[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

51 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

... I had done everything in Unity except the chests and it STILL took me two full days of gaming to get the remaining chests. It's bad. It's very bad, especially since I started the game with exploring Paris and I refurbished all theatres right away so I had more money than I knew what to do with by sequence three. Chests are useless, and the locked ones are damn annoying.

I know what you mean. It took me several days to collect all the chests but still it wasn't as boring as destroying over 1000 things in Syndicate. I had done that all over the game and still had to drive around for hours.

18 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

Nothing wrong with that - I usually get close, but only open chests I directly stumble into. I'm literally a millionaire in this one, they're completely useless for me. The only chests I actually care about (gold, for costumes) don't even count.

Wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't next to impossible to open rank 3 chests earlier in the game. Meant I only picked up some white collectibles on the way to/from missions and couldn't get the money when it would have helped.  :S

I didn't need the money either but I tend to collect everything I see. That's why I had more than enought soul clusters in Saint's Row 4 and Gat out of Hell. I always saw another cluster I could pick up real quick and than I had hundreds of those. :lol:

After 12+ hours of Assassin's Creed Unity today, it's prepped for a plat, DLC's done, and it's part of Kill Your Completion + Platinum Rain day. I'm not sure my hands work anymore, but hey - city game done.

6 hours ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Checking in to see how y'all are doing. Looks like good progress.

Work is still keeping me extremely busy. I barely get time to play anymore.

Sorry to hear things are still so busy. Hope you're getting some downtime in, whatever the form.

6 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

Thanks! I earned the Rocket League Plat over a year ago, I've just been recently working on the DLC. 

July 2015. I r smart. Bit too much multitasking earlier, apparently. :facepalm:

Edited by SyIaris
  • Like 1

This was a really slow month for me. I was ready for the past theme to win and was getting ready titles like Last Guardian and such, since most of my furure-ish games were already completed months ago. But anyway:

Month of July:

Related to the event:

Dead Synchronicity : Tomorrow Comes Today

Non related to the event: 

Game of Thrones : a Telltale Game

Stats, updated, are the following:

Platinum trophies: + 23

100% completed: + 6

Completion: 65.91%

• Like 1

Okay, finally went and updated the random section in the first post. It's entirely possible I missed some; please let me know if I did.

Next month is another random theme.

Any ideas are welcome, and anything that wasn't previously used is an option - this includes themes such as Past or suggestions from earlier in the year.

@NekoSama87

Yeah, last month was kind of a mess.  :S

Updated you, nice work.

• Like 1

For November something like Open World (3D), Open World (2D), Level based (3D), Level based (2D) could be voted on.

Examples would be

Open World (3D): GTA, Watch Dogs, Minecaft etc.

Open World (2D): Strider, Guacameele, Hue

Level based (3D): Uncharted, Final Fantasy 13 (Was that the one with time travel?), Dishonored

Level based (2D): Super Meat Boy, Mousecraft, Assassin's Creed Chronicles

Edited by MarkusT1992
  • Like 2

How about Remasters, or old school games for next month's theme?

Basically, anything that was originally on an older console, and was re-released. Stuff like Dark Cloud, the Devil May Cry Collection, Final Fantasy X, or even stuff like The Last of Us Remastered?

• Like 2

23 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Awesome, glad you've found so many good ones to play! I seem to remember hearing pretty mixed things about Snake Pass when it came out. Other two don't really sound familiar, I'll have to look 'em up.

Snake Pass is definitely something that will not appeal to everyone, but it's been developed well for sure. I mean, not everybody will like Octodad because of how weird it is but that doesn't mean it hasn't been made well.

Of course the other games don't sound familiar - there's a reason the indie haters of PSNP think I'm King Of The Indies B)

(Never mind me pre-ordering every Assassin's Creed and every Rockstar game, can't have an opinion without automatically being a fanboy these days)

I feel like my modus operandi works rather well though. Ever so often, I stroll the PSN and eShop pages to see what's what. If I find something that looks interesting, I do a few minutes of research online - watch gameplay, read reviews - and if it still looks interesting then I'm getting it. I need even less convincing if I got it through PS+. I've played a lot of amazing games this way that don't even have 5K players on PSNP.

