[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

10 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

No idea what to shoot for for this coming month. Might just say screw it and use my 2nd skip. 

You play as young Nate in UC4 for one chapter if that counts? 

Edit: hmmmm, maybe I could use I Am Bread? The slice you play as can't be more than a week or two old. :awesome:

Yeah I'd count young Nate as you do get to play as him and I'd definitely the count I Am Bread as that is quite clever haha :D 

• Like 1

Hey everyone! So after a super busy month for a lot of people, September is finally upon us and you know what that means! New theme time! Here's you new theme for September!

Games in which you play as a child no older than 17. Hardcore Requirement: The child can be no older than 12.

Examples - Persona 5, Kingdom Hearts, Hyperdimension Neptunia and Digimon World: New Order.

Hardcore Examples - The Walking Dead S2, Among the Sleep, Beyond Eyes and Costume Quest.

As of this post, you have 24 left to earn / update us with your August stats and can now start earning platinums for Septembers theme as of now! I'll post a reminder for people who haven't updated in a while tomorrow! Good luck everyone!

10 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Oh goodness...October! I don't think I have any games that are Halloween-themed, or one that has a pumpkin.

EDIT: Would Danganronpa count?

Urm if the creepy atmosphere one wins the yes I would count it but don't worry about finding a game for the theme, I'm sure you'll have one somewhere plus the new Halloween sale will be up soon. I'm definitely going to get How To Survive 2 from that sale if it's there! :) 

Edited by RizzleAbbey12
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hemiak said:

You play as young Nate in UC4 for one chapter if that counts? 

Edit: hmmmm, maybe I could use I Am Bread? The slice you play as can't be more than a week or two old. :awesome:

I would count any game in which you play as a child for at least one hour.

That's an interestin definition of children :awesome:

1 hour ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Hey everyone! So after a super busy month for a lot of people, September is finally upon us and you know what that means! New theme time! Here's you new theme for September!

Games in which you play as a child no older than 17. Hardcore Requirement: The child can be no older than 12.

Examples - Persona 5, Kingdom Hearts, Hyperdimension Neptunia and Digimon World: New Order.

Hardcore Examples - The Walking Dead S2, Among the Sleep, Beyond Eyes and Costume Quest.

As of this post, you have 24 left to earn / update us with your August stats and can now start earning platinums for Septembers theme as of now! I'll post a reminder for people who haven't updated in a while tomorrow! Good luck everyone!

I still need at least 17 hours for the 40 hour trophy in Saints Row 4. That's gonna be difficult.

And I still need to get the other missiong trophies.

If I get the plat withing the next 24 hours it's counting for August, am I right? Even when the plat is earned on the 1st of September?

Looks like I finally have a good excuse to finish up the PS4 version of Kingdom Hearts II. xD 

No idea what to vote for for next month's theme. I don't really have any games that fit any of the requirements. I'm not big on horror or halloween.

A few more plats since my last update but nothing else that applies to the city environment challenge. Added the following plats:

Sorcery Saga

101 Ways to Die

Minecraft: Story Mode

All good games though.  My end month stats are:

Plats: 93 (+5 month, +26 event)

100%: 40 (NC month, +4 event)

Completion rate: 79.54% (+1.77% month, +0.16% event)

Jak 2 isn't a bad game, but there's no denying it's a jarring switch from the first. My main issues are the checkpoints and the driving controls - the rest of what I played was enjoyable enough, those just caused some pointless frustration. I'm looking forward to 3, since it's supposed to be more polished.

I did an awful job of getting back to The Order and Infamous to get four games for the month. Oh well, life happens.

On 8/29/2017 at 10:07 AM, BillyHorrible said:

Remember though that I thought the first three games were "mèh", like TLOU I thought it was mediocre gameplay saved by the fun Indiana Jones style plot, but Naughty Dog are taking themselves way too seriously. So U4 was the first Uncharted game I personally really liked.

