[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

8 hours ago, Kevvik said:

Yeah, my son loves his but he has wisely been careful in what games he coughs up for.  As a result, he has enjoyed all the games he has bought to the fullest.  Wish I showed that kind of restraint at times.

I find I play the Vita both away and at home as while I have all 3 systems (3/4/V), the rooms all get used quite regularly between my wife and 3 kids (for more than just gaming).  Plus, grinding away on JRPGs/enjoying good puzzle games are not limited strictly to being away for me.

I have all 3 systems as well. We have 1 TV, I have an Internet connection stable enough to do Remote Play (on Vita or PC), but I always end up playing and finishing games on my Vita. I think next year I'll have to focus more on my PS3. I haven't bought any PS3 games since January, and I think I'm done padding my collection.

@Edunstar84 @Kevvik wait, so neither of you have their own Mancave? I have SNES/Switch/PS3/PS4 (I sold my 3DS when I wanted the Vita, sold my Vita and Wii when I wanted the Switch), the dock for the Switch is in the living room since I can play it in handheld if my wife wants to use the television, but the standard set-up for the rest is everything in the Mancave. No girls or kids allowed, though the dog is allowed and I've put a longchair in the Mancave just so he doesn't have to stay in the living room when I game (he's an old dog and isn't used to lying on the hard floor).

31 minutes ago, Cubone said:

@Edunstar84 @Kevvik wait, so neither of you have their own Mancave? I have SNES/Switch/PS3/PS4 (I sold my 3DS when I wanted the Vita, sold my Vita and Wii when I wanted the Switch), the dock for the Switch is in the living room since I can play it in handheld if my wife wants to use the television, but the standard set-up for the rest is everything in the Mancave. No girls or kids allowed, though the dog is allowed and I've put a longchair in the Mancave just so he doesn't have to stay in the living room when I game (he's an old dog and isn't used to lying on the hard floor).

I'm too poor to have one :( But it's the dream!

19 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

I'm too poor to have one :( But it's the dream!

I have a super tiny one right now, but I have one and that's what matters :)

We're starting to work on moving into a bigger place soon (an actual house instead of an apartment), so I'll be getting a bigger mancave as well. Yay!

• Like 1

On 27/11/2017 at 1:03 PM, Cubone said:

Alienation: personally, I'd only play it if I had others to play with. I think there are enough cool games out there that are worth your time and money more.

Skyrim: finishing before the end of the month - kidding, right? Not only is the game massive, I'd have to do all required for the platinum just to upgrade to a :gold: for the month!

I'm over ten hours into the game but I haven't even reached Ivarstead yet. Yeah, I'm not finishing the game this month :)

Oh right thank you for that. :) I do have ALOT of other games that I need to play first haha.

Skyrim: Yeah I did think of that when I'd posted my response earlier. I lost all of my save data a while ago for Skyrim and I was so gutted. It was over 50 hours of gameplay and I couldn't upload it to the cloud as I don't have PS + :(.

On 27/11/2017 at 5:16 PM, Kevvik said:

No worries, I know how busy things can get. All my gaming has been in short burst this month with a couple of exceptions. We'll see how next month goes as I am on holidays for half of December but travelling too. Go Vita!

Thank you! :) Mine has been pretty much like that for the past couple of months as well due to family stuff. But hopefully, I'll be able to get on my PS4 more before Christmas as things have died down a bit now. Woop! Go Vita! It comes in handy for everything doesn't it? :D 

22 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Was there snow in Uncharted 2? Maybe I can clear the game next month then. That would be my 3rd game I'm planing to do next month.

In terms of of this month's theme I got the same as Billy. Only managed to finish the story of Alienation this month together with Billy ond vin_rob.

So a :silver: rank for me and the same picture Billy posted.

Sounds like everybody is going to be playing Uncharted 2 next month then :D

Okay, I've updated you. Well Done on finishing the story! :).

21 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

Started working on my game for next month, World of Final Fantasy. There's an ice dungeon, and a huge snow area. Doesn't count for the hardcore, but it'll work! It's also super fun, and the characters look so freaking adorable that I can't even sometimes.