22 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I know what you mean. It took me several days to collect all the chests but still it wasn't as boring as destroying over 1000 things in Syndicate. I had done that all over the game and still had to drive around for hours.

I thought the chests were much more boring than the damaging in Syndicate. The chests took me two full days, the damaging took me an hour or so of grinding at the end, maybe even less.

2 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Open World (2D): Strider, Guacameele, Hue

I played two out of three and I definitely would not call those "open world" games. You're thinking of MetroidVania games here - the world may seem open but thanks to power-gates there's always one clear path to take and rarely do you ever need to go back to an area except to open a new door. If you wanted actual open world games in 2D, you could mention games like Terraria, Retro City Rampage and the likes.

@RizzleAbbey12, @SyIaris, I finished the story of Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, so you can put me down for a silver.

7S7bd9bd.png

Doubt I'll get anything to 100% this month, Elite Dangerous is too much fun. Speaking of, today I started on the long journey towards Sagittarius A*. I've left known space behind, nothing but me and 25K lightyears of uninhabited space... Feels great.

This is what it's like... Sorry for the crude picture, I just photographed my television instead of doing the roundabout way.

4N71OYDh.jpg

@RizzleAbbey12 thought about our discussion of last month and I'm thinking you should keep No Man's Sky in your backlog for now. They're still releasing updates, who knows how much better to play it will be a year from now... Better explore Elite Dangerous first!

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

I played two out of three and I definitely would not call those "open world" games. You're thinking of MetroidVania games here - the world may seem open but thanks to power-gates there's always one clear path to take and rarely do you ever need to go back to an area except to open a new door. If you wanted actual open world games in 2D, you could mention games like Terraria, Retro City Rampage and the likes.

What I had in mind were games you can go everywhere without the ereas being seperated by a level selct screen or a map.

That would for me include Metroidvania games as you could go everywhere if you have the right power.

Many open world games block some parts of the map. It's in each GTA for example.

But Terraria and Retro City Rampage would fit too.

@RizzleAbbey12@SyIaris I got the :platinum: for Saints Row Gat out of Hell earlier today. I had to idle nearly two hours for the last trophy and plat.

I think it won't count for hardcore except a sea of lava counts as ocean. The city is surrounded by it.

1Se9ceee.png

Edited by MarkusT1992
  • Like 1

While updating my games list I got an idea for for next month.

I would suggest games in which you play as a child (not older than 17) for the next month's vote. As a hardcore requirement I would say a child not older than 12 (pre teens)

Example games would be:

No hardcore: Persona 5, Kingdom Hearts, Hyperdimension Neptunia, Digimon World: Next Order

Hardcore: The Walking Dead Season Two, Among the Sleep, Beyond Eyes, Costume Quest

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

While updating my games list I got an idea for for next month.

I would suggest games in which you play as a child (not older than 17) for the next month's vote. As a hardcore requirement I would say a child not older than 12 (pre teens)

Example games would be:

No hardcore: Persona 5, Kingdom Hearts, Hyperdimension Neptunia, Digimon World: Next Order

Hardcore: The Walking Dead Season Two, Among the Sleep, Beyond Eyes, Costume Quest

I second this idea. There has to be loads out there. Plan to play SAO: HF and FF Type 0 next month. A great hardcore theme game: Rime.

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 1

@RizzleAbbey12 @SyIaris Oh fine, if I'm going to log in every once in a while anyway, I guess I can be added to active participants again. This event is the only one I'm doing that for though, and you shouldn't expect me to be here every week. And don't expect me to do a lot of platinuming/100%ing of games, I'm kind of done with trophies that way I guess. I'll probably complete something on occasion but South Park and Assassin's Creed Origins might be the first games I take the time for and I don't know if they'll count for your themes in Oktober/november. Best bet is I'll mostly only be doing silvers until the end of the year.

Here's my 'reviews' on my games for July and August...

July

The Fall

Evaluator.jpg

The Fall is an amazing little game, and I'll definitely recommend it. It's a puzzle game with heavy emphasis on the story, and on what we think constitutes as an AI.

We play as ARID, an AI in a combat flight suit whose main function is keeping the pilot alive. ARID is activated after the suit crashes on an unknown planet, and with most functions being locked or defective from the crash, ARIDs best hope is getting to a hospital. Which is easier said than done, considering the environment she finds herself in...