I'd say I'll definitely go for the platinum some time, after I casually played some more backlog games. I sold the game on (game store took it back for €30, so I both played it and obtained Jak1 for just €10) like I tend to do with games I buy day one, since after one playthrough I'm usually done for a while and I can get the game again in a year or two for much lass than what I sold it for and go for the platinum then, enjoying a second playthrough. That's what's keeping me from getting the platinum right now, really, I don't feel like doing a second playthrough right after a first one. Almost never feel like that. I've got Mario + Rabbids to play right now! New games often take priority over games I already experienced for me.

Yeah, seems like a fair assessment of the first one, at least. Good story, but the gameplay isn't great.

Sounds like a good way to handle it, and it making the game cheaper in the long run doesn't hurt. Multiple runs in a row wear me down as well.

Have fun with Mario!

1 minute ago, Kevvik said:

-snip-

Glad you enjoyed them! Got you updated, thanks for the stats.  :)

19 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

Looks like I finally have a good excuse to finish up the PS4 version of Kingdom Hearts II. xD 

No idea what to vote for for next month's theme. I don't really have any games that fit any of the requirements. I'm not big on horror or halloween.

Creepy could get around it, or there's the pumpkin option.

Kingdom Hearts is actually one of the very few games that immediately comes to mind for Halloween games. Mandatory Halloween Town and all that.  xD

32 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I still need at least 17 hours for the 40 hour trophy in Saints Row 4. That's gonna be difficult.

And I still need to get the other missiong trophies.

If I get the plat withing the next 24 hours it's counting for August, am I right? Even when the plat is earned on the 1st of September?

I think I just left the system on while I did other stuff for each game. You definitely don't need that much time for regular gameplay...

Yes, you're right.

38 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

1 minute ago, SyIaris said:

Creepy could get around it, or there's the pumpkin option.

Kingdom Hearts is actually one of the very few games that immediately comes to mind for Halloween games. Mandatory Halloween Town and all that.  xD

You see, you guys have read my mind as this is what I'm planning on doing for September and October. I'm going to do Kingdom Hearts for September and Kingdom Hearts 2 for October! :P 

1 hour ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I'm doing that right now. But 17 hours is a long time. Maybe I can make it in time.

Dont worry about it, just as long as we know about it then it's fine we can still allow it :) 

Things have been crazy this month with a lot of travel for work, but I 100% completed Level 22 which takes place in a city environment for the Gold trophy for the month.

Stats before the event:

Platinum trophies: 31

100% completed: 8

Completion: 31.28%

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: +12

100% completed: +7

Completion: +4.91%

• Like 1

Shame, I voted for the backlog theme.

Anywho, @RizzleAbbey12, @SyIaris, I guess I'll do Jak and Daxter this month then. Both are supposed to be 15 in the first game (according to the fandom wiki), and this way I finally have something for that retro challenge. It would also bring my total number of platinums to 39 so I could do the new South Park or Assassin's Creed for number 40, even if I don't care for that kind of statistic right now.

Also, I noticed you put two :silver: trophies for me in August. As I understood the rules from @xFalionx, you can only get one silver if you didn't 100% and/or platinum anything, which is why I only have one silver for February while I definitely played several PS4 games.

And yeah, I may at one point respond to the people quoting me on my opinion of the Jak games, not right now though because I have stuff to do.

• Like 1

Stats before the event:

Platinum trophies: 39

100% completed: 7

Completion: 69.67%

(Unearned Trophies: 862)

(Games Played: 74)

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: +13

100% completed: +1

Completion: +4.00%

My completion rate went down for this month. Probably because I started another game, which I'm not entirely sure if it will count for September. Would anyone know if Cold Steel 2 counts? And I would like to use my skip for The Book of Unwritten Tales 2.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Komrade_Konrad said:

Things have been crazy this month with a lot of travel for work, but I 100% completed Level 22 which takes place in a city environment for the Gold trophy for the month.

-snip-

Happens sometimes. Things settling down for you now, or are you going to be stuck in transit a lot?

Nice job getting one done, though! How's the game? I've been considering starting it.

Oof, all bronze. Picked the trophy that matched the protagonist for the icon, but let me know if Thanks for the easy copy/paste!

9 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Shame, I voted for the backlog theme.