That sounds great to me! :) That's nice to hear that your enjoying it! Would you say that it's a game for the PS4 or the Vita? I ask that because I've been looking to get it for a while and I'd love a great, beefy game for me to get into on the Vita, but only if it fits it. Aww I know, those characters are sooo cute!

7 hours ago, Pikachu said:

That sounds great to me! :) That's nice to hear that your enjoying it! Would you say that it's a game for the PS4 or the Vita? I ask that because I've been looking to get it for a while and I'd love a great, beefy game for me to get into on the Vita, but only if it fits it. Aww I know, those characters are sooo cute!

It has cross-save, so you can technically do both, but you have to buy a copy on both systems. It would work great on either system honestly. Would definitely work well on Vita, because it's like a mix between Pokemon and Final Fantasy, and it would work well on the go. I keep wishing I had a Vita copy, so I could play it when I'm away from my PS4. It sure is pretty on PS4 though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

It has cross-save, so you can technically do both, but you have to buy a copy on both systems. It would work great on either system honestly. Would definitely work well on Vita, because it's like a mix between Pokemon and Final Fantasy, and it would work well on the go. I keep wishing I had a Vita copy, so I could play it when I'm away from my PS4. It sure is pretty on PS4 though.

Thank you :). I'll definitely be getting this for my Vita then as I could do with a big game for it as I haven't been on it in a while. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Pikachu said:

Oh right thank you for that. :) I do have ALOT of other games that I need to play first haha.

Skyrim: Yeah I did think of that when I'd posted my response earlier. I lost all of my save data a while ago for Skyrim and I was so gutted. It was over 50 hours of gameplay and I couldn't upload it to the cloud as I don't have PS + :(

Alienation isn't the first time you've asked for my opinion on a game I got through PS+, add cloud storage and online multiplayer, why not get PS+? It's on sale occasionally in physical stores... Personally, I get my money's worth just from the IGC, giving me enough new games to play without actually buying them, and since I haven't bought them I don't feel obliged to finish them in the occasion thatI don't like them the first few hours that I play :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cubone said:

Alienation isn't the first time you've asked for my opinion on a game I got through PS+, add cloud storage and online multiplayer, why not get PS+? It's on sale occasionally in physical stores... Personally, I get my money's worth just from the IGC, giving me enough new games to play without actually buying them, and since I haven't bought them I don't feel obliged to finish them in the occasion thatI don't like them the first few hours that I play :)

Oh I didn't even know it had been offered as apart of PS+ :facepalm:. I do get PS+ for a few months of the year (mainly when I love the look of a game offered) but I don't get a big subscription as I find that the games offered as apart of the IGC, are games that I; A; already have in my backlog or B; I've already played/platted and sold. These reasons coupled with the fact that I don't have a lot of multiplayer games which I don't play alot of (I think I have about 2 or 3) and I don't really like playing online, mean that getting it would be a bit of a waste of money, especially when I could get a game I like with that money. The only plus point of getting PS+, for me, would be to back up saves, but again, my PlayStation doesn't crash often (just that particular time really) and I've normally finished the game I was playing by then anyway haha :). Anyway, I was just curious as to what Alienation was like that's all just in case I was to buy it in the future. :) 

Edited by Pikachu
  • Like 1

Just now, Pikachu said:

Oh I didn't even know it had been offered as apart of PS+ :facepalm:. I do get PS+ for a few months of the year (mainly when I love the look of a game offered) but I don't get a big subscription as I find that the games offered as apart of the IGC, are games that I; A; already have in my backlog or B; I've already played/platted and sold. These reasons coupled with the fact that I don't have a lot of multiplayer games which I don't play alot of (I think I have about 2 or 3) and I don't really like playing online, mean that getting it would be a bit of a waste of money, especially when I could get a game I like with that money. The only plus point of getting PS+, for me, would be to back up saves, but again, my PlayStation doesn't crash often (just that particular time really) and I've normally finished the game I was playing by then anyway haha :). Anyway, I was just curious as to what Alienation was like that's all just in case I was to buy it in the future. :) 

