[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

1 minute ago, MarkusT1992 said:

You could also try to platinum South Park for next month.

This had crossed my mind but I'd need another entire playthrough on the hardest difficulty settings and I don't know if I'll have time for that, seeing as I also have Assassin's Creed Origins, Super Mario Odyssey, Battlefront II and another KYC event.

5 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I would say that singleplayer games with a group should count even when you only controle one.

Then maybe Assassin's Creed Origins will count as well. I'm not sure because I'm not far into the game yet but it might be that the main character will found a form of assassin group in the end. There's also something else I've been thinking about for this game but if my guess is correct and it's true, then the game might count even more.

Spoilers for Origins follow, don't open either unless you have left the Alexandria story missions behind you or unless you don't care:

Spoiler

You start playing as Bayek, who is being helped by an eagle, which you also control. A few hours into the game, it turns out your wife is working on assassinating people together with you, she's with you in your revenge plot. Still a bit later, it's strongly suggested that she will be playable later on in the game. This means you yourself are playing a team of two people working together towards the same goal, who are being assisted by an eagle which you also control.

27 minutes ago, Cubone said:

This had crossed my mind but I'd need another entire playthrough on the hardest difficulty settings and I don't know if I'll have time for that, seeing as I also have Assassin's Creed Origins, Super Mario Odyssey, Battlefront II and another KYC event.

Then maybe Assassin's Creed Origins will count as well. I'm not sure because I'm not far into the game yet but it might be that the main character will found a form of assassin group in the end. There's also something else I've been thinking about for this game but if my guess is correct and it's true, then the game might count even more.

Spoilers for Origins follow, don't open either unless you have left the Alexandria story missions behind you or unless you don't care:

Reveal hidden contents

You start playing as Bayek, who is being helped by an eagle, which you also control. A few hours into the game, it turns out your wife is working on assassinating people together with you, she's with you in your revenge plot. Still a bit later, it's strongly suggested that she will be playable later on in the game. This means you yourself are playing a team of two people working together towards the same goal, who are being assisted by an eagle which you also control.

It's known that at the end of Origins the Brotherhood of the Assassins is founded by Bayek. That was one of the first things Ubisoft told about the game.

IIRC it's even in the launche trailer.

Edited by MarkusT1992

Just now, MarkusT1992 said:

It's known that at the end of Origins the Brotherhood of the Assassins is founded by Bayek. That was one of the first things Ubisoft told about the game.

When I know I want to play or watch or read something story-heavy I try to go in as blind as possible. I barely read/watched anything on Origins, felt like being surprised. Didn't know until last week that it was actually set during Cleopatra's time.

6 minutes ago, Cubone said:

When I know I want to play or watch or read something story-heavy I try to go in as blind as possible. I barely read/watched anything on Origins, felt like being surprised. Didn't know until last week that it was actually set during Cleopatra's time.

It's sometimes unavoidable to get some information about games even when you try to go in blind.

I hope I didn't spoil you too much with my last post. I'll put in a spoiler just in case other people don't want to read it.

4 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

It's sometimes unavoidable to get some information about games even when you try to go in blind.

I hope I didn't spoil you too much with my last post. I'll put in a spoiler just in case other people don't want to read it.

Mèh, as you can see I already theorised it myself, because of a few things I see in the game and a few things I don't.

Technically,

Spoiler

You're spoiling that Bayek will survive (most of) the events of the game (not a given any more because they're not using ancestral DNA lines this time but a different explanation) but Ubisoft already spoiled that themselves by saying we will control Bayek in the DLC set after the events of the main game.

Nevertheless, can't be too careful with spoilers, especially as it's a new game and we're in a thread where people don't expect to read about a specific game, better to stay in spoilers when talking specifics.

Updates'll be tomorrow with the big one.

There will be no tie again. I'm sitting on my vote if it comes to it.  :facepalm:

And yeah, the way I see it... there are 3v3 fighting games, army vs army strategy games, some tactical shooters, team vs team PvP stuff... more or less, as long as there are or reasonably can be 3+ active characters in the fight, seems like it should be good. Dragon's Dogma doesn't allow you to control pawns, but you still have 1-3 following you around like lost murderous puppies all the time. Not sure if @Pikachu agrees, though. :dunno:

A lot of those optional co-op ones would probably cancel out hardcore, though; don't really tend to face a "similar team".

Pokemon marathon, anyone?

And now I wonder what happens if I finish a game during the overlap that counts for both.  :hmm:

• Like 1

Eh, mediocre post. Woke up too early...

New theme's open whenever you feel like submitting entries; we'll still take October's for a few more days. :)

In theory, everyone that posted should be updated now. First post did a weird blip on me, so something may be off.

November's theme: group / team / party games

This time around, you need to be able to be part of or controlling a group of 3+ active members. The obvious genres are RPGs (Final Fantasy, Dragon's Dogma, Kingdom Hearts, Tales...) and sports, but strategy (army vs army), tactical shooters (Valkyria Chronicles), and loads of co-op games are big contenders too - don't be afraid to look around!

As always, we hope you enjoy the theme, and welcome any and all discussion in the thread.

Hardcore: games where you frequently face a similar opponent (ex: many sports, many PvP games, Pokemon, team-based Fighting games, etc)

@cerafinn   *S

@Hemiak   *S

@Kent10201

@Komrade_Konrad  *S

@Zanreo  *S

We don't seem to have anything listed for you in October, if you'd like to post. Those of you with *S by your name have skips available, if you finished something that didn't qualify and you want to use it instead.

