Monster Hunter World

IBadDriverI

14 minutes ago, DennisWilles said:

Don't get too excited.. it's a disgrace as far as Monster Hunter games go. Dumbed down mechanics, "cinematic" attacks and the difficulty will obviously be downgraded too. It's a westernized casual game with a MH skin, not a Monster Hunter game. 

We'll see. I hate the internet for it's negativity sometimes.

It looks fine to me, great actually.

The one thing I instantly disliked was that the camera was so close to the character. I hope this was just for cinematic purposes and we can adjust that in the final game.

• Like 3

I'm not judging it as far as difficulty yet.   I haven't played anything new since Tri, but I don't imagine it would be any more 'easier' than the Nin games, Tri certainly felt easier than anything that came before it, so who knows.   It's a new MH altogether...and it's on PS, MH is coming home and that's a start at the very, very least.   :P

Should prob add this:

Edited by RedMustang72
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, DennisWilles said:

Don't get too excited.. it's a disgrace as far as Monster Hunter games go. Dumbed down mechanics, "cinematic" attacks and the difficulty will obviously be downgraded too. It's a westernized casual game with a MH skin, not a Monster Hunter game. 

Where are people getting this info from? Every official thing I've seen shows that the game will be just like all the other Monster Hunter. games.

For the Community Manager of Monster Hunter. https://twitter.com/SocksyBear

DCOZTmnUQAAS4Ra.jpg

DCOZVYvVwAA3L0f.jpg

DCOZXWVV0AAxq96.jpg

DCOZZ0jU0AEamJx.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Joker said:

We'll see. I hate the internet for it's negativity sometimes.

It looks fine to me, great actually.

The one thing I instantly disliked was that the camera was so close to the character. I hope this was just for cinematic purposes and we can adjust that in the final game.

Damn it, I need my like limit increased. Another post going on my mental note for when I've got some likes back, I guess.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chellesan said:

I wanted to buy the new monster hunter on switch, but now I need to choose lol, or I can buy them both

It's actually two different games so if you have a Switch already and you're a fan of these games then I don't see why you should not get them both.

16 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Damn it, I need my like limit increased. Another post going on my mental note for when I've got some likes back, I guess.

(Raspy voice) Ohhh, you little sweetie. Now you got yourself a like.

Edited by Joker
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This game looks hype as shit. Not played a Monster Hunter game before (tried a demo on 3DS but didn't really care for it). This kind of game was just crying out for a full expansive console/PC experience. If the 'fans' don't like what they see of the new game, then oh well, it's not like they aren't still continuing the series on portable devices anyway!

People trying to say this is just a spinoff or going to be a watered down version of Monster Hunter make me laugh. This is Monster Hunter 5 without the name.

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/06/19/capcom-has-explained-why-monster-hunter-world-isnt-called-monster-hunter-5/

This is the next main Monster Hunter game. Our Osaka team is working on it. We’ve brought in some people who are more familiar with next-gen technology to come in and help us adapt it for the current generation of consoles. When you have a series that runs into the higher numbers, I think the numbers themselves start to become off-putting. New players might think, “Oh, I’ve missed four games already, I can’t possibly join at this point.” Just because we’ve taken the number off the title doesn’t mean it’s not a main Monster Hunter game. We just wanted to have “world” in the title because it speaks to the concept of the game in a variety of ways. This is the first simultaneous worldwide release for the game, and the servers are global this time.

• Like 2

From what I've read and watched MHW has all the standard MH gameplay, right down to the bbq tune.   I think it looks great and exactly the kind of evolution MH deserves.   I'd have been more than happy to play a regular, familiar, MH title but all the changes seem to compliment the vision they have for World.   The only reservation I have is lock-on, something some of the Nin games had apparently (haven't played anything after Tri), I'm not particularly keen on that but hopefully it won't be too intrusive.   

Yeah, it's MH 5...I think it's the right move to call it World, and hopefully some of the new mechanics will encourage new players too.   It's looking great, but it better have G rank...and a Kut-Ku! lol   I can't wait to see what they've done with the volcano, and I'd be stoked if they released a demo before the end of the year. :)