[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

I finished both DLCs for Saints Row IV today but I guess it's to late for the all DLCs finished challenge to still count.

Did we agree on allowing games in which you only play a little part as a child? If so I could go for Horizon: Zero Dawn this month. Otherwise I need another game but I should have enought to choose from.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Congrats on finishing Bulb Boy! :D Go on then, you can have it as your game for this month! :P I've updated your stats and included it for the hardcore requirement as the boy is under ten. Don't worry about getting proof on games that it would be tricky for, we will include it anyway as we know it can be tricky with other console games sometimes :) 

Thanks! It's also for the "for another event" challenge by the way, as it also counts for the new Switch event.

Nice of you to actually pick a Steam achievement for the list, now I feel bad that I already posted on my phone right after finishing the game because I have a picture for it on my computer which I actually made to fit in the list...

ufxvtUw.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I finished both DLCs for Saints Row IV today but I guess it's to late for the all DLCs finished challenge to still count.

Did we agree on allowing games in which you only play a little part as a child? If so I could go for Horizon: Zero Dawn this month. Otherwise I need another game but I should have enought to choose from.

Yeah I'd count it as you let us know about the DLC before the time was up so I'll update it in the morning :) 

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

Thanks! It's also for the "for another event" challenge by the way, as it also counts for the new Switch event.

Nice of you to actually pick a Steam achievement for the list, now I feel bad that I already posted on my phone right after finishing the game because I have a picture for it on my computer which I actually made to fit in the list...

ufxvtUw.png

Oh right okay, sorry I must have missed that. Sorry about the picture, it took a while to find one that would actually fit and I thought they looked quite fitting based on what I had read about the game, plus it was just a temporary one for the list as I thought you may have had one. :)  Would you like me to change it to the picture you posted?

On 3-9-2017 at 1:46 AM, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Oh right okay, sorry I must have missed that. Sorry about the picture, it took a while to find one that would actually fit and I thought they looked quite fitting based on what I had read about the game, plus it was just a temporary one for the list as I thought you may have had one. :)  Would you like me to change it to the picture you posted?

I actually meant 'fitting' in the literal sense, as in it's 56 by 56 pixels :D

Yeah I'd like it if you changed to the picture I posted, partly because of the size, partly because that's actually Blub Boy himself (and the icon the Switch uses for the game).

No news of another patch for Jak and Daxter, by the way.

I think I'm going to spend the rest of the month mostly playing on the Switch. Really liking Mario + Rabbids and I'm very tempted to just buy Sonic Mania. I've got a bit of money to spare and it seems like they deserve it.

Going to see if I can manage to 100% Mario + Rabbids by October, as it has a halloween-like world, with creepy pumpkins and everything. That way, I'll get a :gold: even if the new South Park and Assassin's Creed manage to not count for whatever exact theme is chosen - and I don't even know if I'll be able to get the platinum in Assassin's Creed in time.

Finished Until Dawn two nights ago. The wiki lists Ashley, Jessica, and Matt at 18 years old. I don't know if this is during the main game or prologue, which takes place a year earlier. Either way you don't actually play as any of these three during the prologue. :(

Hmmm, I just bought Bastion. The character is called The Kid, and doesn't have a specified age. In game lore apparently puts him at somewhere between 16 and 30, so that's helpful. Thoughts? 

Edited by Hemiak

3 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Finished Until Dawn two nights ago. The wiki lists Ashley, Jessica, and Matt at 18 years old. I don't know if this is during the main game or prologue, which takes place a year earlier. Either way you don't actually play as any of these three during the prologue. :(

Hmmm, I just bought Bastion. The character is called The Kid, and doesn't have a specified age. In game lore apparently puts him at somewhere between 16 and 30, so that's helpful. Thoughts? 

I would say he should be young enough. He at least looks like he is. I thought about finishing Bastion too.

Teslagrad should fit the month. I'm playing it right now. I started it zwo years ago after geting it from PS+ because it was one of my first games. I don't know why I stopped. It's quite fun so far. Maybe I stopped because I dodn't like metroidvania games that much back then.

37 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Teslagrad should fit the month. I'm playing it right now. I started it zwo years ago after geting it from PS+ because it was one of my first games. I don't know why I stopped. It's quite fun so far. Maybe I stopped because I dodn't like metroidvania games that much back then.

I did Teslagrad last year and really enjoyed it. Would like another game with similar mechanics. There was really only one area that was hard and I screwed it up so I actually did the whole area backwards to get back to the bottom and do it a 2nd time. :awesome:

I honestly feel like they could've done a lot more with the mechanics and the game was literally made to be speed run. 

1 hour ago, Hemiak said:

I did Teslagrad last year and really enjoyed it. Would like another game with similar mechanics. There was really only one area that was hard and I screwed it up so I actually did the whole area backwards to get back to the bottom and do it a 2nd time. :awesome:

I honestly feel like they could've done a lot more with the mechanics and the game was literally made to be speed run. 

I'm now at the red rooms on the map. That are the rooms on the left side of the giant tree area.

So far everything was quite simple to understand but it could get more difficulte now with the new cloak abillity.

