The Game deleted from PS store!

abdo177

Games like these just shouldn't have platinums. And I find it odd that they would cater to such a small crowd. Even among trophy hunters, I really doubt most people were actually interested in playing this game for the quick platinum. But maybe I'm just speaking for myself. I think games like these are insulting to trophy hunters to begin with. What's next, literally buying trophies? At least Sony is making them change the game.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

... No there are not, don't be daft. There are many AAA cash grabs out there as well, don't act like big publishers are less interested in money than independent developers are, that's stupid.

That's not what I said. What I said was that there are more indie cash grabs than AAA cash grabs. This isn't even debatable. The whole point of a "cash grab" is get high profit for low investment. AAA games require more investment than indie games.

There are good indie games, but stop making up nonsense. 

1 minute ago, starcrunch061 said:

That's not what I said. What I said was that there are more indie cash grabs than AAA cash grabs. This isn't even debatable. The whole point of a "cash grab" is get high profit for low investment. AAA games require more investment than indie games.

There are good indie games, but stop making up nonsense. 

That still does not make it true that there are more indie cash grabs than AAA cash grabs. A bigger investment does not mean it's not a cash grab any more.

It's not nonsense, unless you were somehow talking in absolute numbers instead of relatively. Because per 100 indie games there are not more cash grabs than per 100 AAA games.

• Like 1

So this was made just for trophies? I feel dirty that I bought it before it got removed. Games shouldn't be made for the sole purpose of trophies and trophies only. I'll probably still play it though...since I already wasted 0.98 on it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Terra said:

So this was made just for trophies? I feel dirty that I bought it before it got removed. Games shouldn't be made for the sole purpose of trophies and trophies only. I'll probably still play it though...since I already wasted 0.98 on it

You won't feel dirty if you can beat the game in under 4 minutes now :awesome: 

8 hours ago, Dag said:

So they take this down, which I don't agree with, it's not like it is a bad game and it's only 0.98c, who cares about the way it's being advertised.

If this wa such a big issue then why approve it Sony, your just making yourselves look dumb. 

"We approve your game to be sold on the store, 1-2days later sorry but it has to be taken down because of how your advertising it" ......SMH :facepalm: 

so you gonna stop stop giving away themes to people who plat certain games now, since that could be advertising trophies......

So anyway, getting back to the thread, I agree with this. Enough of Sony's pandering already. If you're going to approve the game, stand by your decision. It's not fair to the developers (however scummy you may think they are) to approve a decision, and then rescind it immediately due to public outcry from people who aren't even playing the game.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Bullshit. The percentage of complete broken, crap indie games, put out SOLELY to get a decent % return on a low investment, is ridiculously high. You just don't care, because you don't hear about them. For every Axiom Verge, there are 10 Solbrain's out there (maybe even more).

Go on - shop the dregs of the PSN. Go to "all games" and shop for games up, say, a $2 price tag. The amount of recycled nonsense, broken nonsense, and just terrible stuff is liable to make your brain bleed.

You're comparing apples to oranges, and ignoring the ridiculous volume of just bad games which are released. If I could dump a game on PSN for $1000 which gave people a plat, why wouldn't I? How hard is it to recover my investment twice over for this? 

Don't be a fanboy. Of course there are great indie games, and it's wrong to paint indies with a single stroke. However, there is no question that Sony needs to police the crap that comes out with the "indie" tag far more than it needs to do so for AAA games. 

I'm not a fanboy, stop being an asshole. Check my card, I play indie and AAA equally.

The only difference between "indie" and AAA is literally that an indie is independent. Don't make it more than it is and don't pretend like AAA games are so holy. If you'd rather act like a dick instead of have an adult discussion, I'll just ignore you because there's no talking to someone acting like you do right now. Take a moment to breathe and check how ridiculous you're talking right now.

• Like 2

Many of you will not feel dirty as me.

I get this Platinum trophy basically World Record, at least from this site.

I feel bad now. lol

I think indie game should be allow but only the one that clearly don't look bad. Game with easy platinum is ok but not easy in this way (and promo trailer is just too much) because this is just insult. Even Mayo is better because at least they took effort making that game with so many art and some philosophy(?) phrase.

I also think Energy Cycle and various game lately (Tiger , Spear of Destiny, Skylight etc.) shouldn't even be here.

I doubt we may return to hard platinum game on Early PS3 era where Platinum is really the one you take many effort to get one after this incident.

Sony may review Platinum trophy in new way. We'll see.

Edited by FielVeredus
  • Like 1

Just now, BillyHorrible said:

I'm not a fanboy, stop being an asshole. Check my card, I play indie and AAA equally.

The only difference between "indie" and AAA is literally that an indie is independent. Don't make it more than it is and don't pretend like AAA games are so holy. If you'd rather act like a dick instead of have an adult discussion, I'll just ignore you because there's no talking to someone acting like you do right now. Take a moment to breathe and check how ridiculous you're talking right now.

You're the one flying off the handle here, buddy. You've attributed multiple statements to me that I have never said. Here's yet another one:

1 minute ago, BillyHorrible said:

The only difference between "indie" and AAA is literally that an indie is independent. Don't make it more than it is and don't pretend like AAA games are so holy.

