[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

As tempted as I am by the family building option (couldn't have a much better excuse to start Harvest Moon), I've got a lot of catchup to do still from KYC last month (not much time during holidays with visiting family right now) so I voted for moral choices as I've got a few Telltales waiting to go.  Won't get HC but you can't have everything.

I'll post my year end stats sometime on the 31st. I hope I can get my completion back to the start point. ?

It's been a fun event this year. Kudos to our host(s). ????

Hope everyone has a great Christmas/holiday of your choice. ✌️?✌️

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lorajet said:

Syberia 100%   2714.pngSnow  2714.pngRetro 2714.pngPart of another Event 2714.pngHard Core

Syberia II 100%   2714.pngSnow  2714.pngRetro 2714.pngPart of another Event 2714.pngHard Core

South Park SoT 100% 2714.pngSnow   2714.pngHard Core

Stats before the event:

Platinum trophies: 8

100% Non-Platinum completed: 9

Completion: 28.89%

New Stats:

Platinum trophies: 11

100% Non-Platinum completed: 11

Completion: 31.01%

Wow, you are killing it this month! :P Thank you for the easy stat update as it just makes updating sooo much easier to do! I've updated your stats for you.

19 hours ago, BrutalLooter said:

Hello, i want to sign up for this xD

My Current Stats Are:

Platinums: 128

%100 Completion: 7

Completion: 68.98

And here is a question, do the games i platinumed in december that fits the theme before signing up count? 

Hey BrutalLooter, I've added you to the main post! Welcome to the event! :D 

Yes, I would count a game you've platinumed in December towards the theme, let me know what game you've done and I'll add it to the main post. 

One quick thing though, I've only included this month for any person who was added this month as it makes it easier for you to see your stats and also, you don't really need the rest as you haven't done them. 

Let me know if there is anything you need help with or if you have any questions for me! :) 

3 hours ago, Kevvik said:

As tempted as I am by the family building option (couldn't have a much better excuse to start Harvest Moon), I've got a lot of catchup to do still from KYC last month (not much time during holidays with visiting family right now) so I voted for moral choices as I've got a few Telltales waiting to go.  Won't get HC but you can't have everything.

I'll post my year end stats sometime on the 31st. I hope I can get my completion back to the start point. 1f915.png

It's been a fun event this year. Kudos to our host(s). 1f44f-1f3fb.png1f44f-1f3fb.png

Hope everyone has a great Christmas/holiday of your choice. 270c.png1f600.png270c.png

I know, I really wish that one was winning as I really fancy playing The Sims 4 or Harvest Moon for the theme :D. But oh well, I can finish Fable or Elex if Moral Choices win instead. 

Okay, I'll be ready and waiting (not literally haha! :P)

Hope you have a great Christmas/holiday as well and thank you! :D I hope you get loads of great new games :P!

Edited by RizzleAbbey12
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Hey BrutalLooter, I've added you to the main post! Welcome to the event! :D 

Yes, I would count a game you've platinumed in December towards the theme, let me know what game you've done and I'll add it to the main post. 

One quick thing though, I've only included this month for any person who was added this month as it makes it easier for you to see your stats and also, you don't really need the rest as you haven't done them. 

Let me know if there is anything you need help with or if you have any questions for me! :) 

Hello again, If that is the case;

Overwatch: Platinum

and as for the “other events” challenge, all my trophies count towards “trophy hunters league” event but does it count? If it does: Overwatch Platinum+ Part of another event.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Hope you have a great Christmas/holiday as well and thank you! :D I hope you get loads of great new games :P!

Thanks, it's not like I need any more but of course I will. Snagging a few indies and RPGs from the holiday sale as well helps out.  Mecho Tales was short but not bad. Got a fun day out of a cheap game. 

Grinding away on the Vita when I need a break.  When you just need mindless gaming not much beats dungeon crawling!

• Like 1

I have a quick rules question.

I completed all DLC for Alienation but haven't got the platinum yet. Does this count for the challenge or do I need to complete the main game first.

I intend to get the platinum within the rest of the month but there's one luck based I still need, which could take a while. The other missing trophies should be possible to get in the last few days of the year.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I have a quick rules question.

