[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

@SyIaris and @MarkusT1992, yeah Broken Age looks pretty good to me if the Wikipedia says they are 15-17 and when I played it Shay and Vella seemed to be quite young to me, so I'd agree with this :) 

@SyIaris, don't worry with the LEGO Harry Potter games in regards to bugs and such as when I played, it ran quite smoothly and I didn't run into any bugs on the PS4 version. As Markus says though, the 100% trophy takes a couple of seconds to pop so don't panic if it doesn't pop straight away. What platform are you planning on playing them on? 

12 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Well, the good news is I'm getting a lot of mileage out of my Switch and it was money well spent.

The bad news is that it's been weeks since I played anything on my PS4, and with the bare few exceptions (South Park, Assassin's Creed Origins, the occasional hour or two of Elite Dangerous) it doesn't look like this will change soon.

Seems like I'll be getting golds for the remainder of the event, with one or two platinums depending on if South Park counts for October and if Assassin's Creed Origins counts for October/November.

Sounds like your really enjoying the Switch which is nice to hear! Yeah I understand with that but don't worry as you can always use your Switch games for the themes. :) 

11 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

It looks like Cold Steel ! & II will be available on PS4. Not sure if you bought them yet.

Thanks for letting me know! :) No, I haven't gotten round to buying them yet but I probably will at Christmas or something like that.

4 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Been working on Bastion and started 7o Broken Age with the wife. Hopefully I can finish one or both before the end of the month. 

Both good games your starting there! I hope you both have fun with them :) 

3 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Good! Kind of frustrating when you buy a console and then it just collects dust

100% accurate! :facepalm: I haven't touched my Xbox One since Christmas due to the amount of games I have still got to play on the PS4 and they are not small games either (looking at you Persona 5, Uncharted, The Witcher 3 and Skyrim ;) )

28 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Platted The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2! Really want to get started on next month's game, but I'm pretty sure I don't have a game with Halloween or inspired by Halloween. I'll double-check, but I doubt it.

Just has to have a creepy theme. I'm going to go back to Evil Within but I think TLOU should fit as well. Lots of creepiness, and it isn't actually a horror game so fits the Hardcore. Limbo, Inside, Little Nightmares, there are lots of 100% games that fit the theme. 

8 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

Just has to have a creepy theme. I'm going to go back to Evil Within but I think TLOU should fit as well. Lots of creepiness, and it isn't actually a horror game so fits the Hardcore. Limbo, Inside, Little Nightmares, there are lots of 100% games that fit the theme. 

Yeah, but there might be a chance that the other option might win. I really hope the creepy category wins though because I feel it's more general and can apply to many more games than the Halloween one.

14 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Platted The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2! Really want to get started on next month's game, but I'm pretty sure I don't have a game with Halloween or inspired by Halloween. I'll double-check, but I doubt it.

Congrats on finishing The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2! :D I've updated your stats! Don't worry about next months theme, as @Hemiak says, it can be a game that you may not think is a fit but could fit as we may think that it's a good fit. :) 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Congrats on finishing The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2! :D I've updated your stats! Don't worry about next months theme, as @Hemiak says, it can be a game that you may not think is a fit but could fit as we may think that it's a good fit. :) 

Great! I've just started Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair. 

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 1

I finished Among the Sleep.

No plat, only a 100% game. It was an interesting experience. I normaly don't play horror games and this one diedn't really feel like one. It was more like a creepy experience without scarry things.

I think I'm done for this month. I might continue with Broken Age a bit but I don't think I will finish it in time.

On 9/21/2017 at 1:45 PM, RizzleAbbey12 said:

don't worry with the LEGO Harry Potter games in regards to bugs and such as when I played, it ran quite smoothly and I didn't run into any bugs on the PS4 version. As Markus says though, the 100% trophy takes a couple of seconds to pop so don't panic if it doesn't pop straight away. What platform are you planning on playing them on? 

100% accurate! :facepalm: I haven't touched my Xbox One since Christmas due to the amount of games I have still got to play on the PS4 and they are not small games either (looking at you Persona 5, Uncharted, The Witcher 3 and Skyrim ;) )

Glad to hear it; I've always heard Harry Potter, (original) Star Wars, and Indiana Jones are the really buggy ones. I have the PS4 collection from some sale or another a while back.

It was the Wii for me - hardly touched the thing and it wound up being my parents' Netflix machine for quite a while. Picked up some games super cheap and it has some VC stuff I want to get to... eventually.

Uncharted is probably the short one there. Haven't played Persona, but the other two RPGs are definitely huge timesinks.  :P

Nothing wrong with a bit of system hopping, though. Especially if you like to play something shorter alongside long or difficult games.

4 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I finished Among the Sleep.

No plat, only a 100% game. It was an interesting experience. I normaly don't play horror games and this one diedn't really feel like one. It was more like a creepy experience without scarry things.

I think I'm done for this month. I might continue with Broken Age a bit but I don't think I will finish it in time.

Updated.

With this month right next to October, I'm noticing a trend with kids being in horror/Halloween games...