@Pikachu  You... kinda have nothing in your list for the last two months. :P

Edited by SyIaris
  • Like 2

Here are my stats for this month.

Platinum trophies: +20
100% completed: +4
Completion: +8,13%

just one question to next Month. I don't know if I have time to complete a game. I might finish the story mode of FIFA though. Would this count as story complete? Or would it be dificulte to complete the story of a sports gameß

• Like 1

Okay, end month stat stuff...

So I completed Among the Sleep 100% for a 4th creepy game for October.  Still have some work to do on Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters but as the ghost catching segments are team based, I'll try to finish it in November for that month's theme while doing KYC V as well.

End October stats:

Platinums: 100 (+33)

100% games: 44 (+8)

Completion Rate: 81.48% (+2.10%)

Great work again this month, folks.  Looking forward to another month of Madness, muuhuahaha!  Cheers folks and Happy Halloween!

Edited by Kevvik
  • Like 1

Nothing for me. I finished two new 100% games, neither of which count unless I'm really stretching. I did finish each zone I needed to see the entire Necrodancer story, so I guess you could give me a silver if you really want. :dunno:

I almost bought, started, or returned to games that would count several times, but I just couldn't get the motivation this month.

On a positive, my completion is now 74.52%, which is the highest it's ever been. 

• Like 2

Does anyone have any examples of games with ice levels? Otherwise I'll have to vote for snow - Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Monthly update:

Platinum trophies: +15

100% completed: +1

Completion: +5.46

A bit low on the completion because I started 2 new games then finished it, and platted Danganronpa 2 for October. Also started a new game at the very end. It will be my team theme as I fight with 3 mercenaries. 

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Zanreo said:

Yeah... I didn't get much done and when it comes to games I was mostly busy with Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey, so nothing for me this month

I see so damn many people on my friends list playing Odyssey... Much more than the one in four Switch owners that bought Odyssey in the first three days according to the financial report. More like three in four.

Edited by Cubone
typo

Hey everyone! I hope you all had a great Halloween! :D Congrats on all of the games you have all finished this month!

I can't believe it's November already! But nevertheless, I'm glad that it is as this means it's only a few weeks until Christmas which is my favourite time of year! :P Anyway, here's my stats for October:

I managed to platinum 5 games in October and 100% another game which I have all been doing for Toogie's 13 Plats of Halloween event! :) I platinumed Resident Evil, Resident Evil 0 (which I used for September's theme), Alien: Isolation, Claire, Kona and 100%ed Home. I don't think I've platinumed that many games in a month before as it normally takes me ages to plat a game so I'm really happy with those! Oh I also achieved a new milestone in the form of Resident Evil 0 as I made that my 75th platinum! :D Also I've managed to get a few extra challenge stars in this event so overall, I've not done bad in October!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

Hey everyone! I hope you all had a great Halloween! :D Congrats on all of the games you have all finished this month!

I can't believe it's November already! But nevertheless, I'm glad that it is as this means it's only a few weeks until Christmas which is my favourite time of year! :P Anyway, here's my stats for October:

I managed to platinum 5 games in October and 100% another game which I have all been doing for Toogie's 13 Plats of Halloween event! :) I platinumed Resident Evil, Resident Evil 0 (which I used for September's theme), Alien: Isolation, Claire, Kona and 100%ed Home. I don't think I've platinumed that many games in a month before as it normally takes me ages to plat a game so I'm really happy with those! Oh I also achieved a new milestone in the form of Resident Evil 0 as I made that my 75th platinum! :D Also I've managed to get a few extra challenge stars in this event so overall, I've not done bad in October!

Congrats on your November achievements.

....I meant October. Geez...

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Edunstar84 said:

Just realized my mistake. I'm already declaring your November achievements so, you know, you're going to have to do something now.

Haha no worries! I don't really know what I'm going to play for this months theme so I'll have to have a think about that one.

3 hours ago, Pikachu said:

I wanted to ask you, as you know I was on The 13 plats of Halloweem event, and I completed both Puppeteer and Lone Survivor for both events, doesn't that give me a HC achievement for this event ??

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

I wanted to ask you, as you know I was on The 13 plats of Halloweem event, and I completed both Puppeteer and Lone Survivor for both events, doesn't that give me a HC achievement for this event 1f914.png?

No that would give you two stars for the challenge entitled - "Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event.".

To earn stars for the HC, you have to complete the Hardcore Requirement for that month. You can find the HC at the top of the OP on the first page. In this month's case, the HC is - games where you frequently face a similar opponent (ex: many sports, many PvP games, Pokemon, team-based Fighting games, etc)

Hope this helps! :) 

11 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

No that would give you two stars for the challenge entitled - "Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event.".

To earn stars for the HC, you have to complete the Hardcore Requirement for that month. You can find the HC at the top of the OP on the first page. In this month's case, the HC is - games where you frequently face a similar opponent (ex: many sports, many PvP games, Pokemon, team-based Fighting games, etc)

Hope this helps! :) 

Uh yeah I got confused beetween Challenges and HC ahcivements xD I think I'll be playing Final Fantasy X for this month's theme, that's gonna be a tought one ?