Where did I say that AAA games are "so holy"? I'll wait for you to point them out. You're completely changing the conversation here, because you're afraid that an admission that most indie games are total crap is equivalent to an admission that ALL indie games are total crap. It's not true.

Look at it logically. Which of these is more pragmatic? Releasing a broken, multi-million dollar budget game as a cash grab, or releasing a broken, multi-hundred dollar budget game as a cash grab. No one is saying that every multi-million dollar game is good. They're not. But companies pay far more (both in the present and the future) for a large release of a bad game with a giant budget than they do for a bad game with no budget.

This dude says it the best.

2 hours ago, TheGwynbleidd said:

Not bashing indie games here. There are indie games that are gems, but the majority of them are money grabs like this one.

I will even go further, and say that the vast majority of indie games are lousy, recycled, broken games meant solely to recover >2x the minimal budget necessary to release it. And this is on Sony's PSN. If you move to Steam, you're swimming in a sea of complete feces. 

This statement in no way diminishes the work of a Tom Happ. In fact, the best way to help ethical developers like him is to keep this crap from flooding the store. 

And honestly, did you threaten to put me on ignore? xD

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

... Strongly disagree, there's no more indie money grabs than there's AAA money grabs. Let's not make the assumption that independent developers care less for their work than the big boys.

It's only natural for someone to take pride and care for their work. Point is that the result may not be what the indie developer had in mind. Indies take less time to develop than AAA, but why bother releasing them if the result is a huge mess? Same goes for AAA titles. I 'm saying this cause the majority of indies are broken and you cannot compare them with an AAA title. What is the point of making a game that looks like it was meant to be played on a GameCube in 2017? Nostalgia? This is what I believe.

6 minutes ago, FielVeredus said:

I doubt we may return to hard platinum game on Early PS3 era where Platinum is really the one you take many effort to get one after this incident.

Yeah, back then earning the platinum was no easy task.

OK. I'll be the dick here. I wish these one dollar plats would leave PSN for good. I'm not against easy platinums (I have a lot of plats that are common or uncommon), but I am against plats for games with minimal content. If you can casually (key word here) earn a plat in less than 2 hours (no speedruns), then the game should not have a plat. Period. I don't know how this is currently being determined, but it's wrong.

If more of this garbage comes out, then to me, the value of a platinum decreases. It'll no longer be impressive to have 100 plats or 8000 trophies because I can go earn 500 trophies and 10 plats in one sitting and pay 10 dollars.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, TheGwynbleidd said:

It's only natural for someone to take pride and care for their work. Point is that the result may not be what the indie developer had in mind. Indies take less time to develop than AAA, but why bother releasing them if the result is a huge mess? Same goes for AAA titles. I 'm saying this cause the majority of indies are broken and you cannot compare them with an AAA title. What is the point of making a game that looks like it was meant to be played on a GameCube in 2017? Nostalgia? This is what I believe.

I agree with you that "nostalgia graphics" is a weird thing. I love some of them (Fez, Shovel Knight) but they are few and far between. Some people claim that it's because it's easier to program, at which time I point to Dust: that game has been made by one person (outsourced the making of the music I believe) and the graphics are beautiful (drawn by hand, actually). Though I do feel like making a point that it's appealing to some (I can't wait to play Yooka-Laylee, for instance, now that we're talking about less than stellar graphics).

I disagree that the majority of indie games is broken though. Yes, a lot of pulp is released, but a lot of gems are released as well. Sad thing is, apparently the bast way of getting a high profile these days is either being very bad or having a very easy platinum.

I loved Four Sided Fantasy for instance, yet less than 300 people on PSNP have given it a chance. 2D platforming with a twist, very well executed for the small budget.

It's actually one of the things I love about PS+. There's do many wonderful small titles out there which I know nothing about, and roaming the PSN Network and getting them through PS+ are the main ways I find out about them. Contrast AAA games - we know about each and every single one coming out, and we know almost exactly which ones we want to play. There's many broken indie games out there but those are the ones we find out about thanks to complaints. There's many more perfectly fine games out there that we simply don't know that exist.

Hope this explains a bit more to you why I disagree with you and why I think I'm in the right here.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TheGwynbleidd said:

Just watched the trailer. WTF is this??? I don't like calling people trophy whores for having an easy platinum, but this is just anohter level. This game was just made to be an easy platinum. Worst part is that they are advertising it like so.

I thought the trailer was hilarious, and watched it multiple times. Some of you take things too seriously...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, killer91ITA said:

I was joking, i think it was obvious. UR in the common sense ?

just gonna come here and say those are nice BFH stats... :)

and honestly... i see ALOT of people with 200 platinums and shitty completion percentages... like i'm not the guy who would be impressed about how many trophies/golds/platinums anyone has... it's ALL about the Completion Percentages... ;)

anyone can get this shit done but 100% no one's gonna be like "nice, he has the 1000 top rated plat"

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Xylobe said:

I messaged the developer on Facebook for the lulz and they told me that Sony asked them to change the name because "they felt it wasn't descriptive enough" (dev's words). They also confirmed that when it's relisted it won't have a second trophy list so RIP the dream of this becoming a rare plat.

But will they change the trophy list banner and title while being the same list?