New grade system

Seconded - I really like the grading feature (I should, I'm a teacher!).

What I would like to see now is the percentage needed for each grade - e.g. you need to hit 60% for a C, 75% for a B, 90% for A etc...

The reason why they do that is because games like borderlands and Uncharted 3 have a lot of DLC. So even if you work off you butt to platnum it, you'd still have an "F"

BTW, I do like the new grading system. I think they should make it more obvious when you platnum a game. I didn't realize for the first month that the games I platnumed (which yeah I know I didn't have but 1 or 2 at the time) where highlighted.

• Like 1

The reason why they do that is because games like borderlands and Uncharted 3 have a lot of DLC. So even if you work off you butt to platnum it, you'd still have an "F"

BTW, I do like the new grading system. I think they should make it more obvious when you platnum a game. I didn't realize for the first month that the games I platnumed (which yeah I know I didn't have but 1 or 2 at the time) where highlighted.

Well the problem with the F rank would be easy to solve, just award F to any game with 0% trophies unlock (and i'm 99.9999% sure that's the current condition to have an F in a game).

As for doing something to make the it more obvious when you have a Platinum, yes, I agree something should be done, but I don't know how (maybe adding the generic Platinum trophy icon to the bar with the number of trophies by type for the game).

And what I would like to know is the requirement for the other grades, as well as the way that's calculated..

Well the problem with the F rank would be easy to solve, just award F to any game with 0% trophies unlock (and i'm 99.9999% sure that's the current condition to have an F in a game).

As for doing something to make the it more obvious when you have a Platinum, yes, I agree something should be done, but I don't know how (maybe adding the generic Platinum trophy icon to the bar with the number of trophies by type for the game).

And what I would like to know is the requirement for the other grades, as well as the way that's calculated..

Yeah, but I think he was saying is 59% and lower is an F 60-69 is a D 70-79 is a C and so forth. My problem with this is people would have "F"s even if they had the platnum for certain games Right now I think its already like that where you get an F for 0%, D for below the average percentage, C at the average percentage, B above the average percentage, and A for exceptionarly above the average and S for 100%. I'd say that sounds pretty fair to me. :)

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 1

Yeah, but I think he was saying is 59% and lower is an F 60-69 is a D 70-79 is a C and so forth. My problem with this is people would have "F"s even if they had the platnum for certain games Right now I think its already like that where you get an F for 0%, D for below the average percentage, C at the average percentage, B above the average percentage, and A for exceptionarly above the average and S for 100%. I'd say that sounds pretty fair to me. :)

Ok, I though he was just giving an example, not really guidelines to follow.

And from what I saw it seams like it's like you said except there's also a E for really bellow average, but not 0%, and the C seams like around average, not really exact average, since I have C in Prototype (my completion is 21%, average is 25%) and Agarest: Generations of War Zero (my completion is 15%, average is 13%). That's why I'm curious to know how it's calculated.

Seconded - I really like the grading feature (I should, I'm a teacher!).

What I would like to see now is the percentage needed for each grade - e.g. you need to hit 60% for a C, 75% for a B, 90% for A etc...

Just clarifying what I wrote above, I understand different games have different standards, based on the average trophies earned. I currently have a C for arkham cit at 25%, and I would like to know what percentage I need to achieve a B ranking. You can sift through the leader boards to find the cutoff, but that takes a lot of unnecessary Messing about.

I think they should make it more obvious when you platnum a game. I didn't realize for the first month that the games I platnumed (which yeah I know I didn't have but 1 or 2 at the time) where highlighted.

Agreed. The platinum colored highlight isn't bad, but I think it needs a little platinum trophy icon as well. There is enough space for it.

Edited by GameOverComesAll
  • Like 3

The way I understand how the grading system works is it is different for each game. There isn't a standard percent for each different grade. It is determined by the average amount of trophies earned by everyone and graded appropriately. One example is I have only earned 51% (just the main trophies and none of the DLC ones) for Uncharted 3 and my grade for it is A, while I have 51% for Portal 2 and it is only ranked B. Another example is Sports Champions, I only have 37% of trophies and it is also ranked A, while Split/Second has 36% of trophies and is only ranked C.

As for the F grade, it is only for games with 0% of trophies earned. A game with 1% would be an E grade (see my Shadows of the Damned or Worms 2 for example).

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 2

I'm onboard with the change. It seems to go pretty deep into the grading scale. I would have thought the 0% would be "unflagged" rather than an "F" but, it really doesn't matter too much. I've been trying to make a habit of installing games to get them on my list (with 0%) so that I have a complete list of my games... I may rethink that now.

Keep up the great work Sly! I'd love to see a Tip manager at some point where we can review and/or manage all our Tips ;)

• Like 2

Agreed. The platinum colored highlight isn't bad, but I think it needs a little platinum trophy icon as well. There is enough space for it.

I think if a Platinum image is added for games that you have the platinum, there should also be an image for 100% (for non-platinum) to balance that out.

Edited by bmj14772
  • Like 3

I think if a Platinum image is added for games that you have the platinum, there should also be an image for 100% (for non-platinum) to balance that out.

That makes sense. Although I'm not sure what the image would be other than a simple "100%". Also, here is a visualization of how I picture the image placement...

6q6KP.png

There would be no need for any numbers, since there is never more than one platinum trophy per game.

• Like 2

Just thought i'd throw up a couple visuals of what I saw in my mind... the 100% image could be anything really. I'm not very creative so I threw in a generic check mark from Photoshop :blush:

Sample 1 (My personal favorite as it seems to stand out the most)

deAms.png

Sample 2 (Inspired by GameOverComesAll's sample image)

1GsIN.png

Sample 3 (just another option)

4AHJq.png

I don't have any major preference; i've gotten used to the highlighted table rows and "S" ranks so the Sample images are just to get our creative juices flowing or to provide a visual for those with worse imaginations than my own.

I like the first one but maybe with the icons a little bit smaller.

Just thought i'd throw up a couple visuals of what I saw in my mind... the 100% image could be anything really. I'm not very creative so I threw in a generic check mark from Photoshop :blush:

deAms.png

1GsIN.png

4AHJq.png

I don't have any major preference; i've gotten used to the highlighted table rows and "S" ranks so the Sample images are just to get our creative juices flowing or to provide a visual for those with worse imaginations than my own.

Thats a good idea we need platinum trophy's to be seen better.

i like the way in the first picture most.

Edited by tw34kfr34ky

deAms.png

1GsIN.png

4AHJq.png

Damn BMJ. Those are all pretty cool I'm in favor of this for sure.

EDIT: I too like the first one the most. I would definitely like to see something like this implemented. :)

Edited by daftprophet