[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

1 minute ago, Lorajet said:

@RizzleAbbey12 I've finished Life is Strange.  Will that count towards the January theme?  

Well Done on finishing Life is Strange :). However, it won't count for January's theme because it has to be actually finished in January and the game plat has to have the month corresponding to the theme's time-stamp on it.

Just now, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Well Done on finishing Life is Strange :). However, it won't count for January's theme because it has to be actually finished in January and the game plat has to have the month corresponding to the theme's time-stamp on it.

No problem and makes sense!  I'll see what else I have in the inventory - or maybe I should go shopping!!  ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lorajet said:

No problem and makes sense!  I'll see what else I have in the inventory - or maybe I should go shopping!!  1f914.png

I'd say definitely go shopping because that's always the best way to sort out anything :D.

Nah, I'm just kidding! See what's in your inventory! :) The games don't have to fit in an definite way as long as you can say where there are any elements in a game (no matter how small) that match the theme, then I'll count it for you as I'm not to strict on the games. I played a game for the event (before we gain control of it) that only had a little theme relevance to it and it still counted. After all, it's meant to be fun, so go raid that backlog! :P 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Has anyone suggestions for moral choices game other than Telltale games?

I voted for that theme and don't know any game I could play, which I haven't played already.

PS. Still trying to get the luck based trophy in Alienation.

I was thinking of finishing Infamous: Second Son for January.  I'm still looking through my inventory to see what else is hanging out there.

28 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I voted for that theme and don't know any game I could play, which I haven't played already.

inFamous and Telltale are the only games I know of with that element. Maybe The Awakened Fate Ultimatum? You have to choose between dark and light, I think. l

What about the Dragon Age games? Does that require any moral choices? Just throwing out games from the top of my head, and the backlog list I have.

2 hours ago, Lorajet said:

I was thinking of finishing Infamous: Second Son for January.  I'm still looking through my inventory to see what else is hanging out there.

I already platted Infamous Second Son, so I can't do that.

2 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

inFamous and Telltale are the only games I know of with that element. Maybe The Awakened Fate Ultimatum? You have to choose between dark and light, I think. l

What about the Dragon Age games? Does that require any moral choices? Just throwing out games from the top of my head, and the backlog list I have.

I still have some Telltale games left to play but I don't know if I want to play one.

Dragon Age could be possible but I never played one, so not totally sure about it.

3 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Doesn't Fallout sort of fall into this category? I mean, depending on what faction you ultimately choose, you could end up on the same side as the bad guys, or good guys, or go your own path.

5 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Ones that I thought of,

• Beyond: Two souls
  • Fallout (any)
  • any Infamous (maybe not first light)
  • Bioshock 1 and Infinite (never played 2 so cant comment)
  • any Mass Effect 
  • Dragon Age Origins (not sure on the later ones as I haven't played)
  • Telltale games or Life is Strange
  • Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty (a stretch but I reckon it would count),
  • Far Cry 4
  • Kings Quest
  • Dishonored (any) 
  • The Witcher 3 (not played but fairly sure, can anybody confirm that one?)
  • Skyrim or Morrowind (not my cup of tea so haven't played them much but I reckon you could argue there are moral choices)
  • Persona 5 (there is one moral choice)

Those are the ones I've played or know of well enough to know they have moral choices. I also am pretty sure Psycho Pass Mandatory Happiness which is in next months plus games is a visual novel which looks to have some moral choices. Mainly just me brainstorming what I could play. Hope that helps :) 

8 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Right okay, I actually read my original post wrong (My brain is pants :facepalm:). I'm sorry about that, so I guess that I would be able to count the game your talking about. :) So it's looking like your already done with next month's theme then (I mean we all know Moral Choices is going to win haha!) 

Almost done for next month then :), I'll still have to finish that last trophy but I'm sure I can do that with a month of play time

Edited by Dessane
  • Like 2

@RizzleAbbey12 I guess it won't count when I still need one trophy for the platinum?

I'm only missing the one luck based trophy in Alienation to get the plat. After trying for several hours the past week I had no luck. I'll try to get it in the next few hours but it could easily take another week to get lucky with RNGesus

• Like 1

I don't see my stats changing drastically today so I'll post the month/year end report.

I finished one more plat this month (Mecho Tales) but it was not applicable to this month's theme so just Kona for the win this month.

Monthly stats

Plats: +2 

100%: 0

Completion rate: +0.59%

Year end/Event stats

Plats: 103 (+36)

100%: 44 (+8)

Completion Rate: 78.95% (-0.43%)

Completed each monthly theme with no skips. Also completed each additional challenge at least once. 