I have PS+ until summer next year. What with having the Switch now and not being a big online gamer, I'm thinking about trying to do most PS+ games thatI have an interest in and then not renewing any more. Might sell my PS3 soon as well, just clutter at this point, so I'm mostly looking into finishing the PS4 games. My PS4 will be around for a while, especially now that I've picked up PSVR, so if the PS+ offerings get more to my liking then I'll just renew.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cubone said:

I have PS+ until summer next year. What with having the Switch now and not being a big online gamer, I'm thinking about trying to do most PS+ games thatI have an interest in and then not renewing any more. Might sell my PS3 soon as well, just clutter at this point, so I'm mostly looking into finishing the PS4 games. My PS4 will be around for a while, especially now that I've picked up PSVR, so if the PS+ offerings get more to my liking then I'll just renew.

Yeah that's about the same for me as well. I'm planning on playing a lot more of my Xbox One next year which means I'll be buying Gold as I find that the games offered with that can be better and also games that I don't already have. However, I will still get PS+ on the months were I either have some multiplayer trophies that I want to get or if the games offered are any good for me. I think my plan is for next year is to buy more DLC because my backlog is getting rather crazy and also I feel like I'm not getting the most out of my games, which is a shame. You've brought a PSVR? I hope you have fun with it! :) 

14 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

Yeah that's about the same for me as well. I'm planning on playing a lot more of my Xbox One next year which means I'll be buying Gold as I find that the games offered with that can be better and also games that I don't already have. However, I will still get PS+ on the months were I either have some multiplayer trophies that I want to get or if the games offered are any good for me. I think my plan is for next year is to buy more DLC because my backlog is getting rather crazy and also I feel like I'm not getting the most out of my games, which is a shame. 

Personally I think Gold is bad - it's games I either already have or don't want. PS+ has been the same for me the last couple of months (not a coincidence that many people think PS+ is better now that there are more AAA games again) but usually PS+ gives me games I didn't know about but immediately want, like Velocity 2X or Tower Of Monsters or  Table Top Racing.

I've decided that now that I have Skyrim, I want to spend less on games as long as my backlog is still around. Regarding new releases I should be safe for a while, at least on PS4. Add to that that we want to move to a bigger place and it doesn't hurt to have some more reserves.

You'vebrought a PSVR? I hope you have fun with it! :) 

Hmmm, guess this is one thread I missed with bringing the news :)

Black Friday sale:

PSVR set €160 (usually €400)

Farpoint + AIM controller €50 (usually €70)

For that kind of price, hells yeah! Especially now that there's more games out, and a PS+ VR freebie every two months. Getting Batman in the next sale and Ark Park when it releases, after that I'll chill for a while. Got enough to play on PS4, PSVR and Switch.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cubone said:

Personally I think Gold is bad - it's games I either already have or don't want. PS+ has been the same for me the last couple of months (not a coincidence that many people think PS+ is better now that there are more AAA games again) but usually PS+ gives me games I didn't know about but immediately want, like Velocity 2X or Tower Of Monsters or  Table Top Racing.

I've decided that now that I have Skyrim, I want to spend less on games as long as my backlog is still around. Regarding new releases I should be safe for a while, at least on PS4. Add to that that we want to move to a bigger place and it doesn't hurt to have some more reserves.

Hmmm, guess this is one thread I missed with bringing the news :)

Black Friday sale:

PSVR set €160 (usually €400)

Farpoint + AIM controller €50 (usually €70)

For that kind of price, hells yeah! Especially now that there's more games out, and a PS+ VR freebie every two months. Getting Batman in the next sale and Ark Park when it releases, after that I'll chill for a while. Got enough to play on PS4, PSVR and Switch.

I suppose it's just a case of if there are any games you would personally want to play then in both the Gold and Plus cases. Yeah Skyrim is definitely long enough to keep you busy for a long time :)

That is an amazing deal! :D We had some pretty good deals on the PSVR this Black Friday in the UK but I think I'm going to leave that as a 'big present to myself when I get my first pay cheque to celebrate' kind of buy :P. Well it sounds like your going to be busy what with all those new games and moving but it also sounds super exciting so I hope you find the right place to call your new home! :) 

Edited by Pikachu
Crappy Spelling and Sentences.
  • Like 1

So, monthly stats...