Anywho, @RizzleAbbey12, @SyIaris, I guess I'll do Jak and Daxter this month then. Both are supposed to be 15 in the first game (according to the fandom wiki), and this way I finally have something for that retro challenge. It would also bring my total number of platinums to 39 so I could do the new South Park or Assassin's Creed for number 40, even if I don't care for that kind of statistic right now.

Also, I noticed you put two :silver: trophies for me in August. As I understood the rules from @xFalionx, you can only get one silver if you didn't 100% and/or platinum anything, which is why I only have one silver for February while I definitely played several PS4 games.

Shit, Jak 1 is unplayable with the new "update" that released today for 60Hz graphics that manages to freeze the game during many cutscenes,which are of course unskippable, and of which even the intro cinematic is one.

Balls.

Sorry, the double silvers were my bad. Knew there was something weird about it but got sidetracked and forgot to look it up - thanks for the correction.  :facepalm:

Sounds like a good choice for this month, and I can't imagine they'll leave it like that for very long. Hopefully it'll be playable within the next couple days...

4 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

This month gives me a prime opportunity to finish up Persona 5. Stupid requests...

Gotta love that JRPG grind.

40 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

-snip-

My completion rate went down for this month. Probably because I started another game, which I'm not entirely sure if it will count for September. Would anyone know if Cold Steel 2 counts? And I would like to use my skip for The Book of Unwritten Tales 2.

Updated, thanks for the easy copy/paste. Skip used.

According to the wiki, it seems like he's 17 and/or 18 in that game. That's right around the cutoff, so I'm not 100%... but I think we're going to have to go "close enough" with a lot of games.  :dunno:

• Like 1

@SyIaris, you just beat me to it with updating as I just managed to get the laptop of my mum haha :D 

8 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

According to the wiki, it seems like he's 17 and/or 18 in that game. That's right around the cutoff, so I'm not 100%... but I think we're going to have to go "close enough" with a lot of games.  :dunno:

Yeah I'd be willing to let Cold Steel count as well and I think that might be the case with quite a few games like you say. Could be a tricky month for game finding as most games don't really say how old the character is :dunno:

14 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

Updated, thanks for the easy copy/paste. Skip used.

3 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

@SyIaris, you just beat me to it with updating as I just managed to get the laptop of my mum haha :D 

Yeah I'd be willing to let Cold Steel count as well and I think that might be the case with quite a few games like you say. Could be a tricky month for game finding as most games don't really say how old the character is :dunno:

Thanks! That would help a lot since I'm really invested in the game.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Dont worry about it, just as long as we know about it then it's fine we can still allow it :) 

I did it. I got the :platinum: in Saints Row IV: Re-Elected. That's my fourth game for August, which will grant me another 4 games in one month star. It should also count for hardcore because there's water all around the city. It's also a game I wouldn't have played anytime soon if not for this event.

Now I'll do the two DLCs and then go on to this month.

And here are my stat updates to copy/paste

Platinum trophies: +15
100% completed: +2
Completion: +5,44%

3 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

2 hours ago, SyIaris said:

2 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

The wiki says for the age 17-18 (CS1-CS2), 20 (CS3), which would mean for me that he's 18 in Cold Steel 2. But the game is set one month after the first one, which could mean he's still 17 at the beginning of the game. So that game is a close one.

3 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Glad we didn't hit another double edit, then.  xD

34 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I did it. I got the :platinum: in Saints Row IV: Re-Elected. That's my fourth game for August, which will grant me another 4 games in one month star. It should also count for hardcore because there's water all around the city. It's also a game I wouldn't have played anytime soon if not for this event.

Now I'll do the two DLCs and then go on to this month.

And here are my stat updates to copy/paste

-snip-

The wiki says for the age 17-18 (CS1-CS2), 20 (CS3), which would mean for me that he's 18 in Cold Steel 2. But the game is set one month after the first one, which could mean he's still 17 at the beginning of the game. So that game is a close one.

Well done! :yay:

The DLC's pretty good, though a couple trophies are a pain. They shouldn't take very long; I want to say 2-4 hours each?

And thank you as well for the handy stats.