Overall, a successful year as far as this event goes. I'm looking forward to next year. Cheers again to our host ?????? for all the hard work put in to it and to all the other participants who helped make this such a great go.

Happy New Year to all!! Same place next year!

On December 28, 2017 at 7:40 PM, Dessane said:

Ones that I thought of,

• Beyond: Two souls
  • Fallout (any)
  • any Infamous (maybe not first light)
  • Bioshock 1 and Infinite (never played 2 so cant comment)
  • any Mass Effect 
  • Dragon Age Origins (not sure on the later ones as I haven't played)
  • Telltale games or Life is Strange
  • Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty (a stretch but I reckon it would count),
  • Far Cry 4
  • Kings Quest
  • Dishonored (any) 
  • The Witcher 3 (not played but fairly sure, can anybody confirm that one?)
  • Skyrim or Morrowind (not my cup of tea so haven't played them much but I reckon you could argue there are moral choices)
  • Persona 5 (there is one moral choice)

Those are the ones I've played or know of well enough to know they have moral choices. I also am pretty sure Psycho Pass Mandatory Happiness which is in next months plus games is a visual novel which looks to have some moral choices. Mainly just me brainstorming what I could play. Hope that helps :) 

Almost done for next month then :), I'll still have to finish that last trophy but I'm sure I can do that with a month of play time

Dreamfall Chapters has had a few in the first couple of chapters so far (kill or don't) but I'm not far enough in to see how they would play out other than a game over with one of the choices.

Edited by Kevvik
  • Like 1

Syberia 100%   ✔️Snow  ✔️Retro ✔️Part of another Event ✔️Hard Core

Syberia II 100%   ✔️Snow  ✔️Retro ✔️Part of another Event ✔️Hard Core

South Park SoT 100% ✔️Snow   ✔️Hard Core

Stats before the event:

Platinum trophies: 8

100% Non-Platinum completed: 9

Completion: 28.89%

New Stats:

Platinum trophies: 11

100% Non-Platinum completed: 11

Completion: 31.02%

Edited by Lorajet
Stats
  • Like 1

Final update of this year (just stats):

Stats before the event:

Platinum trophies: 143

100% completed: 116

Completion: 68.63%

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: +49

100% completed: +31

Completion: +4.98%

Stats after the event:

Platinum trophies: 192

100% completed: 147

Completion: 73,61%

Happy New Year everybody!!

• Like 2

Here are my final stats for this year.

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: +23
100% completed: +5
Completion: +6.77%

Stats after the event:
Platinum trophies: 47
100% completed: 27
Completion: 53,34%

This year was a great experience and helped me to actually finish games thanks to this event.

• Like 2

@RizzleAbbey12

Okay, so I have a very weird judgement call for you to make... :D

I 100%ed Statik yesterday - it actually featured a few static screens, or "snow screens", so in a sense it did feature snow. Just thinking about this now ?

If you do accept it, that means two golds for me for December, and this icon:

10S429532.png

I'll make the Mario icon for my final challenge some time next week, and if you don't allow Statik then I'll make the Pic-a-Pix icon then as well.

• Like 1

Sign me up for January, please!

I burned out of last year's event while trying to finish Divinity Original Sin on the highest difficulty / hardcore mode, so I'll stick with more manageable games this year.

Starting stats:

• Platinum trophies: 21
  • 100% completed titles: 9
  • Completion percentage: 40.65% (ouch)
  • Like 1

Here are my stats:

38 Platinum Trophies

15 100% (non-plats)

34.53% Completion across 274 games

I do have a couple questions: do games you already have progress in count? If so, is there a cut off? Also, how do the HCR/minor theme factor into scoring? I promise I read the rules.

4 hours ago, AS_CHAOTIC said:

assuming moral choice is the theme, would hidden agenda count?

I have a couple (failed) playthroughs of the game and can attest there are moral choices in the game, such as (no spoiler) self-preservation over duty.

• Like 1

2017 Stats:

Platinum trophies: +19

100% completed: +2

Completion: +6.20

2018 Stats:

Platinum trophies: 58

100% completed: 9

Completion: 75.87%

My completion rate would've been if not for Kill Your Completion Create Your Own Adventure. I don't think I'll take part this year because I want to concentrate on completing my games and raising my completion percentage.

• Like 1

I managed to complete ICEY yesterday which fulfills last months theme as there is snow at the very first area of the game. Unfortunately I was just shy of reaching 50% completion this month but I managed to earn 70 plats and get my 4500th trophy. Here are my ending stats for 2017 and starting stats for 2018: 

Platinums: 88

100% Completed: 6

Completion: 49.91%

In terms of this months theme I'll be doing Life is Strange: Before the Storm and The Walking Dead: A New Frontier. 