Just finished the one game for the theme (Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters). Other than that, just brutalized my completion rate doing the Kill Your Completion event.

Plats: +34 (+1 this month)

100%: +8 (No change this month)

Completion Rate: 78.36% for -1.02% overall (-3.12% this month)

Hopefully I'll bring this back up this month. I've got Kona going for the snow theme and I Am Setsuna on deck.  We'll see what else the month brings.

• Like 1

Okay everyone so here it is, the last new month and new theme of the year! Is it just me or has this year gone by so fast?! I hope December goes just as fast haha :D

Anyway, let's get down to business! Now I think you all know what theme is going to be used for December but let's make it official aye ;) 

December's Theme:

Games that feature Snow!

Hardcore Requirement: Snow has to stay throughout the entire duration of the game!

You know have 24 hours to update us with your November games! So get them in fast! :P You can of course start to update us with your December games now!

Here is a friendly reminder to those participants who haven't updated us yet or for a while:

@cerafinn

@Hemiak - You haven't updated us for October and November. If you have then I apologise as it's probably slipped through the net.

@Komrade_Konrad - You haven't updated us for September, October or November. If you have then I apologise as it's probably slipped through the net.

@Psy-Tychist

@SyIaris - :P I hope everything's okay on your end!

@Uchiha_Snake__ - I remember you saying something about your internet connection, but I thought I'd remind you so you would have a reminder for when you manage to get back online :).

I've also added a poll to see if there would be any takers for another Monthly Madness again next year so get voting everyone! :D 

Edited by Pikachu
  • Like 1

Here's my roundup for last month.

I finished two games which both don't fit the theme beneath the story of Alienantion.

The two games were Lili: Child of Geos and Asemblance.

I already started Telltale's Game of Thrones for this month, so this time I will do better again.

Here are my stats for you.

Platinum trophies: +21
100% completed: +5
Completion: +6.22%

That's a lose of 1.12% from last month due to KYC

I voted "yes" in the poll; even if I might not join I think it's a cool type of event.

7 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Go ahead and just remove me. I have had very little motivation to play games the last month and even less to keep up with my threads. 

:( Hope you eventually get your gaming mojo back. I go through phases like this myself, for various reasons.

14 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Go ahead and just remove me. I have had very little motivation to play games the last month and even less to keep up with my threads. 

Okay, I've done that for you. I'm sorry to see you go but I hope you get your gaming flair back again soon! Have a nice Christmas! :) 

8 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Here's my roundup for last month.

I finished two games which both don't fit the theme beneath the story of Alienantion.

The two games were Lili: Child of Geos and Asemblance.

I already started Telltale's Game of Thrones for this month, so this time I will do better again.

Here are my stats for you.

Platinum trophies: +21
100% completed: +5
Completion: +6.22%

That's a lose of 1.12% from last month due to KYC

Okay, that's you updated! :) Well Done on finishing those games in November and good luck with Game of Thrones! :) 

5 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Updated stats: 

Platinum trophies: +19

100% completed: +1

Completion: +6.11

Thank you for the update and I've updated you! :) 

7 hours ago, Cubone said:

I voted "yes" in the poll; even if I might not join I think it's a cool type of event.

Okay thank you for your vote! :) However, I don't think I'll be able to run the event next year though after all as I'm now able to apply and go to college (which I couldn't do this year due to family issues) and this will mean that I have less time to look after the event. Would anyone like to take over the event in case I can't do it?

On 2.12.2017 at 1:20 PM, Pikachu said:

Okay thank you for your vote! :) However, I don't think I'll be able to run the event next year though after all as I'm now able to apply and go to college (which I couldn't do this year due to family issues) and this will mean that I have less time to look after the event. Would anyone like to take over the event in case I can't do it?

I would be interested in taking over the event, but as most people I don't know if I have enough time.

Maybe it's best to share the event with at least two people again, so one doesn't have to update the thread every time.