The Fall is not a large game and can be played through in a few hours. It's not an expensive game either though with a base price of €10, and a sale ever so often. I bought it during the last sale but I can tell you now that the game has left me impressed enough that I'll buy the second game right away once it releases later this year (The Fall is the first game in a planned trilogy).

Even though the puzzles and art style are different, I was reminded of The Swapper a few times and "if you enjoyed one, you'll enjoy the other" definitely applies here.

August

Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack!!!

11917-tales-from-space-mutant-blobs-atta

This game can be described as "2D Katamari with platformer puzzles", and if played for free (I did through my PS Now trial) it can definitely be enjoyed for the snack-sized game that it is. There are some problems that prevent me from recommending it though:

• It being so obviously like Katamari immediately highlights the obvious: Katamari is much better, and it's a shame that Katamari Forever seems to have been removed from PS Now.
  • The idea of being a blob that constantly grows is appealing, but for unexplained reasons the blob shrinks back down in size a bit between about every level. some consistency would have been nice.
  • The platforming puzzles are fun but they aren't always executed that well, it also makes me wonder why the hell these things were constructed in the first place.

At €7 and with no sales in sight, I don't know if I would recommend the game at this point, though if you have PS Now anyway then you should give it a go. Issues aside, it's a fun little platformer that brings some cool ideas to the table, even if it doesn't always know how to execute them.

Here's some more screenshots from Elite Dangerous, now that I've copied them to my computer anyway...

Spoiler

9uNbZ7b.jpg

Aprd5vw.jpg

hp5gxm3.jpg

Tuo9bBx.jpg

That "Dragonfly" is my current ship by the way, it's a Diamondback Explorer, and the one I've chosen to do my pilgrimage to Sagittarius A* with.

• Like 1

Yeesh, you guys were busy yesterday! Nice to see it active.

@MarkusT1992

@ExHaseo

Those all sound good, and thanks for the suggestions. They're in the first post now. :)

The remaster one was actually suggested before, by Zanreo, so I stuck them both there.

@Edunstar84 got your choice noted.

@MarkusT1992 Updated your list. The lava doesn't really seem all that fitting to me, but I'm perfectly willing to be overridden.

@BillyHorrible Octodad is well known for having crazy controls - no thank you.  :P

Bah, there's nothing wrong with indies or AAA games. Play what you want, it's the enjoyment that counts. I haven't heard of those because r/nintendoswitch apparently hasn't been talking about them, but they seem to like indies just fine over there. Seems like a good method... I don't tend to buy anything outside of bundles or sales anymore; too much stuff to play as is.

Updated you and moved you back to the main section. Don't worry about plats, just have fun. Silver's still shiny enough.

November isn't decided, so who knows there. South Park might count for October, I don't know enough about it to make a solid guess.

Elite Dangerous looks a bit like what I've seen of Rebel Galaxy - rated better on Steam as well, and it was a PS+ freebie a while back, if you ever want to check it out.

Finished The Deadly Tower of Monsters last night, started it in large part due to your suggestion - fun game once you're into the second chapter, even if the final boss fight is weird. Thanks.  ^_^

• Like 1

Wow! :o You lot have been busy! As SyIaris says, it's nice to see it active! :) Keep it coming!

Sorry I've been behind on this, I've been sucked into the world of guide writing and I've not been able to stop for the past week haha! :P 

@BillyHorrible, about No Man's Sky. Thanks for the heads up! :) I think it will stay in my backlog for a long time yet anyway what with all of the massive 200 hour games that I've got to play. I'm looking at you Witcher 3! :D Nice to see you back on the Forums again anyway, even if it's just for bits and bobs. 

I'm loving all of the new suggestions that we've got coming in for next month! @MarkusT1992 and @ExHaseo, I really like your suggestions but now I've got to get my thinking cap on big style haha :) I think I'm going to second Markus' suggestion of children and teenagers games! I really fancy playing Kingdom Hearts so this would be perfect!

@SyIaris, oh you should totally play Octodad even if not for the fantastic controls :P but just for the pure laughs you will have while trying to figure out how the hell you going to pick up that toast out of the toaster or pour your coffee into the cups :D It's a proper laugh!