It really depends on where the cutoff is, and I don't think it's worth enforcing it that strictly. I mean, with how vague the listing is, he could be 17 for most of the game.  :unsure:

What I'm hoping not to run across is more along the lines of...

260?cb=20160803011607

Behold, Nowi from Fire Emblem Awakening. She's a "child" that's "about a thousand years old". Thanks, fictional logic.  -_-

Edited by SyIaris
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

Well done! :yay:

The DLC's pretty good, though a couple trophies are a pain. They shouldn't take very long; I want to say 2-4 hours each?

And thank you as well for the handy stats.

What I'm hoping not to run across is more along the lines of...

260?cb=20160803011607

Behold, Nowi from Fire Emblem Awakening. She's a "child" that's "about a thousand years old". Thanks, fictional logic.  -_-

I know, I already did them on the 360. Fortunately you can grind the weapon kills in one of the missions. The only difficult trophy is the cart race one and maybe the Paul one.

That's why I said not older than 17. A child with 1000 years is a little over the required age. :P

Colde Steel should work though.

6 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Sounds like a good choice for this month, and I can't imagine they'll leave it like that for very long. Hopefully it'll be playable within the next couple days...

Let's hope so.

Meanwhile, @RizzleAbbey12 / @SyIaris, I felt like playing a queezy game tonight and I played through Bulb Boy on the Switch in one go. Don't know his exact age but BB definitely seems younger than ten.

Thing is, will you allow a :gold: for a completion where I can't show I did so? With @xFalionx earlier this year, for Snipperclips I showed screenshots of the completed levels, but that's no option in this game as it has no statistics page or anything. It's a puzzle point and click game. I checked and the Steam version has achievements, the optional stuff that I missed is just some unique deaths and hidden easter eggs that I could all get in minutes with chapter select, but then still you would only have my word for me actually doing that stuff, no screenshot proof.

I think I'll have to use a skip this month. It's been crazy and I didn't get close to clearing the game I've been working on for this month's theme.

With that said, I did manage to clear CastleStorm and Criminal Girls 2. The first just to get rid of it--I found it easier this time than when I first played it. Criminal Girls 2 was okay on the whole, I'm not sure why I found the first one so much fun anymore after playing this one. But oh well. :|

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: +16

100% completed: +7

Completion: +5.42%

10 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Let's hope so.

Meanwhile, @RizzleAbbey12 / @SyIaris, I felt like playing a queezy game tonight and I played through Bulb Boy on the Switch in one go. Don't know his exact age but BB definitely seems younger than ten.

Thing is, will you allow a :gold: for a completion where I can't show I did so? With @xFalionx earlier this year, for Snipperclips I showed screenshots of the completed levels, but that's no option in this game as it has no statistics page or anything. It's a puzzle point and click game. I checked and the Steam version has achievements, the optional stuff that I missed is just some unique deaths and hidden easter eggs that I could all get in minutes with chapter select, but then still you would only have my word for me actually doing that stuff, no screenshot proof.

Congrats on finishing Bulb Boy! :D Go on then, you can have it as your game for this month! :P I've updated your stats and included it for the hardcore requirement as the boy is under ten. Don't worry about getting proof on games that it would be tricky for, we will include it anyway as we know it can be tricky with other console games sometimes :) 

8 hours ago, cerafinn said:

I think I'll have to use a skip this month. It's been crazy and I didn't get close to clearing the game I've been working on for this month's theme.

With that said, I did manage to clear CastleStorm and Criminal Girls 2. The first just to get rid of it--I found it easier this time than when I first played it. Criminal Girls 2 was okay on the whole, I'm not sure why I found the first one so much fun anymore after playing this one. But oh well. :|

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: +16

100% completed: +7

Completion: +5.42%

Congrats on finishing CastleStorm and Criminal Girls 2! :P Well I have some good news regarding your skip and Augusts month. I did some research on the CastleStorm game and found that it features a couple of cities in the game so I have counted CastleStorm as your August game and also counted it for the completing all DLC in a game challenge as you have done that as well! :) So now you can keep your skip safe for another time when you want to use it or if you'd like you can still use it for this August, just let me know! :PThanks for the easy copy/paste stats! And good luck with Septembers games! :P 

• Like 1