I guess I should do the areas from bottom to top?

I seem to be rather lacking in playstation games for this month if I don't feel like diving into a long jRPG. Think I'll aim to 100% Never Alone on Steam...

On 9/4/2017 at 2:20 AM, BillyHorrible said:

No news of another patch for Jak and Daxter, by the way.

I think I'm going to spend the rest of the month mostly playing on the Switch. Really liking Mario + Rabbids and I'm very tempted to just buy Sonic Mania. I've got a bit of money to spare and it seems like they deserve it.

Going to see if I can manage to 100% Mario + Rabbids by October, as it has a halloween-like world, with creepy pumpkins and everything. That way, I'll get a :gold: even if the new South Park and Assassin's Creed manage to not count for whatever exact theme is chosen - and I don't even know if I'll be able to get the platinum in Assassin's Creed in time.

Sounds like there's a fix out now.  :)

Sonic Mania definitely looks good. Short game, but everything I hear seems to be positive. Mario + Rabbids looked seriously odd to me, but I'm glad to hear it's good!

Swapped in your picture.

On 9/4/2017 at 8:17 AM, Hemiak said:

Until Dawn seems a bit iffy, but I'd okay Bastion.

22 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I would say he should be young enough. He at least looks like he is. I thought about finishing Bastion too.

Yeah, Teslagrad should fit. I found it pretty fun aside from two or three collectibles; hope you enjoy it!

21 hours ago, Hemiak said:

That was bad enough going forwards... I applaud your tenacity.  :P

21 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

In the month of August I platted Titanfall 2 which counted for that months theme and for September I've platted Undertale. I'll update with my current stats when I have more time. 

Updated.

20 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I'm now at the red rooms on the map. That are the rooms on the left side of the giant tree area.

So far everything was quite simple to understand but it could get more difficulte now with the new cloak abillity.

I guess I should do the areas from bottom to top?

You'll hit an area where you have to fly up through an electric maze. That's the one you don't want to do from the top, don't think the others matter - but I think you want to get everything below that maze first anyway. It's been a while.

3 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

So, adding a couple of games for this month's theme:

1. Oxenfree - fun little game about high school juniors who go to the beach and raise the dead...quite literally
  2. Persona 4: Dancing All Night - fun rhythm game starring the high school students of Persona 4

Sounds like good picks. That Persona game looks like it'd be rather hard.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

Until Dawn seems a bit iffy, but I'd okay Bastion.

That was bad enough going forwards... I applaud your tenacity.  :P

Yeah, I was hoping for Until Dawn until I read their ages. Cool on Bastion. I'll start it after my first UC 4 run. 

Yeah, I don't recommend it. @MarkusT1992If you reach the top and miss the item just kill yourself and you'll respawn at the bottom. If you leave the room it will checkpoint you and you'll either have to drop down or go waaaay around.

Never Alone was a ps+ freebie either last year or the year before. I'm thinking about doing it once I get a platinum rank in. 

5 hours ago, SyIaris said:

You'll hit an area where you have to fly up through an electric maze. That's the one you don't want to do from the top, don't think the others matter - but I think you want to get everything below that maze first anyway. It's been a while.

4 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Yeah, I don't recommend it. @MarkusT1992If you reach the top and miss the item just kill yourself and you'll respawn at the bottom. If you leave the room it will checkpoint you and you'll either have to drop down or go waaaay around.

You mean the maze in the main corridor going all the way up?

I think I have still one series of rooms to complete before reaching that part.

The third boss was a bit RNG based even with the abillity to repell the orbs. That fight took me more than a few attempts.

@RizzleAbbey12/@SyIaris

I finished Teslagrad and got the :platinum:. The only difficult part was the electicity maze in the main corridor. It took me a while to get past that part.

I'm not sure wether it should count for the hardcore or not. I mean the boy could be under 13 and he looks like he is.

What I can say though is, that Teslagrad was part of the What the Hell is that still doing there event, thus granting me a star for "part of another event"

Here's the trophy pic: 

I wanted to play Life is Stange next for this event but the main protagonist is 18 :(

That means I might play LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 next. I might put Among the Sleep in there first though. Maybe I play Adventure Time: Finn and Jake Investigations. So much to choose from.

Any suggestions on what to play first?

• Like 1

On 9/5/2017 at 11:21 AM, Hemiak said:

Never Alone was a ps+ freebie either last year or the year before. I'm thinking about doing it once I get a platinum rank in. 

Yep, and so was Costume Quest 2... though I'm saving that one for next month.

Should be good either way, but I'm pretty sure it's short/easy.

On 9/6/2017 at 5:24 AM, starcrunch061 said:

All right, Persona 4: Dancing All Night is now platted!

My most recent stats

Platinums: 235 (+10 since start of event)

Completed games: 299 (+13 since start of event)

Completion%: 79.98% (+.92% since start of event)

Updated.  :)

16 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

@RizzleAbbey12/@SyIaris

I finished Teslagrad and got the :platinum:. The only difficult part was the electicity maze in the main corridor. It took me a while to get past that part.

I'm not sure wether it should count for the hardcore or not. I mean the boy could be under 13 and he looks like he is.

