Cosmic Doop

XxManyGxX

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2017-06-18 at 7:28 AM, StewartBros said:

Are you playing on Cosmic difficulty?  I believe that's the only difficulty where a Cosmic Doop can be found.

As for precise locations, sorry I can't help you there, but maybe someone else can shed some light on this?

This is not true at all. The name is misleading, you'd expect it to only be on cosmic but it's not.

I first found it on Heroic.

@OP - You can find it in a lot of areas. Some OPs have it spawn. I can't remember all the places it does spawn, but a lot of the public areas throughout the story will have them show up randomly. They don't show up in patrols though.

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, AkodoRyu said:

Anyone have some tricks on locations to finding this one? Was looking through web a bit, but it all seem random. At the same time, I've put 65+ hours in the game and never saw one.

I just found another one in an operation, tbh i didnt think they would spawn in operations. if it could help you, i found it in the A.I.M weapon facility

On 21.8.2017 at 3:51 AM, Elvick_ said:

This is not true at all. The name is misleading, you'd expect it to only be on cosmic but it's not.

I first found it on Heroic.

@OP - You can find it in a lot of areas. Some OPs have it spawn. I can't remember all the places it does spawn, but a lot of the public areas throughout the story will have them show up randomly. They don't show up in patrols though.

Thats not 100% true , i found one in patrol midtown once.  And another one in Operation. Sorry to quote you from august , i just want people know here that he can spawn pretty much everywhere . Oh and both spawned at Super Heroic for me.

3 hours ago, Kyl542 said:

I just found another one in an operation, tbh i didnt think they would spawn in operations. if it could help you, i found it in the A.I.M weapon facility

Are they marked from afar? Like, when I enter operation, do I see it immediately, or only when I'm close?

55 minutes ago, AkodoRyu said:

Are they marked from afar? Like, when I enter operation, do I see it immediately, or only when I'm close?

Yes, it was literally on the other side of the ops map ( it was a rather big map) but it still marked on map immediatly. From what i remember even chapter maps show it on the map but not sure about the distance

20 minutes ago, Pray07 said:

Been trying to grab this one the past few days, now that the game seems to be on a timer until shut down, no luck so far. Anyone know if they've turned these off or something? 

turned these off, you mean the cosmic doops? No, i managed to find one yesterday in an operation

That's reassuring to know, I thought I was starting to go crazy, I've maxed out 6 characters and am grinding the 4th level of my legendary and I've never even seen a single hint of a cosmic dupe, just wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting my time (more than I already am I mean :P)

Guess I'll just have to keep bashing my head against it and hope for the best!

1 hour ago, Pray07 said:

That's reassuring to know, I thought I was starting to go crazy, I've maxed out 6 characters and am grinding the 4th level of my legendary and I've never even seen a single hint of a cosmic dupe, just wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting my time (more than I already am I mean :P)

Guess I'll just have to keep bashing my head against it and hope for the best!

It could be worse...I found one in Midtown patrol but it killed me and no one revived me so I didn't get the trophy. That was months ago and since I started replaying I haven't seen one.

On 20/11/2017 at 0:17 PM, AkodoRyu said:

Anyone have some tricks on locations to finding this one? Was looking through web a bit, but it all seem random. At the same time, I've put 65+ hours in the game and never saw one.

Hey, I see it's your last trophy on the game. The game is shutting down on November 24th. The best way I know to farm it is by playing the A.I.M Weapon Facility Operation. This icon: NjvQrEn.png will be on your map as soon as you start if the Cosmic Doop is actually on your map. If it's not on your map, you need to defeat M.O.D.O.K to reset the operation. It will take 2 minutes each time to complete the operation, I think this is one of the only reliable grinding methods for it because it's quick to reset the map. I also found another Cosmic Doop by playing the game with Iceman while I was trying to get his level 60 and it spawned in chapter 2 but it takes incredible luck to find them in a chapter. A.I.M Weapon Facility Operation is the best way to go for increasing your chances of getting the trophy. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 3

After roughly 15 hours of running through zones, porting through zones, changing difficulties etc. looking for Doop, I sat down to AIM op to try once again in the evening and within 30 minutes (so ~10th tun) on normal I've found 2 in the same spot. Finally. Thanks to Sergen. I was planning to run some OPs anyway, done like 20 runs of Church of Purification before, and some others here and there, but picked AIM because of his post and it paid off. Finally done with it.

Edited by AkodoRyu
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, AkodoRyu said:

After roughly 15 hours of running through zones, porting through zones, changing difficulties etc. looking for Doop, I sat down to AIM op to try once again in the evening and within 30 minutes (so ~10th tun) on normal I've found 2 in the same spot. Finally. Thanks to Sergen. I was planning to run some OPs anyway, done like 20 runs of Church of Purification before, and some others here and there, but picked AIM because of his post and it paid off. Finally done with it.

Big congratulations for getting the trophy, I'm glad you were able to do it in time. A funny thing about grinding that map was that I was playing with a friend who was also doing the operation separately and we were planning to invite each other if we found the Cosmic Doop. I said to him "I'll try this map one more time before trying chapter 9" and that one last time ended up getting me the Cosmic Doop. It was certainly the most worrying trophy to do so I'm glad it came in that run, I hope nobody else only needs that trophy, it's a very annoying enemy to find. 

• Like 1

On 11/23/2017 at 2:27 PM, Sergen said:

Big congratulations for getting the trophy, I'm glad you were able to do it in time. A funny thing about grinding that map was that I was playing with a friend who was also doing the operation separately and we were planning to invite each other if we found the Cosmic Doop. I said to him "I'll try this map one more time before trying chapter 9" and that one last time ended up getting me the Cosmic Doop. It was certainly the most worrying trophy to do so I'm glad it came in that run, I hope nobody else only needs that trophy, it's a very annoying enemy to find. 

Does playing on cosmic increase the odds or can I just play in normal?

3 hours ago, Sergen said:

I got the Cosmic Doop to spawn on normal, so it's alright to play on normal. 

Yeah I finally got it. I played on heroic for the slight bump in xp, but the method works. Just ran the op like 30 or 40 times in a row, but it finally worked. So more confirmation for those of you out there still looking for a cosmic doop.

• Like 1

Please, for the ones who gets the Doop, tell us where it appears.

7 minutes ago, RUNNERBLADE said:

Same I started on cosmic worked my way up the list. He'll appear right away when you enter. If not there leave and try new map. Setting difficulty resets maps so try on other difficulty. It showed up on train yard? The juggernaut is the boss in the map he showed up on. 

So if I enter in Op and I don't see it, I must restart ?