Either way, you've gotten three this month - nice work! Broken Age isn't long, but a few of the trophies can slow you down.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

Glad to hear it; I've always heard Harry Potter, (original) Star Wars, and Indiana Jones are the really buggy ones. I have the PS4 collection from some sale or another a while back.

It was the Wii for me - hardly touched the thing and it wound up being my parents' Netflix machine for quite a while. Picked up some games super cheap and it has some VC stuff I want to get to... eventually.

Uncharted is probably the short one there. Haven't played Persona, but the other two RPGs are definitely huge timesinks.  :P

Nothing wrong with a bit of system hopping, though. Especially if you like to play something shorter alongside long or difficult games.

No problem! :P 

I know I should hop a bit more between them as they all deserve my time but I just get so deep into the games that I just can't go on anything else haha :D Hopefully for Christmas I'm going to get a load of Xbox One games that I've put on my list and that will give me a good incentive to go on it. Plus State of Decay 2 is coming out next year! :dance: I'll just leave that there haha!  

1 hour ago, SyIaris said:

Updated.

With this month right next to October, I'm noticing a trend with kids being in horror/Halloween games...

Either way, you've gotten three this month - nice work! Broken Age isn't long, but a few of the trophies can slow you down.

I played a bit today and had no clue what to do. I am at the beginning of act 2 and don't know why I stopped playing the game.

I made a bit of progress though after trying everything with everything.

25 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

No problem! :P 

I know I should hop a bit more between them as they all deserve my time but I just get so deep into the games that I just can't go on anything else haha :D Hopefully for Christmas I'm going to get a load of Xbox One games that I've put on my list and that will give me a good incentive to go on it. Plus State of Decay 2 is coming out next year! :dance: I'll just leave that there haha!  

I'd love to play State of Decay  2 but I have no XBone. I loved the first game on the 360. It was a great game.

• Like 1

Hey, I'm still alive.

I don't know if Lost Grimoires will count for August, as it takes place in a contained Castle and associated town/city within it.

If not, no worries.

For September, I have finished N.E.R.O (Nothing Ever Remains Obscure) as you play as a terminally ill child walking through a dreamscape understanding what his parents tried to do for him and the repercussions of grief, suicide and loss. I know, such positive thinking.

Anything else I should add...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hemiak said:

Got the plat for Bastion last night so got my star for the month. I probably won't finish Broken Age but you never know. Now back to a few things that should count for next month. 

Well Done on finishing Bastion! I've updated your stats :) Did you like it? What do you have planned for next months theme?

55 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Hey, I'm still alive.

I don't know if Lost Grimoires will count for August, as it takes place in a contained Castle and associated town/city within it.

If not, no worries.

For September, I have finished N.E.R.O (Nothing Ever Remains Obscure) as you play as a terminally ill child walking through a dreamscape understanding what his parents tried to do for him and the repercussions of grief, suicide and loss. I know, such positive thinking.

Anything else I should add...

Hey! It's good to hear from you, I hope everything's been good for you! :) I've updated your stats for August and September and counted the games you have given me. 

Here's an update for me;

So I've been working on a few games for Toogie's 13 Plats of Halloween event and I've been working on Resident Evil and Resident Evil 0. I have Resident Evil ready to platinum and I'm about done with my first playthrough of Resident Evil 0. I'll probably end up using my skip for this month as I'm planning on platting them on Halloween or just platting a quick game if I can find one.

3 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Well Done on finishing Bastion! I've updated your stats :) Did you like it? What do you have planned for next months theme?

Yeah Bastion was great. Fun to play, a cool art style, and the way the story was told was really interesting. 

For October I'm hoping to get The Evil Within finished finally and/or TLOU. Both are games I started for my events last year. I enjoy them both but I keep getting distracted. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Yeah Bastion was great. Fun to play, a cool art style, and the way the story was told was really interesting. 

For October I'm hoping to get The Evil Within finished finally and/or TLOU. Both are games I started for my events last year. I enjoy them both but I keep getting distracted. 

It sounds good! :) 

The Evil Within is still on my profile as well as I just keep finding ways not to try and play/platinum it. It just looks so daunting. TLOU is amazing to play! It's one of my favourite games on the PS4! Good luck with those games!

I've been making some slow progress in Resident Evil 0 over the past couple of days and I'm finally getting closer and closer to the platinum! :D I've currently beaten Normal and Leech Hunter mode apart from one trophy linked to it but I'm a little sick of it at the minute. So tomorrow, i'll be moving onto my Hard playthrough I think as I kind of just want to get that one over with as that's the one I'm dreading the most. After that I'll only have to do a speed-run / No Save / No Heal / Wesker Mode but that will be cut into two playthroughs tops. If I can get Hard mode done, I will be on a guaranteed track to the platinum! :P 

I'll have to use a Sliver for this month as I'm not platinuming these games until Halloween due to another event I'm currently participating in!