I completed all DLC for Alienation but haven't got the platinum yet. Does this count for the challenge or do I need to complete the main game first.

I intend to get the platinum within the rest of the month but there's one luck based I still need, which could take a while. The other missing trophies should be possible to get in the last few days of the year.

The challenge specifically says "complete all DLC" so the main game doesn't matter.

• Like 1

@BrutalLooter, okay, that's no problem. I'm not updating today though as this is just a quick visit but I will update that for you on Wednesday or Thursday, if that's alright. :) 

@MarkusT1992, as @Pickle Rick says, you don't have to complete the main game for it to count so I'd count it for you. I'm not updating today though so the next time I'll be updating is after Christmas on Wednesday or Thursday so I'll add it in then, if that's alright :).

To everyone:

I hope you all have an amazing Christmas / which ever holiday you celebrate at this time of year and I hope you all get loads of games and eat until you can't walk anymore! :D Have fun everyone! I'll see you all on Wednesday/Thursday!

• Like 1

Hi, I want to sign up too for this great community event before the year ends :) .

My stats are as follows:

Platinum trophies: 236
100% completed: 69
Completion: 99.01%

Now I do have platinumed two games in december already that feature snow in it, if they count. The first one being "South Park: The Stick of Truth", which would fit the theme, as well as the hardcore requirement. Number 2 is "Metro 2033 Redux". It's snowy, but you're not that much outside compared to South Park.

Regarding the challenges, I have completed more than 4 games this month and they count towards another event, the Trophy Hunters League :) .

Thanks, and Merry Christmas :wave:

11 hours ago, Jesaya815 said:

Hi, I want to sign up too for this great community event before the year ends :) .

My stats are as follows:

Platinum trophies: 236
100% completed: 69
Completion: 99.01%

Now I do have platinumed two games in december already that feature snow in it, if they count. The first one being "South Park: The Stick of Truth", which would fit the theme, as well as the hardcore requirement. Number 2 is "Metro 2033 Redux". It's snowy, but you're not that much outside compared to South Park.

Regarding the challenges, I have completed more than 4 games this month and they count towards another event, the Trophy Hunters League :) .

Thanks, and Merry Christmas :wave:

Only games that fit the theme count towards the challenges. You would need 2 more snow games for the 4 games in one month challenge.

Personal update: I completed WRC 5 (PS3 version) - some tracks (mainly Monte Carlo and Sweden) features snow, so this game is eligible for December. It will grant me a Platinum Star, and a Golden Star for "because of this event" challenge.

Thanks.

Too bad the moral thing is winning in the poll, I would have preferred the building thing.

I could probably only join if we indeed get a Telltale title (that I don't have yet) on PS+ January, as rumoured.

@RizzleAbbey12 @SyIaris

Not only did I manage to 100% the Pic-a-Pix Deluxe demo (100% meaning not only playing the twelve puzzles, but also getting a gold medal on each - never letting the game correct mistakes for you), but I also played through VS. Super Mario Bros. from Arcade Archives, which indeed featured some snow, though the SNES remake made it much more obvious, thanks to having room for additional graphics. In the NES/arcade version, the trees are still snowy but there's no additional graphics for snow on the ground, castle or fences. The snowy levels are the only ones where it's dark outside though.

Both games were a lot of fun to play through, they weren't even the only ones I've played through these past few days but they're the only ones that matter for the event.

I'll post some proof of 100% for Pic-a-Pix later, when I'm on my laptop again I can also make some icons. Pic-a-Pix means I have a :gold: for this month, Super Mario Bros. means I have completed a game for the retro challenge.

hqdefault.jpg

5584993970_19a118a409.jpg

8 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

@Pickle Rick I probably could of gone either way, but couldn't find  a building game in my inventory 1f600.png

I've got Tropico 5 from PS+ years ago, and to my shame I still haven't finished it even though I loved playing it.

Also, technically, stuff like Assassin's Creed II or Black Flag would count since you're putting money into renovations.

12 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

I could probably only join if we indeed get a Telltale title (that I don't have yet) on PS+ January, as rumoured.

Well, the rumours were true and Telltale's Batman is on PS+ for January, so I'll be joining the new year's event for now and I'll start the year with a platinum.