Edited by RizzleAbbey12
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

oh you should totally play Octodad even if not for the fantastic controls :P but just for the pure laughs you will have while trying to figure out how the hell you going to pick up that toast out of the toaster or pour your coffee into the cups :D It's a proper laugh!

Noooo, it can rot in my Steam library with Amnesia and Bioshock and all the other games I'm afraid to start. Surgeon Simulator was bad enough.  xD

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

Noooo, it can rot in my Steam library with Amnesia and Bioshock and all the other games I'm afraid to start. Surgeon Simulator was bad enough.  xD

Haha but your missing out on a AAA game :D! Surgeon Simulator is even better :D Have you played all the way through that?

3 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Hey Rizzle! What's Yonder like? Looks like a cool game.

Well I've only played about a couple of hours of it, but it is absolutely fantastic! It's so beautiful and everything is so cute! The story seems pretty good as well and it's lovely to just wonder around picking up resources and chat to villagers! It's definitely worth a pick up if your thinking about getting it. It's currently £16.99 on Amazon which is where I got it from. :) 

• Like 1

My game this month is going to be Infamous Second Son, going to get the Plat for this, this month.

I played it when it originally came out on the PS4 and completed the storyline when being a hero so this time will do the bad choices and whatever other trophies are  needed for the clean up.

Once that's done going back to Crash, taking a break from it as its driving me insane :I

I totally ruined my completion score as I started Titan Souls and Lords of the Fallen ( which is so slow) Was recommended to play/download as I love Souls/bloodborne but OMG this is like a cheap Souls game :(  And with the Crash game it uploads all 3 games onto your trophies before you play them.

Stats:

Platinum trophies: +4

100% completed: +2

Completion: +0.76%

I completed Walking Dead A New Frontier today.

I liked the first two seasons and I liked this one too. It was pretty intense at times.

I'm on the edge about wether this counts for this month or not. A big part of the game is set in a "city" called Richmond. It's a save place lead by the New Frontier and acts like a real city.

I would let you two decide on it @SyIaris @RizzleAbbey12

I also started inFamous First Light for this month, on which I will concentrate now.

On 6 August 2017 at 1:01 PM, MortalRikku said:

My game this month is going to be Infamous Second Son, going to get the Plat for this, this month.

I played it when it originally came out on the PS4 and completed the storyline when being a hero so this time will do the bad choices and whatever other trophies are  needed for the clean up.

Once that's done going back to Crash, taking a break from it as its driving me insane :I

I totally ruined my completion score as I started Titan Souls and Lords of the Fallen ( which is so slow) Was recommended to play/download as I love Souls/bloodborne but OMG this is like a cheap Souls game :(  And with the Crash game it uploads all 3 games onto your trophies before you play them.

Stats:

Platinum trophies: +4

100% completed: +2

Completion: +0.76%

Thanks for the update! :D I've updated you! You sound like your going to be busy then this month :P Good luck with all of those games and I hope you enjoy them all!

18 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I completed Walking Dead A New Frontier today.

I liked the first two seasons and I liked this one too. It was pretty intense at times.

I'm on the edge about wether this counts for this month or not. A big part of the game is set in a "city" called Richmond. It's a save place lead by the New Frontier and acts like a real city.

I would let you two decide on it @SyIaris @RizzleAbbey12

I also started inFamous First Light for this month, on which I will concentrate now.

Thank you for the update! :D I've updated your stats and I would count it as I remember when I watched the gameplay of it that it has a big city and it is set there like you say :) 

Edited by RizzleAbbey12
Thinking of the wrong game :/
  • Like 1

After a long time, I'm back... I've completed Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4, and I think this game is eligible because of a considerable amount of roaming in the Hidden Leaf Village (despite being named as a "village", I can say that's a city... - mainly in Boruto era) - out the fact that some battle stages are in Hidden Leaf of Hidden Sand...

If this game is considered eligible, then I should receive August's Platinum Grade, a Golden Star for "Another event" challenge (this game was submitted on "A Casual Attack on Your Backlog") and Hardcore challenge (there are also stages and/or roaming in forests and deserts). Since I had completed "Road to Boruto" DLC on July, I should NOT receive DLC challenge's Golden Star.

Updated stats:

Platinum trophies: +27

100% completed: +21

Completion: +2.46%