17 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

I've been making some slow progress in Resident Evil 0 over the past couple of days and I'm finally getting closer and closer to the platinum! :D I've currently beaten Normal and Leech Hunter mode apart from one trophy linked to it but I'm a little sick of it at the minute. So tomorrow, i'll be moving onto my Hard playthrough I think as I kind of just want to get that one over with as that's the one I'm dreading the most. After that I'll only have to do a speed-run / No Save / No Heal / Wesker Mode but that will be cut into two playthroughs tops. If I can get Hard mode done, I will be on a guaranteed track to the platinum! :P 

I'll have to use a Sliver for this month as I'm not platinuming these games until Halloween due to another event I'm currently participating in!

No idea what counts or not (since RE's much more likely to fit for next month), but leaving a game one trophy short for events like that still counts as gold/platinum.  :)

Since we agreed to count Broken age for this month I finished my fourth game this month.

I was at the beginning of act 2 when I continued the game. After finishing the first playthrough I had to do a second partial playthrough of Shays first act. Fortunately I had a save right at the end of act 1 to get the last missing trophy in act 2 without playing the whole first act again.

My speedrun took somethink around 50-55 minutes. That was easier than I thought.

This game grants me a "part of another event" star as it is part of the What the Hell is that still doing there event.

It's also another 4 games in a month star.

And could you please use the following picture for this month:

PS. Did I mention that Among the Sleep counts for the Hardcore Challenge? You play as a two year old girl. I think I forgot to mention that.

Now I'm really done with this month. Probably will start Costume Quest 2 for next month or play a short game not related to the event first.

1 hour ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Since we agreed to count Broken age for this month I finished my fourth game this month.

I was at the beginning of act 2 when I continued the game. After finishing the first playthrough I had to do a second partial playthrough of Shays first act. Fortunately I had a save right at the end of act 1 to get the last missing trophy in act 2 without playing the whole first act again.

My speedrun took somethink around 50-55 minutes. That was easier than I thought.

This game grants me a "part of another event" star as it is part of the What the Hell is that still doing there event.

It's also another 4 games in a month star.

And could you please use the following picture for this month:

PS. Did I mention that Among the Sleep counts for the Hardcore Challenge? You play as a two year old girl. I think I forgot to mention that.

Now I'm really done with this month. Probably will start Costume Quest 2 for next month or play a short game not related to the event first.

Skipping the update for the moment; your picture went poof.

Congratulations on getting four done, though!

Don't believe it was added for hardcore, but I'll double-check when I update.

I suspect that'll be a popular game next month. I've been saving it.

Finished the story for Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair. All I have left is the grinding trophies: island mode, presents, gallery, etc. Depending how fast I can do everything, there's a chance that I'll get the plat on Sunday.

After that I think I'm going to go for Danganronpa: Ultra Despair Girls, while the story's still fresh. 

• Like 1

And Neptunia U is done!

Thoughts (just copypaste from trophy thread)

And another Neptunia spinoff down... Got this during a sale since I didn't feel like paying full price.

Overall, it was alright, fun story with decent but repetitive gameplay.

The lily grind was painful... and for days I thought I didn't get the Event Master trophy for some reason because I never saw the notification for it (either I must have looked away, or the popup didn't show for some reason) but I found out I had actually got it after the platinum popped after getting the lily trophy.

Edited by Zanreo
  • Like 1

On 27/09/2017 at 10:16 PM, SyIaris said:

No idea what counts or not (since RE's much more likely to fit for next month), but leaving a game one trophy short for events like that still counts as gold/platinum.  :)

Ah I forget about that :D Thanks! I'll probably use Resident Evil 0 for this month (Rebecca is 18 in it, would that be okay with everyone? I think we let someone have it with a character who was 18 and I would be struggling for a game with someone who is 17 or under in) and Resident Evil HD for October as that's definitely got a creepy atmosphere!

16 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Finished the story for Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair. All I have left is the grinding trophies: island mode, presents, gallery, etc. Depending how fast I can do everything, there's a chance that I'll get the plat on Sunday.

After that I think I'm going to go for Danganronpa: Ultra Despair Girls, while the story's still fresh. 

Woohoo! :D Good luck with getting the platinum, you can do it! :) 

16 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Got the platinum for Broken Age last night. Finishee Deadly Tower of Monsters too, but that doesn't count. 

Haven't done a full update in a while so. 

Platinum : 132

100% : 40

Comp : 74.01% (highest ever) 

Congrats! Thank you for the easy update! I've updated your stats :) 

6 hours ago, Zanreo said:

And Neptunia U is done!

Thoughts (just copypaste from trophy thread)

And another Neptunia spinoff down... Got this during a sale since I didn't feel like paying full price.

Overall, it was alright, fun story with decent but repetitive gameplay.

The lily grind was painful... and for days I thought I didn't get the Event Master trophy for some reason because I never saw the notification for it (either I must have looked away, or the popup didn't show for some reason) but I found out I had actually got it after the platinum popped after getting the lily trophy.

Congrats! :P I've heard that these games can have a terrible and boring grind which is kind of why I've been putting it off for so long. Plus I already have to many games that need grinding haha :D I've updated your stats!