Hey everyone, it's good to see that you've all been gaming hard over Christmas haha! :D 

@BrutalLooter, I've updated your stats and added Overwatch to your stats! :) 

@MarkusT1992, I've updated your stats for you. Just let me know when you've platted Alienation and I'll add that as well :).

@Jesaya815, Welcome to the event! I've added you to the main post and I've also added your December games to it as well. If you have any questions, then feel free to ask! :) 

@JoaoQuique, I've updated your stats for you and well done on finishing your game. Was it as bad as you thought it would be in the end? :) 

@Uchiha_Snake__, I've updated your stats for you and well done on finishing your games! I've included Metal Gear Solid as well so don't worry about that one :) 

@Pickle Rick, well done on finishing your games! I've just put a Gold trophy on there for now so I know that I've got to add the picture in when you give me one. Oh by the way, I got a Switch for Christmas and I got The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Rayman Legends with it! :D I'm super excited to start playing it when I set it up tomorrow. 

@Lorajet, have fun with Until Dawn! :) I didn't even know there was any DLC released for it :o *quickly searches trophy lists* :P 

By the way, I hope you all had a lovely Christmas with your family and friends! :D 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

@Lorajet, have fun with Until Dawn! :) I didn't even know there was any DLC released for it :o *quickly searches trophy lists* :P 

By the way, I hope you all had a lovely Christmas with your family and friends! :D 

Looks like I was wrong about the DLC (whew!).  Until Dawn: Rush of Blood is a standalone game.   Oh, man, thought I'd be playing to finish the games straight until Dec 31!  Have to see if it would work for the January game.

• Like 1

On 26.12.2017 at 2:29 AM, MarkusT1992 said:

Only games that fit the theme count towards the challenges. You would need 2 more snow games for the 4 games in one month challenge.

Oh, I see. That's good to know.

6 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

@Jesaya815, Welcome to the event! I've added you to the main post and I've also added your December games to it as well. If you have any questions, then feel free to ask! :) 

Thank you very much. I sure will at some point :) .

• Like 1

Quick question for next month (or any month really) If I have one trophy to go to plat Mass Effect and the theme is Moral Choices is that game eligible if I do that last trophy in January? Like the completion percentage doesn't matter unless I had claimed it for a platinum rain or something right?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dessane said:

Quick question for next month (or any month really) If I have one trophy to go to plat Mass Effect and the theme is Moral Choices is that game eligible if I do that last trophy in January? Like the completion percentage doesn't matter unless I had claimed it for a platinum rain or something right?

According to the rules:

1. Participants can request a platinum rank for a trophy list that has only one missing trophy (or more that are stackable) before the platinum trophy, if they're participating in a time sensitive event like the Platinum Rain Day.

you would have to claim that it is for an event that requires you to have a trophy missing such as Platinum Rain Day or some other event. So if you can't claim it's for an event like the ones mentioned, then I wouldn't be able to count it as it has only one trophy missing and it doesn't fit with the rule point above. Sorry if this sounds a little confusing but I hope this helps. :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

According to the rules:

1. Participants can request a platinum rank for a trophy list that has only one missing trophy (or more that are stackable) before the platinum trophy, if they're participating in a time sensitive event like the Platinum Rain Day.

you would have to claim that it is for an event that requires you to have a trophy missing such as Platinum Rain Day or some other event. So if you can't claim it's for an event like the ones mentioned, then I wouldn't be able to count it as it has only one trophy missing and it doesn't fit with the rule point above. Sorry if this sounds a little confusing but I hope this helps. :) 

I was more looking at 

1. Games of any completion percentage are allowed, an exception to this would be games with only one trophy left for a different event. (See rule 8)

So I meant if I go and earn that last trophy and unlock the platinum it would count for the month right? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dessane said:

I was more looking at 

1. Games of any completion percentage are allowed, an exception to this would be games with only one trophy left for a different event. (See rule 8)

So I meant if I go and earn that last trophy and unlock the platinum it would count for the month right? 

Right okay, I actually read my original post wrong (My brain is pants :facepalm:). I'm sorry about that, so I guess that I would be able to count the game your talking about. :) So it's looking like your already done with next month's theme then (I mean we all know Moral Choices is going to win haha!) 

• Like 1