questions have been answered from the first game, and I can't wait for the the third one. 

Good! That's nice to hear that you enjoyed it! :) So what is it about then, is it kind of an RPG or something like that? I've heard about it quite a lot but I've never really looked into it much. 

3 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Good! That's nice to hear that you enjoyed it! :) So what is it about then, is it kind of an RPG or something like that? I've heard about it quite a lot but I've never really looked into it much. 

Ooooh, how do I explain The Legend of Heroes? Well, it's a traditional, turn-based JRPGs. There are a lot of quests to complete, NPCs to talk to, and customizable team members (equipment-wise). It's a great series to get into, if you're interested in those types of games. It's sort of a mix between Persona 4G and Ys, but has a lot more text to get through.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Edunstar84 said:

Ooooh, how do I explain The Legend of Heroes? Well, it's a traditional, turn-based JRPGs. There are a lot of quests to complete, NPCs to talk to, and customizable team members (equipment-wise). It's a great series to get into, if you're interested in those types of games. It's sort of a mix between Persona 4G and Ys, but has a lot more text to get through.

Ooo it sound's really good! I will definitely have a look at those then, thanks! :) Good luck with getting the plat!

Ok, catching up... yeah, I think it's safe to say I just used my "skip" for last month since I didn't finish anything for it (if I can use skips late?)

However, I see the current theme is "youth" and since Neptunia is listed as an example, I've been playing and working towards platting Neptunia U recently (multiple playable characters where several are children and everyone has "parts" in the story where you have to use them). Just finished the main game, meaning it's mostly a bunch of grinding left

Game is fun, but... gameplay gets repetitive and i'm already getting sick of missions where you have to defeat a large amount of enemies before the boss shows up. I'm glad I got it on sale since I don't feel it would be worth full price x3

Edited by Zanreo

15 hours ago, Zanreo said:

Ok, catching up... yeah, I think it's safe to say I just used my "skip" for last month since I didn't finish anything for it (if I can use skips late?)

However, I see the current theme is "youth" and since Neptunia is listed as an example, I've been playing and working towards platting Neptunia U recently (multiple playable characters where several are children and everyone has "parts" in the story where you have to use them). Just finished the main game, meaning it's mostly a bunch of grinding left

Game is fun, but... gameplay gets repetitive and i'm already getting sick of missions where you have to defeat a large amount of enemies before the boss shows up. I'm glad I got it on sale since I don't feel it would be worth full price x3

Hey Zanreo! It's good to hear from you! :) Yeah you can use your skip for last month, but since you have to choose something to go in it's place, what would you like to put in it's place? :) 

I'm glad to hear that your having fun with Neptunia U. I've heard they can get kind of grindy so good luck with that! :D  Let me know when you've platinumed it and I'll update your stats! Good luck! :P 

Well, if anyone's looking for a "creepy non-horror game" for next month, I'm preeeeeeetty sure Hatoful Boyfriend (PS+ this month) counts. Haven't seen a horror tag for it, at least...

On a semi-related note, why do otome games always seem to have a "complete psychopath actually" route?

Your character is somewhere in the 15-17 range during the main story, so that's something done for this month's theme.

Only took me about 4-5 hours, mainly skipped obvious repeat sections and the entirety of obligatory-creepy-character's stuff.

It's not as bad as it seems, honestly. The writing's pretty good (though I did catch some typos), some routes are fairly entertaining, it sneaks in some references here and there (I caught Pokemon and... Recettear?), and it seems to be a pretty decent VN all around. The best part, though? The true ending. Forget the rest of the game, that would have been a selling point for me and I wouldn't have ignored it on Steam... :popcorn:

LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 is done.

It was nice to replay the game but I didn't notice any better graphics compared with the original version of the game.

This game grants me a star for "played because of this event" and a hardcore star. Harry and all the other students are 10 or 11 in their first year at Hogwarts. That means half of the game you play as a child under 13.

Next I try to finish Among the Sleep. That shouldn't take too long. I also thought about Broken Age. At least the boy should be young enought. Not sure about the girl though.

• Like 1

Well, the good news is I'm getting a lot of mileage out of my Switch and it was money well spent.

The bad news is that it's been weeks since I played anything on my PS4, and with the bare few exceptions (South Park, Assassin's Creed Origins, the occasional hour or two of Elite Dangerous) it doesn't look like this will change soon.

Seems like I'll be getting golds for the remainder of the event, with one or two platinums depending on if South Park counts for October and if Assassin's Creed Origins counts for October/November.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2017 at 0:52 PM, RizzleAbbey12 said:

It looks like Cold Steel ! & II will be available on PS4. Not sure if you bought them yet.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 is done.

It was nice to replay the game but I didn't notice any better graphics compared with the original version of the game.

This game grants me a star for "played because of this event" and a hardcore star. Harry and all the other students are 10 or 11 in their first year at Hogwarts. That means half of the game you play as a child under 13.

Next I try to finish Among the Sleep. That shouldn't take too long. I also thought about Broken Age. At least the boy should be young enought. Not sure about the girl though.

Nice work.  :)

Did you run into any trouble with it? I've been afraid to start any of the older Lego titles because of bugs.

Looked up the characters and there's no ages listed, so that's helpful... don't really know, I'll let @RizzleAbbey12 and anyone else chime in. My impression was that they were older when I played, but there isn't really anything solid.

8 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Well, the good news is I'm getting a lot of mileage out of my Switch and it was money well spent.

The bad news is that it's been weeks since I played anything on my PS4, and with the bare few exceptions (South Park, Assassin's Creed Origins, the occasional hour or two of Elite Dangerous) it doesn't look like this will change soon.

Seems like I'll be getting golds for the remainder of the event, with one or two platinums depending on if South Park counts for October and if Assassin's Creed Origins counts for October/November.

Good! Kind of frustrating when you buy a console and then it just collects dust.

That's fine, you're having fun and still making progress in the event.

Creepy games is leading for now. November... really needs to be figured out.  :dunno:

1 hour ago, Hemiak said:

Been working on Bastion and started 7o Broken Age with the wife. Hopefully I can finish one or both before the end of the month. 

Good pair of games, hope you (and your wife!) enjoy them!

1 hour ago, SyIaris said:

Nice work.  :)

Did you run into any trouble with it? I've been afraid to start any of the older Lego titles because of bugs.

Looked up the characters and there's no ages listed, so that's helpful... don't really know, I'll let @RizzleAbbey12 and anyone else chime in. My impression was that they were older when I played, but there isn't really anything solid.

No major glitches for me. The only "glitch" I had was with the "Quiet Please" trophy. It didn't pop during normal play in Hogwarts. I then started the story level taking place in the library in fee play and the trophy popped.

And the 100% trophy took a few seconds to pop. But apart from that nothing.

You can look in the guide for the PS4 version. There is a link to a glitch list. Just make sure you read it first befor starting.

47 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

@MarkusT1992

@SyIaris

I got the impression both characters from Broken Age are in the 15-17 range. I suppose it's possible one or both are slightly younger or older, but without concrete info. :dunno:

According to Wikipedia they are both teens. So that should fit.