What I can say though is, that Teslagrad was part of the What the Hell is that still doing there event, thus granting me a star for "part of another event"

Here's the trophy pic: 

I wanted to play Life is Stange next for this event but the main protagonist is 18 :(

That means I might play LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 next. I might put Among the Sleep in there first though. Maybe I play Adventure Time: Finn and Jake Investigations. So much to choose from.

Any suggestions on what to play first?

That maze is definitely annoying. Updated, and gave you hardcore. I can't decide how old that protagonist is, he looks like a chibified adult to me just as much as a kid or teen... :facepalm:

I wouldn't have minded the restriction being up to 19 for literal "teens", but it's a bit late to change now...

Those could all be pretty good. Be warned that Lego's known to be prone to glitches; it's actually what I was planning on playing this month. They seem to be different enough that I'd just start whichever sounded most fun at the time.  :dunno:

An update for me: yesterday I've Plat'ed Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm, granting me September's Platinum Grade (well, even Naruto Shippuden features U-17 characters, but like this title says, this game features 13-years-old Naruto). This game also grants me a Golden Star on "Because of this event" Challenge.

Actually, I have another completed game that can be qualified as "a game which you (can) play as an U-18 person/character": F1 2015 - one of available drivers of this game is Max Verstappen, born on September 30th, 1997. On other words, he started 2015 Season with 17 years and a half, and had completed 14 of 19 races before his 18th birthday).

If F1 2015 would be considered eligible for September's theme, it will grants me a Platinum Star and (maybe) a Golden Star on "Different PSNP event" Challenge (F1 2015 was one of my games on Kill Your Completion 4).

Updated stats:

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: +33

100% completed: +21

Completion: +3.04%

Edited by JoaoQuique
  • Like 1

Sorry for the delay, had a few rough days.

On 9/7/2017 at 9:54 AM, Edunstar84 said:

So much to do in Cold Steel 2. Trying to at least finish the story. I might be tempted to put that on the backburner and plat FF Type-0 instead.

Plenty of time left for whatever you want to do this month. :)

On 9/8/2017 at 6:07 AM, JoaoQuique said:

An update for me: yesterday I've Plat'ed Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm, granting me September's Platinum Grade (well, even Naruto Shippuden features U-17 characters, but like this title says, this game features 13-years-old Naruto). This game also grants me a Golden Star on "Because of this event" Challenge.

Actually, I have another completed game that can be qualified as "a game which you (can) play as an U-18 person/character": F1 2015 - one of available drivers of this game is Max Verstappen, born on September 30th, 1997. On other words, he started 2015 Season with 17 years and a half, and had completed 14 of 19 races before his 18th birthday).

If F1 2015 would be considered eligible for September's theme, it will grants me a Platinum Star and (maybe) a Golden Star on "Different PSNP event" Challenge (F1 2015 was one of my games on Kill Your Completion 4).

Updated stats:

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: +33

100% completed: +21

Completion: +3.04%

Updated, and counted both - that's some good research on F1 there, dang.

Nice work!

• Like 1

On 9/2/2017 at 1:24 PM, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Yep I've counted it for you and updated you! :) What game are you playing? ^_^

I'm working on Tokyo Xanadu right now. Apart from 3 characters who are 18 and over, the rest of them are around 16/17 with the main protagonist being 17 years old.

• Like 1

Hey guys! I'm back from my holiday and I don't know what game I'm going to be able to do in the time I have left now. Maybe I could do Resident Evil 0 as you play as Rebecca Chambers who in Resident Evil 0 is 18 which is one year out :rolleyes:. Plus it would get me another challenge star as it counts towards another event as I'm participating in Toogie's 13 Plats of Halloween and I would be able to do it in last couple of weeks left in September. 

18 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

All right, Oxenfree is now platted!

My most recent stats

Platinums: 237 (+12 since start of event)

Completed games: 301 (+15 since start of event)

Completion%: 79.93 (down a bit since last time, but still +0.87% since the start of the event) 

Congrats on finishing Oxenfree! :P I've updated your stats and thank you for the easy stat update! :) Did you enjoy it? I've been looking at it for a while as it looks pretty interesting! :D  

2 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Congrats on finishing Oxenfree! :P I've updated your stats and thank you for the easy stat update! :) Did you enjoy it? I've been looking at it for a while as it looks pretty interesting! :D  

It's like the B-Sharps. It's really clever and interesting the first time you play it, but it becomes substantially less interesting as you continue playing it. It's fair enough on the cheap, though, so consider looking into it if it pops up in a sale. I also think it's a prime candidate for PS+ game of the month, so you might wait for that possibility.

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

It's like the B-Sharps. It's really clever and interesting the first time you play it, but it becomes substantially less interesting as you continue playing it. It's fair enough on the cheap, though, so consider looking into it if it pops up in a sale. I also think it's a prime candidate for PS+ game of the month, so you might wait for that possibility.

Yeah I've thought that myself when I've looked at the trophies before so I definitely want to wait for a sale but now you mention it, it does seem like a very fitting choice for PS+. Get on it Sony :P