Happy New Year everyone! :yay:

Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 1

Blimey, you lot have kept me busy for the past hour :D! Okay just a quick update on the main post front. If anyone goes inactive in the event, then I'm just going to write inactive next to your section as the whole page is far to big for me to copy and paste everything and for the editing to behave so this way should be easier. Secondly, for the people who have joined in December, but haven't completed a game for December, then I have gotten rid of 2017 for you as it's useless for your stats as there's nothing there. Lastly, I've gone though everyone's profiles and filed in the end of year and beginning of year stats so everyone should be accurate and up-to-date now :)! (No need to post them now as they are already done)

21 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

@RizzleAbbey12 I guess it won't count when I still need one trophy for the platinum?

I'm only missing the one luck based trophy in Alienation to get the plat. After trying for several hours the past week I had no luck. I'll try to get it in the next few hours but it could easily take another week to get lucky with RNGesus

I will still count it for you when you, eventually :P, finish it. So just let me know when you've finished it and I'll add it into December's slot for you. 

@Kevvik, thank you for your stats, I've added those in for you! :) Well Done on a fantastic year of gaming!

@Lorajet, thank you for your stats! I've updated those for you! :) 

@JoaoQuique, thank you for your stats and I've added them in for you! :) 

@Pickle Rick, go on then, I've counted Statik for you! :P Well done on your two gold trophies!

5 hours ago, AS_CHAOTIC said:

Hello, i want to sign up for this  

My Current Stats Are:

Platinums: 48

100% Completion: 21

Completion: 58.07

assuming moral choice is the theme, would hidden agenda count?

Hey AS_CHAOTIC! :) Welcome to the event! I've added you to the main post and you are the first person to overtake @Pickle Rick in the list, so well done! :D If you have any questions, then feel free to ask.

1 hour ago, Fitzquaid said:

Sign me up for January, please!

I burned out of last year's event while trying to finish Divinity Original Sin on the highest difficulty / hardcore mode, so I'll stick with more manageable games this year.

Starting stats:

• Platinum trophies: 21
  • 100% completed titles: 9
  • Completion percentage: 40.65% (ouch)

Hey Fitzquaid! :) I've added you to the main post so welcome to the event! :D If you have any questions, then feel free to ask! :) 

@XX_FTW, Welcome to the event! :P I've added you to the main post so if you have any questions, then ask away!

@Edunstar84, well I'm sorry to see you leave the event but thank you for sticking with us in 2017! I hope you achieve your plans and goals in 2018! If you'd like to re-join then just let me know! :P 

@Kent10201, well done on finishing your December game! I've updated your stats for you! :) 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To everyone:

I would like to wish you all a Happy New Year and I'd also like to thank you for sticking with us throughout 2017 and for also making this event a joy to run as @SyIaris and I have had a ball chatting to you all and seeing all of your achievements! :P Here's to another great year everyone!

Edited by RizzleAbbey12
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

To everyone:

I would like to wish you all a Happy New Year and I'd also like to thank you for sticking with us throughout 2017 and for also making this event a joy to run as @SyIaris and I have had a ball chatting to you all and seeing all of your achievements! :P Here's to another great year everyone!

Thank you so much for having this event!  I've had so much fun in this past month and seriously attacked my backlog.  Looking forward to a great 2018 with everyone!

• Like 1

Okay everyone, you know what time it is, Theme time! :P 

January's Theme Is:

Moral High Ground

For this theme, the game you choose must feature a character you play as must have to make either a good/bad or Pure/Evil choice.

Examples: Dragon Age, Fable, inFamous, Fallout, The Witcher 3, Persona 5 etc.

Hardcore Requirement:

The game must feature a character that changes their allegiances as a part of the main story / DLC.

The poll is now open for next month's minor theme! So get voting! :P 

As of this post, I'm now giving you all your 24 hour countdown. You have 24 hours to finish any games you have been working on for December's Theme and to update me with your updates/games. After this point, I will no longer be accepting games for December. (Unless you have stated that RNG or any other time-restricting problem in games or otherwise will effect you getting the platinum in the next 24 hours)

Good luck everyone! :P 

NOTE: I just want to see if these following people are still interested in participating in the event this year as I haven't heard from them in a while.

@cerafinn

@daftprophet

@fishy10101

@Psy-Tychist

@Thalifm

@Yomako01

@Zanreo

If your not interested in carrying on, then just let me know and I'll put you as inactive :).

Edited by RizzleAbbey12
  • Like 3